LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 Beta

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
and the baseband (emei & 3g) not work at all
Please read, this was already mentioned many times and I'm waiting for my device to work on this.
Thx to a donator I will have the chance to try to get it working.
my son told me that the tab got better from last time that he use it (LOS 14.1 boeflla kernel)
It must be clear, that android 9 will never runt as fast as android 7 on this device, if it's to slow for someone, than you have to downgrade.

Reactions: WolfAyron

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I need some Kernel testers, I was working on l2_hsic wake lock (affect n5100)
and wlan_rx_wake wakelock (affect all of them).

N5100:
N5110:
N5120:

These 2 are the most dominant wake locks and are draining our battery, I will upload for each device a Kernel and hope that you also can test it till tomorrow.

• At first, flash the kernel via TWRP (boot.img)
  • Boot into system and do: adb shell dumpsys batterystats --reset
  • Test it till tomorrow
  • Create me a log with:
adb shell
bugreport > /sdcard/bugreport.zip

I will analyze them, the more reports we have, the more I will be able to optimize our Kernel.

Last edited:

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
I need some Kernel testers.
I will analyze them, the more reports we have, the more I will be able to optimize our Kernel.
Great! Well, honestly I only used adb commands once, when I unlocked the bootloader of my Sony XZ Premium and rooted it. So I cannot really remember how I did, but I will Google a bit, to find out in order to be able to test the new kernel and make some logs. ;)

Reactions: html6405

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
adb shell
I realized that I still had platform tools installed so I opened a cmd window and tried to make a bugreport just to see if everything is working fine for tomorrow and the laptop can communicate with the tablet.
It did create the bugreport zip but showed me a warning. Then I wanted to look inside the zip so I turned on the Wifi on the tablet to upload the zip to my drive.

After some seconds the screen suddenly went black and then showed the "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" message so it went to Download mode for some reason.
But now I cannot boot into the system. When I turn on the device, the Galaxy Note text appears for half a sec and immediately goes into Download mode. I don't know what to do, or why is this happened. Though I tried and I can still go into Recovery, but cannot boot into system.
Any ideas? :(

Everything can be seen on the attached photo.

Attachments

• DSC_8556.JPG
    DSC_8556.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 24

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I realized that I still had platform tools installed so I opened a cmd window and tried to make a bugreport just to see if everything is working fine for tomorrow and the laptop can communicate with the tablet.
It did create the bugreport zip but showed me a warning. Then I wanted to look inside the zip so I turned on the Wifi on the tablet to upload the zip to my drive.

After some seconds the screen suddenly went black and then showed the "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" message so it went to Download mode for some reason.
But now I cannot boot into the system. When I turn on the device, the Galaxy Note text appears for half a sec and immediately goes into Download mode. I don't know what to do, or why is this happened. Though I tried and I can still go into Recovery, but cannot boot into system.
Any ideas? :(

Everything can be seen on the attached photo.
Have you already flashed the kernel?
Maybe something went wrong there.

You could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the rom.

Could you tell me exactly what you did (step by step).
As long as your eMMC is ok, you should be able to boot into recovery and reflash the rom.

Emaulana

Nov 19, 2013
Everything is fine on my n5100. I'll send the report latter. Thx for your effort on my old n5100. Magisk by default is asystem app on this rom. There's a warning that it should be a user app. I changed it to user app with titanium backup. is that ok?

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
The first reports look so good, they couldn't be better. I hope all yours will also look as good as mine and please test also mobile networking / calls, because I've changed many things also there (n5100 & n5120).

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
Have you already flashed the kernel? Maybe something went wrong there.
No I haven't. I just wanted to try creating the bug report to see if the communication is ok between the laptop and tablet for the morning when I will create the bugreport again. So I haven't flashed the new boot.img before this.
You could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the rom.
Yes, I reflashed the 02.25 released ROM and btw it somehow fixed the 'Natural' color profile which I mentioned that was faulty on my device after update. So I'm glad. ^^
Could you tell me exactly what you did (step by step).
Of course.
I started a cmd (administrator) in platform-tools folder > attached device in PTP mode with Android debugging enabled > typed in cmd: "adb shell dumpsys batterystats --reset" command > hit Enter > It created the zip and showed me a warning message that you can see in the picture I attached to my previous post.
After this, I wanted to copy the bugreport zip file to my computer but realized that the device is not in File Transfer mode, so I decided to upload it to my Google Drive. > Turned on the Wifi on my tablet > after some seconds, the screen went black and the Download mode message appeared as you can see in the picture.
After this, I could not boot into system. So I reflashed the ROM this morning and now it is working fine.

Furthermore, I also flashed the new boot.img in TWRP in Install/Image. It flashed the image in half a sec. I wonder if it is normal that it went so fast. I restarted my tablet and left it for 3 hours with screen off.
Well BBS still shows that in this 3 hours, the device was awake for 35 minutes (screen off) and that Android > *job.delay* caused the majority of the wakeups - 956 of 1002.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Furthermore, I also flashed the new boot.img in TWRP in Install/Image. It flashed the image in half a sec. I wonder if it is normal that it went so fast. I restarted my tablet and left it for 3 hours with screen off.
Well BBS still shows that in this 3 hours, the device was awake for 35 minutes (screen off) and that Android > *job.delay* caused the majority of the wakeups - 956 of 1002.
Yes it should go so fast, ok thx but I need the bugreport, BBS doesn't provide much informations.
I've testet already 6 devices and the run perfect.

The more data we have, the better it is.

Emaulana

Nov 19, 2013
With the new test boot.img battery drained very fast on my device. I found out that battery animation is not showing up when i charged the device while it turned off. I will send the bug report tomorrow after i use it tonight.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I found out that battery animation is not showing up when i charged the device while it turned off. I will send the bug report tomorrow after i use it tonight.
Then there must be something wrong, 8 Testdevices now have a significantly improvement, but I will analyze your report.

Reactions: Emaulana

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
Just to let you know, I followed your instructions to make a bugreport zip using the given commands:
adb shell
This generates a near 10 MB size zip file that is corrupt and cannot open with any application.
When I hit Enter to the above command, it shows a warning: "flat bugreports are deprecated, use adb bugreport <zip_file> instead".
I Googled this a bit, and tried using this command instead. Now it generated a much lower size zip file that is not corrupt and can be opened, and it added "konawifixx-PQ3A....etc" to the name of the zip.

I'm just writing this if someone runs into this problem that the given command doesn't work, then use this instead.

The broken report made with the original command:

Attached the new and working zip file

Attachments

• bugreport-konawifixx-PQ3A.190801.002-2021-03-04-08-32-24.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Emaulana

Nov 19, 2013
Battery animation is showing up when you plug the charger, but after that still not showing up when you press power button. I can not check battery level when it turned off as usual.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
sim card dose not work on gt-n5100
It does work, tested by my own. If you haven't updated via OTA,
you have to do it.
Else if it's despite update not working, update your modem firmware from the latest stock rom.
Attached the new and working zip file
Thx, but have you:
Boot into system and do: adb shell dumpsys batterystats --reset
made this one day before?

I will test to analyze your zip and we will see.

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
Thx, but have you made this one day before?
Yes. Yesterday I charged the tablet to 100%, then plugged in to my laptop, ran the batterystats reset command, succeded, unplugged, and left the device for the night, with wifi turned off. Today in the morning battery was on 90%. Plugged again to my laptop, and made the bugreport zip. First the faulty one, then the correct one, with the other command.

Reactions: html6405

Top Liked Posts

As long as I'm in "minus" with this ROM, no, but thanks anyway.
    Well, I would really like to be a part of this. So can you make a summary of what needs to be done in order to get LOS 18 to boot? And probably a simple task so that I can see whether I can help with code :)
    Update 07.04.2021:
    • brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this avoids for example Youtube Kids crash.
    • security bulletin 05.03.2021
    Via OTA and AFH.
    Update 24.03.2021:
    • N5100 & n5110 Selinux enforcing! Please test your devices very well, it could be that there are some rules missing. It was a real big thing to reach this level, without any neverallows.
    Via AFH & OTA, you can find the links at the start post.
    Update 14.04.2021:
    • Fixed video decoding problem with recent Netflix versions.
    Only via OTA.
    Thanks to dev for an amazing ROM. yesterday installed this LOS 16 for my GT-N5100 and it works very well. However, I noticed that now my Tab is not recognising the Sim Card and it always shows "No SIM Card". Can anyone please help me with this?
    Try to flash my modem, maybe your's is too old.

copy the modem bin into your internal memory and with:

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

you can flash it directly.

Afterwards just do a simple reboot and your baseband should be there again.
    Is there a way to remap the s pen button? Now it's set up as back and this makes it unusable with note taking apps cause instead of activating the action I set it up for on the app it just goes back or closes it :LOL:
    Sorry, not yet, because I've programmed this event directly into the kernel and included the short press gesture option much later.

Because I like the back event for testing purposes, I didn't removed it, but maybe I will soon.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of deconding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][BETA] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2021-04-07
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Thanks for your ROM. Tried to install it on N5110, but nothing worked, have you built it for this version? If not yet, than may I be able to change updater-script somehow? Want to test it very much, thanks.
    This version is for the n5120, but just wait a little bit,
    i will try to build a version for the n5110,
    I dont own this device.
    Now I've bought a n5110 by myself (about 55€...), hopefully there will be some donations so that I can also buy a n5100 to support 3G in future.
    These devices are very rare to buy and some people still want 100€ for a n5100,
    but we will see if I can find something cheap.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone