LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 Beta

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Attached the new and working zip file
Ok here we go:

com.spotify.music : AudioMix1011522m18s120ms0.00 5h31m19.606s

spotify is the most dominant wakelock, here you can see 5,3 hours...
All other user wake locks are a few minutes maximum, everything normal.

Here we have the kernel wake locks and I'm really proud of them, l2_hsic reduced from partly 10 hours to these beautiful values.

0battery-monitor5m51s425ms330.631h26m24.868s4878
1l2_hsic1m33s374ms181.2422m57.635s2674
2mmc1_detect3s80ms84.1145.455s1241
3power-supply1s30ms110.5515.208s1631

So your report seems to be really good to me, you simply have to optimize spotify.

Reactions: Emaulana

WolfAyron

Nov 13, 2012
Budapest
Here we have the kernel wake locks and I'm really proud of them, l2_hsic reduced from partly 10 hours to these beautiful values.
Great job! :)

com.spotify.music : AudioMix1011522m18s120ms0.00 5h31m19.606s
spotify is the most dominant wakelock, here you can see 5,3 hours...
So your report seems to be really good to me, you simply have to optimize spotify.

o_Oo_O?
I don't have Spotify installed neither on the tablet, nor on my smartphone. I haven't even registered to Spotify. I never used it.
Does this information really comes from my bugreport? Because what I could find out from my "bugreport-konawifixx-PQ3A.190801.002-2021-03-04-08-32-24.zip" file by searching for "job.delay" keywords is that an app called UpTimeWidget which I use both on my tablet and my phone is connected to job.delay wakes. So I decided to uninstall it from the tablet and will check some hours later if BBS shows less wakeups.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Does this information really comes from my bugreport? Because what I could find out from my "bugreport-konawifixx-PQ3A.190801.002-2021-03-04-08-32-24.zip"
yes, 100%, I've rechecked it, this process is running about 22 min every hour.
You can search it by your own in the txt file.
job delay will be triggered when an alarm happens, so this does not say anything.
In your report, only spotify is noticeable.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Ok, it was @Emaulana 's log,
I've overseen that there are 2 n5100 logs with the specific name.
I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding.

But your log is only over 20 minutes and doesn't say much.

Reactions: WolfAyron

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hi again
Thanks for update but after updating via OTA sim detected but no network coverage and haven't data .
My network is MTN Irancell.
Hi,

hmm it's working fine in my case, I will share my modem with you, maybe this helps.

Just flash it with:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 (only for n5100)
reboot

Last edited:

Arash_Elf

Jan 25, 2010
Hi,

hmm it's working fine in my case, I will share my modem with you, maybe this helps.

Just flash it with:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 (only for n5100)
reboot
Thanks , can you help me more that how can i flash with adb shell or can you share me a tutorial of flashing this .
I never useed adb shell

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Update 05.03.2021:
  • overtook kernel changes, wake lock related.
If you still have the feeling that your battery drain's to fast, create a bugreport for me with:
adb bugreport bugreport.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Mynacol

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Thanks , can you help me more that how can i flash with adb shell or can you share me a tutorial of flashing this .
I never useed adb shell
Just download the modem from previous post and store it on your internal storage (it's called sdcard).
You also can enable the local terminal in the developer settings.
In the terminal just type the commands directly with your device, but be careful
to enter it correctly, double check it.
You need root rights for this, but you also could to this in TWRP.
(There's also a terminal)

Reactions: Arash_Elf

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
The battery animation is still not showing up when the phone is charged with the device is off so we can not check the battery rate.
I didn't fixed this yet and it's not really important to me, as soon there is nothing else important todo, I will try to fix this.
The device is charging complelety normal up to 100% in the switched off state.
I will let you know if I have fixed this.

Reactions: Emaulana

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
@html6405 [N5100]
OTG does not work with a mouse .
The mouse cursor does not appear on the screen
Hi, thx for your report,
I've found the bug, you have to disable the stylus icon in settings.

Somehow the logic changed from previous LOS versions to LOS16.0,
I've brought this stylus icon feature by my own back.

I will have to overwork this in the framework.

Reactions: XdaFoxygen

erkh n5100

Sep 19, 2015
Hi @html6405, thank you for your amazing work!

I have been using the 2021-03-05 update with my GT-N5100 since it was released,
and so far I haven't noticed any major problems.

I have specifically tested Mobile Data, GPS, and Camera and they all work well

I should point out that there is a noticeable delay when I open the
settings app. Unlike others I haven't seen any delay before unlocking the phone.

I will be more than happy to be able to help with testing :D

Also Here's the link to my bug report. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: XdaFoxygen

Sferg

Feb 24, 2017
Hello, html6405!

Thank you for this firmware that has given new life to the tablet.

I installed this firmware on my tablet - everything works fine.

I would like to draw your attention to the following little things, such as:

- Regardless of the Home settings -> Show icon labels on desktop setting, when the tablet screen is oriented horizontally, there are no labels on the icons.

Vertical.png

Horizontal.png

- Regardless of the Settings -> System -> Buttons -> Menu button -> Short press action, the "Recent apps switcher" event occurs instead of "Open / close menu".

UPDATE:

The problem with the "Menu" button has been resolved. Perhaps it will be useful to someone.

1. Editing the file: /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchscreen.kl

In line:
key 139 APP_SWITCH VIRTUAL

Replaced by:
key 139 MENU VIRTUAL

2. Reboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 07.04.2021:
    • brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this avoids for example Youtube Kids crash.
    • security bulletin 05.03.2021
    Via OTA and AFH.
    Update 24.03.2021:
    • N5100 & n5110 Selinux enforcing! Please test your devices very well, it could be that there are some rules missing. It was a real big thing to reach this level, without any neverallows.
    Via AFH & OTA, you can find the links at the start post.
    Update 14.04.2021:
    • Fixed video decoding problem with recent Netflix versions.
    Only via OTA.
    Thanks to dev for an amazing ROM. yesterday installed this LOS 16 for my GT-N5100 and it works very well. However, I noticed that now my Tab is not recognising the Sim Card and it always shows "No SIM Card". Can anyone please help me with this?
    Try to flash my modem, maybe your's is too old.

copy the modem bin into your internal memory and with:

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

you can flash it directly.

Afterwards just do a simple reboot and your baseband should be there again.
    Is there a way to remap the s pen button? Now it's set up as back and this makes it unusable with note taking apps cause instead of activating the action I set it up for on the app it just goes back or closes it :LOL:
    Sorry, not yet, because I've programmed this event directly into the kernel and included the short press gesture option much later.

Because I like the back event for testing purposes, I didn't removed it, but maybe I will soon.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of deconding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][BETA] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2021-04-07
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Thanks for your ROM. Tried to install it on N5110, but nothing worked, have you built it for this version? If not yet, than may I be able to change updater-script somehow? Want to test it very much, thanks.
    This version is for the n5120, but just wait a little bit,
    i will try to build a version for the n5110,
    I dont own this device.
    Now I've bought a n5110 by myself (about 55€...), hopefully there will be some donations so that I can also buy a n5100 to support 3G in future.
    These devices are very rare to buy and some people still want 100€ for a n5100,
    but we will see if I can find something cheap.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone