LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z2

Search This thread

atti9935

Dec 5, 2015
I have been going through your messages and want to ask if I understand it correct now: D6502 works fine when you install the rom, flash the zip I provided and then flash the kernel permissive patcher? If so, could someone be so kind and record an adb logcat on D6502 during boot in permissive?

Here it is.

Attachments

• liveboot.log.zip
    96.7 KB · Views: 14

atti9935

Dec 5, 2015
Medium Torch Booster

Original mode created by olokos just sharing the file and path for Android 10
Extract the attached file and replace the extracted file at the following path via root explorer. Because I don't know how to create a flashable ZIP for Android 10 ?.

System/vendor/etc/flashled_calc_parameters.cfg

Set permission of file to 0644.

Enjoy the boosted torch.

Attachments

• flashled_calc_parameters.cfg.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 27

a95i

Dec 15, 2015
Original mode created by olokos just sharing the file and path for Android 10
Extract the attached file and replace the extracted file at the following path via root explorer. Because I don't know how to create a flashable ZIP for Android 10 ?.

System/vendor/etc/flashled_calc_parameters.cfg

Set permission of file to 0644.

Enjoy the boosted torch.

What is it for? What is its function?

juancho1540toby

Apr 12, 2020
hello, i have a problem to install the rom
1: which version of android stock or cooked should I have
2: do I have to be a root user?
3: the recovery twrp could not be installed on the phone because it does not start in the recovery mode, it only shows the logo and turns the phone on normally.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
hello, i have a problem to install the rom
1: which version of android stock or cooked should I have
2: do I have to be a root user?
3: the recovery twrp could not be installed on the phone because it does not start in the recovery mode, it only shows the logo and turns the phone on normally.
You should be on latest stock which is Marshmallow Android 6,
Use fastboot command to flash recovery and from recovery you can flash the ROM.
And make sure you already unlock your bootloader.

Last edited:

ssjoker

Aug 7, 2012
Tehran
Yes, there seems to be a problem with the second build. I will take a look soon.

-- problem found! Will push a hotfix asap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi NeoArian, hello guys
need some help ... today i installed lineage 17.1 lastest version and everything is great but i have one big problem (this is my problem not global), i dont have WIFI detection , need setup wifi regional country and i was test some apps and modules from xposed to magisk but i cant connect to wifi network. is it have any solution?
ty all

a95i

Dec 15, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi NeoArian, hello guys
need some help ... today i installed lineage 17.1 lastest version and everything is great but i have one big problem (this is my problem not global), i dont have WIFI detection , need setup wifi regional country and i was test some apps and modules from xposed to magisk but i cant connect to wifi network. is it have any solution?
ty all

سلام برادر اول d6502 بیس باند ارایه شده neoarianرا فلش کن بعد kernel که تو همین صفحه هست را فلش کن آنتن درست میشه wifiباید بذاری حالت هواپیما ریستارت کن گوشی را بعد میبینی wifi نشون میده

juancho1540toby

Apr 12, 2020
You should be on latest stock which is Marshmallow Android 6,
Use fastboot command to flash recovery and from recovery you can flash the ROM.
And make sure you already unlock your bootloader.

hi, to install the rom I have to have root? and another is how they start the recovery mode because I can flash through an adb folder, or they could explain to me how I should flash the recovery.
I already have the bootboater unlocked and I have the latest stock version for this sony z2

ticktock666

Feb 20, 2010
hi, to install the rom I have to have root? and another is how they start the recovery mode because I can flash through an adb folder, or they could explain to me how I should flash the recovery.
I already have the bootboater unlocked and I have the latest stock version for this sony z2
You need to have fastboot drivers installed on your pc, and fastboot package from Google too, I'm not gonna go into how to have that setup.
Turn off your phone
Hold volume up and connect phone to pc with usb cable, your are now in fastboot mode
Open folder where you saved the recovery image file you download from the first page of this thread
Hold shift and right click in the folder (this is for Windows pc), select open command line here
In the cmd window type fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery img file>.img (a useful tip is type the first 2 letters of the file name then hit tab on keyboard, it will auto complete, if you have multiple files you can keep pressing tab to cycle between them) then hit enter
You'll get a message saying something about flashing file successful.
Unplug phone from pc
Hold the volume down and power until the phone starts, then release volume down
You should boot into recovery
@NeoArian can this room, and the patches in it, be used to build a different room, for example resurrection remix or aex?
I've never done ROM building before, and I'm hoping on using this extended lockdown to learn and maybe try to do it, I used to mod the stock ROM for my personal use with good results, but I'm not sure if I'm getting into something way beyond my level with this.

Last edited:

juancho1540toby

Apr 12, 2020
problem with wifi signal

hello, I have had a problem and I don't know how it could be solved, what happens is that it has little wifi signal when it is close to the wifi modem, the stock rom did not have this problem, it loses 2 to 3 stripes and causes it to slow down the Internet.

Samir2298

Apr 3, 2015
hello, I have had a problem and I don't know how it could be solved, what happens is that it has little wifi signal when it is close to the wifi modem, the stock rom did not have this problem, it loses 2 to 3 stripes and causes it to slow down the Internet.

same problem to me. On stock signals are good but this rom it's weak...

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Gladbeck
Hey there,
I'm sorry for being pretty inactive here within the last week's, I didn't have much time left for my sony Shinano devices recently. I have got a new phone that needed to be brought up and that consumed most of my spare time and that still not completely done. I will try to find some time to unify the builds for D6503 and D6502 so that both one are working fine with one build and without the need to flash a zip for d6502. I can't say when this will be ready, please be patient.
Thanks for your understanding!

Greetings, Arian

Am I understanding it correct that you have working WiFi in this rom but the signal strength is weaker then the signal strength you get when you are using the stock rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.
    Thanks for the feedback and reports.
    Unfortunately i currently don't have enough time to work on the xperia z2.
    That doesn't mean it's deprecated and won't be continued some day.
    Please forgive me that i'm not active here.
    Greetings, Arian.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xpeira Z2.

Installation instructions
    Prerequisites:
    • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2
    • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
    • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
    Install:
    1. Reboot to TWRP. *
    2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
    3. Format data to get rid of encryption.
    4. Install ROM.
    5. Install 10.0 Gapps for ARM. **
    * recommended TWRP: Post #2
    ** optional

Update:
    • Get the latest build
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Flash the downloaded build
    • Reboot
    Note: If you don't wipe system, backuptool will reapply your modifications that support addon.d, for example: GApps.

Reporting bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for sirius, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    NeoArian
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 23.5.A.1.291

Version Information

Created 2020-02-21
    Last Updated 2020-07-30
    Hi everyone :)
    I am working on Android 11 for sony shinano currently and as some of you might know, my Z2 has a broken SIM-card slot. Hence i need your help to test if RIL works fine on this build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...0/lineage-18.0-20201205-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip
    This build is NOT ready to use yet, but most stuff should work fine.
    Greetings, Arian.
    Known Issues
    • FM Radio quality is worse then on stock, bit we can't do much without Sony's source probably. I am not working on that right now.
    • Disk Encryption: Disk Encryption is working, however not with the default password (no password). Workaround: Set password first, then start disk encryption, not the other way round!
    • You tell (with logs please)...

TWRP
    Download TWRP 3.3.1 for Xperia Z2!
    How to install this TWRP
    • Rename the downloaded twrp image to twrp.img
    • Reboot to fastboot by holding volume up while connecting your device to your computer
    • Open a terminal and go to the directory with TWRP in it
    • Type
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    • Boot into TWRP; while the device is powered off press the power and volume down button

A big THANK YOU to @OLDST4R for donating the Xperia Z2 to me!
    Good evening,
    I'm uploading a new build to https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sirius/lineage-17.1/ (should be available witin 15 minutes, sourceforge need to mirror it)
    Since it has been a while i don't have a changelog but D6502 should be supported now and the problem about forgetting time should be resolved.
    Please give feedback about D6502 and happy flashing!
    Good evening.
    I have uploaded a new build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...-17.1-20200514-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip/download

Assisted GPS should work now, that means a way faster fix should be available now as long as you have an internet connection, please report back about this.
    Happy flashing
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone