LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z2

Search This thread

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry if this question is stupid(I dont have much experience with Android/Linux):
    Regarding the WiFi country code selection WIP - the kernel you linked seems to be in the lineage-18.1 branch.
    Could I flash the Kernel you just sent over the Kernel Im currently using and then run the currently installed lineage 17.1 off of it? (and then flash your boot image for the wifi fix)
    -probably not changing to 18.1 just yet, because "supposed to be stable" does not sound ready to be a daily driver.

or in short: does that kernel also support 17.1?

Best regards
    The kernel itself would work fine on 17.1 too. However the boot.img from 18.1 would most likely not work fine. I currently don't have the time to pack the kernel as a flashable zip.
    18.1 is as stable as 17.1 with 2 exceptions so far: WiFi hotspot does not work correctly and the screen does not turn off while the device is powered off while charging.

Greetings, Arian.

Reactions: ChevoC and pbgapski

Worlor

Oct 6, 2010
    Hello
    I got the same problem with the GPS.
    This morning, the GPS wasn't working at all. After a reboot and multiple try, it finally worked (with instant position acquisition). I have used it for 2-3 hour on car. Until I close the GPS app .... Impossible to get a position now :/ Rebooted it multiple times, disabled and enabled the localisation settings. No satellites at all.
    I think it's software related

KazemCodes

Apr 19, 2021
    Thanks for the nice words.

Regarding the WiFi issues we have a WIP change to align the country code selection with stock, that could help with your issues too. (Talking about this: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/+/307310)

The 18.1 builds are supposed to be stable, but the latest build is in selinux permissive mode (but it supports both, D6502 and D6503). To fix the regional wifi issues (with the change i linked above applied) you can flash the bootimage i attached to this post.

Greetings, Arian.
    Thanks alot

May 16, 2021
    Hello friends I'm new to the forum more I would like a help with installing twrp on xperia z2 d6543 already done by fastboot also by the official application twrp says it was successfully installed but does not work, the only one that came with it was a version I found on youtube from twrp 2.8.7 more this is not possible to update because only the kernel partition appears in twrp 2.8.7 and if I try the phone turns off and does not turn on and does not turn on again i have to reinstall android 5.1.1 by flashtool for the phone to work again, forgive my English because I am using google translator.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
    Hello friends I'm new to the forum more I would like a help with installing twrp on xperia z2 d6543 already done by fastboot also by the official application twrp says it was successfully installed but does not work, the only one that came with it was a version I found on youtube from twrp 2.8.7 more this is not possible to update because only the kernel partition appears in twrp 2.8.7 and if I try the phone turns off and does not turn on and does not turn on again i have to reinstall android 5.1.1 by flashtool for the phone to work again, forgive my English because I am using google translator.
    Are you trying to install this rom? Or just twrp? Better upgrade to stock mm before you install this rom

May 16, 2021
    Are you trying to install this rom? Or just twrp? Better upgrade to stock mm before you install this rom
    yes I am, this device was with version 6.0.1 of android so unlock the bootloader and I put and put customized room 5.1.1 by flashtool I managed to do the root more I could not install any twrp other than version 2.8.7 dual recovery was the only one that worked more does not fit for these rom versions. What would be better?

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
    Try to be in stock MM then flash twrp 3.3.1 image in fastboot

Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img or

Fastboot flash FOTAkernel twrp.img

If fastboot says successfully flashed

Try to enter recovery by powering off your device then press power +volume dowm button until you see twrp flash screen

May 16, 2021
    Try to be in stock MM then flash twrp 3.3.1 image in fastboot

Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img or

Fastboot flash FOTAkernel twrp.img

If fastboot says successfully flashed

Try to enter recovery by powering off your device then press power +volume dowm button until you see twrp flash screen
    So is it better to return the rom stock and then do the flash for twrp 3.3.1? Forgive me the ignorance but I did not understand this part Fastboot flash FOTAkernel twrp.img I am learning with a bang because I want to give z2 a new life, the times I put the twrp they gave the message that it did successfully but they didn’t enter recovery already with this rom 5.1.1. Thanks a lot for the help.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
    If you are planning to flash this lineage 17.1 you better be in stock MM.
    fastboot flash FOTAkernel twrp.img just in case the other command does not work..
    There is also an update of this rom lineage 18 based on Android 11..

Reactions: RegrettedLeek5

ImpriveS

May 17, 2021
    Hello, I say right away I'm new to this business, so could you help me in installing lineage 17.1 on my sony Z2 D6503 phone. At the moment I have AICP Oreo Edition 13.1. How do I install lineage 17.1? You can give instructions as detailed as possible. Thank you very much in advance.

May 16, 2021
    fastboot flash FOTAkernel twrp.img just in case the other command does not work..
    Anyway I was able to install Android 6.0.1 stock MM and root, now I have to install twrp in the updated version in order to get Lineage 17.1 or 18.1 as you had suggested among those which is the most stable version for use on z2?

Reactions: @kitokit
    May 16, 2021
    I understand, still trying to install twrp 3.3.1 more with both commands that passed me does not work in the first reaches the end saying ok making it seem that everything is ok but does not start in recovery since the second FATOkernel informs that not allowed I do not know how to install even with stock MM.

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_004530.jpg
      IMG_20210518_004530.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 12
    • IMG_20210518_004505.jpg
      IMG_20210518_004505.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 15

ImpriveS

May 17, 2021
    Hello, please help. Before installing this firmware Lineage OS 17.1, should I first return the phone to the stock firmware? At the moment, I have AICP OREO EDITION 13.1, or can I immediately install Lineage OS 17.1?

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
    If you.have telegram, try to search this group
    Sony Z2 XDA Community Group.
    If you have flashed twrp 3.3.1 successfully in fastboot and still can boot to recovery by pressing simultaneously power button and volume down,....try to ask in that group maybe someone can help you out. I've the same problem but was able to boot in recovery by doing the button combination as I stated above. You should keep pressing it don't let go unless you see the twrp recovery splash screen..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Anyway I was able to install Android 6.0.1 stock MM and root, now I have to install twrp in the updated version in order to get Lineage 17.1 or 18.1 as you had suggested among those which is the most stable version for use on z2?
      Both are pretty stable, only problem with lineage 18 is sound its a bit low for me at least..
      Try to ask @koraymers if you could join the group, I think his the one who created the group..
      Here is the link https://t.me/joinchat/T2QPznVy6rI-JD1Y the creator of the group told me that he could share here if anyone else wants to participate already helps.😉
      I would like to suggest to include unique Xperia feature started with Z2 till XZ Premium which is Active Noise Cancellation with 5 pole jack and microphone build in ear buds like MDR-NC31 or MDR-EX750 (HiRes) and Music app from stock FW. This is the feature that keeps me with this phone for over six years.
      Do you think it is feasible?
      Did you try the original Sony Music app? I have never heard of these headsets before, but the device should in general support what is called e.g. "anc-on-hi-res" mixer paths. However, there might be some components missing. Maybe you need the Sony EQ app as well.
      2okPze5.png

Introduction
      LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
      with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
      Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
      If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
      Individuality
      Customization is paramount to productivity.
      That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
      Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
      Security
      Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
      Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
      We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
      And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
      Longevity
      LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
      Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xpeira Z2.

Installation instructions
      Prerequisites:
      • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2
      • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
      • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
      Install:
      1. Reboot to TWRP. *
      2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
      3. Format data to get rid of encryption.
      4. Install ROM.
      5. Install 10.0 Gapps for ARM. **
      * recommended TWRP: Post #2
      ** optional

Update:
      • Get the latest build
      • Boot into TWRP
      • Flash the downloaded build
      • Reboot
      Note: If you don't wipe system, backuptool will reapply your modifications that support addon.d, for example: GApps.

Reporting bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
       restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 17.1 for sirius, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
      NeoArian
      ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: 23.5.A.1.291

Version Information

Created 2020-02-21
      Last Updated 2020-07-30
      Hi everyone :)
      I am working on Android 11 for sony shinano currently and as some of you might know, my Z2 has a broken SIM-card slot. Hence i need your help to test if RIL works fine on this build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...0/lineage-18.0-20201205-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip
      This build is NOT ready to use yet, but most stuff should work fine.
      Greetings, Arian.
      Known Issues
      • FM Radio quality is worse then on stock, bit we can't do much without Sony's source probably. I am not working on that right now.
      • Disk Encryption: Disk Encryption is working, however not with the default password (no password). Workaround: Set password first, then start disk encryption, not the other way round!
      • You tell (with logs please)...

TWRP
      Download TWRP 3.3.1 for Xperia Z2!
      How to install this TWRP
      • Rename the downloaded twrp image to twrp.img
      • Reboot to fastboot by holding volume up while connecting your device to your computer
      • Open a terminal and go to the directory with TWRP in it
      • Type
        Code:
        fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
      • Boot into TWRP; while the device is powered off press the power and volume down button

A big THANK YOU to @OLDST4R for donating the Xperia Z2 to me!
      Good evening,
      I'm uploading a new build to https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sirius/lineage-17.1/ (should be available witin 15 minutes, sourceforge need to mirror it)
      Since it has been a while i don't have a changelog but D6502 should be supported now and the problem about forgetting time should be resolved.
      Please give feedback about D6502 and happy flashing!
      Good evening.
      I have uploaded a new build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...-17.1-20200514-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip/download

Assisted GPS should work now, that means a way faster fix should be available now as long as you have an internet connection, please report back about this.
      Happy flashing
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone