LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 STABLE FINAL

Search This thread

dovshan

Sep 9, 2014
screen1.jpg

Hi,
In System settings > Gestures >Touchscreen gestures in the list of Gesture action there is a "Toggle the flashlight"
as you know GT-N51XX Tablets don't have flash light.
It can remove from list or replace with Screenshot that is very useful.
Thanks.

psychlist

Jun 30, 2013
Can I install this ROM from Jellybean firmware, or do I need to upgrade to Kitkat before installing the ROM? Apologies if (a) the info is already in the thread (I have looked and couldn't see it, but after a few pages I was going cross-eyed) and (b) if this post appears in the wrong place - I'm not sure I remember how to post (not been around for a while).

Giowi

Jul 27, 2014
N5120 with android 4.4.2 original
Wipe Cache and Data
Flash TWRP and your rom
Lost my IMEI
TY
:mad:

html6405

Recognized Developer
as you know GT-N51XX Tablets don't have flash light.
It can remove from list or replace with Screenshot that is very useful.
But other devices I'm building for are having a flashlight. But a screenshot gesture would be very useful, maybe I'm doing this sometime.
Can I install this ROM from Jellybean firmware, or do I need to upgrade to Kitkat before installing the ROM
I would recommend to update at least the bootloader and modem to the most recent version.
N5120 with android 4.4.2 original
Wipe Cache and Data
Flash TWRP and your rom
Lost my IMEI
TY
:mad:
Hmm ok, theoretically should the ROM be compatible with every 4.4.2 modem, is the baseband unknown in the settings?
If you're flashing back to stock, is the IMEI back again?

Reactions: dovshan

Giowi

Jul 27, 2014
Hmm ok, theoretically should the ROM be compatible with every 4.4.2 modem, is the baseband unknown in the settings?
If you're flashing back to stock, is the IMEI back again?
@html6405 I have baseband. Imei is unknown. I flashed back to stock but imei is 0. I can use sim card, I have 4g but I cannot use the tablet to make phone calls.

html6405

Recognized Developer
@html6405 I have baseband. Imei is unknown. I flashed back to stock but imei is 0. I can use sim card, I have 4g but I cannot use the tablet to make phone calls.
Hmm ok, this means that the modem boots up fine, maybe one of the 3 m9kefs* partitions is damaged,
do you have any backup?
BTW, the ROM doesn't touch these partitions in any way, they just get read when the modem boots up.

Sometimes people overwrite them with dd or format the wrong partitions, there were also eMMC problems which leaded to IMEI loss in the past.

You could recreate your IMEI with z3x software for example, but this isn't legal in every country...

Giowi

Jul 27, 2014
Hmm ok, this means that the modem boots up fine, maybe one of the 3 m9kefs* partitions is damaged,
do you have any backup?
BTW, the ROM doesn't touch these partitions in any way, they just get read when the modem boots up.

Sometimes people overwrite them with dd or format the wrong partitions, there were also eMMC problems which leaded to IMEI loss in the past.

You could recreate your IMEI with z3x software for example, but this isn't legal in every country
@html6405 I have efs,m9kefs backups. I did them with wanam backup app. I tried to restore them but nothing to do. I have a backup of efs folder but it failed.
I tried with z3x but nothing to do. It seems that your rom has completely irreparably damaged my tablet. I knew what I was getting into.never mind

Amiro_

Oct 27, 2021
@html6405
In N5100
Clean wipe
Flash latest version of rom and Gapps
after boot up and start error android setup has stopped

i try latest version rom and old version Gapps and it solved..

But now i couldn't access to internal storage(can't add new folder or download with browser ) but can install app from playstore..

Anyway to fix it ?

Sorry for my bad English.

20211027_225506.jpg20211027_225421.jpg20211027_222038.jpg20211027_222023.jpg

I try to install chrome and Samsung internet browser but i couldn't.

Last edited:

Giowi

Jul 27, 2014
I don't think that this happened, I could repair your device if you would send it to me, doing these things as a professional.
@html6405
Where should I ship it? Can you give me directions on how to fix imei? I have a backup made with "wanam partition backup", imei backup with twrp and a copy of the efs folder. All this before flashing your rom.

dovshan

Sep 9, 2014
IMG_20211031_003328_728.jpg

Hi..
I use Hotspot and only one laptop is connected to tablet(n5100)
I Don't know why it's showing 35 Devices connected!
Is this a Bug?!

html6405

Recognized Developer

Lekkris

Sep 27, 2014
Hello
I haven't been to xda for a long time.
Samsung n5100 install lineage16 quite good

Watch YouTube connect bluetooth speaker ok

but app zoom cloud meetings connect bluetooth speaker no sound
Will there be a solution?

souzafl

Aug 20, 2012
friends, I am not able to use the otg cable and charge the tablet at the same time (type Y cable). is there any setting or kernel to enable this function?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n5120 on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe more
    TWRP
    N5100 Rom
    N5110 Rom
    N5120 Rom

If you're having problems with decoding some videos (blurried),
    this is mostly because the avc hardware decoder gets configured wrongly.

You can disable it with my magisk module:
    avc_decoder_disabler.zip
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access boeffla sound and other configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-02-09
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    but I hope this gets fixed.
    I won't promise this, because it's really much work to write down all rules and test everything,
    but we will see.

Like on my other android 9 roms the people wanted as fast as possible android 11, so it also depends on what all people want to have.
    - The ROM is signed with userdebug keys. This severely reduces security as well, allowing anyone to replace (update) system apps.
    We only can sign it as user build, when we have all selinux rules written, so it depends on point one ;).
    - Encryption did not work for me. The logcat says something along the lines "no space for crypto footer". This is a known problem and I am unsure if the ROM developer can do something about it. Would be nice if it " just works"
    Yes this could be, but I know how to fix this, made this already for the Note 10.1 devices working.
    - I dislike the inclusion of several non-lineage apps in the system. The inclusion of Magisk Manager is not useful, as you still have to flash the install zip, which will install Magisk Manager already. I distrust this "Via" web browser and see it as redundant, as the Lineage browser is included as well
    Magisk Manger is included, because we need Magisk root to pass the safetynet check, it's more as a pointer to show the people how to root.
    (There were hundred questions how to root on my other roms, they dont read the initial post...)

If we will have selinux enforcing once, I will remove it.

Via is included because of many complaints of the surfing speed with the jelly browser, maybe I will remove it, I will think about it.

OpenCamera is included because the gCam (lineage camera) is crashing sometimes, there are still problems with the camera hal, had to overwork it completely to even get the main camera working.
    While no deal braker, I would focus on this phenomenon as well.
    Hmm ok, we could play around with the cpu govenour, but this will influence the battery time as well, but at first I have to fix many other problems.
    Lineage 18.0 / Android 11 ETA wen?
    Haha I know that very soon many people will ask.
    You all will make the choice if i should concentrate on security things or bring android 11 up,
    I exactly know how it runs because I've brought it already to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices ;) (same chipset...).
    The firmware makes real fun, but believe me, LOS16.0 runs much more smooth.
    Anyway, I will bring it up sooner or later, for me is more important to provide you a stable LOS16.0.
    Update 09.01.2022:
    • Reverted all decoder modifications from the last 3 updates
    • Fixed SIM PIN unlock bug for n5100
    Hopefully this can be the final version.
    Thousand thanks to @cngbrick, he donated a n5100 to facilitate my development on the 3G version! :love:
    Update 10.08.2021:
    • Fixed some more selinux denials
    • Security bulletin 05.08.2021