LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 ALPHA

Search This thread

Conmauro24

Mar 12, 2019
I already received the update of 30 in my n5110 and the problem of the wifi I only have it in a router, the question is the following, I have 2 dual band routers the router that the provider brings connects perfectly having the different SSIDs connects well , the other router also has the different SSIDs but it generates a problem and does not connect,
The 3 router being only 2.4G connects well and fast. Anyway, I'm happy with the update and I never tire of thanking the developer who made it possible.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I already received the update of 30 in my n5110 and the problem of the wifi I only have it in a router, the question is the following, I have 2 dual band routers the router that the provider brings connects perfectly having the different SSIDs connects well , the other router also has the different SSIDs but it generates a problem and does not connect,
The 3 router being only 2.4G connects well and fast. Anyway, I'm happy with the update and I never tire of thanking the developer who made it possible.
Sometimes there are problems with PMF and WPA 3.

cngbrick

Apr 2, 2017
Ok, I don't know how to help yet, sorry.
I don't know if this is relevant, but I have an N5100 that I sourced from China (possibly a copy,) that had a locked modem I believe. It has been a few years that I have used it but I had some issues updating the firmware as some files could not be replaced using Odin.

RT

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I don't know if this is relevant, but I have an N5100 that I sourced from China (possibly a copy,) that had a locked modem I believe. It has been a few years that I have used it but I had some issues updating the firmware as some files could not be replaced using Odin.

RT
Ah OK, could you take a picture from the download mode?

PangJi

Apr 27, 2021
Is there have new version Rom download link?
I want to try to install the new version directly whether it can solve the WIFI problem.

Simo7

Feb 27, 2012
Hi guys, I have installed the rom today on my gt-n5110 and it works fine. I got 2 problems:
1. I tried to install MindTheGapps 11 ARM but failed (tried to install the entire system 2 times). It's a rom problem or gapps problem?
2. I tried to flash superSu 2.8.2, the last version, using TWRP but I can't get root. Any suggestion?
Anyway thanks to the dev! ;)

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Is there have new version Rom download link?
I want to try to install the new version directly whether it can solve the WIFI problem.
I'm sorry, there's no direct link, AFH wasn't working and it's still having problems with uploading.
1. I tried to install MindTheGapps 11 ARM but failed (tried to install the entire system 2 times). It's a rom problem or gapps problem?
Why? Read the first post.
2. I tried to flash superSu 2.8.2, the last version, using TWRP but I can't get root. Any suggestion?
SuperSu had it's good time, this won't work anymore, use Magisk instead of. (Download magisk.apk and flash it in TWRP)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n51xx on LineageOS 18.1.
    Don't forget, this is an alpha build, so you will face bugs and don't expect a fully functioning ROM,
    this ROM is not finished and may not be able to be used as a daily driver,
    for this I would recommend my LOS 16.0 version or /e/.

At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.
    For sure there are many other people who did there work, it's open source and this is the reason why android
    is great in general.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, 3D fix is not working, navigation did work fine for me.
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter (IR Blaster)
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps test versions
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk, Selinux is disabled.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this makes only sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2021-04-26
    Last Updated 2021-05-04
    Update 30.04.2021::
    • Implemented logic to set the correct device SN
    • Added many Selinux rules
    • Fixed sleep bug in Kernel, now the device will deep sleep :), this was hard to find out and took a long time, but now you can proceed testing.
    Via OTA and AFH.
    I give storage permission to access, device rebooted. the telegram saves only some jpg pictures. all other attempts to save make the file length zero. the system for some reason prohibits saving files. very often the device itself reboots or turns off and only long-term holding of the power key helps
    Аfter much suffering and desire to return to LineageOS 16 due to Telegram problems, I discovered the following:
    1. Open Telegram and minimize (do not close).
    2. Go to the system settings, turn off and then turn on the permission to access files for Telegram
    3. We return to the minimized Telegram and then all files are saved normally.
    Saving (accessing files) will work fine until Telegram is closed or the tablet is rebooted.
    Where and how to fix this, I do not know (
    Update 28.04.2021:
    • Introduced triple buffering for a smoother experience
    • Implemented button to switch off stylus icon hovering
    • Many Kernel back ports made
    • Brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this will fix for example YouTube kids crash
    • Security patch level 05.04.2021
    • Enabled fast charging
    • Much more small fixes / optimizations
    • I'm facing a new shutdown bug with this version, I will work on this the next day's / week's, please report me if it is the same behaviour in your case.
    非常感謝你。
    它將發布N5100版本嗎?
    Please write in english, if you can't, use google translate ;).
    I will publish a N5100 version today or tomorrow, it depends on my spare time I will have.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone