• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
New rom : lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Changelog :
- June security patch
- revert back kernel to 0604
Thank you for all your support. I've just flashed it and again I'm facing the same issue with my wifi ssid 5g, the system is not able to reach my wifi over 5G neither automatically nor manually but with 20210315 rom works without any issue. So, there is something on the kernel that is not working good onto wifi 5.

Last edited:

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Thank you for all your support. I've just flashed it and again I'm facing the same issue with my wifi ssid 5g, the system is not able to reach my wifi over 5G neither automatically nor manually but with 20210315 rom works without any issue. So, there is something on the kernel that is not working good onto wifi 5.

Working ok for me... try to change your router channel....
Or if it because of kernel, try to use 0315 boot.img and test it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Working ok for me... try to change your router channel....
Or if it because of kernel, try to use 0315 boot.img and test it.
I've already flashed 0315 boot.img but it force to a bootloop and it's not workable over the last rom. My wifi 5g setup uses channel 112 and it was fixed by me because is best around because other homes routers tend to take lower channels because over lower channels lose less information package and it let me to have a better connection playing a bit with my router settings and upper channels. So I have to stay around channel 112 over 5G wifi.

uli-hh

Aug 10, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Just updated from 20210602 version to 20210615 with dirty flashing rom and NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210612.
The device reboots fine without any boot stuck or screen flickering.
After reboot I've installed magisk 23 (flashed zip-file with TWRP). All my magisk modules and configurations (hide..) were still there.
So the safetynet check is ok and play store shows device certified.:)
But now I'm facing the WIFI 5Ghz problem also. The pad does not see the 5G of my router. With WIFI-Analyzer app I can see some 5G networks from neighborhood. In my router the device information for the 2,4 G connection shows only n not ac. :(

Last edited:

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
0615 works great for me. WiFi 5g connects in ac mode at 866Mbps, channel 149, also no issues on 36-64 channels.
As I remember, channels 100-140 are forbidden in China, also these are DFS channels, so it's better to avoid them if possible anyway. However, most likely it's configurable somewhere in wpa_suplicant.conf.
For those coming from March build, also keep in mind that on newer builds tablet has another wifi MAC address. So in case you have mac-filtering enabled on your router, it won't connect.

Reactions: kuskro and uli-hh

uli-hh

Aug 10, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
0615 works great for me. WiFi 5g connects in ac mode at 866Mbps, channel 149, also no issues on 36-64 channels.
As I remember, channels 100-140 are forbidden in China, also these are DFS channels, so it's better to avoid them if possible anyway. However, most likely it's configurable somewhere in wpa_suplicant.conf.
For those coming from March build, also keep in mind that on newer builds tablet has another wifi MAC address. So in case you have mac-filtering enabled on your router, it won't connect.
My router was using channel 116 in auto channel mode. So I changed manually to channel 44 and now 5G connection is working in ac mode at 866Mbps. :)
Thanks for your help. It's a little bit strange anyway. I've flashed many devices with custom roms in the past but never had that problem before.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
My router was using channel 116 in auto channel mode. So I changed manually to channel 44 and now 5G connection is working in ac mode at 866Mbps. :)
Thanks for your help. It's a little bit strange anyway. I've flashed many devices with custom roms in the past but never had that problem before.
The channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 are the only ones used exclusively for wifi, the rest can be used by radars or communities antenas or other devices, so the rest can be considered DFS. The only "DFS" channels locked are the 120, 124 and 128 to be used by radars exclusively. The issue I thing is not in the channels but in the frequency and how the channels are gathered in groups of 2 for 20mhz or 4 for 40mhz or 8 for 160mhz, and how they are understood by our kernel, it is an important problem because many routers in hotels, universities work at least with 80mhz and designed to use upper channels.

Could you make me a favor? Could you try with 20mhz the channel 140 or with 40mhz the channels 132 (or 136)?

Thank you in advance.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
The only changing in wifi is only in March build where I grab latest wifi firmware (vendor/bin/cnss-daemon). So this issue should related to lineageos source, and I can't do anything to fix it.

uli-hh

Aug 10, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Could you make me a favor? Could you try with 20mhz the channel 140 or with 40mhz the channels 132 (or 136)?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry but these are the only channels I can select:
5G channels.jpg

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Sorry but these are the only channels I can select:
View attachment 5340111
Your router is working with 80mhz by default over wifi 5gb. Only if you have the option of choosing 40mhz you will see channel 132 & 136 or with 20mhz the channel 140. These three channel are so good because by default the routers use 80mhz and hence nobody occupies channels 132 or 136 or 140.

Thank you anyway.

Basil_Ermakov

Mar 8, 2015
Kiev
Doesn't record internal sound via any screen recorder, very needed this feature to record lectures (.. Anybody else has this problem? Mi pad plus latest build. And is it normal i flashed flame gapss and 23 magisk , after first reboot it had 8 time boot loop(mi logo reboot and again) ? And after some time i also rebooted it also rebooted mi logo reboot mi logo after that los. Also Google play shows that is not certificated , magisk hide is activated

Last edited:

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
Your router is working with 80mhz by default over wifi 5gb. Only if you have the option of choosing 40mhz you will see channel 132 & 136 or with 20mhz the channel 140. These three channel are so good because by default the routers use 80mhz and hence nobody occupies channels 132 or 136 or 140.

Thank you anyway.
Channels 149-161 are also not-DFS, 80mhz wide and free of other routers in most cases. But even if they're allowed in your country most router manufactures disables them. Anyway it's all depends on country and regional regulations.

truewego

Mar 7, 2018
I am very happy with this ROM : lineage-18.1-20210604-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip
Home buttom and finger scan 100% work great!!
Can not found Netflix on Playstore, but can be installed from Aptoide.
100/100 Highly recommended. ^^

Attachments

• media_temp.jpg
    media_temp.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Doesn't record internal sound via any screen recorder, very needed this feature to record lectures (.. Anybody else has this problem? Mi pad plus latest build. And is it normal i flashed flame gapss and 23 magisk , after first reboot it had 8 time boot loop(mi logo reboot and again) ? And after some time i also rebooted it also rebooted mi logo reboot mi logo after that los. Also Google play shows that is not certificated , magisk hide is activated

Send the log through pm...

Reactions: hydelezz
Hi everyone, anyone experiencing the tablet not charging on 20210610 except you restart the device? I am having to restart the device after connecting charger otherwise device will be discharging instead of charging. My device is a MIPAD4 .

Also, please assist on how I can cloak the root status as Microsoft Teams and Outlook via Microsoft Corporate Portal says device in not healthy and rooted. Hence I can not connect to my work account.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I am very happy with this ROM : lineage-18.1-20210604-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip
Home buttom and finger scan 100% work great!!
Can not found Netflix on Playstore, but can be installed from Aptoide.
100/100 Highly recommended. ^^
Hi everyone, anyone experiencing the tablet not charging on 20210610 except you restart the device? I am having to restart the device after connecting charger otherwise device will be discharging instead of charging. My device is a MIPAD4 .

Also, please assist on how I can cloak the root status as Microsoft Teams and Outlook via Microsoft Corporate Portal says device in not healthy and rooted. Hence I can not connect to my work account.
I´ve faced these issues too, I mean, I couldn't install neither Netflix nor I was able to solve the problem with Team. But I installed by mistake Nickgapps-Q and it solved the problem. I've just returned to 20210315 rom with NikGapps-core-arm64-10-20210130-signed.zip.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
    - update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
    - minor update kernel to 4.4.275

Thanks for updates 👍
    Play Store is not certified on this build without majisk/root.
    However, Play Store is certified on the previous build - 20210718.
    Looks like MiPad4 fingerprint works for those who use majisk, but Mi6x fingerprint works for those who wants to get certified Play Store without messing up with majisk modules.
    Is anyone using OpenGapps with this rom?
    I tried pico: it works, but sometimes initial settings notification appears in status bar, does some invisible job and disappears. Reverted to 20210718 build with nickgapps to get play store certified: no issues so far.
    Thanks for updates 👍
    Play Store is not certified on this build without majisk/root.
    However, Play Store is certified on the previous build - 20210718.
    Looks like MiPad4 fingerprint works for those who use majisk, but Mi6x fingerprint works for those who wants to get certified Play Store without messing up with majisk modules.

This build only experimental (see previous posts) using clover fingerprint. Others should be same except kernel, and you can grab the kernel/boot.img and flash it through twrp to previous build.
    Saw a new release 👍 trying out soon

Yes...new update of lineage-18.1-20210718-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

Changelog :
    - July security patch
    - update kernel to 4.4.274
    - add support for app signature spoofing
    - add support to pass safety net
    - disable debug tracing and native stats for better performance
    - replace ArrayMap with HashMap for better performance.
    I can check. 🙂

Many thanks! 👍 PW

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
    - update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
    - minor update kernel to 4.4.275
    There is a thread elsewhere on XDA forums about how to fix rotation issues. It is a common problem with all MiPad ROMs caused by accidentally formatting a hidden folder called /persist
    Guys, for all hardware to work properly since Pie, you need at least late developer (weekly) firmware, the latest of which is 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version, NOT latest Stable 10.3.2 MIUI.

Note that both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) as well as full stock ROM (MIUI) are available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, and that Fastboot ROMs contain the complete set of factory images unlike recovery ROMs. See here for insight and link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84656233

Late developer (weekly) fw-vendor (Vendor) images may help with rotation problems too, so try flashing in case of problems.

Nb. Both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) can be flashed to upgrade (or downgrade if desired) independently of full stock ROM (MIUI) to fix / eliminate problems. NO need to flash full stock at all (AFAIK).

Nb.2. After flashing Vendor you may get bootloop. Simply re-flashing (dirty) ROM + GApps [+ Magisk] fixed updated installation for me. 😀 PW
    Hi all,
    I'm running this rom since sometime. Actually I'm with the 0312, after that I've seen people had some problems. Does anyone using the lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip version? How do you find it? 🤔
    Tnx
    Only updated yesterday w/ later developer fw-vendor images I posted about above on two devices.

Dirty flashed one, no issues / great so far.

Updated fw-vendor over Stock on other, got bootloop, still had twrp, clean flashed this LOS/NikGApps/Magisk and still bootloop with wipes as per OP. After Formatted data and flashed LOS/NikGApps/Magisk again, no issues / great so far!

Concluded that coming from other ROMs, FORMAT data (not just wipe) is needed if wiping / mounting data in Official twrp fails. PW
    @sabar_op just a bit of suggestion, how about we put also way to fix magisk for those who have problem in the first post (if u dont mind) so this kind of confusion (especially for someone who newly come by here) wouldnt happen frequently and, if the method to fix it change, u could just change it in first post so nobody need to hear from one they do it like this but one like this which is confusing. just a little suggestion if u dont mind. thumbs up for the rom.
    This thread has much discussion on this and all other Magisk matters:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/
    More particularly, this one:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/ has regular updates regarding SafetyNet / issues.

Really, it's not the province of ROM Devs to keep up / instruct on ever-changing methods to pass SafetyNet, and users are best to appraise themselves of current SafetyNet status / passing methods / fixes in the above threads.

Nb. Dev did have SafetyNet passing natively till recently with inbuilt spoofing, but this may now be broken.

Devs are likely to be interested in fixing / reports about ROM bugs incl. inbuilt custom mods (eg USNF and other spoofing solutions), but even these may not be a priority. 😉

At least SafetyNet still passes w/ Magisk root and module! 😛 PW
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210602-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Changelog :
    - update and fix some services.
    - update performance related to EAS kernel.