• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 15 mako (nexus4) rom

Search This thread

mickeymk

May 2, 2021
already discussed and solved here:
post # 55

OT: what information do you think is missing if you took about 30 min to read and understand these 4 pages ?
I've read all posts including the one you provided. I am very new at this (I still have a stock ROM on my phone) and was hoping to keep the process as simple as possible the first time. That is why I was hoping to find an old GAPPS file form 2018 rather than messing with gapps-config.txt. If that file is no longer available, then of course I have no choice.

NPC70199

Aug 12, 2011
Stuttgart
First, thank you for taking care of this rom.
My question. When I try to make a call, the screen goes black. It's like frozen. It is then no possible to cancel the call. Whatever I try, the screen stays black.
Does anyone have the same problem and already a solution?

roland3939

Jan 7, 2016
My question. When I try to make a call, the screen goes black. It's like frozen. It is then no possible to cancel the call. Whatever I try, the screen stays black.
Does anyone have the same problem and already a solution?

No such issue here.

Without further information regarding your device ( e.g. ROM history?; logs?( logcat and/or last_kmsg); issue is reproducible ? ), only general solution is possible like this:
backup all data you will preserve
boot to recovery and do full wipe (system, data, cache)
get latest stock ROM ( google: "occam-lmy48t-factory-c43c7cfd.zip" )
flash device using fastboot and "flash-all" script from stock ROM in order to restore/recover base-band SW and radio SW
check for hardware problems and any issues when using this google factory image
in case there are NO problems at all, clean ! flash this ROM (directly to latest version)

NPC70199

Aug 12, 2011
Stuttgart
Than
Without further information regarding your device ( e.g. ROM history?; logs?( logcat etc.

Thank you for your quick reply. I only use my nexus4 in my car for navigation and charging through QI.
To test a new ROM is no option because I lose my favorite navigation software, but I can provide a logcat-file at start if I try a phone-call.
phone_log_file.txt

Last edited:

NPC70199

Aug 12, 2011
Stuttgart
Thanks. I hope, you don't waste more time for further investigation. I'm happy somebody like you spent time to spread updates for this phone. My navigation and traffic warnings works without any problems and this is the important point for me.

Waldold

Aug 22, 2020
Google Nexus 4
New build uploaded
lineage-15.1-20210714-UNOFFICIAL-mako-signed
Changelog:
July 2021 security patches (including "O_asb_2021-07" )
Update default Chromium Webview to 91.0.4472.120

second source for download: androidfilehost.com

Is there any possible way to avoid Xposed Framework disabling (with activated Fake GApps module) after updating the system with MicroG already installed?
It also removes GmsCore.apk from /system/priv-app, but it's necessary to be placed here for proper work of location provider.

roland3939

Jan 7, 2016
regarding topic "signature spoofing":
for details see post # 66

topic "(re-) install apk to system partition":
as this partition is mounted read-only, enable write access using adb:
adb root; adb shell
then using this shell: mount -o remount,rw /system
(re-) install particular apk using adb push
don't forget to delete write access to system partition when your are done: mount -o remount,ro /system

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldold

Waldold

Aug 22, 2020
Google Nexus 4
regarding topic "signature spoofing":
for details see post # 66

topic "(re-) install apk to system partition":
as this partition is mounted read-only, enable write access using adb:
adb root; adb shell
then using this shell: mount -o remount,rw /system
(re-) install particular apk using adb push
don't forget to delete write access to system partition when your are done: mount -o remount,ro /system

And another solution is to install Magisk module — microG Installer Revived — but it's better to do directly from the Magisk's internal repository.

pfederighi

Nov 22, 2012
Seattle
Hello. It's been a while since I've needed these things, but is it possible to add the USB OTG and 4G mods to the kernel? If not, are there any kernels that have these features that work with this ROM? Since 3G service is quickly disappearing, that single band 4G may be the only thing that keeps this phone alive.

mark2410

May 26, 2010
just flashed but on booting all i ever get is setup wizard has crashed. tried to install gapps pico but its too big. can anyone help??

Top Liked Posts