LineageOS 16.0 for the Project Tango Tablet (ATAP)

Search This thread

drarbo1

Feb 4, 2019
Forgot to ask, I had seen where putting my tablet in “Dalvik” cleared up and issue wit google play continuously crashing, which it did. Would the installation of this rom be affected by being in Dalvik as opposed to ARM? Do I need to put it in ARM before upgrading? And does this new OS automatically update or would I need to install an updater app?
Thanks yet again

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Forgot to ask, I had seen where putting my tablet in “Dalvik” cleared up and issue wit google play continuously crashing, which it did. Would the installation of this rom be affected by being in Dalvik as opposed to ARM? Do I need to put it in ARM before upgrading? And does this new OS automatically update or would I need to install an updater app?
Thanks yet again
Nope - follow the firmware upgrade guide, then install guide. That simple.

Reactions: drarbo1

alefoi

May 26, 2019
I tried to enforce selinux by setenforce 1 --- it works but the touchscreen is not responding (it starts responding again once one issues setenforce 0 via adb). Is there any way to fix this?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I tried to enforce selinux by setenforce 1 --- it works but the touchscreen is not responding (it starts responding again once one issues setenforce 0 via adb). Is there any way to fix this?
Lol - it's permissive because sepolicy hasn't been written.

Of course it's not gonna work. Unless you wanna write sepolicy from scratch for this device? lol

drarbo1

Feb 4, 2019
I need to ask possibly a stupid question. Is there a list maintained on here, XDA, or another related site, of folks who could or would be willing and/or able to do these things for us less experienced for a fee? Sure would save me headaches. Different things I’d have done, rooting devices, different roms, etc.

eekcat

May 15, 2009
Can I get "persist.img and persistbk.img" ?
I foolishly ran "flash.bat" without checking the backup.
So my tango is brick.
Please help me.

muellerm30

I've just flashed the 09/08 OTA update and now will not boot the OS. Stuck on the Nvidia logo. I've reflashed the image in recovery and the recovery in fastboot. Wiped cache in recovery. Are there any recommendations to fix this without wiping?

xaxxelous

Jul 16, 2016
Sonora
LG V30
LG V40
Can I get "persist.img and persistbk.img" ?
I foolishly ran "flash.bat" without checking the backup.
So my tango is brick.
Please help me.

meh, here: https://download.ods.ninja/Android/lineage/yellowstone/

Tell me when you have it so I can remove it.
Will you let us know how that works for you? I'm about 99% sure I flashed one of my Tangos persist image to another Tango and it messed up the Wi-Fi.

I've just flashed the 09/08 OTA update and now will not boot the OS. Stuck on the Nvidia logo. I've reflashed the image in recovery and the recovery in fastboot. Wiped cache in recovery. Are there any recommendations to fix this without wiping?
You did this on a Google Project Tango tablet and not an Nvidia Shield, right?

xaxxelous

Jul 16, 2016
Sonora
LG V30
LG V40

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Not sure why that's under yellowstone since those look like Shield builds, but I think you're in the wrong thread. This is for the Project Tango, which is close to the Shield but different.

Maybe use these:
It isn't under it, # resets the path, someone made a janky URL for no reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, the November Version works again very well!!!

Regards
    Send from my freshly updated Project Tango Tablet
    I don't want to push, but.....
    I am running the July build until there is a new one..... tomorrow :))
    building right now, but Yellowstone is last in the list - so maybe 20 hours?
    may i ask two questions about the dec 16th build?
    1- charging by USB MICRO stops working after installing this update. what changed in the update?(weirdness part, if plugged into a QCS 3.0, starting from a cold boot, it charges for the short boot moment then stops just as the LINEAGE logo transitions to home screen. -- wont charge when off, and wont charge when on, only this short window from boot)
    2-under display , themes, the green color if selected, turns everything blue?
    I will look into this. The drivers for the charger and the external connector (dock charging component) were written for 3.4, and the driver is SUPER hacky. I had to port it to 3.10, but it really needs a clean rewrite to play nicely. The tablet has a pretty high power budget and often the MicroUSB port might not be able to provide enough amperage while the device is in use. The NVidia charging code is somewhat cryptic and it takes a while to reverse what is actually going on. There's some odd behavior with the interrupts handling switching between USB and the dock for charging. Inside the charging IC there is a switch to enable 12V input (charging via dock), and sometimes this can get into an inconsistent state. There's technically TWO batteries wired together as one battery that requires a higher voltage (~8V) than say your typical battery which is usually running at 3.7V.

Part of the problem is that in order to use 3.10 effectively (Secure Storage, some DRM stuff, etc...), we need ARM PSCI support (especially if we look beyond 3.10 in the future). TN8 (Shield Tablet) received this while Yellowstone was still stuck on Trusted Foundations TEE. There's a handful of binaries that use some of the newer TOS functionality as well.

I had to kang the TN8 early bootloader (nvtboot) in order to load the newer PSCI-compatible TOS (TrustZone image) according to the newer mechanism (Yellowstone OEM bootloader doesn't support this loading mechanism). One problem is that the TN8 early bootloader doesn't support the charging or battery ICs on the Yellowstone, so the chips come up from boot in an inconsistent state that needs to be cleaned up by the kernel.

I did come across a more recent TOS image that was released for Yellowstone that fixes some of the off-mode charging and standby/sleep charging, but it still doesn't address loading the PSCI TOS image correctly. I had to reverse engineer both bootloaders and do some patches to make it play nicely with the newer kernel as well. It may be possible to embed the TOS loading code into the Yellowstone early bootloader, but this is extremely tedious and time consuming and requires extensive testing.

I did start writing the PSCI code from scratch in assembley for their PSCI implementation so I could have u-boot replace the early stage bootloader, but it requires a significant amount of effort and intimate knowledge of the hardware. I simply don't have the time to do so.

I took a hiatus from programming about a year ago because I had spent about 18 months working on this device non-stop and other security research work and burned out. It wasn't fun for me anymore and I didn't have as much time. I will have a bit more time now and the will is returning so I am hoping to pick up where I left off.
    Many thanks, the November Version works again very well!!!

Regards
    Send from my freshly updated Project Tango Tablet
    And to answer the question - It's a hybrid of tn8's (Shield Tablet) nvboot and a heavily disassembled/reassembled applications bootloader to support the newer TLK/Secure World and PSCI kernel from tn8, allowing us to use kernel 3.10 from nv-tegra as opposed to 3.4 from Google. Much cleaner, must snappier, plus it lets us use Shield Tablet proprietary files for graphics, etc. which has an official Nougat release, which is way easier to work with than KitKat blobs from stock. We split out and use as many tn8 blobs as we can, and yellowstone stock where we need to.

It was designed almost entirely by @ryanbg -he's a legend, and one of the big reasons this device got anything more than cm-14.1 - I did most of the Android-side bringup (which was rough), but his work on kernel and firmware enabled it :)

I was looking into it seeing if maybe I could help. I had been looking at the tos.img alone thinking that was it. But wow man I probably would have never gotten to the bootloader like that. Thank you and @ryanbg for putting all the work in.
    I'm using this : https://updater.oddsolutions.us/yellowstone#/devices/shieldtablet/builds
    And this topic is in Shield Tablet.
    Is it a bug from the new XDA ?
    Project Tango has no forums of it's own, so we are using Shield Tablets as a home for now.

Additionally, the shiledtablet builds you linked are unsupported test builds - there will be no support provided for those.
    may i ask two questions about the dec 16th build?
    1- charging by USB MICRO stops working after installing this update. what changed in the update?(weirdness part, if plugged into a QCS 3.0, starting from a cold boot, it charges for the short boot moment then stops just as the LINEAGE logo transitions to home screen. -- wont charge when off, and wont charge when on, only this short window from boot)
    2-under display , themes, the green color if selected, turns everything blue?