LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
can you make it official?
If Dev does apply to make this ROM official, he won't be able to integrate any spoofing techniques (eg this ROM spoofs Xiaomi Mi 6X certified fingerprint), or other safetynet 'bypassing' techniques (to pass SafetyNet natively) due to LineageOS policy. See:
https://lineageos.org/Safetynet/ PW

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralph Chen

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
If Dev does apply to make this ROM official, he won't be able to integrate any spoofing techniques (eg this ROM spoofs Xiaomi Mi 6X certified signature), or other safetynet 'bypassing' techniques (to pass SafetyNet natively) due to LineageOS policy. See:
https://lineageos.org/Safetynet/ PW

Agree...and I think have no time to be maintainer... Also my build is custom tree based on source in 1st post that different with xiaomi sdm660 tree in lineageos github.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Thanks for the link....will try to update in April build..
FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Last edited:
Reactions: senseii

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.

smudgy

Sep 29, 2012
Hi there.

I have Xiaomi mi pad 4 plus (clover) - LTE - 10.1''.

I was at Miui 10.1 original. My tablet was encrypted.

After i unlocked my bootloader, i followed this steps, and all went good, without problem.

I will post the steps, because it can help someone.

I flashed lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

What's the difference to lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-karin_windy.zip ?

STEPS:

1. flashboot boot img (Mokee TWRP 3.3.1);
2. Backup all partitions to internal storage and after copy to PC;
3. Flashed Mokee TWRP 3.3.1 (decrypt support) -> From TWRP install image after 'flashboot boot img'.
4. Reboot to recovery;
5. Format data;
6. Wipe data + system + Dalvik + cache;
7. Reboot to recovery;
8. Copy ROM folder to internal storage;
9. Install ROM (LOS 18.1) + NikGapps (basic) + Magisk v22;
10. Wipe Dalvik + cache;
11. Reboot to system;

Until now, everything seems perfect. Tested:

-Wifi;
-Bluetooth;
-Screen mirroing;
-Finger sensor;
-(...)

Best regards and thank you sabar_op.

PS: I forgett to tell that i have NO problem with google store and i installed NikGapps (basic).
Th3Fron3 (and of course sabar_op) Thanks, that's very helpful in clarifying. #1 flash boot img must mean the file at the top of the list in the Sourceforge repository for this Rom. I can't recall having to flash any boot img before flashing twrp before. I think I've figured out it's to avoid bootloop problems with twrp/android 11.

Presumably you just fastboot flash boot.img without having to format etc? Is it necessary for Mokee twrp? Why mokee? I can't find any links to mokee-clover-twrp. Can't decipher #3 !

After flashing boot img (presumably just fastboot flash boot eas-boot.img) I was just planning to start by flashing twrp from this link and crack on from there
https://dl.twrp.me/clover/twrp-3.5.1_9-0-clover.img

Last edited:

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Th3Fron3 (and of course sabar_op) Thanks, that's very helpful in clarifying. #1 flash boot img must mean the file at the top of the list in the Sourceforge repository for this Rom. I can't recall having to flash any boot img before flashing twrp before. I think I've figured out it's to avoid bootloop problems with twrp/android 11.

Presumably you just fastboot flash boot.img without having to format etc? Is it necessary for Mokee twrp? Why mokee? I can't find any links to mokee-clover-twrp. Can't decipher #3 !

After flashing boot img (presumably just flashboot flash boot.img) I was just planning to start by flashing twrp from this link and crack on from there
Bit of overkill / confusion there. OP instructions are fine.

I think user is referring to boot.img from rom package.

No need to flash boot.img. (Could flash Magisk-patched image for root however.) Not needed for mokee TWRP either.

Mokee TWRP is the only one I've found that decrypts / mounts partitions (wipe & format work) properly. Even latest official release doesn't work properly.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84664155

Archived boot.img is EAS kernel. It's for test purposes. Fixes fingerprint and home button for mi pad 4 plus. Seems to cause touchscreen issues for some however. OP said (above) he intends to integrate this w/ April build in any case.

I use NikGapps Full.

Lastly, check firmware is latest. That is weekly build, 9.8.29, NOT latest stable build:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84656233

👍 PW

Last edited:

Th3Fron3

Mar 23, 2021

After flashing boot img (presumably just fastboot flash boot eas-boot.img) I was just planning to start by flashing twrp from this link and crack on from there
Hi there.

I used Mokee twrp, because it was the only one that can decrypt, but offcorse you can and its better to follow OP instructions. At the end the result is the same, you have to format DATA and mantain decrypted storage in both scenarios.

Best regards.

Reactions: smudgy and pndwal

smudgy

Sep 29, 2012
Hi there.

I used Mokee twrp, because it was the only one that can decrypt, but offcorse you can and its better to follow OP instructions. At the end the result is the same, you have to format DATA and mantain decrypted storage in both scenarios.

Best regards.
Thanks for the info.

Just one thing I am curious about if you could share. The nearest thing to a download link for mokee twrp clover was in Chinese, and I was wary of clicking something I shouldn't. They seemed to want to install apps instead. The only mokee releases I could find in english were for their roms.

Found it here! The twrp dl link is at the end of the OP

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android10-new-mokee-mk100.4013633/

Last edited:
Reactions: Th3Fron3

dewa5227

• Oct 31, 2010
    Surabaya
    OnePlus 6
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
    Thanks for the info.

Just one thing I am curious about if you could share. The nearest thing to a download link for mokee twrp clover was in Chinese, and I was wary of clicking something I shouldn't. They seemed to want to install apps instead. The only mokee releases I could find in english were for their roms.

Found it here! The twrp dl link is at the end of the OP

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android10-new-mokee-mk100.4013633/
    yep, unfortunately that's still the latest one yet. they didn't update their twrp yet again

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    Non responsive Touchscreen issue upon unlock still persist
    Wonder what is so different on my tablet. Below is my setup:

Mipad4+ 64GB LTE. Flashed over previous version. Using Mokee Twrp.
    Did not flash Nikgapps as I noticed it backup and restored during flashing. (previously Nikgapps Basic)

Will probably do a clean flash in coming days when I've some free time on hand.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
    Non responsive Touchscreen issue upon unlock still persist
    Wonder what is so different on my tablet. Below is my setup:

Mipad4+ 64GB LTE. Flashed over previous version. Using Mokee Twrp.
    Did not flash Nikgapps as I noticed it backup and restored during flashing. (previously Nikgapps Basic)

Will probably do a clean flash in coming days when I've some free time on hand.

I am tested by myself...mi pad 4 plus 128Gb LTE...

If non responsive still occured after clean flash...grab a log and send me through pm.

Reactions: senseii

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

- Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
      - minor fixes sepolicy
      - minor update blobs
      Uploading new one....with same file name.
      Upload lineage-18.1-20210513-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip with SELinux disabled. If someone can try it and grab a log to fix the issue, please let me know.
      Flash Canary version. And after flashing try to Turn Off device, not reboot.
      Turning off the device was the solution! Thank you! Used normal magisk 22.1, not canary. Everything is okay now.
      ok but this is a MiPad 4 rom?

And i asked what the diffrence betewwn windy and non windy is ?
      nope

karin and karin_windy is ROM for Xperia Z4 Tablet
      clover is for Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus
      LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
      - Download the zip(s).
      - Install latest TWRP for clover
      - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
      - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
      - Flash ROM.
      - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
      - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
      sdm660
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
      - April build security patch
      - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
      - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
      - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
      - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
      New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

- Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
      - minor fixes sepolicy
      - minor update blobs
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone