LineageOS 16.0 - Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite [ENFORCING]

Search This thread

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Actually I use custom rom android 10 I can tell you bluetooth have no bug here ...

Pie custom rom in daisy use stock vendor xiaomi that why..

In android 10 custom , vendor is custom too so all bug xiaomi cant stay in android 10 ...

Since Bluetooth is horribly broken (constant micro-stutter, connection loss when using BT headphones), both on Android 9 and 10 on my Mi A2 Lite, I am currently considering to install a custom ROM, most likely something like LineageOS. Can someone here confirm that Bluetooth is working as expected with this ROM? Did LineageOS manage to circumvent the BT bug that Xiaomi apparently introduced with Android Pie?

saker2k8

Jul 11, 2013
HELP ME PLS !!!

I can't install lineage OS on my mi a2 lite. always error's.

bootloader - unlocked
twrp - installed

but not any further... always error like "error: E: recv error on uevent"

i dont have an external SD card only i copy to internal storage when i want to flash it from TWRP... and i dont understand these slots A and slot B... why is this so god damn important ?

please guide me step by step how i must do to install TWRP and install CUSTOM lineageOS 16 on my Mi a2 ite...

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
HELP ME PLS !!!

bootloader - unlocked
twrp - installed

but not any further... always error like "error: E: recv error on uevent"

i dont have an external SD card only i copy to internal storage when i want to flash it from TWRP... and i dont understand these slots A and slot B... why is this so god damn important ?

please guide me step by step how i must do to install TWRP and install CUSTOM lineageOS 16 on my Mi a2 ite...

Get inspiration from this tutorial. Regarding the slots, the idea is that you always flash the rom to the other slot. TWRP is flashed to both, custom kernel, magisk, etc., to the current slot. So after flashing a rom (plus TWRP) you change slots and boot either in TWRP for further work (custom kernel, magisk, etc.) or to system to use it.

peterl30

Dec 17, 2015
Get inspiration from this tutorial. Regarding the slots, the idea is that you always flash the rom to the other slot. TWRP is flashed to both, custom kernel, magisk, etc., to the current slot. So after flashing a rom (plus TWRP) you change slots and boot either in TWRP for further work (custom kernel, magisk, etc.) or to system to use it.

Thanks for this hint. I will give it a try in the next days. :good: Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

HELP ME PLS !!!

Fighting the same problem. Please let us know how it worked. :)
Can't test it right now. Got a lot of work to do. Will comment later.

Last edited:

peterl30

Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for this hint. I will give it a try in the next days. :good: Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Fighting the same problem. Please let us know how it worked. :)
Can't test it right now. Got a lot of work to do. Will comment later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DCO2EWyHo

For me installation worked without probs. Now, after two weeks testing I have to say LS16 is running excellent on this phone.
Only probs: The Slot A/B craziness.

Is there a chance to get updates? Any update? Any new version?

Hoshiiiii_

Jul 11, 2020
i know im way too late and that this isnt supported but for those who know, I received an OTA update but i cant install it. says 'download failed please check ur internet connection or try again later' but my internet is all good. how should i update it

Reactions: baudoux

baudoux

Nov 2, 2019
I have an issue with the update in system-updater.

It sees an update but I am not able to download it. I tester with WiFi or data without success.

I attached a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-194747_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20210204-194747_Updater.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 113

0withoutface0

Jan 21, 2022
Hello! Please help! I have a very big problem and nothing is on the internet about it.
So i downloaded this. I formated everything. Flashed it with twrp(linkboi's). (I did a lot of flash and everything worked) I wiped dalvik. I booted. And it crashed. I tried to boot in to recovery, it booted into lineageOS recovery, it only works when sd card is not in. When i try to wipe system it don't do anything. I tried to flash stock rom with adb and it exit the installation with error 1. I tried to flash custom rom that worked previously, it say that this phone is daisy_sprout. When I try to boot in to fastboot, it restarts every 10-15 seconds so i dont have enough time to flash something. Please help! I did everything right. I did a lot of rom and kernel flash before and every worked perfectly. Thanks for help! Sorry for my english.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Hello! Please help! I have a very big problem and nothing is on the internet about it.
So i downloaded this. I formated everything. Flashed it with twrp(linkboi's). (I did a lot of flash and everything worked) I wiped dalvik. I booted. And it crashed. I tried to boot in to recovery, it booted into lineageOS recovery, it only works when sd card is not in. When i try to wipe system it don't do anything. I tried to flash stock rom with adb and it exit the installation with error 1. I tried to flash custom rom that worked previously, it say that this phone is daisy_sprout. When I try to boot in to fastboot, it restarts every 10-15 seconds so i dont have enough time to flash something. Please help! I did everything right. I did a lot of rom and kernel flash before and every worked perfectly. Thanks for help! Sorry for my english.
This ROM is heavily outdated and unsupported I believe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto
    • OTA Updater
    • SELinux Enforcing

Broken:
    • Tell me, there will always be something..

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite variants.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 9 firmware.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Boot recovery from fastboot (TWRP recovery for Mi A2 Lite)
    • Format/Wipe /system and /data
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] TWRP flashable
    Don't forget to change slots after installing the rom in TWRP!
    You have to reboot TWRP to the "new" slot to install GApps!

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on P-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting/Wiping data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage (in case of a format)) is a must if you were using a different rom previously.

Credits & collaborations:
    I would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Contributors
    33bca
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2019-04-07
    Last Updated 2019-05-02
    New LineageOS build!
    OTA will follow soon
    Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117920053

Changelog:
    - Added offline charging
    - Fixed ghost-touches
    - Fixed fingerprint gestures for fpc
    - Minor changes you wont notice & LOS upstream

Cheers!
    New test build!
    This build is for testing purposes only! It could have some bugs caused by selinux.
    Please let me know about any bugs (pm to me with logs)

Currently know:
    - None

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117908101

Changelog:
    - Sepolicy enforced (Yay!)
    - added 4K video recording
    - Minor changes you wont notice

Cheers!
    New Update! (OTA will follow soon)
    Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117886039

Changelog:

- Fixed WifiDisplay (this time for real...)
    - Update wont remove GoogleApps or Magisk (just for the following releases, this one will still do it...)

Enjoy!
    New update!

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117884249

Changelog:
    - Added OTA support (from now on you dont even need TWRP to update builds, a reboot will do it after downloading and installing it in the updater app)
    - Added Doze
    - Added option to record calls
    - Fixed bad bluetooth call quality
    - Fixed wireless display
    - Updated CAF tag (kernel & prima driver)

Cheers!