• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

LINEAGEOS 15.1 FOR XIAOMI MI8 LITE [UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0][TESTERS RECRUITMENT]

brunorochaa00

Sep 23, 2016
Teresina

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • RIL
  • Sound
  • Camera

Known issues:
  • Ambient Display
  • Xiaomi Parts
  • You Tell me

Download:
First build for tests: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fCcuLafNtIWRwbfR_rM6gfRrQm40NyAm/view?usp=drive_open

Join in our Telegram Group for report: https://t.me/platinatesters

XDA:DevDB Information
LINEAGE OS MI8 LITE, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8

Contributors
brunorochaa00
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-12-11
Last Updated 2018-12-14

Deedrieen

Dec 10, 2009
Whilst I'm still waiting for before the unlock time is over so I can unlock the device, I'm willing to participate with the project! This should not be taking any longer then 232hours ...
But I'm only limited in spare time so I won't be reporting much information. But when i got some you will know!
I'm now on MIUI 10.0.3.0 and I think this OS is by far the worst Android OS I ever encountered on a smartphone.
For example:
- Simple notifications do not work - whenever someone sends me a Whatsapp, the message just disappears
- Apps in the background are closed for some reason - I always have apps open in the background, but they are closed after a call
- Android Auto - Black bars on the bottom and top of the screen which disables any use of it
- And then there are the numerous adds en MI apps.

So far for my complaints about the device. It's a good and decent device but without the proper OS on it, it will lack the complete use of it all.
Therefor I'm willing to help the devs and in the further future other users.

Reactions: malek_anas_97

ghbuur

May 24, 2013
Whilst I'm still waiting for before the unlock time is over so I can unlock the device, I'm willing to participate with the project! This should not be taking any longer then 232hours ...
But I'm only limited in spare time so I won't be reporting much information. But when i got some you will know!
I'm now on MIUI 10.0.3.0 and I think this OS is by far the worst Android OS I ever encountered on a smartphone.
For example:
- Simple notifications do not work - whenever someone sends me a Whatsapp, the message just disappears
- Apps in the background are closed for some reason - I always have apps open in the background, but they are closed after a call
- Android Auto - Black bars on the bottom and top of the screen which disables any use of it
- And then there are the numerous adds en MI apps.

So far for my complaints about the device. It's a good and decent device but without the proper OS on it, it will lack the complete use of it all.
Therefor I'm willing to help the devs and in the further future other users.
those bugs are gone with android pie. try xiaomi eu rom ;)

reddie

Mar 3, 2009
Flashed it.

Can't get connected to WiFi:
E/WifiConfigManager(1732): Cannot add/update network before store is read!
E/WifiStateMachine(1732): recentFailure: Association Rejection code: 0
E/WifiStateMachine(1732): failed

Magisk and Xposed installer crashes:
E/AndroidRuntime(3520): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(3520): Process: com.topjohnwu.magisk, PID: 3520
E/AndroidRuntime(3520): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.topjohnwu.magisk/a.c}: java.lang.SecurityException: ConnectivityService: Neither user 10117 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE.
E/AndroidRuntime(3520): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2778)

E/AndroidRuntime(3624): Process: de.robv.android.xposed.installer, PID: 3624
E/AndroidRuntime(3624): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{de.robv.android.xposed.installer/de.robv.android.xposed.installer.WelcomeActivity}: java.lang.SecurityException: ConnectivityService: Neither user 10118 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

Did delete cache after flashing, but it didn't go well. Re-flashed and deleted cache.
Errors are gone, WiFi is working.

Last edited:

bergui45

Mar 22, 2018
Chambors
hello,
I just installed LineageOS16 + TheGApps on my unlocked MI8.
Everything is OK but there is a serious issue with 2 SIMS inside: impossible to have the SIM1 card blessed?
After removing the SIM2, it's OK to have SIM1 blessed...
On MIUI10 both SIMS 1 &2 were blessed...?
Any idea how to have this issue fixed?
Regards