LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 treblelized BETA FINAL EOL

Search This thread

Crenoir

Jan 14, 2012
Update 09.01.2022:
  • Fixed tethering
  • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
  • Some tweaks
  • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
  • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
  • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock (I will leave 1600 MHz as common)
  • Enabled dex preopt
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources from december
  • Fixed shutdown / reboot behaviour with installed magisk
  • Set swappiness to 60
  • Fixed SIM-PIN unlock issue (n5100)
  • maybe more...
How to use 1704 MHz? Thanks

html6405

Recognized Developer
Reactions: Hiero

dangtenvu

Jan 20, 2022
i can't connect the charger when the rom is installed. Only when the device is completely empty can the battery be charged, when the device is powered off

croldan72

Dec 20, 2010
Is GPS supposed to be working on the 5110 with the January update? I updated and my GPS stopped working. Reverted back to the previous Nov build and GPS was working again...

HDtracer

Sep 26, 2014
It should work, could some one else check on this?
Thanks for keeping this tablet alive. It runs the best it ever has with this rom (GT-N5110). GPS works fine as well.
Only small issue I have is charging is extremely slow, 12 hours or so from 20% to 100% charge. Any ideas?
I remember there was a boeffla kernel for some of the old lineage os that had a fix for charging, but he gave up on it years ago.

mohammsh

Jan 1, 2017
why gapps 120mb pack (arm 11 pico micro )couldnt install on tablet?? no enough memory warning on recovery install. i need google play . but couldnt install it. how to solve it? tnx

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
why gapps 120mb pack (arm 11 pico micro )couldnt install on tablet?? no enough memory warning on recovery install. i need google play . but couldnt install it. how to solve it?
I solved this issue on my 5110 by using MindTheGapps available at http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps. Although that package is even bigger, its "smart" installer script would install only the minimal Google Play components which fit in the remaining available space in /system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n51xx on LineageOS 18.1.
    Don't forget, this is a early beta build, so you will face bugs and don't expect a fully functioning ROM,
    this ROM is not finished and may not be able to be used as a daily driver,
    for this I would recommend my LOS 16.0 version or /e/.

At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.
    For sure there are many other people who did there work, it's open source and this is the reason why android
    is great in general.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter (IR Blaster)
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk, Selinux is disabled.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

If you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
    • adb shell (or use TWRP's terminal)
    • bash /data/param_restore.sh
    • reboot
    • Uploaded a prepared package to build your own boot picture
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.X
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this makes only sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-04-26
    Last Updated 2022-04-19
    Update 20.08.2021:
    • treblelized n5100 and n5110
    • Successfully booted up some GSI's
    • WIFI and RIL fixes for AOSP
    • Included permissions for signature spoofing
    • Disabled wallpaper zoom ( lowered max scale for the wallpaper when it's zoomed in )
    • Inserted parted for re-partitioning, this will be necessary for most GSI's in future (just a single process, it will persist).
    • Inserted a fixgsi script, with this we are able to boot up most android 11 GSI's (but most of them will not be stable without my patches).
    • Implemented mdnie outdoor mode support (with dummy tables)
    • RIL fixes, to improve compatibility with more GSI's
    • Kernel: cherrypicked some patches
    • Security patch level 05.08.2021
    • Fixed colorfade bug
    • Some small optimization fixes in framework
    • Wrote about hundred selinux rules, I think we can switch to enforcing soon, testers are welcome
    • Fixed mouse cursor bug, it was absent when the stylus icon was activated
    • Changed stylus icon to bigger one from n7105 stock
    • Updated the boot picture, if you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
      • adb shell (or use TWRP's terminal)
      • bash /data/param_restore.sh
      • reboot
    • Uploaded a prepared package to build your own boot picture
    Update 24.08.2021:
    • Fixed nvram path for n5110, I forgot to change the path in the kernel.
    I love the OS and am happy for the project. My appreciation for your work and effort to give us this experience. I have tried the os for sometime now and only the problem I have is random shutdown and sometimes unexpected restart. There is also a problem with my phone when using lineage 16 and 18 altogether with whatsapp video call, the app cant start the cameras during the call but receives the callers video.
    Am using gn5100
    Ok thx for your report,
    I've never tried Whatsapp on these devices.
    I'm working much on /e/ at the moment, after this I can concentrate on LOS again.
    think.Any fix for this?or hardware issues?
    Not really a hardware issue, the system is much more complex and uses more resources,
    at some point this device can't do better.
    But I will conentrate on this and try to improve the smoothness as good as possible.
    (You can't imagine how bad it was before tripple buffering :D)
    Update 28.04.2021:
    • Introduced triple buffering for a smoother experience
    • Implemented button to switch off stylus icon hovering
    • Many Kernel back ports made
    • Brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this will fix for example YouTube kids crash
    • Security patch level 05.04.2021
    • Enabled fast charging
    • Much more small fixes / optimizations
    • I'm facing a new shutdown bug with this version, I will work on this the next day's / week's, please report me if it is the same behaviour in your case.