LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 Beta

XdaFoxygen

Jun 10, 2019
html6405, [N5100] The firmware started, the bug with the screen rotation disappeared.
Bugs: Remained, imei, the microphone is quiet,Windows 10 sees it as n5110 when connected to pc.

bug, the problem is in the brightness slider, you have to twist it by 50℅ Maybe this is not a bug, I just compare it with android 7 .

The battery does not hold, there is no hold as in RR 5.8.5.
Screenshot_20210221-232829_Settings.png
Screenshot_20210221-232819_Settings.png
Screenshot_20210221-232758_Settings.png

Last edited:

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
Bugs: Remained, imei, the microphone is quiet,Windows 10 sees it as n5110 when connected to pc.
Thanks,
microphone should work now, RIL is hard to test for me because I don't own this device.
I've made a change where I think that a problem could have been.
I have no idea why the camera is pink in your case, if I test this rom on a n5110 it's working fine.

Please just update via OTA and test the mic and ril again.
If the baseband is still unknown, please provide me a modem log (just use the syslog app)
that I can try to debug it.

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
Yes I think this is the problem,
I'm sure that we can hack this, if there's time for it.
Okay, thank you. I hope so. :)
thx @WolfAyron for your donation :).
Your welcome! ;)
the problem is in the brightness slider, you have to twist it by 50℅ Maybe this is not a bug, I just compare it with android 7 .
If I understand correctly what you said, then I also noticed this. If I use the brightness slider in the pull down notification panel, the 50% does not equal to the 50% that I set on the notification bar. Setting the brightness by sliding my finger on the notification bar to the half of the screen, it sets the Brightness in Settings or in notification panel to apprx. 86%.

I also noticed, that the battery runs out pretty fast. I charged the device to 100%, unplugged, went to sleep and in the morning the battery was at 87%!
Perhaps something does keep the CPU running in background?
I installed BetterBatteryStats, so hopefully I'll be able to provide some useful information.

And one more thing I also experience the 2-3 sec screen wake delay. It was also present in Lineage Android 7.1.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: XdaFoxygen

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
bug, the problem is in the brightness slider, you have to twist it by 50℅ Maybe this is not a bug, I just compare it with android 7 .

I can improve the auto brightness, just have to define a new array for this,
many things run different than in android 7.
The battery could suffer under a the randomly restarting ril deamon.

XdaFoxygen

Jun 10, 2019
html6405, [N5100] Hello, I think we still need to work on optimizing the battery, for example, look at the n5100 core on RR 5.8.5, the microphone is quiet and differs from the drain.
Unfortunately, there is no time to send a log.
Bugs: Does not see imei, GPS, Bug with Open Gaps arm / nano writes "error sending voice analysis" I think it will be necessary to change the battery, in rr5.8.5 it holds a charge. :unsure:

Feb 21, 2021
html6405, [N5100] Hello, I think we still need to work on optimizing the battery, for example, look at the n5100 core on RR 5.8.5, the microphone is quiet and differs from the drain.
Unfortunately, there is no time to send a log.
Bugs: Does not see imei, GPS, Bug with Open Gaps arm / nano writes "error sending voice analysis" I think it will be necessary to change the battery, in rr5.8.5 it holds a charge. :unsure:
There is slight problem even with latest update today when you end apps they not actually ending but still in advance task killer. You will see every thing is still running even if you end them.

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
for example, look at the n5100 core on RR 5.8.5
What do you you mean should I look? RR5.8.5 bases on LOS14.1 and is different.
the microphone is quiet and differs from the drain.
Isnt it working with the last update?
Does not see imei
WIth the recent version? Actually it will get hard to get this running without any logs or a n5100,
and the frequently starting ril deamon will consumer much more battery,
so we could disable it for the moment or one of you has to provide me with logs.
The best solutions would be some donations, then I will buy a n5100 for my own and could better work on it..

Last edited:

XdaFoxygen

Jun 10, 2019
I saw it strange, there should be a modem log. Yes, I am using the latest assembly, perhaps the selinux error crashes For the reason - Magisk.
And knocks out the Error in TWRP file_contexts.bin

SafetyNet
(test failed.)

The firmware is good, on February 22 the release behaves more stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: html6405

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
Update 24.02.2021:
  • Fixed front camera and videorecording for it, had to make changes in Kernel and camera hal.
  • You have to set the front camera resolution to SD 480P!
  • Fixed GPS for N5110 and N5100, maybe RIL is also now fixed, I can't test it.
  • Fixed some Selinux issues.
  • Removed open camera because someone complained about it, included gCam.
  • Improved battery performance through some optimizations (for example wifi)