LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N8000 GT-N8005 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 Alpha

Search This thread

raggatip

Dec 13, 2007
I'm using the N8000 here. Thanks for this!. Amazing to breath new life into an old device. On the whole it is working very well. I was browsing some photos using Simple Gallery App and on about the fourth photo the OS crashed and restarted. This has happened twice so far. They're fairly large jpegs so that may be an issue. I tried lineageos 16 and in order to use the automatic wifi login the GPS had to be on! So I skipped that version and went straight on to this one.

Point to note: I'm using twrp-3.5.0_9-1-n8000 I tried the later versions but none would recognize zip file within the Fat32 formatted MicroSD card.

rsnunez

May 6, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
You just have to read, 17 was only a test version, 18 will be more and more usable, but it's still alpha.

pico is recommended,

Ok which one? There's only one bug known.

Adobe reader is not compatible with our LineageOS ROM's, this affects all exynos4 devices,
but there are many other readers you can use.

LineageOS 16.0 should be good for the next years :), there will be also still updates from my side and LOS 18.1 will also improve with the time :).
The main, the back camera. No fuss. I really do not need it. I have the cell phone camera which is far better, so, I simply assume I will not use it. And, as you can see with the screen captures, that function works well, although it is kind of odd to use the on/off button for that. The way it was before with an area all the way down in the notification bar, was easier to access.
What is your best suggestion for a pdf reader? That is one of the reasons I love the GT-N8010, it is so good to use it to read pdfs and ebooks, the screen is just great.
Thanks a lot. I was not that careful when I went for 18 and 17. Before trying yours, I tried some video from youtube (
) which is not really that careful with the instructions (as you are) but that kind of gave me the first push to attempt something like this. That installation was also very unstable, BTW. I came to yours because of how unstable was this dude's distro. He never replied my questions there and I got over google and that is how I got to you. I had never rooted an android device. I am not a technician or a scientist. I am a sociologist, so for me all this is really new. So, I was looking for something better and your 16 is certainly far better than this dude's 14, and your instructions (unlike his) are very clear, even for someone like me who had never done something like this.
And, again, What is your suggestion for a PDF reader?
Thank you very much.

kcfong2

Apr 11, 2004
N8013: Just tried to install mindthegapps (and also tried test release of opengapps nano) after install of 0430 ROM. TWRP (3.4 all the way to the latest 3.5.2) reports "Could not mount /mnt/system". I've tried mounting system, and reformatting system to ext4, but cannot install gapps. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Looks like opengapps nano and mindthegapps are too big. Opengapps Pico worked.

Last edited:

aliveday

May 5, 2021
what exactly isn't working in your case?
Screenshot_20210510-175134_Settings.png

SagazBH

Dec 1, 2017
I appreciate your great work. I'm using your latest version for the n8020. It is now possible to enter the settings and the wifi seems to work better too.

The problem is due to constant reboots. This makes the use of the device unviable.

Sorry for bad English. thanks

GalaxySUser

Sep 6, 2010
I've just replaced Android 7 on this tablet with your Rom - it works brilliantly. Amazing for a 9 year old design. Great work.
I may have found a bug for you - internet video. Whilst I can play videos locally and on LAN, and from youtube, on many other sites and apps e.g. the BBC website and news app, video doesn't work. I've tried Firefox and brave browsers which worked under Android 7.

Alexfs

Oct 7, 2014
Good afternoon,
I want to thank you for the great job. I know you have been working hard to make Lineage 16 more stable for everyday use. But I think that when you can dedicate yourself more to this rom it will be one of your best jobs, because even though Alfa is with good stability and the battery consumption is lower than in the other roms.
Taking advantage of this topic, if Don Carnage is following this development, I would just like to know if he abandoned the Lineage 18 program with updated Kernel 5 or we may be surprised at some point with another rom for our beloved tablet.

osamamousa

Mar 9, 2011
Update 28.04.2021:
  • Introduced triple buffering for a smoother experience
  • Implemented button to switch off stylus icon hovering
  • Many Kernel backports made
  • Brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this will fix for example youtube kids crash
  • Security patch level 05.04.2021
  • Much more small fixes / optimizations
For N8000 only, N8010 and N8020 will follow.
Can you please send me a latest links for n8000 and if possible video to learn me how to do

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
The problem is due to constant reboots. This makes the use of the device unviable.
It still could take month's to eliminate all the kernel crashes,
but what you all could to is, create a last_kmsg after a crash and send it to me,
this would help me a lot.
I really don't have the time to play around with our devices, I'm working on 10 devices at the moment and also have a job.
I've tried Firefox and brave browsers which worked under Android 7.
How is it with the integrated Jelly and Via browser?
I will try bbc.
I want to thank you for the great job. I know you have been working hard to make Lineage 16 more stable for everyday use. But I think that when you can dedicate yourself more to this rom it will be one of your best jobs, because even though Alfa is with good stability and the battery consumption is lower than in the other roms.
I would if there would be more time.
I also have to work much to live like everybody else, the next thing is that I don't know if I ever will be able to solve all issues,
I try it step by step.
Good morning. Can you please send me the final links and if possible video to learn me how to do it. My device GT N8000
Like I've replied you in our PM and in the LOS 16.0 thread, the links are in the start post,
but I think LOS 16.0 would be better for you, because this is an alpha test ROM.

cybertorr

Apr 9, 2016
Hello there. First, I'd like to thank you for such a good work. I just had one problem, the MicroSD card that I used with the stock ROM first seemed to be correctly recognized, and then, after asking me the purpose of it with your ROM, it keeps restarting the Tablet. Only removing it solves the problem. I tried formatting it as FAT32 and NTFS, but in the moment I insert it again, the reboot immediately happens. What do you think the issue is?

GalaxySUser

Sep 6, 2010
Apologies - looks like this was a red herring

"How is it with the integrated Jelly and Via browser?
I will try bbc."

Today, fine. All of it. I'm guessing something in the networking stack had crashed when I was testing it last, as I was also having trouble with the LAN. Now all is sweet.

Normal situation - feel ill, book a Drs appointment, miracle cure just as you walk into their office...

Thanks for checking it out.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I tried formatting it as FAT32 and NTFS, but in the moment I insert it again, the reboot immediately happens. What do you think the issue is?
I'm not sure, but you could try to use exfat, this should be compatible.
Apologies - looks like this was a red herring

"How is it with the integrated Jelly and Via browser?
I will try bbc."

Today, fine. All of it. I'm guessing something in the networking stack had crashed when I was testing it last, as I was also having trouble with the LAN. Now all is sweet.

Normal situation - feel ill, book a Drs appointment, miracle cure just as you walk into their office...

Thanks for checking it out.
ok great, BBC did work in my case fine, but I would not wonder if there are sometimes bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20210606-212426_Treble_Info.png
    GT-N8000 successfully trebleized!

It was much work to get there, stay prepared for more great news :).
    is it possible to upgrade without having to start from scratch again?
    Hi, the Update should work via OTA, you don't have to do much more.
    (If you're using opengapps, Bitgapps doesn't support OTA)
    OTA means over the air, you just have to go to settings, system, updater and there should be an update available.
    You just have to download it and choose install.
    I've also seen another strange behavior... every time i turn off the device it reboots and then when i turn it off again it turns off... this happens all the times
    I don't know why this happens, it's also happens sometimes with my device, I will try to debug also this when there's time left.
    Can you pls help ? As sometimes when I turn on the tab suddenly a white bright screen comes on it and screen burn takes place. It doesn't get removed until I plug in the charger and screen burn remains until a reboot
    This is the known screen highlightning bug,
    I still wasn't able to fix this.
    . Any way to prevent it and is it damaging the display ???
    Not yet, but it won't harm your display (LCD), the crystalls will regenerate by themselves.
    after flashing twrp uaing tha Android app my tablet stuck on downloading don't turn off target and i cant reboot any help
    Did you check the downloaded file? (image size and md5 sum)
    If it's faulty, than your devices will boot into download mode if you try to boot into recovery.
    Then you have to use a PC and reflash the recovery image.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my preview build version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which helped me a lot to bring this up.

This is a preview build, so don't install it if you want a stable rom and don't report my already listet bugs!

I'm working nearly every day on our N80xx devices, because LOS18 runs much smoother than LOS17.1, I will continue here.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
    • Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • consumerir transmitter
    • Stylus with gestures and hovering icon
    • sec keyboard dock
    • RIL on N8000 (mobile connection)
    • much more...
    • Video recording with both cameras
    • Power off charging animation fixed
    • GPS
    • LiveDisplay
    • Magisk Root fixed
    • OTA Updates
    • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
    • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture (reopen app or lower resolution)
    • Random reboots
    • Maybe more
    • N8020: RIL
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps test versions
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.4.0
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2020-12-21
    Last Updated 2021-04-30
    This ROM is alpha, nobody can force me to bring any updates,
    I'm doing this in my freetime, so be thankful if you get something.

I will proceed here as soon as I will have time, I didn't have LOS16.0 completed and I'm working hard to provide you a stable ROM.
    LOS 16.0 is our major version, on LOS18.1 is much more work todo and much more framework hackings to get LOS18.1 as good compatible as possible.

I'm overtaking many things I make for LOS16.0 to 18.1, but this take's time.
    I hate it if I get stressed, so please be patent or do it by your own,
    this takes really much time, debugging, try things and so on.
    Update 15.01.2020, N8000:
    • Fixed a problem with mobile data
    • Improved GPS, but it's still not perfect
    • Another stability fix
    Only via OTA.
    Update 14.01.2021:
    • many stability fixes in kernel
    • many net back ports to improve kernel compatibility
    • improved performance
    • fixed audio and video recording
    • fixed samsung doze
    • Volume button wakeup crash fixed
    And again, don't forget to reflash BitGapps...
    New TWRP builds are up :).