• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi) and SM-P580 (gtanotexlwifi)

Search This thread

novice1988

Aug 25, 2021
I have installed this and my tab volume is really low, please help. I checked mixed_path.xml but there is no "speaker" and value. So please help. My tab is T580.

novice1988

Aug 25, 2021
In the "gain-media-speaker" path in the /system/vendor/etc/mixer_gains.xml file, there is a control named "Speaker Playback Volume": https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/and...006ab6174ac/configs/audio/mixer_gains.xml#L11
The maximum that it can be set to is 39. In testing on my device, when I tried to set this higher, as well as making the audio from the speakers louder, it also caused extremely undesirable distortion, that of course got much worse as it was increased more and more, so that's not an option. The "DAC1 Playback Volume" is already set to the maximum value to 175 for that path. Standard note: If you want to experiment with this control yourself, I'm absolutely not responsible for any damage you cause to your hardware, including in the long term after using a higher value for a while if you are to.

I've barely ever used the stock firmware, so I don't know how loud the audio from the speakers would have been running it on my device, but I honestly doubt it would be any better. Almost all of the gains/volumes that are used are the exact same as they are in the stock firmware, and a version of Samsung's proprietary audio HAL (that appears to be heavily patched) is also used, so these issues that have also been reported before with the audio from the built-in speakers sounding quieter than as with with the stock firmware are especially puzzling.

Consider using external speakers or headphones. The speakers built into these devices aren't very good, anyway.
Thank you but how to edit using quick edit. As I have edited it than again the value becomes 31. And the another editor cannot edit it.

Rawwrius01

Oct 10, 2015
I've made a build for the WiFi-only variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi, which can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sw7pEuAEYB-tFtGM3t0AXSrlGrUQFnqK/

After seeing some posts from people searching for a custom firmware/ROM for that tablet (although it seems mostly for the LTE variant), someone having had reported that my builds for gtaxlwifi don't boot on it (after forcing installation) earlier in this thread, and seeing that there shouldn't be very many changes to make for a build for it when looking into it, I decided to go ahead and make the changes for it in a copy of my existing gtaxlwifi device tree, and make this build. The changes are mostly with the kernel and, most significantly, DT image in the boot image.

For installation, the TWRP build from here should be used: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-for-p580-oreo-compatible-unofficial.4048671/ The official TWRP builds for gtanotexlwifi are reported to have severe graphical glitches, due to Samsung having made some change in their later bootloaders, and the kernel used in them being outdated. I plan to make an up-to-date TWRP build myself based on new sources later on.

Since I don't have a P580, this build is untested, so I can't be sure if it boots and works properly or not. However, I don't see any reason for it not to. The one thing I know for sure is that S-Pen functionality would definitely be missing.
For anyone who has tested this build, if it works, please report that it does, and I'll continue making builds for the P580.

Now, I'm going to be moving on to setting up sources for gtaxllte, as I've said I'd attempt for a long while now.
Never thought this would happen lol. Thanks very much I will definitely try it today. I gave you developing for this device, because for a total beginner, handling all the bugs wasn't so easy.

I formatted data, flashed ROM, open Gapps, magisk and dfe but I stuck on bootloop. Any p580 user who got it working?

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
I formatted data, flashed ROM, open Gapps, magisk and dfe but I stuck on bootloop. Any p580 user who got it working?
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. :( I'd like some more information to try to find possible causes for the bootlooping.

First of all, could you describe how it bootloops? By that, I'd specifically like to know if the LineageOS boot animation appears a few seconds after trying to boot your tablet up with that build (if this is the case, there's progress), or if it stays on a black screen for a short while before the LineageOS boot animation potentially appears (or something similar to that), or something else.

After having it in that bootlooping state for around 1-2 minutes (if it doesn't crash and reboot on its own), hard resetting your tablet (hold down the power key and volume down key for around 7 seconds), and booting into TWRP by holding the key combination for recovery mode as soon as your tablet reboots, could you please get a log from /proc/last_kmsg? To do so, you can just copy that file either to your internal storage (/sdcard) or SD card if you have one (/external_sd) using TWRP's built-in file manager, and transfer it from your tablet using USB and MTP, as usual.

If it doesn't stay on a black screen for a short while before the LineageOS boot animation potentially appears (or again, something similar to that), could you try formatting the system partition, installing the build without opengapps or magisk, and see if it bootloops then?

Rawwrius01

Oct 10, 2015
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. :( I'd like some more information to try to find possible causes for the bootlooping.

First of all, could you describe how it bootloops? By that, I'd specifically like to know if the LineageOS boot animation appears a few seconds after trying to boot your tablet up with that build (if this is the case, there's progress), or if it stays on a black screen for a short while before the LineageOS boot animation potentially appears (or something similar to that), or something else.

After having it in that bootlooping state for around 1-2 minutes (if it doesn't crash and reboot on its own), hard resetting your tablet (hold down the power key and volume down key for around 7 seconds), and booting into TWRP by holding the key combination for recovery mode as soon as your tablet reboots, could you please get a log from /proc/last_kmsg? To do so, you can just copy that file either to your internal storage (/sdcard) or SD card if you have one (/external_sd) using TWRP's built-in file manager, and transfer it from your tablet using USB and MTP, as usual.

If it doesn't stay on a black screen for a short while before the LineageOS boot animation potentially appears (or again, something similar to that), could you try formatting the system partition, installing the build without opengapps or magisk, and see if it bootloops then?
Thanks for the answer. I will take a log and upload it later. The tablet stuck at the lineage Bootanimation the Samsung logo appears, them the lineage animation. Over and over again, I tested it for about an hour. Without Gapps I got the same result. I will try formating system and flashing only the ROM. Btw it was. The latest canary version of magisk.

edit: Wiping system and flash only the rom gave the same result. heres the log.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.zip
    228.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Rawwrius01

Oct 10, 2015

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the answer. I will take a log and upload it later. The tablet stuck at the lineage Bootanimation the Samsung logo appears, them the lineage animation. Over and over again, I tested it for about an hour. Without Gapps I got the same result. I will try formating system and flashing only the ROM. Btw it was. The latest canary version of magisk.

edit: Wiping system and flash only the rom gave the same result. heres the log.
Thanks for the information. Your log gives me the exact reason for why it would be bootlooping. It's filled with this one SELinux denial:
Code:
<36>[    6.524706] type=1400 audit(1630007648.149:62): avc: denied { read } for comm="android.hardwar" name="type" dev="sysfs" ino=19607 scontext=u:r:hal_health_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0

I've attached an AnyKernel3 package to be installed in TWRP. It will replace the kernel with one I've just built that has SELinux set to permissive on the cmdline, so that SELinux denials are only logged and not enforced. Please install it, and see if it will boot.

If it does boot, which I think it should, straight after quickly completing the initial setup, reboot into TWRP (to do so easily, enable advanced restart in Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Power menu -> Advanced restart, and you'll be able to reboot to recovery from the "Restart" menu in the power options screen you get when holding the power key) and grab another last_kmsg log, and send it here, so that I can get the SELinux denials that I have to address/fix, so that SELinux can be set to enforcing for better security.

You can alternatively get a log from the dmesg command using ADB shell and rooted debugging, but a last_kmsg log is easier to get, unless you already have a working installation of ADB on a computer, and is sufficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rawwrius01

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018

This one
That package isn't necessary at all, by the way. DM verity isn't a thing here, and forced encryption/forceencrypt isn't enabled. Even if forced encryption would be enabled, I don't think it would be a problem since TWRP supports decryption.

Last edited:

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A6
Redmi Note 8

This one
Some years ago I used this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...and-root-for-tab-a-tablets-2016-10-1.3552509/

See 1st post, step 1f

Reactions: Rawwrius01

Rawwrius01

Oct 10, 2015
A few years ago a made a Kernel for this tablet, I got problems with no working wifi and I wasn't able to fix it so I stopped. The thread is maybe still live. I think there were also problem's with selinux. I will try it and report.

Edit: its booting

Attachments

• last_kmsg.zip
    302 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
A few years ago a made a Kernel for this tablet, I got problems with no working wifi and I wasn't able to fix it so I stopped. The thread is maybe still live. I think there were also problem's with selinux. I will try it and report.

Edit: its booting
Excellent! Your log contains all of the SELinux denials that I need to address. I'll address them, and make a new build, which will boot without the need of any modifications on top and with SELinux enforcing. Thanks for testing!

Rawwrius01

Oct 10, 2015
Excellent! Your log contains all of the SELinux denials that I need to address. I'll address them, and make a new build, which will boot without the need of any modifications on top and with SELinux enforcing. Thanks for testing!
If I can do anything, let me know. I have to thank for the ROM :D

Btw, the spen is working flawlessly. There's just a curser when I'm hovering over the screen. Even pressure sensitivity is working

Last edited:
Reactions: TALUAtXDA

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
If I can do anything, let me know. I have to thank for the ROM :D

Btw, the spen is working flawlessly. There's just a curser when I'm hovering over the screen. Even pressure sensitivity is working
Alright, and sure, you're very welcome.

For the S-Pen, that's great. :) I was expecting that to not be the case whatsoever. I included a few things for S-Pen functionality, but wrongly assumed that they would have no effect and it would not work even with them.

By the way, could you please try out the new build I've just made and posted? I'd like to be absolutely certain that it boots successfully now.

Last edited:

Kostareka

May 25, 2020
I have a note regarding the problem of the sound. Turn on anything that makes a sound, then lower the volume until it is muted. Put your ear next to the right speaker of the device. You will hear a strange sound for a moment, unlike the left speaker. This problem started since lineage os 17.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
I have a note regarding the problem of the sound. Turn on anything that makes a sound, then lower the volume until it is muted. Put your ear next to the right speaker of the device. You will hear a strange sound for a moment, unlike the left speaker. This problem started since lineage os 17.
Thanks for reporting that (very subtle) problem. I've found the cause of it, and it will be fixed in my next releases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New releases for 20210922

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LPxvLU-O8jpCBB-vaoI_lp7ZJROqh28b/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mCE78wpxFHoI-4IIyd3ZEQzXZrkOJ5P9/

Changelog:
    • Latest updates from Lineage, including the 20210905 Android security updates.
    • The ZRAM size has been increased to 768MiB.
    • Even further miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • The 32-bit wcnss_filter binary, used for Bluetooth, that was used previously has been replaced with the 64-bit wcnss_filter binary from Samsung's A520FZTU4BRB1 firmware.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 and 4.4 Android common kernels and Linux 4.4, a few changes backported from mainline Linux, and also a few other insignificant changes to the kernel.
    • An issue where there was additional extremely quiet high-pitched noise from the right speaker has been fixed. (Thanks to @Kostareka for reporting it!)
    Enjoy.
    With that first proper release for the P580, I've made a new unofficial TWRP build for it from an updated device tree and with a kernel compiled from the same sources used for these LineageOS builds, which is, of course, untested, but should now be used if it works, as I fully expect it to. An image of it can be downloaded from here, and a tar archive containing it for installation via Odin in the AP slot can be downloaded from here. (Note: these download links have been changed for a second build, with a ramdisk compressed using LZMA compression, that should actually work. Edit: it does.)

With this build, things that didn't work with the TWRP build that previously would've needed to be used from here would work. For example, the data partition would be formatted correctly with it so that encryption works, and data partitions formatted with the F2FS filesystem would be mountable.

For anyone who tests it, please report if it works or not. If it does, as I expect it to, I can look at taking over maintainership over official TWRP builds for the P580 and P585, and pushing my changes for official TWRP builds.

For those who want to use encryption, and already formatted the data partition with the old TWRP build, with this new TWRP build, going to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, selecting Data, selecting "Repair or Change File System", selecting "Resize File System", and finally swiping to confirm should work to resize the filesystem that the data partition is formatted with so that encryption works. Otherwise, backing up all data from internal storage, making a TWRP backup to a SD card or a USB drive connected via USB-OTG, formatting the data filesystem, and then restoring the backups would also be a method of getting encryption to work.
    Hello, first of all, I would like to congratulate you for this magnificent structure and the extraordinary achievement you have shown. As someone who uses SM-P580, thank you very much for both the "TWRP" and "LOS 18.1" build you made. I installed it today and it works flawlessly. ( The build I uploaded is the latest version ( 2021.09.22 ) . I would like to ask you to adapt the "CrDroid" structure for the SM-P580. CrDroid provides much more customization as well as better visual integrity, useful features ( Unlimited Google Photos Backup, 3 I have no doubt that you will move towards the official version with this build, thank you again and again for everything, I will be eagerly awaiting your CrDroid build.
    I'm not going to make any CrDroid builds for the P580. I don't have any time that I can invest to do so, interest in CrDroid, motivation, or disk space, much of which I'm reserving for other stuff, for CrDroid sources along with space for temporary files for the build process. Also, your statement that you "will be eagerly awaiting [my] CrDroid build" implies that you're expecting a build, even though you didn't have any confirmation that I would make one, which makes you look like you feel entitled to one.

When I asked @followmsi, who makes the CrDroid builds in the thread here, which was also linked in @Uluru25's post, if he would make CrDroid builds for the P580 in the future, he told me that he understandably doesn't have any time for devices he doesn't own, and therefore wouldn't. With that, your only options are to make a build of CrDroid yourself, for which you can use my entirely freely available sources, or just use my LineageOS builds.

I'm not sure how you can expect me to go through with making this official, especially with the few issues that I've conveniently listed in my "Known issues and workarounds (if any)" section of my original post (yeah, flawless is an exaggeration). If you also searched through my thread, you would probably have found my post here, in which I list a few reasons for why it's not possible to go official, which all remain relevant until now and the forseeable future.

By the way, you shouldn't have also sent me a message with a complete copy of this same post. It's futile.
    Hey, im trying to compile the kernel with gcc12, using the Ares Kernel source. I'm getting this error and can't find a fix. It still persists, when I'm using the stock defconfig.
    Firstly, I can't provide support for any other kernel sources. Anything that you do that is not in relation to my very own sources is entirely up to you. I can only provide support for my own sources, which I actively maintain and know relatively well.

Secondly, it would be a lot more beneficial to just stick with my kernel sources. I remember ares kernel sources being full of gimmicky and simply bad changes, and the sources that are publicly available are no longer updated. Meanwhile, I'm actively maintaining my kernel sources, and applying many changes, most of which are from Linux v4.4 and the Android 3.18 common kernel, to them, which, of course, include security updates that you won't have with a kernel compiled from ares sources. Also, I can think of a few likely reasons for why a kernel compiled from ares sources wouldn't even work with my builds, which would require additional changes to get around, so it's also best to just avoid the troubles with that.
    Thank you for releasing another update for our old tab. Just flashed the rom without any problems over the previous rom. So far nothing to complain. (y)
    Only one very minor thing i noticed a few roms ago: the samsung splashscreen identifies the tab as "A6"
    Thank you so much for keeping this old but absolutly capable hardware alive and up–to-date.
    You're welcome, and excellent.
    The "A6" boot splashscreen you describe would actually be the completely stock and static splashscreen.

Not asking for a release date but can we still expect SM-T585 build in the future? Meanwhile this is working fine :) Thanks!
    I don't think there should ever be any complete expectations for a build for the T585. As I've always said before in my previous posts, I'm only going to attempt to setup sources for the T585 to build for it, whenever I have the time to, which unfortunately I've still ended up not having much of. I can never be certain if I'm going to succeed.

While I do think I have a decent enough chance at success (although I'm less confident than I was before after taking a better look at the previous sources that were used for the T585), the undeniable reality is that there can only possibly be full expectations for me to setup proper sources and get working builds if I have physical access to a T585, to freely test and "experiment" on. Builds for the T585 boot on the T580, just as builds for the T580 boot on the T585, so I can take advantage of that, however, it's a far from perfect compromise, because that can only be used for testing of fairly basic things.

With that being said, what I have now is a vendor tree that I've converted for the T585 several days ago and am not very sure about for now here: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_vendor_samsung_gtaxllte I've mostly used the blobs that were previously used for the T585 for a safe starting point, although I would prefer to have more up-to-date blobs, which is something to potentially consider later. Now, the next big thing would be to setup a device tree. There wouldn't be very much to add to, or replace in, my device tree for the T580, to convert it for the T585, after all, it's just mobile networking/telephony, GPS, and vibration, however, it's not all about simply adding and replacing stuff, but also most importantly, of course, having everything setup such that it actually works, and this is where things get somewhat difficult and I have to make hard decisions that I'm not entirely certain about. Also, there's the sepolicy, containing all of the SELinux rules, to which new rules would need to be added for the additional functionality, which would be a relatively involved process. I'm hoping for eventual success with all of this stuff.

I just flashed your TWRP and it... does not work. In fact, I can no longer boot to either recovery or the main OS. Each time I try it gets to the samsung logo screen and has red text at the top that says "Could not do normal boot. Invalid RAMDISK LENGTH!"
    I flashed it using the "third-party" TWRP you referred to earlier, as well as tried flashing in download mode using heimdall (I'm on linux so no odin).
    Hope that helps...
    Thanks for your report. Looking into this, I've found that the ramdisks for builds from my device trees for TWRP for the P580 and P585 are around 2MB larger than those for the T580 and T585, due to the inclusion of a few extra languages for the P580 and P585 that require some fonts that are quite large, and they end up being around 16MB. It seems that the bootloaders refuse to boot from recovery images with a ramdisk that is larger than 16MB.
    I've made another TWRP build for the P580, with the ramdisk compressed using LZMA compression, rather than the standard gzip compression with which the ramdisk in the first build was compressed, bringing the size of the ramdisk from that size of around 16MB down to around 11MB, and therefore, that error from the bootloader about an invalid ramdisk length should no longer occur with it, and it should work. The image of it can be downloaded from here. Could you please test that build out?
    Concur. S-pen registers movements in portrait orientation, no matter the orientation of the screen. So, in landscape mode, moving the s-pen up causes the cursor to move right, etc.
    @TALUAtXDA , I don't have either the T580 or P580, but I ran into this on the P550 where S-pen only worked in portrait mode. The fix is really easy. See post #32 at

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ab-a-9-7-sm-p550.4160909/page-2#post-83712287

For @skiwarz and @Acatzin, you can put the sec_e-pen.idc file into the system yourself using TWRP.
    This is LineageOS 18.1, which is based on Android 11, for the WiFi-only variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), with model SM-T580 and codename gtaxlwifi, and the Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

As was always planned, my LineageOS 18.1 builds are a continuation from @followmsi's LineageOS 18.1 builds that were intended for use by users. To update from his builds, my builds can simply be installed on top of his builds without doing anything further.

Downloads:
    Note: While these builds are intended to be used on the WiFi-only variants of these devices, they can be installed and used on LTE variants if you can go without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration. I'm planning to try to setup sources to make builds for the LTE variants sometime in the future whenever I have the time to.

For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi:

Latest build from 20210922 (with security patch level 20210905): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LPxvLU-O8jpCBB-vaoI_lp7ZJROqh28b/
    Folder for builds (which includes text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for builds, and another folder within it containing some previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wuirD9cyoguv7CQdEO5ymZ911k2ASKKD

For the T580, the latest official TWRP build from here should be used. If installing a build for the T580 to the LTE variant, with model SM-T585 and codename gtaxllte, keeping in mind some functionality will of course be missing as described in my note, the latest official TWRP build for gtaxllte from here can also be used.

Latest build from 20210922 (with security patch level 20210905): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mCE78wpxFHoI-4IIyd3ZEQzXZrkOJ5P9/
    Folder for builds (includes text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for builds, and another folder within it for previous builds (only contains a previous build I released that has been tested to work for now)): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fVGx1xGUxAtTvE0rG-OidwbXLM_93om2

For the P580, I've made an unofficial TWRP build from an updated device tree and with a kernel compiled from the same sources used for these LineageOS builds that must be used.
    Download link for an image of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eNOn9IRCj98dpx7fCSnPBQu0FIOsKZrr/
    Download link for a tar archive containing it for installation via Odin in the AP slot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTurdJuNSQpl2PrEJDZpNjKdCTMapokE/
    Note that this is a second build, that has a ramdisk compressed using LZMA compression, rather than using standard gzip compression as it was in my first build since it's too large with it.

Changelogs:
    Releases for 20210922:
    • The 32-bit wcnss_filter binary, used for Bluetooth, that was used previously has been replaced with the 64-bit wcnss_filter binary from Samsung's A520FZTU4BRB1 firmware.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 and 4.4 Android common kernels and Linux 4.4, a few changes backported from mainline Linux, and also a few other insignificant changes to the kernel.
    • An issue where there was additional extremely quiet high-pitched noise from the right speaker has been fixed. (Thanks to @Kostareka for reporting it!)
    • First proper release for the P580.
    Previous releases:

