LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Many thanks for the great work & effort you put into this lineage 18.1 OS.
As an android newbie, I was wondering which version of TWRP was the most optimal for clover ?
OP instructions mention to use last TWRP which is now twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover.img (released the 5th of april 2021) but after having read the 19 pages from this thread it seems that TWRP 3.4.0 is the most tested and recommended one. Also in link , twrp-3.4.0-0-clover.img is part of the download files ... Also one post was mentioning that TWRP 3.5.x was "not yet ready" for Android 11, so should I consider TWRP 3.4.0 instead ?

Sorry if this is "noob" question.

Thanks for your help and also thanks again for this great work !
I use TWRP 3.5.0_9 + lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover and NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed on my MiPad4 LTE and everything works as it should with Playstore certified. I do not use Magisk. The April update killed my Playstore certification, yet that appears to only affect some. My tablet is working well. No battery drain and no issues with GPS, WiFi, 4G, Hotspotting. It all just works. My tablet does not have a fingerprint reader.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I use TWRP 3.5.0_9 + lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover and NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed on my MiPad4 LTE and everything works as it should with Playstore certified. I do not use Magisk. The April update killed my Playstore certification, yet that appears to only affect some. My tablet is working well. No battery drain and no issues with GPS, WiFi, 4G, Hotspotting. It all just works. My tablet does not have a fingerprint reader.
Do you actually have PlayProtect Device is certified? Not sure how without Magisk + Universal SafetyNet Fix.

PlayProtect should be certified with latest ROM (has integrated SafetyNet Fix) without Magisk / MagiskHide, but you will need to do wipes I suggested if device is Not Certified, and you dirty flash. I believe you did wipes only w/ March ROM. PW

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Do you actually have PlayProtect Device is certified? Not sure how without Magisk + Universal SafetyNet Fix.

PlayProtect should be certified with latest ROM (has integrated SafetyNet Fix) without Magisk / MagiskHide, but you will need to do wipes I suggested if device is Not Certified, and you dirty flash. I believe you did wipes only w/ March ROM. PW
Yes, with March ROM. I tried April dirty flash, then wiped and tried again, then wiped it and went back to March.
1618838006915.png

Reactions: pndwal

juancar64

Mar 30, 2019
VALENCIA
good morning
I've been using this rom almost from the beginning on my pad4 + with very good results, keep this ahead.
With this latest update, everything is fine until magisk is put, there has been no way to get it, it stays in bootloop without being able to do anything else.
I have tried to change the BOOT I tried with the one that brings the rom as is, with the boot_clover_eas_20210401.img and with boot_clover_210413.img.
Recoverys I have tried 3.3.0 /3.4.0/ 3.5.0 and nothing I do not get.
I guess I'm doing something wrong, but what?
HELP

Reactions: malaquita01

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Are you using April Kernel Update (boot image) with March ROM by any chance? PW
No. March ROM with the internal kernel. I have been using ROMs on this device since I first bought it with the Chinese original software. I used Pixel Experience up to Android 10 and now this version of Lineage for Android 11. I have never once installed Magisk or any other root access and I have nearly always had a certified Playstore.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
No. March ROM with the internal kernel. I have been using ROMs on this device since I first bought it with the Chinese original software. I used Pixel Experience up to Android 10 and now this version of Lineage for Android 11. I have never once installed Magisk or any other root access and I have nearly always had a certified Playstore.
Very interesting... I must be missing something... Unless both Universal SafetyNet Fix and working fingerprint (Wayne?) were already integrated in ROM source... I need to add Universal SafetyNet Fix for that ROM, but running Magisk.

Strange you have SafetyNet pass w/ that ROM but can't get it with latest which includes both fixes too. 🤕 PW

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Very interesting... I must be missing something... Unless both Universal SafetyNet Fix and working fingerprint (Wayne?) were already integrated in ROM source... I need to add Universal SafetyNet Fix for that ROM, but running Magisk.

Strange you have SafetyNet pass w/ that ROM but can't get it with latest which includes both fixes too. 🤕 PW
It is fine for others, but not everyone. The only oddity I can see is that I live in Australia with a different local Playstore. That should not really effect certification. Another possible thing is the various models. Mine is an 8" MiPad4 LTE, not a Pro.
I will wait for the May release and do a clean flash and see what happens.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
It is fine for others, but not everyone. The only oddity I can see is that I live in Australia with a different local Playstore. That should not really effect certification. Another possible thing is the various models. Mine is an 8" MiPad4 LTE, not a Pro.
I will wait for the May release and do a clean flash and see what happens.
I have zackery same model. I'm in Sydney, on a rooftop... 😜 PW
IMG_20210420_154728.jpg

Reactions: GregEden

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Anyone can fix bootloop with Gapp Full? Thanks for your help
Is that OpenGapps?

Test versions of OpenGapps don't allow bootup, nor does not installing GApps at all. But I've had no issues since flashing NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip.

NikGapps is recommended in OP, but I've found that it's actually required, at least in the absence of working alternatives. PW

Last edited:
Reactions: Lê Hữu Huy

Lê Hữu Huy

Sep 4, 2014
HCMC
Is that OpenGapps?

Test versions of OpenGapps don't allow bootup, nor does not installing GApps at all. But I've had no issues since flashing NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip.

NikGapps is recommended in OP, but I've found that it's actually required, at least in the absence of working alternatives. PW
yes, I flash this pack NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip

malaquita01

Oct 17, 2015
good morning
I've been using this rom almost from the beginning on my pad4 + with very good results, keep this ahead.
With this latest update, everything is fine until magisk is put, there has been no way to get it, it stays in bootloop without being able to do anything else.
I have tried to change the BOOT I tried with the one that brings the rom as is, with the boot_clover_eas_20210401.img and with boot_clover_210413.img.
Recoverys I have tried 3.3.0 /3.4.0/ 3.5.0 and nothing I do not get.
I guess I'm doing something wrong, but what?
HELP
Same here.
Bootloop, any magisk version.
I tried poweroff too but same result.
HELP.

Reactions: juancar64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

- Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
    - minor fixes sepolicy
    - minor update blobs
    Uploading new one....with same file name.
    ok but this is a MiPad 4 rom?

And i asked what the diffrence betewwn windy and non windy is ?
    nope

karin and karin_windy is ROM for Xperia Z4 Tablet
    clover is for Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus
    I tried a straight up dirty flash, when that didn't work. Clean flash, with format data. Happy to test builds, tablet is being used as a browsing device and a ebook reader so nothing precious on it.
    One more thing I noticed - LO17 had NTFS support for the SD-card, 18.1 doesn't. I have a card with movies for the kids when we're on the go, and some of them are larger than 4GB, which means they don't fit on FAT32.
    I have a 256GB MicroSD card and it is formatted as exFAT. There is no 4GB limit with exFAT. It works as it should in my MiPad4 LTE. I am still using the March release.

I also have a 500GB Samsung USB-C external SSD and it also is formatted as exFAT and it also functions correctly with my MiPad4. It can mount and eject and has no problems.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

- Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
    - minor fixes sepolicy
    - minor update blobs
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone