LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
After a day my pad is now Playstore not certified. It might have a regional issue, mine is Australia. I am going back to March release and I will await a newer version. For me the March release was perfect in every way. I do not use Magisk and have no need for root access.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
After a day my pad is now Playstore not certified. It might have a regional issue, mine is Australia. I am going back to March release and I will await a newer version. For me the March release was perfect in every way. I do not use Magisk and have no need for root access.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
The latest rom incorrectly reads device Wi-Fi MAC address from hardware. Most likely same Wi-Fi mac is used on all tablets with this rom.
March version does it correctly: MAC is same as on stock MiUI and other custom roms.
Device MAC address can be viewed in Settings -> About tablet, it is used when MAC-randomization is turned off.

Mine is ok...try 3x restart and still show same mac adress every restart my device....

Reactions: senseii

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
It may change as I change kernel to EAS kernel that totally different with march rom.
No, it's a hardware identifier. It can't be changed. ROM just reads it incorrectly. It means that two devices may have same mac on this rom, so they can't be used in same network.
And I don't think it's a kernel's thing: I tried halcyon-EAS-v5.2 kernel and it also shows wrong mac on April build and correct one on March build.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
No, it's a hardware identifier. It can't be changed. ROM just reads it incorrectly. It means that two devices may have same mac on this rom, so they can't be used in same network.
And I don't think it's a kernel's thing: I tried halcyon-EAS-v5.2 kernel and it also shows wrong mac on April build and correct one on March build.

The only different in april rom is kernel and blobs which is include wifi blobs. How about feb21 and dec20 rom? Does the mac address changing as well? I think I update the wifi blobs on those rom builds...not sure if wifi blobs can change the mac adress but worth to try.

Reactions: senseii

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
The only different in april rom is kernel and blobs which is include wifi blobs. How about feb21 and dec20 rom? Does the mac address changing as well? I think I update the wifi blobs on those rom builds...not sure if wifi blobs can change the mac adress but worth to try.
I had correct mac on all previous builds and other roms, the issue is only with this April rom.
Probably the issue is in blobs. I think blobs can change driver settings forcing it to use wrong mac. I had similar issue on another device long time ago and I used some config file on system partition to manually set correct mac.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
I had correct mac on all previous builds and other roms, the issue is only with this April rom.
Probably the issue is in blobs. I think blobs can change driver settings forcing it to use wrong mac. I had similar issue on another device long time ago and I used some config file on system partition to manually set correct mac.

If you want to use previous mac address....just take cnss-daemon from vendor/bin from march build and put it on april build (after flash the rom). Thats the only wifi blobs changed in april build.

Reactions: Vlad9ck and senseii

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
If you want to use previous mac address....just take cnss-daemon from vendor/bin from march build and put it on april build (after flash the rom). Thats the only wifi blobs changed in april build.
Nope, it didn't work for me: still uses wrong mac.
BTW, my mac on April's rom is 00:0a:f5:a0:2f:27. Do you have another one?

Last edited:

elvin3

Dec 10, 2007
The 20210412 update simply didn't work for me. I installed it together with NikGapps but my device restarted to TWRP three times after the Lineage logo appeared. I finally gave up and came back to the previous March version and everything works ok now.

jimmy123322

• Jun 22, 2015
    Moscow
    t.me
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

zazzeck

Dec 31, 2010

Th3Fron3

Mar 23, 2021
    Thanks for the info.

Just one thing I am curious about if you could share. The nearest thing to a download link for mokee twrp clover was in Chinese, and I was wary of clicking something I shouldn't. They seemed to want to install apps instead. The only mokee releases I could find in english were for their roms.

Found it here! The twrp dl link is at the end of the OP

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android10-new-mokee-mk100.4013633/
    Hi.

Sorry only to answering now, but i was litte busy for some days.

I used TWRP-20191001-3.3.1.0-clover.img and still using it with lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

I downloaded it from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-10-more-custom-erfan-gsis.3989893/, it is the mega link, still active today (April 15, 2021).

TWRP-20191001-3.3.1.0-clover.img - 32464F7FD3AAC3D75BF0BC66E76C2C2AF67D08DE (SHA1).

Offcorse is better to try a recovery before flashing it (fastboot boot recovery.img), and if all is ok the you can flash it.

Best regards.

Last edited:

jimmy123322

• Jun 22, 2015
    Moscow
    t.me
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Not for me. Flashed ROM, flashed boot.img and then directly magisk 22.1.
    Result is a bootloop. Back to recovery, fashed only boot.img, device booted in third or fourth try.... But now it is not rooted. When i try to flash magisk 22.1 the result is again bootloop. What could i did wrong? Mi Pad 4 plus.
    Flash Canary version. And after flashing try to Turn Off device, not reboot.

Reactions: zazzeck

cheek975

Apr 15, 2021
    Many thanks for the great work & effort you put into this lineage 18.1 OS.
    As an android newbie, I was wondering which version of TWRP was the most optimal for clover ?
    OP instructions mention to use last TWRP which is now twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover.img (released the 5th of april 2021) but after having read the 19 pages from this thread it seems that TWRP 3.4.0 is the most tested and recommended one. Also in link , twrp-3.4.0-0-clover.img is part of the download files ... Also one post was mentioning that TWRP 3.5.x was "not yet ready" for Android 11, so should I consider TWRP 3.4.0 instead ?

Sorry if this is "noob" question.

Thanks for your help and also thanks again for this great work !

dewa5227

• Oct 31, 2010
    Surabaya
    OnePlus 6
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
    Many thanks for the great work & effort you put into this lineage 18.1 OS.
    As an android newbie, I was wondering which version of TWRP was the most optimal for clover ?
    OP instructions mention to use last TWRP which is now twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover.img (released the 5th of april 2021) but after having read the 19 pages from this thread it seems that TWRP 3.4.0 is the most tested and recommended one. Also in link , twrp-3.4.0-0-clover.img is part of the download files ... Also one post was mentioning that TWRP 3.5.x was "not yet ready" for Android 11, so should I consider TWRP 3.4.0 instead ?

Sorry if this is "noob" question.

Thanks for your help and also thanks again for this great work !
    All TWRP are almost can be considered broken for Clover in A11. most is usable in A10.
    just follow as per instruction in OP for best result. i don't have any problem following the OP.

Hope you can try it.

Top Liked Posts

Try latest buildlineage-18.1-20210511-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.
      Nothing change from latest build except lineage sources included May security patch.
      Still bootloop or not

Endless initial boot, never completes initial boot
      Just tried that one, same issue, eventually boots, then the screen says tablet is starting, then it reboots and process starts again.

Which gapps do you recommend, I'm using nikgapps full.

I am using basic nikgapps...
      It may related to selinux permission...can you grab a log since boot up? Send me through pm...
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
      - April build security patch
      - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
      - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
      - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
      - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

- Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
      - minor fixes sepolicy
      - minor update blobs
      Uploading new one....with same file name.
      New update kernel : boot_clover_210413.img (see 1st post for the link).
      - Fix issue non responsive touchscreen, tested by @511v3r
      Flash Canary version. And after flashing try to Turn Off device, not reboot.
      Turning off the device was the solution! Thank you! Used normal magisk 22.1, not canary. Everything is okay now.
      LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
      - Download the zip(s).
      - Install latest TWRP for clover
      - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
      - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
      - Flash ROM.
      - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
      - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
      sdm660
      New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
      - April build security patch
      - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
      - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
      - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
      - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
      New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
      FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
      Compiling LineageOS 18.1 with :
      - Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
      - Upstream updates and fixes.
      - LineageOS features updates.
      - Minor updates.

If anyone want to be tester, just pm me.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone