• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 treblelized BETA

Search This thread

DeaTl

May 13, 2021
Is it me alone experiencing some random restart, and sometimes when I shutdown it turn itself on like I have done a reboot. The style and wallpaper when choosing a different image, it crashes but after reboot it work. When booting, the booting screen starts from corner then goes at the center.

But all in all, thanks for the good work. I love the ROM so much. 👏

Is it me alone experiencing some random restart, and sometimes when I shutdown it turn itself on like I have done a reboot. The style and wallpaper when choosing a different image, it crashes but after reboot it work. When booting, the booting screen starts from corner then goes at the center.

But all in all, thanks for the good work. I love the ROM so much. 👏
i think it's just beacuse the battery on these ancient devices are fully c̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅo̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅo̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅk̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅe̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅd̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅ

DeaTl

May 13, 2021
i think it's just beacuse the battery on these ancient devices are fully c̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅo̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅo̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅk̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅe̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅd̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̱̲̳̹̺̻̼͇͈͉͍͎͓͔͕͖͙͚̣̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̤̥̦̩̪̫̬̭̮̯̰̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̍̎̄̅̿̑̆̐͒͗͑̇̈̊͂̓̈́͊͋͌̃̂̌͐̀́̋̏̒̓̔̽̉ͣͤͥͦͧͨͩͪͫͬͭͮͯ̾͛͆̚̚ͅͅ
But on L16 and e os it works just fine

tuthanika

Apr 30, 2011
After trying to find the error, I managed to fix it. First wipe full and flash rom /e/ then boot into /e/. Then wipe full and flash rom 16.0. Internal storage error has been fixed. If wipe full and flash rom 18.1 then wipe full and flash rom 16.0 the error occurs again.

@html6405 [N5100]
Hi.
Tried your rum the other day LOS 18.1.
The errors are as follows:
1)Butanimation flies to the right
2)The problem with saving pictures in a telegram.
3)Telegram itself lags terribly that it is impossible to use it.
4)Unexpected system reboot when using OpenGaps pico arm
5)Pixels are visible in the control panel, as if the fonts are dead.
6)At the first setup, with services from Google, it is not possible to configure the wifi, an error crashes.
7)It is not possible to take a photo, the camera works but the photo button does not work in the application.
8)I am faced with the problem of a restart, or a bootlap, I can not catch this log, after 20 minutes of setting and using, this problem is triggered.

Reactions: 334k

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
Hmm ok, then you could check if you're having a dualband router, that 2,4GHz and 5GHz are using a different SSID,
this could also cause such a problem.
Otherwise if wifi is working fine with your mobile hotspot, I'm not sure where the problem could come from yet.
I did some tests with my router. WPA 3 seems to be an issue. Switching off WPA 3 and reverting to WPA 2 solves the connecting problems. I do not have the same problem with the 16.0 version

Reactions: XdaFoxygen

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,
just a question I'm using LOS16 which seems to use linux kernel 3.0 (3.0.101-lineage-g4a275d667719-dirty)
For a tool I'm using (linux-deploy) a minimum version of 3.2 s required to work properly.
Does LOS 18 embed a newer kernel ? If not would there be a way on Note 8 to get newer kernel...?
Thanks for help.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
For a tool I'm using (linux-deploy) a minimum version of 3.2 s required to work properly.
If you could tell me what the tool need's exactly, then maybe I could backport the needed functions.
If not would there be a way on Note 8 to get newer kernel...?
The long hard way would be to mainline the Kernel which would be a real big challenge to get everything working,
or what's also possible is to upgrade the Kernel to 3.4.

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
If you could tell me what the tool need's exactly, then maybe I could backport the needed functions.

The long hard way would be to mainline the Kernel which would be a real big challenge to get everything working,
Yes having a 3.4 kernel is what I meant.

FYI here is what I was referring to link :

It uses a tool called `proot` which fails with old kernel.
On this issue, the last comment says:

Code:
Lineage recently updated the FP kernel to 3.4.113 and now proot works.

so i was wondering if uprading my sysem from LOS16 to LOS18 would solve it, but apparently not?

erkh n5100

Sep 19, 2015

I am not aware of the effort that it might take to port everything to 3.4, but if there is some time to be spent, why not go to at least a not EOL'd kernel? (that is if going mainline is just too much work to do)

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I am not aware of the effort that it might take to port everything to 3.4, but if there is some time to be spent, why not go to at least a not EOL'd kernel? (that is if going mainline is just too much work to do)
Because it would take really much time to get a 3.4 Kernel which would work at least as good as the 3.0.101 one.
Many other dev's were using a 3.4 Kernel for some exynos4 devices, but all of them went back to the 3.0.101 state.
I guess if I would work some day's on this, we would have a 3.4 Kernel with maybe new introduced issues, I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort.
I'm maintaining many devices and have already a limited time for myself.

Maybe I will do the upgrade at the end of the year, but at first there are plenty of other issues which need to get solved.

mutonic

Feb 17, 2012
Because it would take really much time to get a 3.4 Kernel which would work at least as good as the 3.0.101 one.
Many other dev's were using a 3.4 Kernel for some exynos4 devices, but all of them went back to the 3.0.101 state.
I guess if I would work some day's on this, we would have a 3.4 Kernel with maybe new introduced issues, I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort.

Maybe I will do the upgrade at the end of the year, but at first there are plenty of other issues which need to get solved.
ok I understand. this device is quite old and having recent version of android is allready good ..
kernel 3.4 would be a plus for running linux dist
meanwhile will probably use another device with more recent kernel

erkh n5100

Sep 19, 2015
ok I understand. this device is quite old and having recent version of android is allready good ..
kernel 3.4 would be a plus for running linux dist
meanwhile will probably use another device with more recent kernel
In any case, if you only need a handful of programs, chances are you can build them manually and run them natively from `/data/local/tmp`. Did this with some golang code I had written myself and got zero issues running code compiled for ARMv7/Linux (not android!)

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
I did some tests with my router. WPA 3 seems to be an issue. Switching off WPA 3 and reverting to WPA 2 solves the connecting problems. I do not have the same problem with the 16.0 version
For WPA3 problems, this commit might be needed for the N51xx.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_jf-common/+/296745

I had to compile it into all the 18.1 roms that I build. So @html6405 will have to do the same if this is the problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thx, this is already imported since two month's, but I can't test it.
    @TibReg , since html6405 already put the code in, try setting this parameter on your router "802.11w Management Frame Protection" to optional for WPA3 security. This parameter is available on openwrt 21.02, but it's equivlaent may be available in dd-wrt or stock firmware?
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the n51xx on LineageOS 18.1.
    Don't forget, this is a early beta build, so you will face bugs and don't expect a fully functioning ROM,
    this ROM is not finished and may not be able to be used as a daily driver,
    for this I would recommend my LOS 16.0 version or /e/.

At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome and all the others who are working on the exynos 4 devices, also big thanks to @prkfsz for donating me a n5120 and also the shipping cost.
    Also big thx to @cngbrick for donating a n5100.
    For sure there are many other people who did there work, it's open source and this is the reason why android
    is great in general.

It already took me a few hundred hours and it will become more and more to support you with great updates.
    it's mostly based on my work on for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N80XX) devices.

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Main camera
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, 3D fix is not working, navigation did work fine for me.
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter (IR Blaster)
    Sensors
    • Bluetooth headset in a mobile call
    • Some apps because of decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

If you want to pass the safety net check, root your device with magisk, Selinux is disabled.

If you are using a SIM-Card, make sure that you disable the PIN,
    sometimes there are problems with unlocking.
    This could disable your SIM card.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this makes only sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-04-26
    Last Updated 2021-08-26
    Update 20.08.2021:
    • treblelized n5100 and n5110
    • Successfully booted up some GSI's
    • WIFI and RIL fixes for AOSP
    • Included permissions for signature spoofing
    • Disabled wallpaper zoom ( lowered max scale for the wallpaper when it's zoomed in )
    • Inserted parted for re-partitioning, this will be necessary for most GSI's in future (just a single process, it will persist).
    • Inserted a fixgsi script, with this we are able to boot up most android 11 GSI's (but most of them will not be stable without my patches).
    • Implemented mdnie outdoor mode support (with dummy tables)
    • RIL fixes, to improve compatibility with more GSI's
    • Kernel: cherrypicked some patches
    • Security patch level 05.08.2021
    • Fixed colorfade bug
    • Some small optimization fixes in framework
    • Wrote about hundred selinux rules, I think we can switch to enforcing soon, testers are welcome
    • Fixed mouse cursor bug, it was absent when the stylus icon was activated
    • Changed stylus icon to bigger one from n7105 stock
    • Maybe more...
    Update 24.08.2021:
    • Fixed nvram path for n5110, I forgot to change the path in the kernel.
    I love the OS and am happy for the project. My appreciation for your work and effort to give us this experience. I have tried the os for sometime now and only the problem I have is random shutdown and sometimes unexpected restart. There is also a problem with my phone when using lineage 16 and 18 altogether with whatsapp video call, the app cant start the cameras during the call but receives the callers video.
    Am using gn5100
    Ok thx for your report,
    I've never tried Whatsapp on these devices.
    I'm working much on /e/ at the moment, after this I can concentrate on LOS again.
    think.Any fix for this?or hardware issues?
    Not really a hardware issue, the system is much more complex and uses more resources,
    at some point this device can't do better.
    But I will conentrate on this and try to improve the smoothness as good as possible.
    (You can't imagine how bad it was before tripple buffering :D)
    Update 28.04.2021:
    • Introduced triple buffering for a smoother experience
    • Implemented button to switch off stylus icon hovering
    • Many Kernel back ports made
    • Brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this will fix for example YouTube kids crash
    • Security patch level 05.04.2021
    • Enabled fast charging
    • Much more small fixes / optimizations
    • I'm facing a new shutdown bug with this version, I will work on this the next day's / week's, please report me if it is the same behaviour in your case.