LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N8000 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 FINAL VERSION EOL

Search This thread

wortz725

Feb 7, 2021
Hi. When I connect a USB stick with OTG, I get the error "Ejecting USB drive" continuously. OTG is working fine when on recovery mode.

acxewd

Aug 26, 2013
Hey, I just installed this to n8005 and you saved me from buying a new tablet. It works beyond my expectations. This is 8+ years old device after all. You are also helping environment too. Companies should do what you are doing instead of removing chargers to protect the environment. You seriously deserve donation. Have a nice day

html6405

Recognized Developer
Previously, the Lineage 14.1 version was installed and the Bluetooth worked fine, now you have to use a regular headset with a jack connector when making calls.
Ok I will check on this.
Hi. When I connect a USB stick with OTG, I get the error "Ejecting USB drive" continuously. OTG is working fine when on recovery mode.
Hmm really? Strange OTG is working fine in my case, which filesystem did you try?

html6405

Recognized Developer
I need some Kernel testers, I was working on l2_hsic wake lock (affect n8000)
and wlan_rx_wake wakelock (affect all of them).

These 2 are the most dominant wake locks and are draining our battery, I will upload for each device a Kernel and hope that you also can test it till tomorrow.

N8000:
N8010:
N8020:
  • At first, flash the kernel via TWRP (boot.img)
  • Boot into system and do: adb shell dumpsys batterystats --reset
  • Test it till tomorrow
  • Create me a log with:
adb shell
bugreport > /sdcard/bugreport.zip

I will analyze them, the more reports we have, the more I will be able to optimize our Kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Okcu and beratoryum

wortz725

Feb 7, 2021
Hmm really? Strange OTG is working fine in my case, which filesystem did you try?

I tried exfat, fat32, ntfs on three different sticks (with two different OTG adapters). I also tried connecting a mouse receiver and a dslr. OTG is disconnecting and connecting continuously. Samsung keyboard dock works without any problem.

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
Hello! I thank the author for the work done, it is truly tremendous!

It's a pity, but many from the Russian segment of the site 4pda (including me) encountered a non-working GPS. The tablet cannot find any satellite.

Updating AGPS and optimizing gps.conf doesn't help.

Latest version LOS16.

html6405

Recognized Developer
It's a pity, but many from the Russian segment of the site 4pda (including me) encountered a non-working GPS. The tablet cannot find any satellite.
Really absolutely no satellite's?
In my case it has also a 3D fix, but the GPS shim is not perfect, it would need to programm it much more out.
The best thing would be if Samsung would provide there source for the deamon / hal, what they won't do.

With which device are you facing this problem?
A logcat would maybe point to the root cause.

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
N8000
Restart the device. Turned off WiFi and network. Open GPS Test app.

Attachments

• gpslog.log
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

sashasim

Mar 6, 2021
Я подтверждаю, что gps-навигация не работает. Спутники быстро ловят, но через минуту они отваливаются и уже не находят их. Сброс настроек в программе тестирования gps помогает снова найти спутники, но через минуту он снова проигрывает. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 устройство LineageOS 16 прошивка для N8000. Мне очень нужна навигация в этом устройстве

Translation: I confirm that gps navigation is not working. Satellites quickly catch, but after a minute they fall off and no longer find them. Resetting in gps test program helps find satellites again, but after a minute it loses again. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device LineageOS 16 firmware for N8000. I really need navigation in this device

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: beratoryum

beratoryum

Dec 29, 2020
[QUOTE = "sashasim, gönderi: 84608273, üye: 11484517"]
, что gps-overвигация
[/ALINTI]
You must speak English. If you do not know English, you should speak with help from google translate. I do not know English either, but I can write in English thanks to google translate.

Reactions: html6405

sashasim

Mar 6, 2021
I confirm that gps navigation does not work. Satellites quickly catch, but after a minute they fall off and no longer find them. Resetting in the gps test program helps to find satellites again, but after a minute it loses again. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device LineageOS 16 firmware for N8000. I really need navigation in this device .. the wrong text was first copied from google translator

Last edited:
Reactions: beratoryum

Curioususer1

Nov 13, 2019
Update 26.02.2021:
  • Implemented outdoor mode in Kernel and system interface. ( to enable it: settings -> display-> livedisplay)
  • Security patch level 05.02.2021
  • Battery usage statistic's should be improved (since today, not much tested)
  • Battery should last longer through some tweaks.
  • Included aptx support (but untested)
N8020:
  • finally fixed 3G data connection
You will receive this update via OTA and I will upload it to AFH later.

Also after this update, I could take screenshot via power menu button. There is no longer 'Couldn't save screenshot. Taking screenshots isn't allowed by the app or your organization.' error. Thanks also for that.

And I couldn't download new kernel for N8000, the link is broken.

html6405

Recognized Developer
I confirm that gps navigation does not work. Satellites quickly catch, but after a minute they fall off and no longer find them.
Thanks, I think I have to overwork the shim, I will try to improve this, but can't promise anything.
There is no longer 'Couldn't save screenshot
I did nothing related to this, but good if it's working now :D.
And I couldn't download new kernel for N8000, the link is broken.
Sorry, I've overtook this kernel in the last update,
so I decided to remove it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, you deserve it.

I'm working nearly every day to improve our N80xx devices and here you get a already stable version.

Here you can see what's working / not working:

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
    Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Sensors
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL N8000, N8020
    GPS, not sure if completely
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture in full resolution, you could simply reopen the app and retry, or you lower the resolution.
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

If you're having problems with decoding some videos (blurried),
    this is mostly because the avc hardware decoder gets configured wrongly.

You can disable it with my magisk module:
    avc_decoder_disabler.zip

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

If you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.

Wanna improve your sound configs?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla sound configurations.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Release Date: 2020-12-15

Created 2020-10-26
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    Update 07.12.2020:
    • included 60Hz camera parameter
    • fixed screen cast
    • partly reverted Nov. 24th update, hope that the charging bug is gone now
    • improved auto brightness
    • included GPS fix improvement suggestion in initial post
    Update 15.12.2020:
    • programmed button in language and input settings to enable / disable pointer icon.
      (like we had it in previous lineage versions)
    • replaced icon with original smaller one from stock rom
    Only via OTA.
    Hey, I just installed this to n8005 and you saved me from buying a new tablet. It works beyond my expectations. This is 8+ years old device after all. You are also helping environment too. Companies should do what you are doing instead of removing chargers to protect the environment. You seriously deserve donation. Have a nice day
    I'm sorry people,
    because I've created a new domain wifi related,
    it made some existing rules uneffective.

I'm working hard to run selinux without any neverallow rules (I'm nearly there) to provide the best security.

To get wifi working again, type with your PC or terminal emulator:

adb shell (only with PC)
    su
    setenforce 0

and wifi will work again, there will be another update today with the new fixes.