• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
- Download the zip(s).
- Install latest TWRP for clover
- Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
- Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
- Flash ROM.
- Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
- Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
sdm660

Last edited:

buszosbill

Dec 23, 2014
Hello !
No SD card.
Clean installation.
NikGapps-core-arm64

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

rchoi999

May 6, 2011
Thank you for the LOS R. Very good rom.
Clean install with Nikgapps omni, found download in Chrome to sd card showing "download pending" and chrome will force close.

sb56637

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks a lot for working on this. I tried the following versions, but they all bootloop (bootsplash, lockscreen visible for a few seconds, then reboots):

lineage-18.0-20201017-UNOFFICIAL-clover_rev0.zip
lineage-18.0-20201018-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip
lineage-18.0-20201019-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

This is with a WiFI-only miPad 4, latest TWRP, complete wipe of everything first.

pndwal

Thanks a lot for working on this. I tried the following versions, but they all bootloop (bootsplash, lockscreen visible for a few seconds, then reboots):

This is with a WiFI-only miPad 4, latest TWRP, complete wipe of everything first.
@sabar_op, @sb56637, @amityg

Please keep in mind that there are many reports of bootloops etc using TWRP with Android 11.

TWRP officially supports all devices running Android up to 10, except devices LAUNCHED with 10 or later (having dynamic/logical partitions). There are no versions officially supporting devices running Android 11 to date:
TWRP 3.4.0 does not yet bring support for dynamic/logical partitions, which is required to support devices that launch with Android 10. It does, however, fix support for legacy devices that upgraded to Android 10, but retain the old partition scheme.
https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp...s-support-legacy-devices-upgraded-android-10/

Latest TWRP 3.4.0 arrived in June 2020 w/ support for devices upgraded to Android 10 (only). There's been no further versions. See here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...v1-universal-systemless-t3432382/post83725859

The solution for most using custom Android 11 based ROMs has been to KEEP STOCK Recovery and use ADB fastboot boot TWRP (NOT flash) command from PC when needing custom recovery functions to flash ROMs etc. This seems to work for most despite having no TWRP fully supporting Android 11.

Nb. To achieve root with MagiskSU, this method is probably even more critical as users are reporting bootloops with TWRP custom recovery (flashed) and Android 11 when flashing Magisk pretty much accross the board.

Nb2. Achieving root with MagiskSU can alternatively be done without custom recovery by flashing Magisk Manager patched boot.img (extracted from ROM) using ADB fastboot flash image command from PC. This may be a less fraught method.

I'm still on LOS 17.1, but the above outlines the approach I intend to take / try soon.

Hope it helps, PW

Last edited:

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010

Can you take the log?
Never try for mipad 4 wifi only, I use mipad 4 wifi-lte, twrp 3.4.0 with previous los17.1 installed and no issue so far...

Alex Kane

Mar 10, 2015

This is probably because didn't install a *Gapps package.

Alex Kane

Mar 10, 2015
Hmm, not sure, LineageOS 17.1 works fine on this tablet without Gapps.

Yeah, but apparently LOS 18.0 beta doesn't.
I tried LOS 18.0 (beta) without gapps first and it would bootloop after reaching the home-screen. Flashing gapps would solve the issue (for me) but I don't use gapps so ... I went back to LOS 17.1.
I also experienced the issue with the sdcard not being properly detected.

Top Liked Posts

I cant connect 5ghz channel too
    All updates after 20210315 have from 100-140 channels blocked for 5ghz. It is an important issue because in European countries the routers swap automatic from 36 to 112 channels, so you have to fixed manually the channel used by your router losing the option of letting the router operates freely to catch the best channel everytime.
    Very sorry I got distracted and hadn't tested this sooner.

I can confirm that integrated clover fingerprint is not working.

I tried not without Magisk root, then with Magisk; SafetyNet check fails in both instances.

On activating Mi Pad 4 China print via MHPC, SafetyNet passes again.

Both prints show identically as Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys, but seems they must in fact differ... Perhaps there still a Security patch date mismatch? (ro.build.version.security_patch should = 2018-10-01). PW

The security patch should be already 2018-10-01 as it is in device tree.
    Saw a new release 👍 trying out soon

Yes...new update of lineage-18.1-20210718-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

Changelog :
    - July security patch
    - update kernel to 4.4.274
    - add support for app signature spoofing
    - add support to pass safety net
    - disable debug tracing and native stats for better performance
    - replace ArrayMap with HashMap for better performance.
    I can check. 🙂

Many thanks! 👍 PW

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
    - update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
    - minor update kernel to 4.4.275

Yes...everything should running ok...if not, blame lineagseos... ;)
    @sabar_op just a bit of suggestion, how about we put also way to fix magisk for those who have problem in the first post (if u dont mind) so this kind of confusion (especially for someone who newly come by here) wouldnt happen frequently and, if the method to fix it change, u could just change it in first post so nobody need to hear from one they do it like this but one like this which is confusing. just a little suggestion if u dont mind. thumbs up for the rom.
    This thread has much discussion on this and all other Magisk matters:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/
    More particularly, this one:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/ has regular updates regarding SafetyNet / issues.

Really, it's not the province of ROM Devs to keep up / instruct on ever-changing methods to pass SafetyNet, and users are best to appraise themselves of current SafetyNet status / passing methods / fixes in the above threads.

Nb. Dev did have SafetyNet passing natively till recently with inbuilt spoofing, but this may now be broken.

Devs are likely to be interested in fixing / reports about ROM bugs incl. inbuilt custom mods (eg USNF and other spoofing solutions), but even these may not be a priority. 😉

At least SafetyNet still passes w/ Magisk root and module! 😛 PW
    I cant connect 5ghz channel too
    All updates after 20210315 have from 100-140 channels blocked for 5ghz. It is an important issue because in European countries the routers swap automatic from 36 to 112 channels, so you have to fixed manually the channel used by your router losing the option of letting the router operates freely to catch the best channel everytime.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210602-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Changelog :
    - update and fix some services.
    - update performance related to EAS kernel.