LineageOS 16.0 Android 9 for GT-N8000 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 FINAL VERSION

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Hi chief, yes it was working on the stock rom before & only encountered problems after installing the LineageOS rom... I tried installing all 3 versions (14,16,18) but looks like no success with the Wifi connectivity. It would just say connecting & then an "x" would show up beside the wifi connection
Ok maybe your device is a special revision which needs a custom wifi firmware:
Semcosh and Murata should work out of the box.

It may help if you could create me a logfile.
Lets do this via PM.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Well there still is the huge battery usage issue when just left idle. but it only happens if you have Wi-Fi on, if it isn't it acts like normal and can hold the charge for over a week however when Wi-Fi is on it drains itself to empty in about a day and it's just idle.
BTW, battery usage on my n8010 with enabled WiFi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-152058_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220110-152058_Settings.png
    28 KB · Views: 128

Charly_Maths

Jan 22, 2017
Rosario
Hello. Allways a great work!!!
I have two problems:
1- I can't connect the tablet to the computer whit the USB cable.
2- I can't connect the Wi-Fi to a 5GHz frecuency.
Any solution?

RETIEF

Sep 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Moto G 5G
On this tablet, which cable you use is important. The OEM cable works. Other cables frequently charge, but not connect to the computer. Also my Windows 11 machine doesn't see any android devices.
I had 5gHz issues until the last two updates. For me, everything is working fine now.
I would check your cable and make sure you are on the January 2022 rom.

KappaTheCapper

May 2, 2020
On this tablet, which cable you use is important. The OEM cable works. Other cables frequently charge, but not connect to the computer. Also my Windows 11 machine doesn't see any android devices.
I had 5gHz issues until the last two updates. For me, everything is working fine now.
I would check your cable and make sure you are on the January 2022 rom.
If the OEM cable works and the others don't it's self explanatory that the other ones you have are broken. I use fake ones and they work fine, I can exchange files with it as well as the OEM one that I have.

As for windows 11, it's a mess. Driver support with windows 11 isn't the best nor is it better than windows 10. So it's not surprising it can't find the device.
You most likely need to find the USB driver from Samsungs website and then try to install it. Though I am not sure whether it will work

Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Reactions: Charly_Maths

spider_jim

Jan 2, 2021
Hi html6405

Thanks for all your work on this. I've got a lot more use out of my 8010 thanks to you.

I've had an issue with my 8010 device where it was suddenly stuck in the boot loop one day. I restarted it into TWRP and tried to wipe and reflash everything, which didn't work.

After several goes, I tried the "format data" (which had worked on a previous error) and noticed it kept saying error messages along the lines of "/data is read only".

When I first booted it into TWRP the first thing the terminal says is

"E: Could not create /cache/recovery"

A cursory check suggests this might be a sammy hardware issue.

Have you come across this/similar before?

spider_jim

Jan 2, 2021
I'm sorry but this could be a eMMC hardware issue, did you try to reflash the stock ROM?
It could be, that your eMMC switched to a read only state, which it does as a EOL behaviour.
Thanks - pretty much confirms what I thought. I can't copy anything onto the device to flash either, so does sound like an EOL issue. Hey ho.

DtxMx

Jan 27, 2022
Hello html6405

First, thanks for all your hard work.

Second, I'm having the same problem as Charly_Maths, which can't connect to the tablet via the USB cable. I am using the original Samsung one. It shows up in Windows file explorer but have no access to either the internal or SD storage.

When I try to copy some files, It shows an error message "Either the device is not working o has been disconnected."

Your help is always appreciated.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I installed the lastest build (lineage-16.0-20220109).

Edit 2: so dumb hehe its easy to fix. In Android go to USB settings, by default its set to no data transfer, just change to enable data transferer, hope it works.

Best Regards.
DtxMx

Last edited:
Reactions: Charly_Maths
Hi html6405

Thanks for all your work on this. I've got a lot more use out of my 8010 thanks to you.

I've had an issue with my 8010 device where it was suddenly stuck in the boot loop one day. I restarted it into TWRP and tried to wipe and reflash everything, which didn't work.

After several goes, I tried the "format data" (which had worked on a previous error) and noticed it kept saying error messages along the lines of "/data is read only".

When I first booted it into TWRP the first thing the terminal says is

"E: Could not create /cache/recovery"

A cursory check suggests this might be a sammy hardware issue.

Have you come across this/similar before?
Hey Spider_jim,
i decided to flash this stable lineos version here. So i digged up my old GT-N8010 and there was an old lineage version installed. when i turned it on it said something like: Decryption failure please wipe your data.
so i rebooted to TWRP recovery and got the same failures: Could not mount /data... etc...

Anyway i did 2 factory resets. somewhere you could read also in red that you maybe have to reboot to mount the data partition again.
After these 2 factory resets i could start to my old lineage os.

From there on i took the install readme with Odin 3:10 and a newer twrp.

My experiences so far (1 hour testing)
It seems to be stable. i run it with pico Gapps.
it was in the beginning a bit slow, but then turn all animations off and activated everywhere using hardware accelerator (GPU) and now its blazing fast! incredible this old device running smooth with everything!

@html6405 Great Job! Thank you so much!

The N8010 will be now my travel body for the usa and serve me later as touch display for my home automation :)

stingbandel

Nov 23, 2005
Hey Spider_jim,
i decided to flash this stable lineos version here. So i digged up my old GT-N8010 and there was an old lineage version installed. when i turned it on it said something like: Decryption failure please wipe your data.
so i rebooted to TWRP recovery and got the same failures: Could not mount /data... etc...

Anyway i did 2 factory resets. somewhere you could read also in red that you maybe have to reboot to mount the data partition again.
After these 2 factory resets i could start to my old lineage os.

From there on i took the install readme with Odin 3:10 and a newer twrp.

My experiences so far (1 hour testing)
It seems to be stable. i run it with pico Gapps.
it was in the beginning a bit slow, but then turn all animations off and activated everywhere using hardware accelerator (GPU) and now its blazing fast! incredible this old device running smooth with everything!

@html6405 Great Job! Thank you so much!

The N8010 will be now my travel body for the usa and serve me later as touch display for my home automation :)
Could u explain to me how to use hardware accelerator (GPU)? Thanks

flyingalex72

Dec 27, 2021
hi there,
is there a special way to bring magisk back to life? Since v24.xx nothing seems to work anymore. Riru seems to be in trouble too, it says: "No framework installed"; Edxposed is not able to install...
Can someone confirm that? Is there possibly a solution?

LOS16 works like a charm on my GT-N8010, many thanks to html6405!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts