• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z2

Search This thread

Creeper123

Apr 23, 2015
Canada
Sony Xperia Z2
I am currently using the previous build of Lineage 17.1 by NeoArian and I installed Gapps by following the instructions on the LineageOS wiki. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning are disabled but Gogle Location Accuracy is enabled. I think that fine location (so in Google Maps) also worked when the latter was off. With my setup, location works. Hopefully the developer will fix the problem for those affected.

The only problem which I have is with (possibly) SystemUI. When turning on the phone's screen, it can sometimes take a while as the lockscreen seems to be reloading. You then get the animation of the lockscreen appearing. Thankfully notifications and media controls in the quick settings are not lost.

- I've experienced some problems related to mobile data last week, which had me rebooting or using airplane mode just to get things to load, but it was probably just my carrier being unstable.
I've also experienced a weird problem where Wifi and Mobile Data where shown as disabled on the UI but they were still active (apps could connect to the internet). This is what caused important standby battery drain in my first few days of use when I didn't know about the problem. I am unsure if Android recorded the mobile data used when the interface showed them as disabled.

Thank you NeoArian and the other people who are still using and caring for the Xperia Z2!

Reactions: thanhdz167

omaer_94

Aug 6, 2021
I have D6502 ,and I have installed the latest version of this OS , and my phone can't find Wi-Fi networks anymore.
Fix this problem Or write note "this version is not suitable foe D6502".

user-001

Can any of you tell me which version i am using? If it's d6502 or d6503. I had a twrp backup of original firmware but the backup refuses to boot.

And i have a problem of phone overheating even if the phone is performing simple task. This problem was in stock too. If anyone know how to fix that?

I tried flashing d6502 lollipop firmware but the problem is still there. and i cannot find marshmallow firmware for d6502. i remember this phone having marshmallow firmware.

and one more crucial detail, the wifi was working perfectly in previous 17.1 build. i want to solve the overheating problem so i need to figure out if it's d6502 or d6503 firmware to flash proper stock firmware.

Edit: i was able to restore the old twrp backup and my model was d6502. i will flash the new build and report the findings.

Last edited:

user-001

i booted the latest lineage 18.1 build fine through LOS recovery. Sim, wifi seems to be okay the modem seems to be fine if that is what modem does.

one problem it shows my device as d6503 in device info HW app but in stock one (the original backup which i installed) it showed d6502. now i am more confused which device i really have.

i haven't tested much for overheating. i set battery performance profile to efficiency. lets hope that does the trick.

Thankyou devs for supporting this device for this long.

Edit: In attached screenshot. i just wanted to show the model number not the error. and the scrambled part is imei which i tried to hide.

Attachments

• -2147483648_-210076.webp
    298 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    312.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
i booted the latest lineage 18.1 build fine through LOS recovery. Sim, wifi seems to be okay the modem seems to be fine if that is what modem does.

one problem it shows my device as d6503 in device info HW app but in stock one (the original backup which i installed) it showed d6502. now i am more confused which device i really have.

i haven't tested much for overheating. i set battery performance profile to efficiency. lets hope that does the trick.

Thankyou devs for supporting this device for this long.

Edit: In attached screenshot. i just wanted to show the model number not the error. and the scrambled part is imei which i tried to hide.
If you're unsure about your model: take a look at your phone's identification tag, which sits inside the microSD card compartment. Pull it out and see for yourself.

Which file inside microSD card exactly?

The restored twrp backup showed model as d6502. But i want to double check.
I'm not talking about a file, I'm talking about a physical tag which has a bunch of information that's specific to your phone, such as model number and IMEI, among others. Here's what you should be looking for:
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Also, you said...
Can any of you tell me which version i am using? If it's d6502 or d6503. I had a twrp backup of original firmware but the backup refuses to boot
You'll need to make sure your backup includes the kernel and recovery. If you're restoring a stock firmware backup which doesn't include these files, use FlashTool (not Emma) to flash just the kernel and fotakernel images by excluding everything else. See the attached pic.
howto.png

Last edited:
Reactions: user-001

user-001

I'm not talking about a file, I'm talking about a physical tag which has a bunch of information that's specific to your phone, such as model number and IMEI, among others. Here's what you should be looking for:
Thanks man.

Since this is not my phone. I just wanted to flash custom rom in old phone, i didn't know that.

I had never pulled out microSD slot.

Edit: and it is d6502

user-001

You'll need to make sure your backup includes the kernel and recovery. If you're restoring a stock firmware backup which doesn't include these files, use FlashTool (not Emma) to flash just the kernel and fotakernel images by excluding everything else. See the attached pic.
View attachment 5398615
Yes i did backup everything from twrp even though it was stock rom.
And i already flashed everything(for d6502) from flashtool.

For the heating issue the dev told that its the soc itself and i am not the only one having that issue.

Thanks man.
Since this is not my phone. I just wanted to flash custom rom in old phone, i didn't know that.
I had never pulled out microSD slot.
Edit: and it is d6502
I'm always glad to help.

Hope you get that phone back in working order. I wouldn't bother flashing custom ROMs on other people's phones unless they're so inclined, and I mean that as in: they're curious people who are willing to deal with the ocassional bugs and have their way around them. Stock .291 was pretty damn stable, leave it at that.

For the heating issue the dev told that its the soc itself and i am not the only one having that issue.
Trust me, this phone doesn't overheat that much, it could be worse, I have the Z5 Premium which literally becomes unusable unless I use thermal management tweaks haha.

Reactions: user-001

Rodney242

Sep 5, 2021
Hello Arian,

first of all thank you for LineageOS 17.1 (it made my Xperia great again :D). I was just wondering when can we expect an official release of lineage 18.1 ?

Best Regards
Good Morning everyone!
I have built a new update for sirius!
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...1/lineage-18.1-20210710-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip
Recommended recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sirius/lineage-18.1-20210710-RECOVERY-sirius.img

Changelog:
* Fixed regional WiFi issues
* Fixed offline charging (previously the backlight didn't turn off)
* Hopefully fixed modem on D6502
* A lot of lineage changes, including juny 2021 security patch

I plan on shipping official builds of lineage-18.1 for this device as soon as possible, but it would be awesome to get feedback from a D6502 user wether modem works on this build. To test it please use the recommended recovery and do not mount system manually in recovery. Just flash the zip in lineage recovery and report back.

Greetings, Arian.

phil_87

May 2, 2010
Hello, can you say me in the Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Z2 give it root with magisk? My Magisk actually will not function. Please help me. thank you.

I have super su preinstalled on custom Rom but not staisfied how can i install magisk (uninstalling super su) D6503 on stock rom
As I already said, try flashing Magisk v20.3 or an older release (such as v18) from TWRP. BTW I think your post is accidentally misquoting me haha.

I think we'll need a new thread for 18.1.
The official website tells us that LineageOS 18.1 has been released for Xperia Z2.
Check it out here:
Nice! Straight from the offical LineageOS download site! We'll have to wait for OP to create a new thread when the time is right.

Reactions: Creeper123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a difference between D6502 and D6503 ROM files? or same file can be used for either?
    No, you can flash the regular sirius builds on Z2 and it will install the D6502 modem firmware if your device is detected as D6502.
    Is there a work around to make GPS work on Lineage 18?
    FYI

The latest Lineage 18 Oct 6 build fixed GPS :)
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xpeira Z2.

Installation instructions
    Prerequisites:
    • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2
    • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
    • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
    Install:
    1. Reboot to TWRP. *
    2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
    3. Format data to get rid of encryption.
    4. Install ROM.
    5. Install 10.0 Gapps for ARM. **
    * recommended TWRP: Post #2
    ** optional

Update:
    • Get the latest build
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Flash the downloaded build
    • Reboot
    Note: If you don't wipe system, backuptool will reapply your modifications that support addon.d, for example: GApps.

Reporting bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for sirius, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    NeoArian
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 23.5.A.1.291

Version Information

Created 2020-02-21
    Last Updated 2020-07-30
    Hi everyone :)
    I am working on Android 11 for sony shinano currently and as some of you might know, my Z2 has a broken SIM-card slot. Hence i need your help to test if RIL works fine on this build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...0/lineage-18.0-20201205-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip
    This build is NOT ready to use yet, but most stuff should work fine.
    Greetings, Arian.
    Known Issues
    • FM Radio quality is worse then on stock, bit we can't do much without Sony's source probably. I am not working on that right now.
    • Disk Encryption: Disk Encryption is working, however not with the default password (no password). Workaround: Set password first, then start disk encryption, not the other way round!
    • You tell (with logs please)...

TWRP
    Download TWRP 3.3.1 for Xperia Z2!
    How to install this TWRP
    • Rename the downloaded twrp image to twrp.img
    • Reboot to fastboot by holding volume up while connecting your device to your computer
    • Open a terminal and go to the directory with TWRP in it
    • Type
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    • Boot into TWRP; while the device is powered off press the power and volume down button

A big THANK YOU to @OLDST4R for donating the Xperia Z2 to me!
    Good evening,
    I'm uploading a new build to https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sirius/lineage-17.1/ (should be available witin 15 minutes, sourceforge need to mirror it)
    Since it has been a while i don't have a changelog but D6502 should be supported now and the problem about forgetting time should be resolved.
    Please give feedback about D6502 and happy flashing!
    Good evening.
    I have uploaded a new build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...-17.1-20200514-UNOFFICIAL-sirius.zip/download

Assisted GPS should work now, that means a way faster fix should be available now as long as you have an internet connection, please report back about this.
    Happy flashing