• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

hydelezz

Oct 2, 2017
Just upload new kernel based on eas westcoast 4.4.270. Flash it through twrp.

Seems all hardware is working. If someone can review the performance etc, will be helpfull.
Due to permissive SElinux some apps in play store aren't working. (Zwift for example)

Performance, battery, ui fluidity is good.

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
Got black-out while downloading torrent to sd card on 0610 build with stock kernel and it damaged file system on SD card. Probably it's because of the latest updates in kernel. Same issue exists in the latest halcyon-eas 5.3 kernel, however this never happens on halcyon-eas 5.2 and previous LOS kernels.

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
Got black-out while downloading torrent to sd card on 0610 build with stock kernel and it damaged file system on SD card. Probably it's because of the latest updates in kernel. Same issue exists in the latest halcyon-eas 5.3 kernel, however this never happens on halcyon-eas 5.2 and previous LOS kernels.
Can we just flash boot.img from previous version then?

I experienced the blackout on 0610 though

Last edited:

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
You need magisk and magisk hide props config module, edit props to Clover via busybox + terminal emulator.
Thanks, but I don't want to use magisk or anything as I don't have any need for it. No root for me. The thing is, up to the march release, Playstore IS certified without Magisk or any fiddling at all. So why did that get lost?

hydelezz

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks, but I don't want to use magisk or anything as I don't have any need for it. No root for me. The thing is, up to the march release, Playstore IS certified without Magisk or any fiddling at all. So why did that get lost?
Cause of new EAS kernel maybe?
You can stay with March build forever, that's most stable one.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010

I didn't use sdcard...so can't test it.
Try with westcoast kernel...if all good, i will build rom with that kernel...

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
I didn't use sdcard...so can't test it.
Try with westcoast kernel...if all good, i will build rom with that kernel...
Westcoast behaves strange: it almost always runs cpu at 2GHz which makes tablet warm even when it's idle. Regarding sd card: looks like no blackout here, but writing speed seems limited to 4Mbps, while on stock kernel I have 30-40Mbps with same card. Also selinux is permissive.
I rolled back to kernel from 0604 build: looks OK, no issues for now.

Reactions: sabar_op

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
Flashed 0604 boot.img and it goes into boot loop for me. Revert back to westcoast for now
Do you use root/magisk? For me 0604 kernel works perfect, just cleared cache & dalvik, but I don't use root/magisk. BTW on 0610 kernel tablet was worm in cpu area when watching YouTube, on 0604 kernel it's absolutely cold.

Reactions: sabar_op

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Hi colleagues, could you confirm me the nick gapps version your are using to keep google play certified? Once I install the last lineage 0610 when Google Play updates automatically from nick's Google Play version, it swaps to no certified. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: rori1977

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
Hi colleagues, could you confirm me the nick gapps version your are using to keep google play certified? Once I install the last lineage 0610 when Google Play updates automatically from nick's Google Play version, it swaps to no certified. Thanks
Nikgapps core 0610 works for me: store shows certified.

Reactions: kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Nikgapps core 0610 works for me: store shows certified.
Thank you. I've just installed and works properly certified.

Aside, I have found a problem with the wifi because it is not able to find my 5G connection while over lineage 20210315 works awesome, has anyone face this issue? Do you know how to solve it?

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
New rom : lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Changelog :
- June security patch
- revert back kernel to 0604
Strangely I flash it and gets into bootloop. Which is the same behavior I see when I just flashed 0604 boot image. I flashed westcoast over 0615 ROM, it shows Linage boot screen but reboot to Twrp. Very very odd. Flashing 0610 boots fine again

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Strangely I flash it and gets into bootloop. Which is the same behavior I see when I just flashed 0604 boot image. I flashed westcoast over 0615 ROM, it shows Linage boot screen but reboot to Twrp. Very very odd. Flashing 0610 boots fine again

Wipe dalvik and cache?
Do you have magisk module installed?

Top Liked Posts

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
    - update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
    - minor update kernel to 4.4.275

Thanks for updates 👍
    Play Store is not certified on this build without majisk/root.
    However, Play Store is certified on the previous build - 20210718.
    Looks like MiPad4 fingerprint works for those who use majisk, but Mi6x fingerprint works for those who wants to get certified Play Store without messing up with majisk modules.
    Is anyone using OpenGapps with this rom?
    I tried pico: it works, but sometimes initial settings notification appears in status bar, does some invisible job and disappears. Reverted to 20210718 build with nickgapps to get play store certified: no issues so far.
    Thanks for updates 👍
    Play Store is not certified on this build without majisk/root.
    However, Play Store is certified on the previous build - 20210718.
    Looks like MiPad4 fingerprint works for those who use majisk, but Mi6x fingerprint works for those who wants to get certified Play Store without messing up with majisk modules.

This build only experimental (see previous posts) using clover fingerprint. Others should be same except kernel, and you can grab the kernel/boot.img and flash it through twrp to previous build.
    Saw a new release 👍 trying out soon

Yes...new update of lineage-18.1-20210718-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

Changelog :
    - July security patch
    - update kernel to 4.4.274
    - add support for app signature spoofing
    - add support to pass safety net
    - disable debug tracing and native stats for better performance
    - replace ArrayMap with HashMap for better performance.
    I can check. 🙂

Many thanks! 👍 PW

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
    - update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
    - minor update kernel to 4.4.275
    There is a thread elsewhere on XDA forums about how to fix rotation issues. It is a common problem with all MiPad ROMs caused by accidentally formatting a hidden folder called /persist
    Guys, for all hardware to work properly since Pie, you need at least late developer (weekly) firmware, the latest of which is 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version, NOT latest Stable 10.3.2 MIUI.

Note that both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) as well as full stock ROM (MIUI) are available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, and that Fastboot ROMs contain the complete set of factory images unlike recovery ROMs. See here for insight and link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84656233

Late developer (weekly) fw-vendor (Vendor) images may help with rotation problems too, so try flashing in case of problems.

Nb. Both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) can be flashed to upgrade (or downgrade if desired) independently of full stock ROM (MIUI) to fix / eliminate problems. NO need to flash full stock at all (AFAIK).

Nb.2. After flashing Vendor you may get bootloop. Simply re-flashing (dirty) ROM + GApps [+ Magisk] fixed updated installation for me. 😀 PW
    Hi all,
    I'm running this rom since sometime. Actually I'm with the 0312, after that I've seen people had some problems. Does anyone using the lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip version? How do you find it? 🤔
    Tnx
    Only updated yesterday w/ later developer fw-vendor images I posted about above on two devices.

Dirty flashed one, no issues / great so far.

Updated fw-vendor over Stock on other, got bootloop, still had twrp, clean flashed this LOS/NikGApps/Magisk and still bootloop with wipes as per OP. After Formatted data and flashed LOS/NikGApps/Magisk again, no issues / great so far!

Concluded that coming from other ROMs, FORMAT data (not just wipe) is needed if wiping / mounting data in Official twrp fails. PW
    @sabar_op just a bit of suggestion, how about we put also way to fix magisk for those who have problem in the first post (if u dont mind) so this kind of confusion (especially for someone who newly come by here) wouldnt happen frequently and, if the method to fix it change, u could just change it in first post so nobody need to hear from one they do it like this but one like this which is confusing. just a little suggestion if u dont mind. thumbs up for the rom.
    This thread has much discussion on this and all other Magisk matters:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/
    More particularly, this one:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/ has regular updates regarding SafetyNet / issues.

Really, it's not the province of ROM Devs to keep up / instruct on ever-changing methods to pass SafetyNet, and users are best to appraise themselves of current SafetyNet status / passing methods / fixes in the above threads.

Nb. Dev did have SafetyNet passing natively till recently with inbuilt spoofing, but this may now be broken.

Devs are likely to be interested in fixing / reports about ROM bugs incl. inbuilt custom mods (eg USNF and other spoofing solutions), but even these may not be a priority. 😉

At least SafetyNet still passes w/ Magisk root and module! 😛 PW
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210602-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Changelog :
    - update and fix some services.
    - update performance related to EAS kernel.