• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 STABLE

Search This thread

ThatzOkay

Jul 16, 2021
If you're unexperienced, no, here's a short video from myselft:

I'm alway's using the kmvtu000lm from a Samsung Galaxy S3, but there are really many eMMC's compatible:

The eMMC must be programmed for the corresponding device, I could do this for you.

The front camera is working fine, are you sure that it's not a hardware fault and are you using the most recent version of the ROM?
Found out i was not running the latest version. Now that i have updated it works

Reactions: html6405

sparks2012

Apr 14, 2013
I've installed this rom & works normaly on my gt-n5100. Bring it alive again . Thanks for your great work bro.
But i have one problem. I don't know how to take a screenshot with this rom

Last edited:

vuut

Jun 8, 2012
NHA TRANG city
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
Audio
Bluetooth
Graphics
Main camera
Wifi
USB
Video playback (HW/SW)
OTA Updates
RIL
GPS, not sure if completely
Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
consumerir transmitter
Sensors
  • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
  • Some apps because of decoding issues
  • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
  • Maybe more
If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
For both methods you need root rights.
If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-02-09
Last Updated 2021-07-14
please! link downlaods Files..thanks

vuut

Jun 8, 2012
NHA TRANG city
Nếu bạn cần quyền root, chỉ cần tải xuống trình quản lý magisk và cài đặt APK trong TWRP.
Cảm ơn Bạn trả lời cho tôi, và phiên bản Magisk.zip tôi có thể
Hi html6405,

I just installed your ROM last night.
Honestly, for some minutes I could not say a word. I was just staring at my old Note 8.0 seeing running an Android 9 system. It's unbelievable! It has died with Android 4 many years ago, and now a 5 gen newer system is running on it. It's a miracle!

Before that it was running the 7.1.2 Lineage OS for some months, but it was way too slow, laggy, and ate the battery really quick.

I followed your instructions exactly (including the wipes and factory reset in TWRP), installed the ROM and is running smooth.

Installed and flashed magisk so it is rooted also.
Đã cài đặt microG qua YouTube Vanced Manager. Vì một số lý do, sau khi tôi đăng nhập vào tài khoản gmail của mình trên YouTube Vanced qua MicroG, trang chính (hoặc bất kỳ trang nào) sẽ không tải trong ứng dụng. Vì vậy, thực sự tôi chưa thể sử dụng nó để xem video. Tôi không biết những gì có thể là vấn đề.
Bluetooth đang hoạt động trong trường hợp của tôi. Ít nhất những gì tôi có thể kiểm tra là phát một số bản nhạc đến loa BT và nó đang hoạt động.
Máy ảnh chính cũng đang hoạt động.

Điều tôi nhận thấy và coi đó là một lỗi là vì lý do nào đó khi tôi nhấn / chọn một tùy chọn trong cài đặt hoặc trong ứng dụng đọc, tôi nhấn vào một phần cụ thể của văn bản, nền trắng vẫn trắng, nhưng phần còn lại của các tấm màu trắng trở nên hơi xám / ngả màu. Tôi vẫn có thể gõ vào những phần đó và sau đó chúng trở nên trắng và các phần khác trên màn hình trở nên xám nhẹ. Tôi sẽ cố gắng ghi lại vấn đề và hiển thị nó cho bạn.

Cho đến nay, sau 1 ngày đây là thứ duy nhất tôi đụng phải.

Cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều vì tất cả những nỗ lực bạn đã bỏ ra trong miếng Pie của phép màu này!
Tôi sẽ lấy cho bạn một ly hoặc bia! ;)
Me too my Note8 N5100 work well with app Netflix,, thanks very much

vuut

Jun 8, 2012
NHA TRANG city
Chào,
con trai tôi sử dụng tab này (n5100)
và tôi không thể định cấu hình để sử dụng tài khoản google của anh ấy, lần nào cũng gặp lỗi khi đặt liên kết gia đình. ngay cả khi tôi tạo một tài khoản mới liên kết với liên kết gia đình của google vẫn không hoạt động.
nếu tôi sử dụng tài khoản google normal thường không ràng buộc với liên kết gia đình google thì nó hoạt động tốt
cảm ơn vì đã mang lại một cuộc sống mới cho thiết bị này
Fashing Gaaps in TRWP not yet ??!!!!Arm pico

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Đến bây giờ mình rất hài lòng với bản ROM LOS9.0 này, mấy năm trước không dùng được ứng dụng Netflix để xem phim, và các ứng dụng giải trí trên tivi khác, giờ thì tuyệt vời. một lần nữa xin chân thành cảm ơn
I'm sorry but I can't read anything 😂, please write in eglish.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 08.09.2021:
    • Synced with LineageOS sources
    • Some Kernel work
    • Fixed aptX
    • Updated the boot picture, if you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
      • adb shell (or use TWRP's terminal)
      • . /data/param_restore.sh
      • reboot
    • Uploaded a prepared package to build your own boot picture
    Attention:

In my last n5110 update, I've already published a thing I did not plan to do so early, but because of the demand to support the SHW-M500W, I did so.
    This update will change your boot screen, if you don't like this, stay at the version from the 10.08.2021.
    (Also for the other device users)

My plan is to upload a prepared package to build your own param.bin with your own bootimage, if you wan't to customize it!
    Hi,
    I'm allready using this rom for a while and I must say it is very stable and functionnal..
    I would like to try either /e/ which is based on same version or LOS18 to update to android 11.
    But I saw /e/ wasn't updated as much as this one, what would you recommand?
    Is /e/ more degooglised than LOS?
    /e/ is based on LOS 16 for these devices.
    I would wait, because very soon I will publish the official builds.
    I mean it makes no difference whether the S-Pen is plugged in or not while using the tablet. The original rom has a configuration to shut it off while its plugged in...
    Where should this configuration be?
    We're using the original Kernel, it's just overworked to be compatible with Android 9.
    I bet if I use the original ROM and take a second pen, it will work if the original pen is sticked in.
    I only know the disable function from newer devices, but anyway, it's not supported to disable the pen.
    I have an issue though, I have a Samsung Galaxy Dock, and I would like to have an HDMI output via this dock. But unfortunately I couldn't get it. Is there any way to activate HDMI output? I'm sure port and USB is working, cause I managed to connect my keyboard with USB dongle to the deck , and it worked.
    I'm sorry, this possibility is lost since android 7, wen can't use these old blobs anymore and Samsung won't publish the source code.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2021-09-08
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Update 10.08.2021:
    • Fixed some more selinux denials
    • Security bulletin 05.08.2021
    Update 22.04.2021:
    • Implemented logic to show the correct SN of the device
    • Security patch level 05.04.2021 update
    Via OTA and AFH.