LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N8000 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 FINAL VERSION EOL

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
I'm not sure I know how to check that for sure. Any options, tips?
You could use CPY-Spy reloaded for this.
+ 1 question. Is there any way to disable SDCard error checking after turning on the device? On 11-13 Android your ports don't have it.
I don't see any way to do this yet.
UPD: The device cannot wake up after a long screen lock with the new kernel. Just a black display with a glowing backlight. Too bad :(
This this happen without charging or while charging the device?
That's the screen lighnting bug we had since LOS18,
it seemed to be eleminated, but as it looks like it's back.
Hi, I am facing a problem with Privacy Guard. I got the SkyGo app that can download recorded shows on the tablet, but fails immediately, complaining about an error in PG (can't access personal data) . I have encountered this error before with VLC, and was able to fix it granting permission to read personal files, but totally forgot how I do it. All permission are sets to grant in settings, but it seems there was something else to do...
I'm sorry but IDK, SkyGo has in common problems with Custom ROM's,
there were many tricks years ago which worked, but idk if any workaround will work nowadays.
now that it boots, can we make the kernel work fully on lineageos 16? I am ready to test on n8010
I won't do own builds for LOS16.1, but I guess my future builds will also work for this ROM.

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
This this happen without charging or while charging the device?
It is difficult to say of any pattern. I can try to take down the logs.
From what I've seen:
1. If you reboot the device and lock it while checking the SD card, 90% of it dies - hanging black screen with the backlight on.
2. sometimes, with heavy loads you can get the same effect as in point 1.
3. the normal locking of the device works (usually). Sleep has not checked.
The presence or absence of charging had no effect on the outcome.
That's the screen lighnting bug we had since LOS18,
it seemed to be eleminated, but as it looks like it's back.
I apologize that I am not describing in the LOS18-20 profile topic, but since I mentioned it:
On LOS19 saw this effect, now I understand what you were talking about all this time. White light, halo near the frame of the screen. There was a new core.
In LOS16 with the new core, I have not seen this.

Last edited:
Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
so you mean that the next version of the kernel will work on LOS 16?

all is working (including deep sleep) except headphone jack
As it sounds it's already working except the audio jack as it's the same on LOS 18,19 and 20.
I guess the screen lighnting bug started to exist since re-programming all display drivers from wake locks to wake up source and from early suspend to fb_notifier.

It's crashing anywhere when trying to suspend what I know, but it's that hard to reproduce and to debug.
Once if it's solved, it should be solved for all ROM's if you're using the 3.4 kernel.

But I'm not sure if it's the exact issue what @SteelK describes.

Reactions: w_tapper

w_tapper

I'm not sure I know how to check that for sure. Any options, tips?

+ 1 question. Is there any way to disable SDCard error checking after turning on the device? On 11-13 Android your ports don't have it.

UPD: The device cannot wake up after a long screen lock with the new kernel. Just a black display with a glowing backlight. Too bad :(
my 8010 seems to be ok after 8+ hours of sleep

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
But I'm not sure if it's the exact issue what @SteelK describes.
LOS16, new kernel 3.4
Magisk 24.1 (24100), Zygisk: NO
SD Card: exFAT 64Gb, checked for errors, in working condition.

n8000_boot.log
Tablet connected to laptop in charging mode + USB Debug ADB.
- Rebooted the tablet. After checking SD card for 3 mins, screen turned black with backlight on, but logs were still on.
- After 3 or 5 minutes the screen turned back on, the SD test started again, but it wouldn't let me access the main screen, it said "Tablet is starting...". After that the screen went back to black with the backlight on.
- Cyclic repetition of the previous item.

Attachments

• n8000_boot.log
    3.9 MB · Views: 8

w_tapper

LOS16, new kernel 3.4
Magisk 24.1 (24100), Zygisk: NO
SD Card: exFAT 64Gb, checked for errors, in working condition.

n8000_boot.log
Tablet connected to laptop in charging mode + USB Debug ADB.
- Rebooted the tablet. After checking SD card for 3 mins, screen turned black with backlight on, but logs were still on.
- After 3 or 5 minutes the screen turned back on, the SD test started again, but it wouldn't let me access the main screen, it said "Tablet is starting...". After that the screen went back to black with the backlight on.
- Cyclic repetition of the previous item.
I think this is an n8000 issue bc I don't have it on my 8010

hi. I just started to use the Note Pie last week. NON-ROOTED and kind of dirty install due to pico gapps installing after the android setup (after reboot).

Just found out every new App from GStore gets PERMISSIONS (like read/write storage) only AFTER A REBOOT everytime at first use. Is this intended due to SELinux Trust handler or might it be my own fault?

This issue is just wasting battery and time, while everything else works fine afterwards, but does a SELinux switch change that behaviour or is there another workaround to give permissions instantly (by the check dialog)?

by the way: what is the changes in the 2022-04 boot.img? whats the purpose to flash it over your latest rom (exept overclocking cpu)?

Last edited:

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
by the way: what is the changes in the 2022-04 boot.img? whats the purpose to flash it over your latest rom (exept overclocked cpu)?

If you mean this kernel:
Update 20.04.2022:
  • Re-Implemented boeffla sound and uploaded new boot images, just download and flash them directly in TWRP (Install->Install Image->boot.img->Boot->Swipe to confirm Flash)
  • N8000 & N8005
  • N8010 & N8013
  • N8020
  • Here you can download my app to customize boeffla audio and more: Exynos4 Kernel Manager (root needed)
Besides the possibility to overclock (it is not enabled by default, it is set to 1600Mhz), there are settings to improve the sound and change the voltage settings for charging.

If you mean this kernel:

Besides the possibility to overclock (it is not enabled by default, it is set to 1600Mhz), there are settings to improve the sound and change the voltage settings for charging.
thanks for digging out the post! yes i guess thats it. furthermore... is there a short manual on requiremental steps in recovery for flashing boot.img correctly?

plus, is that storage permission delay for new apps a normal behaviour with other LOS users or is it just me?

Last edited:

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
thanks for digging out the post! yes i guess thats it. furthermore... is there a short manual on requiremental steps in recovery for flashing boot.img correctly?
I think the kernel I mentioned can simply be installed from TWRP by pulling it from the firmware or installing it from here (html6405 file storage). Judging by the date of download, this is it.
If you have the latest version of LOS16, it's strange that you don't have it installed yet. Check it with the app from the first post.

plus, is that storage permission delay for new apps a normal behaviour with other LOS users or is it just me?
About that - I haven't come across it. I don't even really know what you mean. The only problem of a similar nature for me is that, for example, the VLC player can't access any storage. I just put up with it and am waiting for a stable LOS18-20 release.

no real manual, just fully wipe and then flash rom and then Gapps
Don't confuse the man, this will do for a full reflash. The core does not require such a radical approach :D.
Although, I could be wrong -_-.

w_tapper

I think the kernel I mentioned can simply be installed from TWRP by pulling it from the firmware or installing it from here (html6405 file storage). Judging by the date of download, this is it.
If you have the latest version of LOS16, it's strange that you don't have it installed yet. Check it with the app from the first post.

About that - I haven't come across it. I don't even really know what you mean. The only problem of a similar nature for me is that, for example, the VLC player can't access any storage. I just put up with it and am waiting for a stable LOS18-20 release.

Don't confuse the man, this will do for a full reflash. The core does not require such a radical approach :D.
Although, I could be wrong -_-.
oh sorry

Reactions: SteelK
Welp this device (N8013) is basically almost useless for me now, as I got an iPad.

Looks like newer version of Android have serious issues, but this ROM (build from 2022-01-09) is also slower than molasses in December. PegasusQ + ZRAM makes for an awful experience. It literally takes like a whole 5 minutes for some apps to open after clicking them. Then there’s some storage issues.

Hopefully the new kernel can fix some of these issues.

• Angry

w_tapper

Welp this device (N8013) is basically almost useless for me now, as I got an iPad.

Looks like newer version of Android have serious issues, but this ROM (build from 2022-01-09) is also slower than molasses in December. PegasusQ + ZRAM makes for an awful experience. It literally takes like a whole 5 minutes for some apps to open after clicking them. Then there’s some storage issues.

Hopefully the new kernel can fix some of these issues.
this device is over 10 years old, it is impossible to make it work as well as you want

• Angry
Reactions: FanboyStudios
this device is over 10 years old, it is impossible to make it work as well as you want
Impossible? No.

It has worked better. Might have to make another boot image using the April 2022 boot.img to remove PegasusQ default and ZRAM.

The problem with PegagsusQ is that it prioritizes battery over performance. Combine that with ZRAM which relies on the CPU to compress RAM contents, and you get more thrashing when running apps.

If the new kernel would add support for the Interactive governor, perhaps we could get better performance while still saving battery. Interactive scales up and down faster than Ondemand which makes it more fluid. An even better governor would be Lionfish, it’s what I use on my Moto E LTE 2nd Gen… and it gets great performance and battery life (even better without GPlay Services, it can last for days).

Last edited:
what version of lineage?
The Lineage version does not matter as much as the config.

I’ve used CyanogenMod 13 (Marshmallow), Lineage OS 14.1 (Nougat) - up to Android 10.

What kernel and scheduler you use, the version of GApps (if any - when it comes to GApps I always use OpenGapps Pico), and how everything is configured typically makes more of a difference.

Currently though I have Lineage OS 14.1 (with CMTE ported over) on my Moto E LTE. I have the same Lineage OS version also on my higher spec Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport… but the Moto E LTE is faster as it has a better custom overclocked kernel, no GApps, and is tuned to get better performance (overclocked CPU and GPU, Lionfish governor, Deadline scheduler, adaptive LMK, etc.).
The S5 Sport basically has no custom kernels, so I have to use the built-in one. It runs slower.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, you deserve it.

I'm working nearly every day to improve our N80xx devices and here you get a already stable version.

Here you can see what's working / not working:

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
    Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Sensors
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL N8000, N8020
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture in full resolution, you could simply reopen the app and retry, or you lower the resolution.
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

If you're having problems with decoding some videos (blurried),
    this is mostly because the avc hardware decoder gets configured wrongly.

You can disable it with my magisk module:
    avc_decoder_disabler.zip

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

If you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.

Wanna improve your sound configs?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla sound configurations.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Release Date: 2020-12-15

Created 2020-10-26
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    Update 07.12.2020:
    • included 60Hz camera parameter
    • fixed screen cast
    • partly reverted Nov. 24th update, hope that the charging bug is gone now
    • improved auto brightness
    • included GPS fix improvement suggestion in initial post
    Update 15.12.2020:
    • programmed button in language and input settings to enable / disable pointer icon.
      (like we had it in previous lineage versions)
    • replaced icon with original smaller one from stock rom
    Only via OTA.
    Hey, I just installed this to n8005 and you saved me from buying a new tablet. It works beyond my expectations. This is 8+ years old device after all. You are also helping environment too. Companies should do what you are doing instead of removing chargers to protect the environment. You seriously deserve donation. Have a nice day
    I'm sorry people,
    because I've created a new domain wifi related,
    it made some existing rules uneffective.

I'm working hard to run selinux without any neverallow rules (I'm nearly there) to provide the best security.

To get wifi working again, type with your PC or terminal emulator:

adb shell (only with PC)
    su
    setenforce 0

and wifi will work again, there will be another update today with the new fixes.