• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 STABLE

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
but app zoom cloud meetings connect bluetooth speaker no sound
Will there be a solution?
I'm sorry for this, there won't be a solution from my side.
friends, I am not able to use the otg cable and charge the tablet at the same time (type Y cable). is there any setting or kernel to enable this function?
OTG is integrated in the Kernel and was working fine on my device.

Your charging port or cable could be faulty.

souzafl

Aug 20, 2012
I'm sorry for this, there won't be a solution from my side.

OTG is integrated in the Kernel and was working fine on my device.

Your charging port or cable could be faulty.

thank you for answering....I just tested it with 2 Y-cables, and mounted another one, but when I put it on the tablet, only the pendrive is recognized, but it doesn't load when connected to the power supply. is there any configuration I should do?

html6405

Recognized Developer
Yes.The stock four files and the repair firmware didn't work. Even the full twrp backup didn't work either.
This is really strange,
if you're flashing a custom ROM, only boot, system and vendor will be touched.

At the boot up process m9kefs1 (mmcblk4), m9kefs2 (mmcblk0p5), and m9kefs3 (mmcblk0p6) will be mounted as RO at the system boot (these partitions contain your IMEI).

The m9kefs1 follows directly after the efs, so normally there won't happen anything, but if you're flashing for example an efs backup over the boarder (maybe a to big corrupt file), you would harm m9kefs1.

So if these 3 partitions and the modem are ok, your device should be able to boot up the baseband correctly.

If one of these partitions is damaged, it's not hard to repair them with z3x or other tools.

I've seen the IMEI problem many times on LTE devices (of all exynos4), sometimes was also the eMMC faulty, these devices lost their IMEI more than once without flashing.
(Also the BPU sometimes could be faulty, but I think this will be a software issue in your case)

contactorr

Jul 17, 2009
Ankara
Samsung Galaxy S8
If one of these partitions is damaged, it's not hard to repair them with z3x or other tools.

I've seen the IMEI problem many times on LTE devices (of all exynos4), sometimes was also the eMMC faulty, these devices lost their IMEI more than once without flashing.
(Also the BPU sometimes could be faulty, but I think this will be a software issue in your case)
I agree. All exynos 4 devices have emmc problems. Probably the efs partition is corrupted. Maybe z3x,chimera,octopus can fix it or the device will be bricked.

souzafl

Aug 20, 2012
I'm not sure, I have to check the drivers first.

ok...if it is possible to generate a new kernel with this OTG+Charge function, I will be very grateful and will test it on my gt-N5100 for sure. Just for the record, I intend to use a usb oscilloscope together with a tablet, and for this need the OTG+Charge function is necessary.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Update 12.12.2021;
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources (security patch level 05.11.2021)
  • Fixed tethering
  • Replaced mouse cursor with stylus icon -> use mouse cursor for pen now, improves the icon position
  • Made NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Updated OpenCamera and Via browser
  • N5120: some RIL fixes

Last edited:

djdxbr

Oct 2, 2010
Update 10.12.2021;
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources (security patch level 05.11.2021)
  • Fixed tethering
  • Replaced mouse cursor with stylus icon -> use mouse cursor for pen now, improves the icon position
  • Made NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Updated OpenCamera and Via browser
  • N5120: some RIL fixes
Hello. After updating to this version bluetooth is broken on n5110.
Tablet don't see any device and other devices can't see tablet.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Hello. After updating to this version bluetooth is broken on n5110.
Tablet don't see any device and other devices can't see tablet.
Thx for your report, maybe the sync destroyed something related to bluetooth, I will check this and fix it asap.

EDIT: found the problem, I will push an OTA!

Last edited:

grami_fr

Dec 23, 2021
Hello,

@html6405 : Great works! This rom is just fantastic. I feel like I have a latest model tablet. For me it works fine without the Gapps. But if I put the Gapps, at startup, after connect to wifi, it loops on the "checking Update" (Google i suppose). And unable to connect to the Google service. I flashed again, reset several times, change the gapps, always the same. I can't figure out where it might come from. Root problem? And other Info, me too i had lost the IMEI, but it doesn't matter to me, I don't use a Sim at all ...Gapps problem is more important for me. Any idea what I could try to resolve the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 09.01.2022:
    • Reverted all decoder modifications from the last 3 updates
    • Fixed SIM PIN unlock bug for n5100
    Hopefully this can be the final version.
    2 latest uploads didn't work but the 3rd latest did ☺️
    I want to kindly ask if you are planning to fix it or should I move on to Lineage 18.1 ROM instead?
    I don't plan to do much more on this ROM, it's time to move on for myself.
    Thx for your report, I will fix this today and will upload a new ROM.
    Confirmation for downloading from lineage-16.0-20211210-HTML6405-n5110m lineage-16.0-20211223-HTML6405-n5110 and lineage-16.0-20211224-HTML6405-n5110 from mirrors Poland and DE1; each one in about 1 minute and 4,1 MB/s.

lineage-16.0-20211212-HTML6405-n5110 still 'no mirrors'. No problem, just for rhe record.

Thanks for your efforts!
    I do have a question. I noticed that all the pen features are missing. Is there anything I can do to get these back or even add them? Cause right now the pen is useless. Though it does work function like your finger, everything else and it's button does nothing.
    Just curious.
    There are pen gestures available, check the gesture settings.
    The button is used for these gestures, and double click acts like the back button.

If you wan't functions like they were present with the stock ROM, you could buy an App like S-Pen command for example.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2022-01-09
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Update 09.01.2022:
    • Reverted all decoder modifications from the last 3 updates
    • Fixed SIM PIN unlock bug for n5100
    Hopefully this can be the final version.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Update 10.08.2021:
    • Fixed some more selinux denials
    • Security bulletin 05.08.2021