Release for 20210810:
    • Latest updates from Lineage, including the 20210805 Android security updates.
    • This is my first build that is signed using my own release keys. This change was removed in the second build released for 20210810 (with "-R2-Test-keys" in the filename).
    • The BSP sources have been redone to closely match what has been done with the new exynos7880-specific part of Lineage's BSP sources, and with that, there are now more exynos7870-specific changes to the open source gralloc that is in use.
    • Some further small miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, and a few other insignificant changes.
    Release for 20210709:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP for repositories forked by Lineage have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r39), and the rest of the repositories not forked by Lineage were additionally switched to the android-11.0.0_r39 tag, for the 20210705 Android security updates.
    • A patch to the PermissionController app has been applied that adds the FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE permission group to it - The signature spoofing permission can now be managed through the permission management interface at Settings -> Privacy -> Permission manager.
    • The audio outputted from the audio jack while playing media will now be noticeably louder, as the headset "DAC1 playback volume" for media has been increased to the maximum of 175 from 162.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • A few patches have been applied to the qcacld-2.0 WiFi driver in the kernel, which are mainly vulnerability fixes.
    Release for 20210617:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210605 Android security updates.
    • The WiFi and Bluetooth firmwares have been updated from Samsung's A720SKSU5CTL2 firmware.
    • The qcom_cfg.ini configuration file for WiFi has been imported from Samsung's A720SKSU5CTL2 firmware - A change within it appears to have made WiFi more reliable.
    • The sensors.universal7870.so library has been updated from Samsung's stock P580ZSS1CTI1 firmware.
    • The health HAL has been upgraded to version 2.1.
    • There are a few other small miscellaneous changes (mostly small cleanups).
    • There are many updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • Some unnecessary drivers have been disabled in the kernel.
    • The sdfat driver in the kernel, which is used for exFAT filesystem support, has been updated to version 2.4.5.
    • A few changes have been imported to the MMC block device driver in the kernel from Samsung's M105GDXS6CUD4 kernel that fix extremely rare kernel panics that occurred when there was an error with a MMC device (mainly with SD cards).
    • The fix for an issue where the duration of videos that are taken is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep/suspended that was previously used has been replaced with a better fix in the Exynos fimc-is2 driver in the kernel.
    Release for 20210508:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210505 Android security updates.
    • New SELinux denials with Android 11 have been addressed, and with that, SELinux is now set to enforcing by default, and the sepolicy, which contains the SELinux rules, has been rewritten almost entirely, and is now of much better quality.
    • Some changes have been imported to libbt-vendor from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_bt on branch lineage-18.1-caf.
    • BPF offloading for tethering has been disabled.
    • The audio HAL has been upgraded to version 6.0.
    • The rampatch_tlv_tf_1.1.tlv firmware for Bluetooth has been updated from Samsung's stock T585XXS6CTJ7 firmware.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • Some tcp_info-related patches have been applied to the kernel, and with that, a workaround, a patch titled "TcpSocketTracker: Opt-out for TCP info parsing on legacy kernels", is no longer used since it's no longer necessary.
    • A workaround that was used to get USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering to work is no longer used, and has been replaced with a proper fix (enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel).
    Release for 20210407 (My initial 18.1 build. This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 18.1 build that was intended for use by users):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS. The crashes that occurred when setting a new wallpaper that were discussed earlier in this thread appear to have been fixed.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP, including the 20210405 security updates, have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged. (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r34)
    • The same workaround that was used on 17.1 to get USB tethering and Bluetooth internet access sharing to work has been forward-ported and applied.
    • vintf manifest override enforcement is now enabled.
    • The vendor/lib[64]/egl/libGLES_mali.so blobs are now symlinked to vendor/lib[64]/vulkan.exynos5.so, rather than copied to vendor/lib[64]/hw/vulkan.exynos5.so - This is a proper fix for Vulkan support.
    • RSA key verification for ADB is enabled again, and ADB isn't enabled by default and on boot anymore.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
    Issue 1: Occasionally, when trying to select tiles in the notification panel, it will crash to the lockscreen.
    I have no idea about this issue at the moment. It seems like generic systemui crashes. Todo: test LineageOS 18.1 on another device to see if the same issues occur.

Issue 2: Images and videos that are taken using the camera in a resolution with an aspect ratio of 16:9 are actually stretched from 4:3.
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 2: Use a resolution that has an aspect ratio of 4:3.

Issue 3: the on-screen navigation bar feature that can be enabled with the option at Settings -> System -> Buttons -> "Enable on-screen nav bar" doesn't work properly.

Issue 4: If the WiFi hotspot is enabled without first enabling and disabling WiFi, it will not work.
    Workaround to issue 4: Simply enable and disable WiFi before enabling the WiFi hotspot.
    This issue no longer seems to exist. I'm not able to reproduce it on my setup anymore. However, there is a similar issue I can reproduce - If the WiFi hotspot is enabled after booting with WiFi disabled beforehand, WiFi will fail to be enabled when attempting to enable it on the first try. It gets enabled successfully and works fine after attempting again with no further issues.

To report further issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you are unsure on how to get either, there is good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make a build for either the T580 or P580 is in this repository on branch lineage-18.1: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests

Thanks to:
    @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for these devices, and for providing his old BSP sources without which the open BSP sources wouldn't have been possible.
    @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
    The Lineage team - for the Android distribution itself.
    ...and everyone else who has worked on anything that is in use.
    New releases for 20210922

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LPxvLU-O8jpCBB-vaoI_lp7ZJROqh28b/
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mCE78wpxFHoI-4IIyd3ZEQzXZrkOJ5P9/

Changelog:
    Enjoy.
    New release for 20210617

Download:

Changelog:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210605 Android security updates.
    • The WiFi and Bluetooth firmwares have been updated from Samsung's A720SKSU5CTL2 firmware.
    • The qcom_cfg.ini configuration file for WiFi has been imported from Samsung's A720SKSU5CTL2 firmware - A change within it appears to have made WiFi more reliable.
    • The sensors.universal7870.so library has been updated from Samsung's stock P580ZSS1CTI1 firmware.
    • The health HAL has been upgraded to version 2.1.
    • There are a few other small miscellaneous changes (mostly small cleanups).
    • There are many updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • Some unnecessary drivers have been disabled in the kernel.
    • The sdfat driver in the kernel, which is used for exFAT filesystem support, has been updated to version 2.4.5.
    • A few changes have been imported to the MMC block device driver in the kernel from Samsung's M105GDXS6CUD4 kernel that fix extremely rare kernel panics that occurred when there was an error with a MMC device (mainly with SD cards).
    • The fix for an issue where the duration of videos that are taken is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep/suspended that was previously used has been replaced with a better fix in the Exynos fimc-is2 driver in the kernel.
    As usual, enjoy.
    New release for 20210709

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ej8JYTZzcdQzwHtJHiBFwVC-rm5ytBq1/

Changelog:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS.
    • Merges of the latest changes from AOSP for repositories forked by Lineage have been picked to skip the wait for them to be merged (repopick -t android-11.0.0_r39), and the rest of the repositories not forked by Lineage were additionally switched to the android-11.0.0_r39 tag, for the 20210705 Android security updates.
    • A patch to the PermissionController app has been applied that adds the FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE permission group to it - The signature spoofing permission can now be managed through the permission management interface at Settings -> Privacy -> Permission manager.
    • The audio outputted from the audio jack while playing media will now be noticeably louder, as the headset "DAC1 playback volume" for media has been increased to the maximum of 175 from 162.
    • A few patches have been applied to the qcacld-2.0 WiFi driver in the kernel, which are mainly vulnerability fixes.
    Enjoy.
    I've made a build for the WiFi-only variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi, which can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sw7pEuAEYB-tFtGM3t0AXSrlGrUQFnqK/

After seeing some posts from people searching for a custom firmware/ROM for that tablet (although it seems mostly for the LTE variant), someone having had reported that my builds for gtaxlwifi don't boot on it (after forcing installation) earlier in this thread, and seeing that there shouldn't be very many changes to make for a build for it when looking into it, I decided to go ahead and make the changes for it in a copy of my existing gtaxlwifi device tree, and make this build. The changes are mostly with the kernel and, most significantly, DT image in the boot image.

For installation, the TWRP build from here should be used: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-for-p580-oreo-compatible-unofficial.4048671/ The official TWRP builds for gtanotexlwifi are reported to have severe graphical glitches, due to Samsung having made some change in their later bootloaders, and the kernel used in them being outdated. I plan to make an up-to-date TWRP build myself based on new sources later on.

Since I don't have a P580, this build is untested, so I can't be sure if it boots and works properly or not. However, I don't see any reason for it not to. The one thing I know for sure is that S-Pen functionality would definitely be missing.
    For anyone who has tested this build, if it works, please report that it does, and I'll continue making builds for the P580.

Now, I'm going to be moving on to setting up sources for gtaxllte, as I've said I'd attempt for a long while now.