LineageOS (18.1) colors becoming corrupted too often to be usable. Any permanent fix besides ditching LineageOS?

Search This thread

didymus

Jan 19, 2020
Moto G7 Play
OnePlus 7 Pro
So this is a problem it seems everyone encounters. If there is a fix posted here I've missed it. The colors become corrupted so often it's unusable IMO. I usually have to reboot. So I'm rebooting all the time. I really need to find a way to fix this or I have to go back to stock.

Maybe this is why Lineage 17 is stickied. I need to read that now. Thank you.

StevieMcG

Sep 4, 2021
I have just flashed the latest build "lineage-18.1-20210829-nightly-channel-signed" and am still getting the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix please?

davestuarts

Sep 28, 2010
Well the problem continues and seems to have gotten worse.
After some months, I've updated to lineage-18.1-20210912. The problem is still there and seems worse, happening more often randomly. Only solution is as before switch from natural to saturated (vice versa) untill your frustrated.
As this is my mums phone, can't ask her to keep doing that. May have to return to stock which I dont really want.
Tbh, I'd be frustrated too.

I'm surprised theres no LOS 18.1 thread in rom section.

I'm also curious about the other roms based on 17.1/18.1, are they having the same problem?

StevieMcG

Sep 4, 2021
It appears to be lineage at fault as whilst experimenting I have successfully flashed BlissRoms, ArrowOS and my favourite Resurrection Remix and all are fine. I have stuck with Resurrection Remix with no problems to date. I have not flashed it with GAPPS but can run a few things like outlook, dropbox and other by downloading apks from APKMirror.

dcluvsme

May 11, 2018
LineageOS
Moto G7 Power
So this is a problem it seems everyone encounters. If there is a fix posted here I've missed it. The colors become corrupted so often it's unusable IMO. I usually have to reboot. So I'm rebooting all the time. I really need to find a way to fix this or I have to go back to stock.

Maybe this is why Lineage 17 is stickied. I need to read that now. Thank you.
Try this:
System - Buttons
( long-press all buttons, to see menu)
Back long press action-Kill foreground app
Home long press action-Kill foreground app
Recent long press action-Kill foreground app.
I did this 3 hrs ago, still working.
Good luck.

dcluvsme

May 11, 2018
LineageOS
Moto G7 Power
Update: Last night I reinstalled Majisk and Root Checker,and suddenly this morning, my screen was flickering, with psychedelic colors again
I instantly removed both, and da da, the colors were beautiful again???
Just saying.... we'll see what happens.
I no longer have Root, but the colors are beautiful.

motoman72

Jan 11, 2022
Used to have this problem but haven't seen it in weeks. I'm guessing if you poke around in the settings you can find some fix

Exth7.0

Jan 26, 2022
It appears to be lineage at fault as whilst experimenting I have successfully flashed BlissRoms, ArrowOS and my favourite Resurrection Remix and all are fine. I have stuck with Resurrection Remix with no problems to date. I have not flashed it with GAPPS but can run a few things like outlook, dropbox and other by downloading apks from APKMirr

It appears to be lineage at fault as whilst experimenting I have successfully flashed BlissRoms, ArrowOS and my favourite Resurrection Remix and all are fine. I have stuck with Resurrection Remix with no problems to date. I have not flashed it with GAPPS but can run a few things like outlook, dropbox and other by downloading apks from APKMirror.
how about the performance in games with resurrection or do you recommend another rom?

Romualdou

Mar 9, 2022
Same thing here. I flashed 3 phones g7 Play that I did choose because they are in the list of supported phones in the Lineage OS list. All three have the same issue. Apparently, switching battery save mode on and off an then locking/unlocking the screen very reliably triggers the problem. But it will appear also spontaneously after a short while.

dcluvsme

May 11, 2018
LineageOS
Moto G7 Power
I used Franco Kernel Manager to download the zip. If you are rooted, just install Franco Kernel Manager and look for "g7_power_livedisplay_fix.zip.
I recently installed Pixel Experience, but I am considering going back to Lineages now that 19 is available for Moto G7 Power.
Good luck.

Reactions: Diman1701

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used Franco Kernel Manager to download the zip. If you are rooted, just install Franco Kernel Manager and look for "g7_power_livedisplay_fix.zip.
    I recently installed Pixel Experience, but I am considering going back to Lineages now that 19 is available for Moto G7 Power.
    Good luck.