LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YTX703F / YTX703L)

Search This thread

janforman

Feb 24, 2016
Osek u Rokycan
janforman.com
Oh why do you want 16.1? Yes you may add D2TW and exFAT support using these patches.
You may use official LOS release with it - patch can be reverted of course.
But if you use repo sync (with official repos) it will rewrites all modification anyway (while you updating).

Hey @janforman,

First of all many thanks for keeping updating this branch until recently and for those patches.
I am still a bit new to building (building env set up and rolling), repos, git and such, so far all I can do on my own for now is sync and build.
I successfully built a LOS16 for YT-X703F few days ago, but now I would like try adding your patches. I have added your sources in the roomservice.xml file and synced but I hightly doubt this is enough to cherry pick a few patches/commits.
From my readings I think I understood I had to repopick number of the commits I wanted to add.
Is that right?
Also I am unsure, will this apply to all my LOS16 devices or just the YT-X703F?
Now let's say the day after I dont want the patch anymore (or I dont want it for the specific device I am about to build), can I disable them again? How so?
Sorry for my questions, any help would be much appreciated as I am still spinning in the learning curve ;)

Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: Muad.Dib

Muad.Dib

Oh why do you want 16.1? Yes you may add D2TW and exFAT support using these patches.
You may use official LOS release with it - patch can be reverted of course.
But if you use repo sync (with official repos) it will rewrites all modification anyway (while you updating).

Hey @janforman !

Many thanks for your reply.
Well I have my reasons for staying on P for now, main being, as long as it works fine for all things I use and I dont have any real reasons to move upward, I am staying there. As a second reason I also want to keep all my devices on the same OS and some are not likely to go next version.
But anyway I also take this as an opportunity to learn things and benefit from all the accumulated knowledge you guys have.
And since most of the dev moved to newer branches, I might be able to build and share mines for those like me who want to remain on P for now, whatever their reasons are.

So about the patches, indeed I had understood every times I would resync with the official LOS repos it would removes the patches. What I am still unsure about is how to apply them after I have synced, I dont care I have to reapply them every times I think. If I understood how things works correctly, and again, I am a bit new to this, forgive me if I make any mistakes, I think I have to repopick each of your patches one by one (unless they are part of a multiple patches package).

Also if I repopick your patches and then want to build for an other device, same LOS branches, will those patches be applied too? Can I disable them in that case scenario without having to repo sync again? Would you mind to elaborate a little for me? As I said sill learning here ;)
Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards!

janforman

Feb 24, 2016
Osek u Rokycan
janforman.com
Hey @janforman !

Many thanks for your reply.
Well I have my reasons for staying on P for now, main being, as long as it works fine for all things I use and I dont have any real reasons to move upward, I am staying there. As a second reason I also want to keep all my devices on the same OS and some are not likely to go next version.
But anyway I also take this as an opportunity to learn things and benefit from all the accumulated knowledge you guys have.
And since most of the dev moved to newer branches, I might be able to build and share mines for those like me who want to remain on P for now, whatever their reasons are.

So about the patches, indeed I had understood every times I would resync with the official LOS repos it would removes the patches. What I am still unsure about is how to apply them after I have synced, I dont care I have to reapply them every times I think. If I understood how things works correctly, and again, I am a bit new to this, forgive me if I make any mistakes, I think I have to repopick each of your patches one by one (unless they are part of a multiple patches package).

Also if I repopick your patches and then want to build for an other device, same LOS branches, will those patches be applied too? Can I disable them in that case scenario without having to repo sync again? Would you mind to elaborate a little for me? As I said sill learning here ;)
Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards!
Yes you may apply patches everytime you resync complete repository.
Patches are for kernel and device tree of Yoga tab3 so nothing else will be affected.

Mike-7

Jun 11, 2008
Thank you Quallenauge for the good job. LineageOS 18 runs great. I hope you still keep going with the great work.

But I have a question to everyone. Does anyone else have the problem with a touchscreen that is too sensitive / too responsive? Every time I touch the display too hesitant / too soft, a multiple click is performed. Especially noticeable / annoying with the keyboard or the back button. Clicking too gently leads to the same letter several times or to going back more than just one "page". Does anyone else have the problem and knows a solution?
I have the problem with Lineage OS 16, 17 & 18 but not with the stock ROM.
Thanks.

android_53

Feb 24, 2017
I have two Tablets one X703l and one y703f. I have no problems with the Touchscreen with any of the available lineage versions ( 16,17 or 18).
Edit: Just now im running 18 from Quallenauge. It works perfect.

Mike-7

Jun 11, 2008
I have now installed microG for the YTX703L. Same problem.
Are there any other ROMs I could test? So far only the SockROM works without touch problems.

I reuploaded the video. Now it plays on mobile devices too. ;)
Video Link

Muad.Dib

Can anybody send me a download link for this file, please:

lineage-16.0-20210213-nightly-YTX703F-signed.zip

I can't seem to find it on the internet anymore ...
That's the only one I managed to get before they took the device support down.
Sadly I got around a bit late since I had my hands on this device after they dropped it....

But unfortunately this built does not seem to be working at all. Attempting to install it result in a bootloop.
I tried to build from the sources only, it builds just fine (no error) however, same result, bootloop.

The only "most recent" version I could make work without any issue on the device was the UNOFFICIAL one released by @janforman on 2020.12.28.

Which official version (working) are you on yourself?

I can share you the file if you wish, but as I said, I honestly do not think it works, probably something was merged which has broken everything.

If you could I'd like to get the working built you are on.

Let me know if you want the file.

Regards,

Reactions: theelderstatesman
Sadly I got around a bit late since I had my hands on this device after they dropped it....

But unfortunately this built does not seem to be working at all. Attempting to install it result in a bootloop.
I tried to build from the sources only, it builds just fine (no error) however, same result, bootloop.

The only "most recent" version I could make work without any issue on the device was the UNOFFICIAL one released by @janforman on 2020.12.28.

I can share you the file if you wish, but as I said, I honestly do not think it works, probably something was merged which has broken everything.

Regards,
Thanks for your answer. The Build Number states the following:

lineage_YTX703F-userdebug 9 PQ3A.190801.002 bd019ee9d1

The latest file I have found on my USB stick is very old and it's this one:

lineage-16.0-20190913-nightly-YTX703F-signed.zip

I didn't search the device with Root Explorer trying to see if LOS kept the last update file, because I'm not rooted ...

Regards,
I went to the file manager of TWRP to look for the zip file. Does LOS keep or delete it? I would also need to know the path ...

Regards,
I googled it and I think I found the path, but the file isn't there anymore, so it has been deleted by the updater ...

Muad.Dib

Thanks for your answer. The Build Number states the following:

lineage_YTX703F-userdebug 9 PQ3A.190801.002 bd019ee9d1

The latest file I have found on my USB stick is very old and it's this one:

lineage-16.0-20190913-nightly-YTX703F-signed.zip

I didn't search the device with Root Explorer trying to see if LOS kept the last update file, because I'm not rooted ...
From what you typed here, the zip file you found on the USB is probably the one you currently have running on your device since it is marked as 2019.08.01. Actually it might even be more recent.

I'll take it (if you can share it of course) just for the sake of testing if that one works on my device.

The build I am on myself is 2020.12.28 from @janforman and you can find the link to his download folder few pages back if you want to switch to UNOFFICIAL release, much more recent that what you have running atm.
Beware you need to take extra steps (besides a full backup just in case) by using a script when moving from official to unofficial and vice & versa.

Besides when you flash/install using TWRP from like SD card, file stays where it was. Automatic system OTA updates however are an other story if that's what you meant.

I am planning to make builds for this device, once I have figured out how to make them work lol ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: theelderstatesman
From what you typed here, the zip file you found on the USB is probably the one you currently have running on your device since it is marked as 2019.08.01. Actually it might even be more recent.

I'll take it (if you can share it of course) just for the sake of testing if that one works on my device.

The build I am on myself is 2020.12.28 from @janforman and you can find the link to his download folder few pages back if you want to switch to UNOFFICIAL release, much more recent that what you have running atm.
Beware you need to take extra steps (besides a full backup just in case) by using a script when moving from official to unofficial and vice & versa.

Besides when you flash/install using TWRP from like SD card, file stays where it was. Automatic system OTA updates however are an other story if that's what you meant.

I am planning to make builds for this device, once I have figured out how to make them work lol ;)

Cheers!
I'll share it with you, no problem. I'm always glad to help. I'll put it on my GDrive and send you the link ...

Cheers!
Here it is:

Cheers!
Here are some more for you:

From: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?forums[]=581&topics[]=768717&act=search&source=pst&query=zip

lineage-16.0-20190908-nightly-YTX703F-signed.zip

From @Mike-7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2018-10-02: It is my pleasure to announce, together with @Quallenauge and @matshias, the availability of unofficial LineageOS 16 builds for the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus devices (YTX703F and YTX703L).

2019-03-12: And now official lineage-16.0 builds as well!

Issues
    • Audio over Wi-Fi Display is transmitted at the speed of sound, instead of speed of light :)
    • Flashing over anything else (official Lineage 15.1 etc) is not supported - data wipe is required. Working on 2 migration packages: unofficial <-> official and 15.1 <-> 16.0
    • Double tap to wake (dt2w) does not work too well over long term and I don't recommend enabling it - only added to build per user request

Official Instructions

Migrating from Unofficial 16.0 to Official 16.0

• Boot to TWRP
    • Install Lineage OTA zip
    • Install the provided migration-to-official.zip
    • Reboot from TWRP to system

Migrating from Official 15.1 to Official 16.0

• Boot to TWRP
    • Wipe system partition. This step is critical. User data is not lost when system partition is erased.
    • If you had OpenGapps in 15.1, then you must install new OpenGapps for ARM64 for Android 9.0. If you didn't have OpenGapps in 15.1, you must not install any Gapps package.

Migrating from Official 16.0 to Unofficial 16.0

• Boot to TWRP
    • Rename the provided migration-to-official.zip to migration-to-unofficial.zip
    • Install the renamed migration-to-unofficial.zip

Downloads

Changelog

• 2019-02-04: fixed camera and sensors not working while data partition is encrypted and startup pin is required
    • 2019-01-27: added built-in support for root, fixed Wi-Fi Display (WFD) video (but not audio yet), fixed USB MTP mode, updated GPS HAL and blobs from bq bardock, updated Netmgr QMI DPM (Data Port Mapper) blobs from xiaomi daisy, fixed SELinux labeling for userstore partition which should solve Wi-Fi MAC issues for all YTX703F users, restarting qmuxd when userdata is encrypted, which should fix LTE for YTX703L users with data encryption
    • 2018-12-09: fixed alarms not firing, wifi tethering crashing, temporarily added back support for software dt2w

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YTX703F / YTX703L), ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
    vladimiroltean, Quallenauge, matshias
    Source Code: https://github.com/Lenovo-YTX703-Devel/env/blob/master/scripts/picklist.sh

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: S000973_180524_ROW
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-10-03
    Last Updated 2019-03-12
    Hey everyone, check the top post! Official lineage-16.0 releases are now available!
    Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus LTE & Wi-Fi Getting Official LineageOS 18.1!

Good news as those devices are now officially supported again with LineageOS 18.1 as you can see in the wiki:

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus LTE (YTX703L) - 18.1 downloads

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus Wi-Fi (YTX703F) - 18.1 downloads

Nice to have these 2 tablets added to the official roster again after being dropped with LineageOS 16.0.

Thanks to the LineageOS volunteer maintainers @Quallenauge & Vladimir Oltean (@vladimiroltean). ↑ (ツ)
    Is there any chance for DT2W in this new Pie build?

These unofficial builds are only meant to exist until the Lineage 16 bringup is over and officials start shipping.
    There is a 5% chance that my initial estimation is wrong and the touch panel really supports wake gestures at the firmware level. Now that I got a hold of a Synaptics datasheet, I can take some time and read the relevant registers to figure out whether that is the case or not. If it does, I'm glad to add it back. But if it doesn't, I hope it's understandable that I don't want to waste my time again by putting in and testing a temporary feature.
    But by any means, do feel free to do that yourself if you want to, the community is not a single person or 2. Patches are here:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/0ec6b8ceb0090a9a71679ee5521777252d754275
    - https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/f42f856844049418beb322b5e5e6e606ebf4ba0a
    - Revert https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/faaebc3041b4cbaf2f5c6add5dfd8935bb411a42
    Build instructions:
    - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/YTX703F/build
    no sir, i really don´t know, you know it better.

the only thing is, that with official rom LOS then migth be a weekly update, perhaps also for security patches?

but this i don´t know. don´t worry, i am happy with this unofficial rom and it´s working fine for me, thanks again.

and perhaps to say: "now my old Lenovo got official and plays in the champions league...."(he,he)

Well, consider the fact that lineage-15.1 is official, hasn't received a patch in months and still gets nightly builds. So much for equating the frequency of builds with maintainership status.
    The way things work in this community, there's this OCD mentality that every feature needs to be there and work perfectly on day one, so things get delayed and delayed, and when finally released, guess what, there's nothing left to do, so you get daily updates that are null and void. Everything has a logical explanation, you know.
    But anyway, feel free to disregard my rant. You should know what's best for you.

Color me impressed, thanks. Is there a way to show my gratitude via Paypal or some other means? I'd like to send a few € your way....

To be fair, the fixes were fairly trivial, especially compared to some of the more technically challenging debugging we had to do over time which went largely unnoticed.
    The thing is we don't usually catch breakages like this because to work on the device we need to be able to log in and reboot remotely. Secure boot-up means that not even adb is up until you have physical access to enter the correct pin, so that's a no-go right there.
    Don't worry about Paypal, 'thanks' is just as good a token of appreciation and it's easier to share within the team than money would be.