LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 for GT-N8000 GT-N8005 GT-N8010 GT-N8013 GT-N8020 Beta

Search This thread

pigliang

Aug 23, 2015
is there anyone facing the strange problem? many apps always crashed (could not open it then force close, some apps could open but have no response) after the tablet using for a while. the solve method is reboot the device, but it will appear again and again... the same settings and apps installed on android 9 and android 11, but android 9 without any problem

html6405

Recognized Developer
The latest version of ROM (20220107) greatly shortens the standby time (no SIM card is inserted, only WIFI is connected) ...
Which device do you have?
You have to create a bugreport
(adb bugreport),
then I can tell you what's causing a wake lock.
The compass is not showing correct positioning and is extremely erratic. Its a shame cause the stock rom is just too old to run most apps and this rom as fantastic for everything else
The compass works like it does on LOS 16.0, it may not be perfect, and the hal may not fit 100% for this device.
is there anyone facing the strange problem? many apps always crashed (could not open it then force close, some apps could open but have no response) after the tablet using for a while. the solve method is reboot the device, but it will appear again and again... the same settings and apps installed on android 9 and android 11, but android 9 without any problem
It would be greate if you could create a log with the syslog app if you're facing issues, maybe I can help.

ssnnmm

Dec 13, 2021
Sorry I didn't make it clear, my machine is N8000, in the same situation: flashed the latest version of ROM (20220107), its standby time is not more than one day (no SIM card inserted, only connected to WIFI), change back to the previous version of ROM (20220106) Standby is normal.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Sorry I didn't make it clear, my machine is N8000, in the same situation: flashed the latest version of ROM (20220107), its standby time is not more than one day (no SIM card inserted, only connected to WIFI), change back to the previous version of ROM (20220106) Standby is normal.
I'm using the same version on my n8000 as a daily driver, my battery is good enough for one week, but I'm using SleepyWifi app btw.
Anyway, I need a bugreport, there could be many reasons.
Did you check with CPU-Spy if your device does deep sleep?
If not, the problems sometimes solves itself, google services could be a reason for example.

ssnnmm

Dec 13, 2021
I'm using the same version on my n8000 as a daily driver, my battery is good enough for one week, but I'm using SleepyWifi app btw.
Anyway, I need a bugreport, there could be many reasons.
Did you check with CPU-Spy if your device does deep sleep?
If not, the problems sometimes solves itself, google services could be a reason for example.
Google services are not installed. Regarding the bug report, I'm sorry I don't understand the operation...

html6405

Recognized Developer

pigliang

Aug 23, 2015
Which device do you have?
You have to create a bugreport
(adb bugreport),
then I can tell you what's causing a wake lock.

The compass works like it does on LOS 16.0, it may not be perfect, and the hal may not fit 100% for this device.

It would be greate if you could create a log with the syslog app if you're facing issues, maybe I can help.

Attachments

• 2022-01-20_12.55.zip
    490.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2022-01-20_12.56.zip
    486.3 KB · Views: 9

Rehan786.

Jan 23, 2022
Firs of all this is a very good slide for those persons who can't afford a new device but can still run the good and stable version of Android but i ha e been using lineage 16 on Samsung gt n8xx but i saw a bug the yellow the screen and which GApps should i use for the linage 18 pls do no recommend the test version

html6405

Recognized Developer
Firs of all this is a very good slide for those persons who can't afford a new device but can still run the good and stable version of Android but i ha e been using lineage 16 on Samsung gt n8xx but i saw a bug the yellow the screen and which GApps should i use for the linage 18 pls do no recommend the test version

pico.

caspase123

Jan 24, 2022

ep3

Mar 25, 2007
Is there a way to get samsung notes back and syned with samsung account? Thanks and amazing work you're doing here. Brining back second life for ancient devices rather than landfill.

Reactions: RETIEF

IT Tech

Coming from Lineage 16 (Android 9) and was Testing using the following:

* GT-N8013
* TWRP 3.5.2_9-1
* lineage-16.0-20210713-HTML6405-n8010 (Works for N8013 as well)
* open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20210723
* Magisk 23.0 (23000) ROOTED [Root Checker Pro]
* ROM Passes SafteyNet Check
* Battery replaced two years ago

@html6405 , just figured I would let you know I had been running the 16 ROM (at your suggestion) since the release of the 20210713 ROM. The 18 ROM was not stable at the time and had the lightning bug issue and other bugs as well and since then I saw people still having issues over the last several months so I decided to stay with the 16 ROM. So about a week ago the tablet battery drained all the way down and it shut down. When I tried to turn it on it just booted directly into the TWRP Recovery and I received a "failed to mount system" error (No OS installed, No Partition). I saw similar posts where people were having similar issues once the battery ran down. I decided to give the 18 ROM a try.

I know I could post this in the 16 forum but since I moved on to the 18 ROM, thought I would just let you know by posting this info here.

Currently Testing:

* GT-N8013
* TWRP 3.5.2_9-1
* lineage-18.1-20220106-HTML6405-n8010 (Works for N8013 as well)
* open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211207
* Magisk - 5f4cd50c (23017) (23) ROOTED [Root Checker Pro]
* ROM Does NOT Pass SafteyNet Check
* Battery replaced two years ago

So far I have NOT allowed the battery to run all the way down since installing the 18.1-20220106 ROM. As a matter of fact it has been pretty much plugged in all the time. The battery drain issues and not proper reading of the actual battery % has been an issue (1-20% remaining causing shutdown) since Nougat. I have experienced shutdown issues. I tried replacing my battery two years ago as stated above.

Observations:

1) I have many "paid" apps that I install manually (not from the Play Store) once the ROM is flashed and stable. As mentioned from a member about apps not working properly, when I install the paid apps they will install but when first launched they crash until I reboot then they run properly.

2) After the ROM is installed while going through the initial setup it does not connect to the wifi network and you receive a message that it can not connect and you have to hit the back button and it will then connect to your wifi. I have experienced this on other Lineage ROMs for the N8013 and phones as well.

3) I do not like the swipe up feature to go to the "Home Page" or the right to left swipe to "Go Back" I find them cumbersome and always getting in the way. I change those settings to show the BACK-HOME-RECENT buttons at the bottom of the screen.

4) I mainly use the tablet in "Landscape Mode". The "Favorites Tray" appears on the right side of the screen instead of the bottom of screen (in landscape mode).

5) I have had apps crash / reboot the system multiple times

Outside of these issues the ROM seems to run fairly well and No lightning bug issues.

Many thanks to @html6405

Last edited:
Reactions: html6405

Kanjesta

Jan 27, 2022
Hello,

I have a guestion like other about the open gapps,
I have install the latest Rom and whe i download AR 11 android pico, i get everytime the error code 70.
I have olso look fort to repar and riseze, even go backt to orginal kitkat 4,4, but a get always the massage code 70.

But when i use BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R45_signed its working, why its not working with open app gapps??

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this

Reactions: Kadu_Leite

Kanjesta

Jan 27, 2022
The first Rom working, with pico.
If you want clean install with other roms later date not working

Kayee

Jan 29, 2022
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my preview build version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices.
At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which helped me a lot to bring this up.

This is a early BETA build, so don't install it if you want a completley stable rom and don't report my already listet bugs!

I'm working nearly every day on our N80xx devices, because LOS18 runs much smoother than LOS17.1, I will continue here.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
  • Boot
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Graphics
  • Cameras
  • Sensors
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)
  • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
  • consumerir transmitter
  • Stylus with gestures and hovering icon
  • sec keyboard dock
  • RIL on N8000 (mobile connection)
  • much more...
  • Video recording with both cameras
  • Power off charging animation fixed
  • GPS
  • LiveDisplay
  • Magisk Root fixed
  • OTA Updates
  • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
  • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture (reopen app or lower resolution)
  • Random reboots
  • Maybe more
  • N8020: RIL works 90%
  • Screen lightning bug
  • SD-Card can't be formatted as internal storage, this will cause a bootloop
You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
For both methods you need root rights.
If you are going to use Gapps,
here you can download them:
Open Gapps
For the others, you can use microG in future.

If you plan to use a sim card in your device, I would recommend to disable the pin code before with another device.
In some cases the sim card becomes unusable while typing in the code.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][11.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.4.0
Based On: LineageOS
Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-12-21
Last Updated 2022-01-07
Hello, firstly thank you very much for supporting this tablet! You're doing great work, saving a perfectly useful tablet from obsolescence and landfills. I just installed your LOS 18.1 after having a very slow LOS 14 and the tablet now runs fast and is finally usable after a long time.

So far I just encountered 2 bugs:
1) The S-Pen button is not working - useful in apps like Squid.
2) In apps that have a "scan QR code" functionality the camera is very buggy:
  • In Firefox, when adding a device to Firefox Sync using a QR code, the camera rectangle shows only a still image the camera saw the moment it opened. So the camera basically freezes the moment Firefox opens it.
  • In the "Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows" app, the QR code scanning camera works but is so laggy and low quality that the QR code does not get scanned.
  • Taking photos and video using the Camera app that came with the LOS works fine. Good quality and no lag.

Tablet: GT-N8010 Build: lineage_n8010-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.html64.20220106.193153 test-keys Installed gapps: open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20220126

Not sure where else to file bugs and didn't see these reported yet.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks for the module lol, also im having an issue with my Note, 1080p30fps / 72060fps video on youtube is very laggy, can you test it out and see whether you have this issue?
    I'm not experiencing any issue with my YouTube videos. Matter of fact, it's working seamlessly and with great quality. I can't thank html6405 enough for making my device a super tab. It's really amazing that a device I bought some 10years ago is now acting like something birthed just yesterday. Looking forward to seeing him develop something some day that could turn old bones like mine to younger ones...lol
    Magiskhide prop module didnt work for me. Any steps after installing it?
    Hmm! Did you reboot after installation? Perhaps you should also try installing these other modules as I have on mine; universal safety net fix and systemless hosts. Or/and install the exynos4 kernel manager and YASNAC. This should definitely work, otherwise you take your device up for some cleansing...lol
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my preview build version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 devices.
    At first I want to thank @forkbomb444, @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which helped me a lot to bring this up.

This is a early BETA build, so don't install it if you want a completley stable rom and don't report my already listet bugs!

I'm working nearly every day on our N80xx devices, because LOS18 runs much smoother than LOS17.1, I will continue here.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
    • Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • consumerir transmitter
    • Stylus with gestures and hovering icon
    • sec keyboard dock
    • RIL on N8000 (mobile connection)
    • much more...
    • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
    • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture (reopen app or lower resolution)
    • Random reboots
    • N8020: RIL works 90%
    • Screen lightning bug, nearly eliminated
    • SD-Card can't be formatted as internal storage, this will cause a bootloop
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

Wanna improve your sound configs?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla sound configurations.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.4.0
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-12-21
    Last Updated 2022-04-15
    This ROM is alpha, nobody can force me to bring any updates,
    I'm doing this in my freetime, so be thankful if you get something.

I will proceed here as soon as I will have time, I didn't have LOS16.0 completed and I'm working hard to provide you a stable ROM.
    LOS 16.0 is our major version, on LOS18.1 is much more work todo and much more framework hackings to get LOS18.1 as good compatible as possible.

I'm overtaking many things I make for LOS16.0 to 18.1, but this take's time.
    I hate it if I get stressed, so please be patent or do it by your own,
    this takes really much time, debugging, try things and so on.
    Update 15.01.2020, N8000:
    • Fixed a problem with mobile data
    • Improved GPS, but it's still not perfect
    • Another stability fix
    Only via OTA.
    Update 14.01.2021:
    • many stability fixes in kernel
    • many net back ports to improve kernel compatibility
    • improved performance
    • fixed audio and video recording
    • fixed samsung doze
    • Volume button wakeup crash fixed
    And again, don't forget to reflash BitGapps...
    Update 11.01.2020:
    • Fixed LiveDisplay
    • Fixed GPS
    • Some optical improvements
    • Linked Magisk.zip for easy rooting
    • Some other small fixes
    If you update via OTA, don't forget to reflash the BitGapps if you had them installed,
    otherwise it wont boot.