LineageOS 16.0 | 19.04.2020 | Shield blobs

Search This thread

leiersai

Mar 22, 2017
Oh my good lord! I had never thought of a pie ROM with working hardware decoding came out!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Just thank you so much my deer developer

shagg2010

Apr 16, 2020
for error code 7, it is reported because you have not merged partitions. Merge the partition using old version twrp 2.8.4 and flashing Repartition_MI_Pad_1_2GB_zardMi3.zip this rom. And then go ahead and install the Lineage OS rom.

Reactions: 0blivi0n

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
RAM consumption/management needs to be improved.

System idles at around 1.4 to 1.5GB RAM usage. Shows 2.1GB total RAM whereas 1982MB is the actual. In small games when I have to use keyboard (Gboard) to type something, the keyboard comes up and crashes due to lack of memory, have to try again and again to get it to stay. Another example, chrome with one tab open, tab can't sustain being in a zoom meeting. Both apps get killed and have to reload them again.
EDIT: Another issue which i noticed before but verified now. The Hardware Decoder is buggy, no videos play on MX player with HW/HW+ decoder and youtube also. Infinite loading. Gets fixed temporarily after restart.

Last edited:

chopchop12

May 6, 2019
i finished flash recovery, but after i try to go to recovery power+volup it gets me stuck on mi logo.. help..

leiersai

Mar 22, 2017
I only reduced 1% of blue(any color works) color calibration without any other adjustment (eg. HW overlay), no more glitches occured

Reactions: karshadum

kikepq

Mar 7, 2008
Thanks leiersai..its works fine.
One thing that I observed is that when is about 15% of battery it switches off. Does it happen to you?
Do you know which kernel works better for this rom? Regards

Last edited:

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
One thing that I observed is that when is about 15% of battery it switches off. Does it happen to you?

Yep, my tab dies too before it reaches 0%, I think our battery is just old or the controller is going bad. Had similar issue on my Redmi 1S and a new battery didn't fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

i finished flash recovery, but after i try to go to recovery power+volup it gets me stuck on mi logo.. help..

The tab is very finnicky about the timing so when its stuck at Mi logo, keep all buttons pressed and then screen should go off. Now you would notice on single press on the power button pad turns on. As soon as Mi logo shows up again, keep pressing vol up button with couple second intervals. Like this ___ -- ___ ( pressed is underscore, released is hyphen).

Reactions: chopchop12

squadkuna

Jan 26, 2012
Wow it works..

Thank you so much for the developer for making this ROM
I considered to buy the new tablet due to the outdated OS (Kitkat 4.4) which make several frequently used apps are not compatible.
But with your ROM, my Mipad feels like a brand new tab hahaha

Experiencing frequent screen glitch but resolved by disabling HW overlays.

leiersai

Mar 22, 2017

I'm sorry bro, but I never discharge my battery under 40% , so I have no idea , maybe it's a fake display problem ?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

It works! Tnx

Inviato dal mio MI PAD utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm glad that helps:)

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Wow it works..

Thank you so much for the developer for making this ROM
I considered to buy the new tablet due to the outdated OS (Kitkat 4.4) which make several frequently used apps are not compatible.
But with your ROM, my Mipad feels like a brand new tab hahaha

Experiencing frequent screen glitch but resolved by disabling HW overlays.

You may just turn down 1% of any color in LiveDisplay-->color calibration without disabling HW overlays for a once-for-all solution.

Reactions: jean marc

squadkuna

Jan 26, 2012
I'm sorry bro, but I never discharge my battery under 40% , so I have no idea , maybe it's a fake display problem ?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I'm glad that helps:)

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

You may just turn down 1% of any color in LiveDisplay-->color calibration without disabling HW overlays for a once-for-all solution.
Wew I just knew that..
Applying your tips and it now works seamlessly :good:

linarense

Jun 3, 2010
Thank you, great job!!

I only have a problem, sometimes I lost sound playing games and I have to switch off screen to recover it.

saurav_xdadev

Jan 29, 2014
Kathmandu
If you upgraded from LOS 14.1 your shield blobs are to be blamed. In my case my 14.1 installation was corrupted and setup wizard crashing and not completed. Got my tab hard bricked, reinstalled MIUI 7 then went to this ROM. Hence my shield blobs was gone and I never faced the screen issue again.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Can confirm this.:good:

I have tried all sorts of solutions for this rebooting issue. And after seeing your post, tried going to MIUI 7 and then directly to this rom as well, using the same process. Still the tablet reboots atleast 8-10 times a day in standby mode draining Battey. Don't know what is causing this, but I seem to have no solution regarding this rebooting issue.

I appreciate the developer updating this Rom but, he also needs to atleast figure out why this issue is there for some users and give us a proper solution.

Some say its active system problem, some say its the shield blobs, don't exactly know what is causing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 16.0

Requirements:
    1) active system1
    2) merged system partition
    3) BRAIN, READING SKILL and presence of basic knowledge about firmware (in the absence need learn to independently)

Instruction
    1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
    3) download recovery-03.11.2018
    4) go to fastboot mode
    5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
    6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
    7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
    8) if you are on previous LineageOS 16.0 build then you may install the ROM without wipes. If you're not, make full wipes then
    9) install current LineageOS 16.0 build
    10) reboot to the system

Sources
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Changelogs

system:
    - the latest security patch
    - fixed graphical glitches
    - minor fixes

system:
    - the latest security patch
    - fixed Vulkan
    - fixed OMX
    - fixed UI microlags(it may cause graphical glitches)

The first public build

Broken:
    - Cameras

Download:
    ROM folder
    Last build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    Artemka2008
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-12-07
    Last Updated 2020-04-19
    the ROM was updated
    the ROM was updated
    You're THE man!
    Wonderful help!

What about help concept on forums?!?
    Friend...go to Google to find some cats memes, it's better than your presence here! [emoji12][emoji8]

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Your first attempt should be to google a problem, if you can't find the solution then ask in a forum. That's what forum is for.