LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N8000 GT-N8005 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 Alpha

Kasaijaa

Jan 24, 2021
Thank you for this, it's has really brought Life in my tab n8000 , however with bitgapps it was a bit slow . I had to forego them and reflashed without them. Now the tab flying like a war plane. However another issue after the ota update was my screen could turn entirely black from the edges until I couldn't see anything on the screen.i was scared but restarting The tab could solve the problem however it could come back like 5 times a day. Good chance I got a solution shortly.disabling Auto brightness eliminated the issue.now am happy enjoying android version which even New flag ship owners haven't smelled even.am grateful.

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
I think it has some heating issue? After installation my tab always become hot after some browsing. Any ideas of this please?
Hmm I didn't recognized this, how hot is hot? Its OK if it gets a little bit warm while browsing, but if your battery is dying also very fast, then theres something wrong.
How did you install the rom?

maurizio19

Apr 22, 2015
Thank you for this rom. Many thanks to the dev. Installed with opengapps pico and everything seems to work well. Only had one reboots while opening the browser. Faster and smoother than all the roms installed in the last 3 years. I installed all roms released for N8000.

Reactions: html6405

Kasaijaa

Jan 24, 2021
Another issue this morning I woke up and my internal storage was used up I normally put nothing on internal storage for samsung phones in order to run smooth. It's telling me android system has used up 13gb I have attached the screenshot.i have tried to wipe cache in recovery but no help.
IMG_20210124_141032_579.jpg

Reactions: beratoryum

Christian Rei

Feb 9, 2016
Hmm I didn't recognized this, how hot is hot? Its OK if it gets a little bit warm while browsing, but if your battery is dying also very fast, then theres something wrong.
How did you install the rom?
Thru twrp, i install the rom then bitgapps, my other concern is the black shade around the edge of the screen, how to fix that and lastly, whybthe screen is always on?

Kasaijaa

Jan 24, 2021
Good afternoon,
I was not successful in installing the Rom on the N8000, it just stays on the boot screen and does not start the system.
First format The system in recovery. With your rom files ready on SD card. Perform entire format.advanced wipe tick internal memory as well. Then install avoid gapps first

sHehaBUro

Jan 24, 2021
Thank you for this ROM. It is very nice and running smooth so far for a 2 gigs of ram tab other than that , there are some bugs that i am sure that could be fixed . but i wanted to ask if there is any addition for ( the S pen ) functionality ?
Again , marvelous work on this rom sir .

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
i have tried to wipe cache in recovery but no help.
Hmm this is strange, have magisk installed and are you up to date?
When was the last time, that you've made a real clean installation?
(with data and system wipe?)
Thru twrp, i install the rom then bitgapps, my other concern is the black shade around the edge of the screen, how to fix that and lastly,
This will disappear by its own, because we are having a LCD.
I think the screen is only on after the first boot?
I dont have any device at the moment to check things...
but i wanted to ask if there is any addition for ( the S pen ) functionality ?
Hmm what do you mean? Some extra functionality or what?
But if you mean this, there are no plans at the moment.

Christian Rei

Feb 9, 2016
I will still observe and give feedback until tom if the issue is still there in the lcd. I hope it will disappear soon because it was my nth time rebooting my device.

html6405

Jan 15, 2016
I will still observe and give feedback until tom if the issue is still there in the lcd. I hope it will disappear soon because it was my nth time rebooting my device.
I cant promise anything, and don't forget, it's still alpa.
But I will continue in February, at the moment there isnt much time.

Last edited: