LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 STABLE FINAL

Search This thread

GigioPinz

Dec 6, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Hello!
Great job with this ROM, it made me look for a new fancy s pen for this ancient monster.
Is there a way to remap the s pen button? Now it's set up as back and this makes it unusable with note taking apps cause instead of activating the action I set it up for on the app it just goes back or closes it :LOL:

Conmauro24

Mar 12, 2019
This rom is the best for this tablet, deactivating the automatic start of the app's, deactivating the second plane of the unnecessary app's and with the magisk universal doze module, nfs injector and gvisual, everything is wonderful it feels fluid snaptube runs the videos super good since the last update,
I really want to congratulate the developer for this excellent work, thank you very much for sharing and if you need a tester for n5110 here I am for future roms.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Is there a way to remap the s pen button? Now it's set up as back and this makes it unusable with note taking apps cause instead of activating the action I set it up for on the app it just goes back or closes it :LOL:
Sorry, not yet, because I've programmed this event directly into the kernel and included the short press gesture option much later.

Because I like the back event for testing purposes, I didn't removed it, but maybe I will soon.

This rom is the best for this tablet, deactivating the automatic start of the app's, deactivating the second plane of the unnecessary app's and with the magisk universal doze module, nfs injector and gvisual, everything is wonderful it feels fluid snaptube runs the videos super good since the last update,
I really want to congratulate the developer for this excellent work, thank you very much for sharing and if you need a tester for n5110 here I am for future roms.
Would you please say how you:
deactivating the automatic start of the app's,
deactivating the second plane of the unnecessary app's
magisk universal doze module
nfs injector and gvisual

TIA

There is slight problem even with latest update today when you end apps they not actually ending but still in advance task killer. You will see every thing is still running even if you end them.

Hello, I have GT-N5100 3G model. I recently installed Lineage OS 14 and found it is draining the battery like crazy and also there is lot of lag. Can you please share link for a good lineage build that works. i really like my device and want to keep it running. Thanks.

dvdram

Jun 30, 2014
Many, many thanks for your work! This LOS version makes my old N5110 really worth keeping!

Your build runs very smoothly, and so far there's only one bad news: I can not install the Netflix app, Google's Play Store tells my that my device is not compatible. Which is very strange, because before, on LOS 14.1, the app was running well.

Is there any way I can make Netflix work again?

html6405

Recognized Developer
I can not install the Netflix app, Google's Play Store tells my that my device is not compatible
Hmm this is strange, because now also selinux is enforcing.
But what I would do is:

Do a safetynet test, you can use any app from the playstore or Magisk Manager for this.
If your devices passes the test ( actually it should), then just simply go to the app settings and delete all data of the playstore, maybe after a reboot netflix should be available.

Reactions: prkfsz

html6405

Recognized Developer
Thanks to dev for an amazing ROM. yesterday installed this LOS 16 for my GT-N5100 and it works very well. However, I noticed that now my Tab is not recognising the Sim Card and it always shows "No SIM Card". Can anyone please help me with this?
Try to flash my modem, maybe your's is too old.

copy the modem bin into your internal memory and with:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

you can flash it directly.

Afterwards just do a simple reboot and your baseband should be there again.

Try to flash my modem, maybe your's is too old.

copy the modem bin into your internal memory and with:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

you can flash it directly.

Afterwards just do a simple reboot and your baseband should be there again.
I will try. I never worked with Su. so will learn and try .

Reactions: XdaFoxygen

dvdram

Jun 30, 2014
Hmm this is strange, because now also selinux is enforcing.
But what I would do is:

Do a safetynet test, you can use any app from the playstore or Magisk Manager for this.
If your devices passes the test ( actually it should), then just simply go to the app settings and delete all data of the playstore, maybe after a reboot netflix should be available.

Even stranger: I installed the Netflix apk, as described elsewhere at this site. That version worked. Today Playstore offered an update to that version, that I could install without any warnings about incompatibility.

According to the app itself, I am now running Netflix version 7.96.0, which is the same version I installed manually before. So, Playstore just updated version 7.96.0 to version 7.96.0, which it formally tagged as incompatible with my device.

Very strange indeed...

Apart from the mystery about the Netflix app, there is one small thing I have not been able to figure out yet: there's this little shield icon in the status bar, and this pop up on the home screen, both telling me that Smartlauchner (the launcher I am using) has no access to my personal data. That is perfectly fine with me, but I can not deactivate this massage. If I try, I am being told that this kind of message can not be deactivated

I remember shutting this message down forever on some other device months ago, but I can not remember how I did this.

Conmauro24

Mar 12, 2019
Would you please say how you:
deactivating the automatic start of the app's,
deactivating the second plane of the unnecessary app's
magisk universal doze module
nfs injector and gvisual

TIA
Sorry for my bad English, I'm going to attach the modules that I use on the tablet, the 3 files will be installed in magisk and I add a mod to optimize the system a bit, the latter is installed from twrp, and it's called Mod TweakProp.zip. To configure the gvisual from installing a terminal app, give it root access and use the gvm command to activate the module, then you go to pick radius and select 5 - large (32) with this, the windows with rounded corners are left.

Attachments

• gms_v1.8.2.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
  • G-Visual_Mod-v4.1(36).zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Mod TweakProp.zip
    190.7 KB · Views: 11
  • NFS_INJECTOR-X4-DREAMER.2711.zip
    476.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210401-001227_Nova_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210401-001227_Nova_Launcher.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 57

VisualDigits

Nov 24, 2012
Hamburg
knulli.homeip.net
Hi,

I just installed the image with datestamp 20210305 and quickly want to say big thanks to you for the awsome work - keep it up!

I have an old GTN 5110 (WiFi only) which rested in some locker some years now. My Idea was to revive it and use it in my car along with Android Auto.
So I experimented with some images (also the unofficial 14.1 which did not work for me due to issues with the WiFi - no WPA2 support it seems and I don't want to downgrade my WiFi to WPA nowadays...).

For this image I tested successfully so far: Wifi (2.4 and 5 GHz), Kameras main and selfie, GPS navigation and fix seem to be fine for me at least with the GPS Status app - fix was very quick < 10 seconds after downloading AGPS data), Google apps, Youtube - sound output is fine. I was not able to download something with Chrome due to issues with the download folder - Firefox works fine. The device is now rootet using SuperSU from chainfires website instead of the addonsu-16.0 which did not work for me.

A previous attempt to flash this image failed because I did only a normal wipe (dalvik and cache). It seems to be mandatory to do an advanced wipe and also format system and data before flashing. Initially I used the gapps nano flavour and installed the missing google apps I wanted from the appstore afterwards.
The only thing which did not work due to crashes was - well - Android Auto. But as Google Maps just works fine I can live with that. Yet to be tested is the teathering with my phone to have traffic updates on the road.

So in short - most things I use on a daily basis just work- great job!

Kind Regards

html6405

Recognized Developer
The device is now rootet using SuperSU from chainfires website instead of the addonsu-16.0 which did not work for me
Thanks for your report, I would recommend Magisk, SuperSU is pretty outdated.
advanced wipe and also format system and data before flashing
Yes, but this is mentioned in my instructions and is actually normal to install a custom rom,
but a factory reset is enough, you don't have to wipe data completely.
The only thing which did not work due to crashes was - well - Android Auto.
Hmm I've never tested this, but I will, maybe I can fix something for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 20.04.2022:
    • Re-Implemented boeffla sound and uploaded new boot images, just download and flash them directly in TWRP (Install->Install Image->boot.img->Boot->Swipe to confirm Flash)
    • N5100
    • N5110
    • N5120
    • Here you can download my app to customize boeffla audio, charging current and more: Exynos4 Kernel Manager (root needed)
    Thank you so much for your work, HTML6405 - a donation will be winging its way to you soon! As others have said, it's like having a new tablet. It took me a few days of battling to get it all working - in the end, I flashed back a stock ROM, then went from TWRP 3.6.1 to 3.5.0 (installed through ODIN). The issue, in common with others, was that GApps wouldn't work for me. I managed to get it working in the end using MindTheGApps.

Now just one minor irritation left that I'm trying to solve, but if you have any tips, they'd be gratefully received. Amazon Prime videos are scrambling when I try to play them. Google TV (ex Play Store) movies are fine, as are Disney+ ones. I don't have Netflix(!), so not able to test that. Any thoughts? (I'm a bit of a noob - no experience with ADB or deleting lines from places, but I can usually read code if I know where to start!)
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    TWRP
    N5100 Rom
    N5110 Rom
    N5120 Rom

If you're having problems with decoding some videos (blurried),
    this is mostly because the avc hardware decoder gets configured wrongly.

You can disable it with my magisk module:
    avc_decoder_disabler.zip
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access boeffla sound and other configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Update 09.01.2022:
    • Reverted all decoder modifications from the last 3 updates
    • Fixed SIM PIN unlock bug for n5100
    Hopefully this can be the final version.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Update 10.08.2021:
    • Fixed some more selinux denials
    • Security bulletin 05.08.2021