• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 17.1 for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi)

Search This thread

bnwgraaf

Feb 6, 2009
Kaatsheuvel
Finally my Samsung tablet has a newer Android! Thank you for this rom!

I have a question: my internet speed is not that great. I do have 5Ghz in my house, but the SM-T580 c9nnects to the 2,4Ghz band....
Is this device capable of connecting to 5Ghz and if yes, can I force that?

LifelessDead

Aug 22, 2020
Finally my Samsung tablet has a newer Android! Thank you for this rom!

I have a question: my internet speed is not that great. I do have 5Ghz in my house, but the SM-T580 c9nnects to the 2,4Ghz band....
Is this device capable of connecting to 5Ghz and if yes, can I force that?

Yes, works fine on 5GHz. Just pick your correct 5GHz network from the wifi list, and "forget" the 2.4GHz one.

bnwgraaf

Feb 6, 2009
Kaatsheuvel
Yes, works fine on 5GHz. Just pick your correct 5GHz network from the wifi list, and "forget" the 2.4GHz one.
Thanks for your reply. My 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz networks do have the same SSID and my other devices (and this Samsung with the stock rom) do connect to the 5Ghz one automatically!

And I have seen that it should be possible to force it in the wifi settings, but I see it is connected to 2,4Ghz but I can not change it to 5Ghz...

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for your reply. My 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz networks do have the same SSID and my other devices (and this Samsung with the stock rom) do connect to the 5Ghz one automatically!

And I have seen that it should be possible to force it in the wifi settings, but I see it is connected to 2,4Ghz but I can not change it to 5Ghz...
I have no idea why it doesn't use 5GHz on one network with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and I don't use one network with both, but as a workaround, you can setup 2 separate networks - one on the 2.4GHz band, and another on the 5GHz band - with different SSIDs, and connect to the WiFi network on the 5GHz band. Your routers settings/admin page should let you do so.

Last edited:

fs1023

Use the pico variant package for arm64 and Android 10 from https://opengapps.org/
Install any additional Google apps that you need from the play store.
Thanks for your reply. Installed rom with your recommended gapps file and Magisk. Works fantastic, very fast and with sound. Just a couple of tiny issues
1. Can't get Samsung wearable gear app to work even though I have full root with SafetyNet pass and hidden app in Magisk.
2. On reboot Wifi does not auto connect but works fine after power off.

Once again thanks for your help and fantastic rom. Great to have this Tab with Google 10.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for your reply. Installed rom with your recommended gapps file and Magisk. Works fantastic, very fast and with sound. Just a couple of tiny issues
1. Can't get Samsung wearable gear app to work even though I have full root with SafetyNet pass and hidden app in Magisk.
2. On reboot Wifi does not auto connect but works fine after power off.

Once again thanks for your help and fantastic rom. Great to have this Tab with Google 10.
Excellent. For your issues:
1. That's a type of thing to be expected... Not really a "real" issue per se. The gear app is probably checking for something else, for example, the Knox warranty status. There is probably a modified version of the Gear app somewhere that you can try, with any of those types of checks removed. You can probably find one somewhere else on this forum.
2. I'm not aware of that exact issue. I'm only aware of an issue where WiFi is disabled after a reboot, and it needs to be enabled manually. Maybe that's just a better description of the issue you're having? Apparently, that issue only occurs when WiFi scanning at Settings -> Location -> Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning -> Wi-Fi scanning is enabled, and it was fixed in LineageOS 18.1/Android 11. Not sure why people care so much about that issue for usual usage, anyway... It takes one slide down on the notification bar and one tap to enable WiFi.
Finally, you're welcome.

Last edited:

fs1023

Excellent. For your issues:
1. That's a type of thing to be expected... Not really a "real" issue per se. The gear app is probably checking for something else, for example, the Knox warranty status. There is probably a modified version of the Gear app somewhere that you can try, with any of those types of checks removed. You can probably find one somewhere else on this forum.
2. I'm not aware of that exact issue. I'm only aware of an issue where WiFi is disabled after a reboot, and it needs to be enabled manually. Maybe that's just a better description of the issue you're having? Apparently, that issue only occurs when WiFi scanning at Settings -> Location -> Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning -> Wi-Fi scanning is enabled, and it was fixed in LineageOS 18.1/Android 11. Not sure why people care so much about that issue for usual usage, anyway... It takes one slide down on the notification bar and one tap to enable WiFi.
Finally, you're welcome.
Again thanks for your reply. Point taken, they are not issues and I should have worded my comments better.
1. Thanks for the heads up, I will search for modded gears app.
2. You are correct, I meant as you have described, WiFi disabled after reboot and it is not a problem to manually enable.

I will try the LineageOS 18.1/Android 11 update in due course, just trying to get used to doing this stuff again:)

Again thanks for your help and work you put in to update T580.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
New release for 20210313

Changelog:

• Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210305 Android security updates.
  • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, many changes to the rcu, locking and btrfs code from 4.4, and a few changes from Samsung's M105GDXU6CUA1 kernel to the kernel.
  • The exynos part of the BSP has a few changes from Lineage's 18.1 branch for HWC and memtrack.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EUYNu3pAU4My7louBCqt8RdvCchoZ0mb/

Nothing more to this release. Enjoy.

soaringowl2145

Dec 24, 2016
Hmm... That's strange. The latest build was working fine for me, and I assume it is for (most) others as well, and I made few changes in the latest build compared from the previous build (basically as in the changelog, nothing more). I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "zip signature". The MD5 checksum (which I never put anywhere, but probably should) for the latest build is 2e90f6dbc4af4cea9cb9d578f5b8a6d5.

You're going to need to get a log from logcat using a working installation of ADB on a computer for me to try to look into your issue. To do this, ADB has to be enabled on boot and secure ADB needs to be disabled. First of all, download this file named "default.prop", which has changes to do that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Lrva4gZIP0IKNqQKrEQVz1D3t7sg4S8/ Boot your device into TWRP, connect it to your computer, mount the system partition, and push the new default.prop file to /system_root/ using ADB so that it replaces the existing default.prop file by running this in a shell/command prompt, assuming that the default.prop file is in the same directory as the one you're in (use "cd <path>" to change directories):
Code:
adb push default.prop /system_root/
You can also copy it to your internal storage and copy it to /system_root/ using TWRP's file manager, although you'll need to use ADB to get the log anyway.
Once you've done that, reboot. While it's bootlooping, run the following in a shell/command prompt to get a log from logcat:
Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt
The log will be in the new file named "logcat.txt". You can replace that filename with whichever you prefer. Upload it in a new post.

By the way, by any chance, did you install or upgrade any packages in addition to upgrading to that build? Perhaps that's the cause of your bootlooping?

I've also made an entirely clean new build earlier today, which can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JeXvc3NVQaUUksfvtpEgWeUd25DSmChx/
I've tested it myself, and it works fine here. You could try it before trying to get a log, although I'm not expecting it to not bootloop if that build did.

Same issue with the March build. When doing adb it says waiting for device and the logcat never works

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Same issue with the March build. When doing adb it says waiting for device and the logcat never works
I think that either you didn't do as I described correctly, your installation of ADB isn't working (bad drivers?), your devices micro USB port or cable isn't working (were they working for data transfers before?), or something else is going completely wrong for some reason that prevents ADB from working (and I have no idea for what that could possibly be). I just tested ADB on boot on my installation (just edited default.prop and set persist.sys.usb.config to "adb" and ro.adb.secure to "0"), and it works fine, as with ADB after booting as well.

I have absolutely no idea for what your issue could be without any insight. I've made few changes since the January build (pretty much as in my changelogs), and only applied/made many changes to the kernel, and my latest build seems to boot for everyone else with good installations, as with the Febuary build as well, so assuming you just did a simple upgrade and nothing else on top, your issue is extremely baffling.

Last edited:

soaringowl2145

Dec 24, 2016
I think that either you didn't do as I described correctly, your installation of ADB isn't working (bad drivers?), your devices micro USB port or cable isn't working (were they working for data transfers before?), or something else is conpletely wrong (and I have no idea for what that could possibly be). I just tested ADB on boot on my installation (just edited default.prop and set persist.sys.usb.config to "adb" and ro.adb.secure to "0"), and it works fine, as with ADB after booting as well.

I have absolutely no idea for what your issue could be without any insight. I've made few changes since the January build (pretty much as in my changelogs), and only applied/made many changes to the kernel, and my latest build seems to boot for everyone else with good installations, as with the Febuary build as well, so assuming you just did a simple upgrade and nothing else on top, your issue is extremely baffling.
When I put the file in a new folder named /system_root
I think that either you didn't do as I described correctly, your installation of ADB isn't working (bad drivers?), your devices micro USB port or cable isn't working (were they working for data transfers before?), or something else is going completely wrong for some reason that prevents ADB from working (and I have no idea for what that could possibly be). I just tested ADB on boot on my installation (just edited default.prop and set persist.sys.usb.config to "adb" and ro.adb.secure to "0"), and it works fine, as with ADB after booting as well.

So I tried a normal upgrade again but this time I installed the rom and an updated version of opengapps and it worked successfully. Any idea on why that fixed it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is LineageOS 17.1, which is based on Android 10, for the WiFi-only variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), codenamed gtaxlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

I started these builds because the LineageOS builds from @Valera1978 had 2 particular significant bugs in them that were always being mentioned in posts in that thread: display backlight brightness not changeable from full brightness and the touchscreen appearing to not respond after putting the tablet to sleep. Those bugs had existed for quite a long time. @followmsi has some changes in his device tree that fixed those 2 bugs.

Now, my builds are really a continuation of Valera's builds after he unfortunately discontinued work on this device due to an (understandable) lack of interest.

Over Valera's old builds, my builds have many improvements and additional features, such as the following:
    • SELinux is set to enforcing by default for better security.
    • RSA key verification for ADB is enabled by default, and ADB isn't enabled by default or on boot.
    • Encryption is fully working.
    • USB tethering works.
    • Support for using USB for MIDI is enabled.
    • Support for screen mirroring using miracast has been added back after being removed by Google using the changes here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"ten-aosp-wfd"
    • Freeform windows work properly with this abandoned change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/275189
    • The kernel has many updates from Linux 4.4, 3.16 and the 3.18 Android common kernel, including security and vulnerability fixes, improvements to downstream drivers and additional features (including CPU and GPU voltage control (documentation is further on in this thread), the BFQ IO scheduler and some USB serial drivers updated from Linux v4.4 and enabled (The enabled drivers are the generic, WCH CH341 (also supporting the CH340), SiLabs CP201X, Prolific PL2303 and FTDI SIO USB serial drivers. You can use Termux with tsu and screen to interface with supported USB serial devices via these drivers. They'll be available at /dev/ttyUSB[0-255], though most likely /dev/ttyUSB0.))
    • The kernel is also compiled using clang after having applied the many necessary changes to it to do so.
    • The userspace lmk (low memory killer) is used.
    • There is support for signature spoofing, notably for microG.
    • sswap has been removed and ZRAM is used instead.
    • The Settings -> Privacy -> Trust -> Restrict USB option works.
    • The Mali graphics blob has been updated to version r28p0 from r22p0.
    • Support for OpenCL is working.
    • Assisted GPS works.
    • LiveDisplay color calibration and reading mode is available.
    • FlipFlap has been added. (Only works if the timeouts in Settings -> Connected devices -> Connection preferences -> Smart cover are set to 'immediately')
    • As many vendor blobs as possible have been updated from Samsung's stock T580XXS5CTD1/T580XXS5CTK1 (there are no changes to the vendor blobs between those versions) and A520FXXUGCTI9 firmwares.
    • The BSP libraries are built from more up to date, less hacky sources, based on Lineage's SLSI BSP sources, which are publicly available.
    • An issue where videos that are recorded have a duration that is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep has been worked around.
    Very important note for those upgrading from the releases from 20210523 and 20210413 in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-17-1-for-sm-t580-gtaxlwifi.4059571/post-85106105

Note: I won't build for the LTE variant. I don't have enough disk space to build for both variants and I don't own the LTE variant. However, builds for the WiFi-only variant will apparently boot and work on the LTE variant, only without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration, so since I've allowed installation on the LTE variant, you can try to use my builds on it if you can go without those things.

Note 2: Builds from 20210413 and newer are not tested by myself, since I've moved onto LineageOS 18.1. Nevertheless, they should still boot and work fine.

Downloads:
    Latest build from 20210530 (security patch level 20210505):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZCYYcT5b6E9zWiFNgwUP3Kxlvf-dyVn
    Some previous releases: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N56WWqP6FG8W_KyWiuUqia80clb8ShtP
    Directory for these builds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UiUlSbfj3agDvt-4f_YLIS0Xyuz5RtFC

Changelog:

Release for 20210530:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS.
    • File-based encryption has been disabled after I left it enabled by mistake.
    Previous releases:
    Release for 20210523:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210505 Android security updates.
    • Some changes have been imported to libbt-vendor from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_bt on branch lineage-18.1-caf (same as branch lineage-17.1-caf).
    • The rampatch_tlv_tf_1.1.tlv firmware for Bluetooth has been updated from Samsung's stock T585XXS6CTJ7 firmware.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • A workaround that was used to get USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering to work is no longer used, and has been replaced with a proper fix (enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel).
    Release for 20210413:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210405 Android security updates.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    Release for 20210313:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210305 Android security updates.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, many changes to the rcu, locking and btrfs code from 4.4, and a few changes from Samsung's M105GDXU6CUA1 kernel to the kernel.
    • The exynos part of the BSP has a few changes from Lineage's 18.1 branch for HWC and memtrack.
    Release for 20210207:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210205 Android security updates.
    • SELinux denials that caused the torch feature to not work have been addressed.
    • The issue where videos that are recorded have a duration that is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep has been worked around - It looks like Samsung did something wrong in the camera HALs for Exynos 7870 devices.
    • There are some more updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, and a few changes from Samsung's M105GDXU6CTL3 kernel.
    Release for 20210116:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210105 Android security updates.
    • The custom camera provider HAL has been removed, and the camera provider HAL has been binderized - this fixes camera glitches when there is motion.
    • Quota support has been enabled on userdata, so that storage usage statistics can be gotten more quickly.
    • The Widevine DRM blobs from the Pixel 3 XL's last Android 10 firmware are now used.
    • The MFC (Multi Format Codec) firmware has been updated from Samsung's M105FDDU3CTK3 firmware, and the camera.vendor.universal7870.so library has been updated from Samsung's latest stock firmware (version T580XXS5CTK1).
    • There are some more updates from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel to the kernel.
    Release for 20201223:
    • Address hal_graphics_composer_default SELinux denials on video_device - fixes issues with video playback with SELinux set to enforcing. (Thanks to @Kostareka for providing logs with the SELinux denials)
    Release for 20201221:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201205 Android security updates.
    • I've prepared new BSP sources, based on Lineage's SLSI BSP sources, and the BSP libraries are now built from those sources. (Thanks to @Valera1978 for providing his old BSP sources! Without them, this wouldn't have been possible.)
    • Samsung's proprietary audio libraries, adapted by @Valera1978, are now used, to workaround an issue where audio will be outputted to both the 3.5mm audio jack and the speakers quietly when something is connected to the audio jack.
    • The build fingerprint has been changed to an older Android 8.1 fingerprint for the Google Pixel C. (For information on why we can't use the fingerprint from the stock firmware, see: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_device_samsung_gtaxlwifi/issues/1 )
    • Installation on the LTE variant (SM-T585, codenamed gtaxllte) is now allowed - apparently, builds for the WiFi-only variant boot and work on the LTE variant, only with no mobile networking (of course) and GPS.
    • There are a few minor cleanups.
    • Version 2 of the AOSP bluetooth audio HAL has been enabled.
    • FIFO UI scheduling has been enabled.
    • The camera libraries have been updated from Samsung's latest stock firmware, version T580XXS5CTK1.
    • There are a few other miscellaneous improvements.
    • There are some updates to the kernel from the Android 3.18 common kernel and Linux v4.4, and there are updates to some of the drivers from Samsung's M105GDXU5CTI3 kernel.
    Release for 20201121:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201105 Android security updates.
    • The sepolicy has been improved - many unnecessary SELinux rules have been removed and a few SELinux denials have been addressed.
    • The init.power.rc script is now actually used to set some parameters for the interactive CPU governor to make it less aggressive.
    • The GNSS and sensors HAL are now compiled from source in the device tree with necessary modifications. (Thanks to @followmsi for some very useful information regarding this!)
    • As many vendor blobs as possible have been updated from Samsung's T580XXS5CTD1 and A520FXXUGCTI9 stock firmwares, the gpsd shim has been removed as it's no longer necessary after updating gpsd from T580XXS5CTD1 and a few unused vendor blobs have also been removed.
    • cbd/cpboot-daemon has been removed, because it, along with the modem_v1 driver in the kernel, no longer works with the latest bootloader and spams the kernel log with error messages, I have very little idea of what it does for the WiFi-only variant and it's unnecessary.
    • Made a few other miscellaneous improvements.
    • Many more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel, some miscellaneous improvements and many changes to the f2fs filesystem driver from newer Android common kernels and mainline Linux.
    • The kernel is now compiled using the clang compiler after having applied the many necessary changes to it to do so.
    Release for 20201022:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201005 Android security updates.
    • Enable config_setColorTransformAccelerated - LiveDisplay colour calibration and reading mode is now available. (Thanks to @followmsi for finding this fix.)
    • Add FlipFlap for flip covers. (Note that FlipFlap only works if the timeouts in Settings -> Connected devices -> Connection preferences -> Smart cover are set to 'immediately')
    • Fix a typo in the power profile.
    • More updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel.
    • Apply/backport some changes to zram and the lz4 compression algorithm from mainline Linux for faster compression and decompression, and add a backport of the zstd compression algorithm from the 4.9 Android common kernel which can be used as the compression algorithm for zram (lz4 is still the default compression algorithm).
    Release for 20200915:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200905 Android security updates.
    • Increase microphone gains.
    • Many more updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 and a few improvements to the kernel.
    Release for 20200821:
    • A few more updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 and improvements to the kernel.
    • Revert 2 changes to the kernel related to hotplugging - should fix an issue where the device doesn't wake up after a while of deep sleeping in certain cases, and a hard reset is needed.
    Release for 20200814:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200805 Android security updates.
    • Update the Mali graphics blob to r28p0 from r22p0.
    • Make a few changes for GPS that fix Assisted GPS, and switch to different XTRA servers with HTTPS.
    • Fix OpenCL.
    • Symlink libGLES_mali.so to libOpenCL.so, libOpenCL.so.1 and libOpenCL.so.1.1 instead of copying - saves a significant amount of space in /system and makes the installation zip slightly smaller.
    • Change media volume control to be in 25 steps rather than 15 steps.
    • More updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 to the kernel and some improvements.
    Release for 20200711:
    • Android security updates from 20200705, manually applied to skip the wait for them to be merged. ('repopick -t android-10.0.0_r40')
    • Disable window rounded corner animations.
    • Reduce ZRAM size to 512MB.
    • Enable debug.sf.disable_backpressure.
    • A few more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18.
    • Port over/import zsmalloc, zram, zswap, zbud and zpool from Linux v4.4.
    • Fix the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release.
    Release for 20200703:
    • Enable support for using USB for MIDI.
    • Fix/workaround issues with USB tethering.
    • Remove sswap and use ZRAM.
    • Latest update from @Valera1978 - "update audio_policy_configuration.xml from SM-A600FN q stock"
    • Many more updates to the kernel from v4.4, android-3.18 and a few from v3.16.
    • Disable the Exynos hotplug governor again. (in the kernel)
    Release for 20200608:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200605 Android security updates.
    • Use userspace lmkd.
    • Enable Always On Display. (Thanks to @followmsi)
    • Address a few more SELinux denials.
    • power_profile: change names as per pie naming changes.
    • Switch to [email protected]g. (Thanks to @followmsi)
    • Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository).
    • Add back support for Miracast using the changes from https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_av repository).
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux v4.4 and v3.16 and general updates. There are also improvements to downstream drivers.
    Release for 20200512:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200505 Android security updates.
    • Address more SELinux denials.
    • Remove the ro.enable_boot_charger_mode property and revert "gtaxl: workaround for offline charging".
    • Remove some useless services for non-existent binaries in init files.
    • Hide sRGB toggle in developer options.
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux 4.4 and to the kernel-based wireguard implementation.
    Release for 20200411:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200405 Android security updates.
    • Update the cpu.speeds array in the power profile for 1.69GHz, 449MHz and 343MHz frequencies.
    • Make the power profile aware of the big.LITTLE cluster.
    • Address more SELinux denials and remove duplicate rules.
    • Use an up-to-date Samsung hardware repository based on LineageOS' repository, and make changes to the device tree for it. ((Thanks to @followmsi for changing the sepolicy to accommodate for modem/macloader having been moved to /vendor and mentioning that the Exynos hidl power HAL has to be used after the old power HAL was removed)
    • Enable secure ADB and set persist.sys.usb.config to none.
    • Use pool.ntp.org for the NTP servers.
    • ramdisk: cleanup the init files and fstab for readability.
    • ramdisk: init.samsungexynos7870.rc: only start gpsd after booting - fixes GPS when encrypted.
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux 4.4, general updates (such as updates to the wireguard kernel module) and fixes.
    • Use sdfat for exFAT support.
    • Add toggle for disabling newly added USB devices.
    Release for 20200309:
    • Latest updates including 20200305 security patches
    • Upgrade android.hardware.keymaster to 4.0.
    • lineage-gtaxlwifi_defconfig: disable CRYPTO_FIPS to get encryption partially working.
    • sdfat: update to version 2.3.0.
    • Update the BFQ IO scheduler to v8r12 using a port.
    Release for 20200303:
    • wireless: add back Samsung's 'temporary' workaround due to qcacld-2.0 page allocation errors. Looks like this is actually necessary. Works around issues with WiFi not being possible to be enabled after some time again due to page allocation failures that still exist.
    • Revert duplicate "signal/ptrace: Don't leak unitialized kernel memory with PTRACE_PEEK_SIGINFO". We already had this commit as in Linux v3.18, the content of this reverted commit are useless.
    Release for 20200301:
    • Fix a few SELinux denials. (including app_zygote denials, sepolicy in post 5 no longer needed for this build at all and also shouldn't be used anymore as more denials beyond just the app_zygote denials have been fixed)
    Release for 20200229:
    • Initial release.

Documentation on how to undervolt the CPU and and undervolt the GPU:
    Warning: I'm not responsible for any damage. Anything you do is at your own risk!
    Note: everything in this section requires root access. If you don't have root access, you can use root over ADB. All commands should be run using some type of shell.
    This documentation isn't the best, but it should be good enough. This section had documentation on how to overclock the GPU and undervolt various busses, but those features don't appear to actually work.

CPU voltage control:

This feature allows changing the voltage on the big and LITTLE clusters. To get the current voltages...
    ...of the first cluster (cluster 0), view the contents of the file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster0_volt_table. You can use cat to do this:
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster0_volt_table
    ...of the second cluster (cluster 1), view the contents of the file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster1_volt_table.
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster1_volt_table
    To set voltages...
    ...for the first cluster, write voltages in microvolts (uV) in the format "<1.69GHz voltage> <1.586GHz voltage> <and so on until 343MHz...>" to the file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster0_volt_table. You can use echo to do this:
    Code:
    echo "<1.69GHz voltage> <1.586GHz voltage> <and so on until 343MHz...>" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster0_volt_table
    ...for the second cluster, write voltages in microvolts (uV) in the format "<1.69GHz voltage> <1.586GHz voltage> <and so on until 343MHz...>" to the file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster0_volt_table.
    Code:
    echo "<1.69GHz voltage> <1.586 voltage> <and so on until 343MHz...>" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/mp-cpufreq/cluster1_volt_table
    These interfaces are in microvolts (uV), and 1 milivolt (mV) is 1000 uV. Your desired voltage can be found by adding or subtracting the voltage you'd like to make it higher or lower by to the current voltage. These interfaces allow changing voltages in steps of 1 uV. The maximum voltage is 1.2V and the minimum is 0.2V for both clusters.

GPU voltage control:
    To get the current voltages, view the contents of the file /sys/devices/11400000.mali/volt_table.
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/11400000.mali/volt_table
    To change voltages, write voltages in the format "<frequency in MHz> <voltage for that frequency>" to the file /sys/devices/11400000.mali/volt_table.
    Code:
    echo "<frequency in MHz> <voltage for that frequency>" > /sys/devices/11400000.mali/volt_table
    This has to be done for every frequency you'd like to change the voltage for. Yet again, this interface is in microvolts (uV), and 1 milivolt (mV) is 1000 uV. Your desired voltage can be found by adding or subtracting the voltage you'd like to make it higher or lower by to the current voltage.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
    Issue 1: adoptable storage is reported to not work correctly.
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 1: format and use your micro SD card with the exFAT filesystem.

Issue 2: Images and videos that are taken in a resolution with an aspect ratio of 16:9 are actually stretched from 4:3.
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 2: Use a resolution that has an aspect ratio of 4:3.

Issue 3: the on-screen navigation bar feature that can be enabled with the option at Settings -> System -> Buttons -> "Enable on-screen nav bar" doesn't work properly.

Issue 4: Videos recorded using the camera after going into deep sleep appear to have a very long duration. A portion of recorded videos is mostly stuck on one frame, and what was actually recorded is at the end of videos.
    Worked around with this patch: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/and...mmit/f79ac375966db9bf6dc2f16be96dd02fb70d81ee / https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_av/+/234657 without the flag and ifdef

To report issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you are unsure of how to get both, there is good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
    manifests - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests
    device tree - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_device_samsung_gtaxlwifi
    kernel sources - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870
    vendor - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_vendor_samsung_gtaxlwifi
    hardware - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_hardware_samsung
    android_frameworks_base fork - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_base
    android_frameworks_av fork - https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_base
    BSP sources -
    The BSP sources are in 3 parts in these 3 repositories:
    ...all on branches lineage-17.1

Thanks to:
    @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for these devices, and for providing his old BSP sources without which the open BSP sources wouldn't have been possible.
    @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
    LineageOS - for the Android distribution itself.
    ...and everyone else who's worked on anything that is in use.
    New release for 20200711

Changelog:
    • Android security updates from 20200705, manually applied to skip the wait for them to be merged. ('repopick -t android-10.0.0_r40')
    • Disable window rounded corner animations.
    • Reduce ZRAM size to 512MB.
    • Enable debug.sf.disable_backpressure.
    • A few more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18.
    • Port over/import zsmalloc, zram, zswap, zbud and zpool from Linux v4.4.
    • Fix the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWMS4UhiNEywnOJdpqS6H4BK1nv-bZWh/

In this release, the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release have been fixed. If anyone still has any issues with hanging, please get logs (logcat and dmesg) after a hang occurs, report the issue here with the logs and and some type of details of the issue and use this build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDhpnmmr7bFF69GOHrzZ0z6PV5EXq87O/ , which has a kernel with old changes from 20200608 when there weren't any issues and uses sswap/vnswap instead of ZRAM.

Enjoy.
    New release for 20200814

Changelog:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200805 Android security updates.
    • Update the Mali graphics blob to r28p0 from r22p0.
    • Make a few changes for GPS that fix Assisted GPS, and switch to different XTRA servers with HTTPS.
    • Fix OpenCL.
    • Symlink libGLES_mali.so to libOpenCL.so, libOpenCL.so.1 and libOpenCL.so.1.1 instead of copying - saves a significant amount of space in /system and makes the installation zip slightly smaller.
    • Change media volume control to be in 25 steps rather than 15 steps.
    • More updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 to the kernel and some improvements.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o_1lBoueXM1DOqm6L3y4mfdMrlw9vKR8/

In this release, the Mali graphics blob has been updated to r28p0. This fixes the hanging issues with Chromium-based browsers (including Chrome).

Those who had used @Valera1978's LineageOS 17.1 builds a while ago may remember issues when the Mali graphics blob was updated to r28p0. Valera not only updated the graphics blob, but also replaced many other things, which caused those issues. I've only updated the graphics blob. To see what I mean, you can compare my commit here: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/and...mmit/81d3a3e2d23f02e3a2cd5e6061eda5502f16ae63 with Valera's commit here: https://github.com/Valera1978/andro...mmit/7b7db571882130aaa8115adb33d5c2875b8174c5.

Everything else is self-explanatory. Enjoy.
    New release for 20200703

Changelog:
    • Enable support for using USB for MIDI.
    • Fix/workaround issues with USB tethering.
    • Remove sswap and use ZRAM.
    • Latest update from @Valera1978 - "update audio_policy_configuration.xml from SM-A600FN q stock"
    • Many more updates to the kernel from v4.4, android-3.18 and a few from v3.16.
    • Disable the Exynos hotplug governor again. (in the kernel)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/130jbirsEOYM3KjrvUZwWNW-YKOiXdw4R/

In this release, support for using USB for MIDI has been enabled and USB tethering will now work.

I've disabled the Exynos hotplug governor again. At first, I thought that all 8 CPU cores were being brought online by it with heavier loads while bringing 4 cores offline when there isn't much load like it's supposed to, but after testing it more thoroughly, it appears that the other 4 cores are actually not brought online by it even with heavy loads unless there is some user interaction. Also, battery life doesn't seem to be any better with it.

Enjoy.
    Changelog:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200605 Android security updates.
    • Use userspace lmkd.
    • Enable Always On Display. (Thanks to @followmsi)
    • Address a few more SELinux denials.
    • power_profile: change names as per pie naming changes.
    • Switch to [email protected]g. (Thanks to @followmsi)
    • Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository).
    • Add back support for Miracast using the changes from https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_av repository).
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux v4.4 and v3.16 and general updates. There are also improvements to downstream drivers.

I'm no longer going to mention related commits for changes in changelogs for reasons of readability. If you're interested, you should refer to git histories for the repositories mentioned in the original post.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13WQryjF4wJw6OjYL4ZN-O07oy58DLo5l/view?usp=sharing

In this release, support for Miracast has been added back. For some reason I don't understand (something about HDCP?), Google removed Miracast support in Android 9. The changes used to add back support for Miracast are originally from here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 Screen mirroring with WiFi displays using Miracast will now work.

Freeform window moving and resizing will now work without crashes and soft reboots through the "Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work" change, originally from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/275189. That change has been abandoned now, and there hasn't been any fix from AOSP. I've applied that change myself, and we now have fully working freeform windows.

For those changes, I now have new forks for 2 of LineageOS' git repositories:
    android_frameworks_base: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_base
    android_frameworks_av: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_av
    This means that absolutely everything I use on top of LineageOS' sources is now available as I have it. Previously, I was using LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository with the signature spoofing permission patch manually applied on top.

Everything else is self-explanatory. Enjoy.