• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 16.0 | 19.04.2020 | Shield blobs

Search This thread

Mea0831

May 17, 2020
Tab freezes when locked

Hi, thank you for this rom. Its very stable and im able to revive and use my old tablet. Have a problem though. Whenever i lock the device, i often am unable to open it. I need to restart it i think its freezes. I have flashed it a couple of times even wiping up everything but still having the same problem. Hope you can help me. Thanks

Artemka2008

Feb 3, 2016
Moscow
Hi, thank you for this rom. Its very stable and im able to revive and use my old tablet. Have a problem though. Whenever i lock the device, i often am unable to open it. I need to restart it i think its freezes. I have flashed it a couple of times even wiping up everything but still having the same problem. Hope you can help me. Thanks

Cuz you did not install the rom properly

kazarin79

Dec 12, 2009
Hello.
I have same problem. All flashed properly. When device is on the charge all work normal. But when device is long time unplugged from charge and in standby mode i need to restart, because he in not responding, accumulator is normal and charged.

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
I think you guyz need to end all this frustration of flashing every other rom, take my suggestion into consideration of installing AEX EXTENDED ROM based on OREO build march 2020.
This is the smoothest, bug free, high performance rom.
Till its gets pie, I'm sticking to lineage. I feel like oreo is a prodigal son like marshmallow was. :)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I am getting similar issue, if I wake up the device after a long time, I get a black screen. The only thing I can do is long press power button and power menu comes up then I have to restart and it works again.

jean marc

Nov 5, 2006
Limassol
Till its gets pie, I'm sticking to lineage. I feel like oreo is a prodigal son like marshmallow was. :)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I am getting similar issue, if I wake up the device after a long time, I get a black screen. The only thing I can do is long press power button and power menu comes up then I have to restart and it works again.

Very strange, I had this problem but before the kernel update, now it is working smoothly, just home screen can be a bit long to load but I got used and it is fine. I was suspecting maybe that only 2Gb Ram could make the tablet too slow, with the difficult to deal with multitasking, I intsalled LSpeed and I set Agressif and Task killer, and it is a bit better now, I don't have any more so much delay from one app to another, even home screen is loading faster, I use Poco Launcher.

Jul 20, 2013
Experience and bugs with rom after a week of use

Hi,I've been using this rom for the past week or so,and to begin with thanks for still keeping this device alive and running on the latest version security updates.
While using the device here are some of the bugs I've discovered:

1. YouTube video gets corrupted sometime and requires an app force close and restart. Maybe something to do with hardware acceleration?

2. Sound issues,a lot of the times the device sound just completely goes and returns after sometime/device lock-unlock. Also the sound is very tinny and only audible at the max volume,Very diff from the stock experience.

3. Battery drain, I've experienced heavy battery drain,almost to the point where I'm only able to get away with basic usage like reading and maybe a few videos on a single charge.

4. Auto-brightness is also an issue I think,I haven't seen it work at all.

5. I know as we're using shield blobs camera is not a possibility.but have there been any new discoveries regarding the issue?

Again,thanks for giving this device a new life from the dead 4.4kitkat......

Reactions: Abhishek Alex

mipadgen1

May 17, 2020
mipad 1 not detected by computer and boots to fastboot

I was attempting to flash lineageOS but my firmware knowledge was less than ideal so when I got to step 5, I copied it word for word into fastboot and obviously it didn't do anything (I didn't understand the "your path to" portion was supposed to be the file directory then) I then searched the internet trying to look for a solution, thinking I had missed a step. I came across a gadgethacks article titled "The Complete Guide to Flashing Factory Images on Android Using Fastboot" and got up to step five where I executed the "fastboot oem unlock" command and unlocked my mipad's bootloader I couldn't understand the next few steps so I gave up on this set of instructions. When I reattempted to use fastboot after figuring out what "your path to" meant on the first set of instructions, my device couldn't be detected through executing "fastboot devices", my computer's device manager, or MiFlash even though all ADB drivers were initially installed and I even installed it again just to be safe. How do I get my computer to detect my mipad again? Note: my mipad is now rebooting straight to fastboot

TLDR: unlocked mipad 1 bootloader using fastboot, mipad no longer detected by computer and only reboots to fastboot. How to get mipad detected by computer

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
I was attempting to flash lineageOS but my firmware knowledge was less than ideal so when I got to step 5, I copied it word for word into fastboot and obviously it didn't do anything (I didn't understand the "your path to" portion was supposed to be the file directory then) I then searched the internet trying to look for a solution, thinking I had missed a step. I came across a gadgethacks article titled "The Complete Guide to Flashing Factory Images on Android Using Fastboot" and got up to step five where I executed the "fastboot oem unlock" command and unlocked my mipad's bootloader I couldn't understand the next few steps so I gave up on this set of instructions. When I reattempted to use fastboot after figuring out what "your path to" meant on the first set of instructions, my device couldn't be detected through executing "fastboot devices", my computer's device manager, or MiFlash even though all ADB drivers were initially installed and I even installed it again just to be safe. How do I get my computer to detect my mipad again? Note: my mipad is now rebooting straight to fastboot

TLDR: unlocked mipad 1 bootloader using fastboot, mipad no longer detected by computer and only reboots to fastboot. How to get mipad detected by computer

First off, Mi Pad's bootloader isn't locked. You need not execute oem unlock command.
Secondly, I think you might have bricked it. Just google revive Mi Pad and get it to boot to MIUI 7, then follow the instructions again and dont get creative this time. Thats what I did. And dont allow system modifications when TWRP asks for it on first boot to recovery. Keep system read-only. Hope you get to use your Mi pad soon.

mipadgen1

May 17, 2020
First off, Mi Pad's bootloader isn't locked. You need not execute oem unlock command.
Secondly, I think you might have bricked it. Just google revive Mi Pad and get it to boot to MIUI 7, then follow the instructions again and dont get creative this time. Thats what I did. And dont allow system modifications when TWRP asks for it on first boot to recovery. Keep system read-only. Hope you get to use your Mi pad soon.

do you mean following the instructions that require to remove the back cover and shorting the mipad? because anything that requires connecting to a computer won't be possible

Jankev

Apr 25, 2016
Touch doesn't work when booted on o.s. but working perfectly on recovery. I've just replace my display with a new one unfortunately it has different touch controller / chip embedded on the ribbon that connects to the board. The old one is Artmel & the new one says Synaptic, already tried flashing the latest build of this ROM.. no luck. Haven't tried reverting into MIUI ROM Wich is KitKat.

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
Touch doesn't work when booted on o.s. but working perfectly on recovery. I've just replace my display with a new one unfortunately it has different touch controller / chip embedded on the ribbon that connects to the board. The old one is Artmel & the new one says Synaptic, already tried flashing the latest build of this ROM.. no luck. Haven't tried reverting into MIUI ROM Wich is KitKat.

My current display is also from Synaptic but touch works fine. Try installing the first release of this rom then dirty flash the latest release over that. Then flash gapps.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

do you mean following the instructions that require to remove the back cover and shorting the mipad? because anything that requires connecting to a computer won't be possible

Yes that method. But you were using a computer right? If you don't have access to a pc right now, maybe others can help you.

Jankev

Apr 25, 2016
Edit:
clear cache & date
Flash this "lineage-16.0-20191206-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip"
rebbot
no luck, touch still doesn't work.. then proceed as you instructed still not functioning.

@Arsenious will try & hope that it will work. Currently @ stock MIUI v9 CN ROM touch is working fine & remembered how beautiful MIUI is then suddenly I just felt the delay ? I'll revert back to custom ROM.

Last edited:

couplefly

Apr 7, 2018
Where is charge signal light ?

lineage-16.0-20200419-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
Work fine.
Turn on need push power butten 30' - release it - push it 5's.
How to open charge signal light ?:confused:

mipadgen1

May 17, 2020
My current display is also from Synaptic but touch works fine. Try installing the first release of this rom then dirty flash the latest release over that. Then flash gapps.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Yes that method. But you were using a computer right? If you don't have access to a pc right now, maybe others can help you.

i do have access to a pc, just that the mipad does not get detected when plugged into the computer

bernardosgr

Sep 4, 2015
Hi guys, I'm getting a weird behavior after flashing LOS 16.

Everything worked out fine when flashing from TWRP.
Had a few issues in the beginning which were fixed after formatting the device and then flashing was super smooth.

I am able to power on and boot into the OS normally and use the device, however, if I leave it unattended for a while and then try to get into it again by pressing the power button, it seems to be frozen.
I am forced to power it off by holding down the power button for a while and then power it back on.

Is this a known issue?
I've been looking for similar descriptions but haven't really found any.

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
Hi guys, I'm getting a weird behavior after flashing LOS 16.

Everything worked out fine when flashing from TWRP.
Had a few issues in the beginning which were fixed after formatting the device and then flashing was super smooth.

I am able to power on and boot into the OS normally and use the device, however, if I leave it unattended for a while and then try to get into it again by pressing the power button, it seems to be frozen.
I am forced to power it off by holding down the power button for a while and then power it back on.

Is this a known issue?
I've been looking for similar descriptions but haven't really found any.
If you read through this thread again you will find the said issue. I think it was fixed by a kernelpatch zip.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Did the issue of graphical glitches and sound cracking resolve because I am using LOS and it does the job , I really plan to move to LOS 16.. should I do so please guide

Graphical issues are gone now, as for the sound crackling, my Mipad has very low output compared to MIUI and sound crackles a tiny bit at max volume. Volume boosters dont work.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

i do have access to a pc, just that the mipad does not get detected when plugged into the computer

Then I guess you have to restore it using the Unbrick method(shorting of pins under sd card slot) or it just might be your usb ports or cables.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 16.0

Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition
    3) BRAIN, READING SKILL and presence of basic knowledge about firmware (in the absence need learn to independently)

Instruction
    1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    3) download recovery-03.11.2018
    4) go to fastboot mode
    5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
    6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
    7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
    8) if you are on previous LineageOS 16.0 build then you may install the ROM without wipes. If you're not, make full wipes then
    9) install current LineageOS 16.0 build
    10) reboot to the system

Sources
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Changelogs

system:
    - the latest security patch
    - fixed graphical glitches
    - minor fixes

system:
    - the latest security patch
    - fixed Vulkan
    - fixed OMX
    - fixed UI microlags(it may cause graphical glitches)

The first public build

Broken:
    - Cameras

Download:
    ROM folder
    Last build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    Artemka2008
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-12-07
    Last Updated 2020-04-19
    the ROM was updated
    the ROM was updated
    You're THE man!
    Wonderful help!

What about help concept on forums?!?
    Friend...go to Google to find some cats memes, it's better than your presence here! [emoji12][emoji8]

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Your first attempt should be to google a problem, if you can't find the solution then ask in a forum. That's what forum is for.