• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
The only changing in wifi is only in March build where I grab latest wifi firmware (vendor/bin/cnss-daemon). So this issue should related to lineageos source, and I can't do anything to fix it.
Could you compile the 20210315 wpa_supplicant inside of the last rom? I think that Vlad9ck is right and the problem with the wifi is in the last wpa_supplicant presets. Thank you in advance.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Just for info
I just installed 20210615 and NikGapps Full 20120612 by dirty flash over March release. I cleared Cache and Dalvik before flashing. I do not need nor use Magisk. It all worked. Playstore is certified. MiPad4 8" LTE. My WiFi works as does LTE, rotation works fine and everthing is as it was. Great.

My Aurvana Trio WL bluetooth earbuds connect via aptX HD.

All good thanks sabar_op

zazzeck

Dec 31, 2010
Just for info
I just installed 20210615 and NikGapps Full 20120612 by dirty flash over March release. I cleared Cache and Dalvik before flashing. I do not need nor use Magisk. It all worked. Playstore is certified. MiPad4 8" LTE. My WiFi works as does LTE, rotation works fine and everthing is as it was. Great.

My Aurvana Trio WL bluetooth earbuds connect via aptX HD.

All good thanks sabar_op
Me too.
Root with magisk after first boot, but the same flashing before. MiPad 4 Plus.
No reboot, Wifi is very well, 5ghz, everything is fine.

aerfvxx

Jun 20, 2021
Hi, thanks for your great rom! Everything works well for me except retation. I can't rotate the screen. Finally I install an app which forces the screen to landscape to make the screen rotate.:ROFLMAO:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi, thanks for your great rom! Everything works well for me except retation. I can't rotate the screen. Finally I install an app which forces the screen to landscape to make the screen rotate.:ROFLMAO:
There is a thread elsewhere on XDA forums about how to fix rotation issues. It is a common problem with all MiPad ROMs caused by accidentally formatting a hidden folder called /persist

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne

aerfvxx

Jun 20, 2021
There is a thread elsewhere on XDA forums about how to fix rotation issues. It is a common problem with all MiPad ROMs caused by accidentally formatting a hidden folder called /persist
Thanks for your help! I tried to flash MIUI and flash back LOS. However the rotation still does't work. And the rotation does work on ArrowOS. So it's not that case but a LOS issue.

andyyy1

Oct 26, 2019
Hello,

I am running lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, NikGapps and Magisk since quite a while without any issue. Out of sudden my Wifi stopped working. The pad connects to the router and disconnects straight after that again saying "no internet". That process loops endless. In the second when the pad is connects it has access to the internet because the new email notifications show up.

Troubleshooting I did already:

- deleted the wifi connection on the pad and set up new
- reset network settings on the tab
- deleted the device in the router
- deactivated 5GHz in the router

All that didn't help. Any idea what is my issue causing?

EDIT: Solved. My DNS gateway crashed in weird way as all my devices worked with no issue execpt the tab. Restarted the service and now the tab stays connected to the wifi. :) Happy.

Thanks.

Last edited:

appman1234

Jun 5, 2012
Hi! There are 2 roms for download from the link in the 1st post, namely:
1) lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
2) lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-karin_windy.zip
Which one should i used? What is the difference?
Thanks in advance!

uli-hh

Aug 10, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Hi! There are 2 roms for download from the link in the 1st post, namely:
1) lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
2) lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-karin_windy.zip
Which one should i used? What is the difference?
Thanks in advance!
This one is for MiPad4 (clover): lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zp
karin is Sony Xperia Z4

Reactions: appman1234

pndwal

Guys, for all hardware to work properly since Pie, you need at least late developer (weekly) firmware, the latest of which is 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version, NOT latest Stable 10.3.2 MIUI.

Note that both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) as well as full stock ROM (MIUI) are available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, and that Fastboot ROMs contain the complete set of factory images unlike recovery ROMs. See here for insight and link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84656233

Late developer (weekly) fw-vendor (Vendor) images may help with rotation problems too, so try flashing in case of problems.

Nb. Both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) can be flashed to upgrade (or downgrade if desired) independently of full stock ROM (MIUI) to fix / eliminate problems. NO need to flash full stock at all (AFAIK).

Nb.2. After flashing Vendor you may get bootloop. Simply re-flashing (dirty) ROM + GApps [+ Magisk] fixed updated installation for me. 😀 PW

Last edited:

pndwal

Hi all,
I'm running this rom since sometime. Actually I'm with the 0312, after that I've seen people had some problems. Does anyone using the lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip version? How do you find it? 🤔
Tnx
Only updated yesterday w/ later developer fw-vendor images I posted about above on two devices.

Dirty flashed one, no issues / great so far.

Updated fw-vendor over Stock on other, got bootloop, still had twrp, clean flashed this LOS/NikGApps/Magisk and still bootloop with wipes as per OP. After Formatted data and flashed LOS/NikGApps/Magisk again, no issues / great so far!

Concluded that coming from other ROMs, FORMAT data (not just wipe) is needed if wiping / mounting data in Official twrp fails. PW

Last edited:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi all,
I'm running this rom since sometime. Actually I'm with the 0312, after that I've seen people had some problems. Does anyone using the lineage-18.1-20210615-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip version? How do you find it? 🤔
Tnx
I did a dirty flash of 0615 over 0312 and also flashed NikGapps Full 0612. It worked fine. I have a verified Playstore and no issues with bootloops or rotation. I have the MiPad 4 8.0 LTE version. Wifi, LTE and GPS all work. My bluetooth headsets work with aptX HD. You must do both Lineage and NikGapps or it will fail.

I do not need nor use Magisk.

Reactions: pippoparecchio

Wizballs

Nov 15, 2011
Brisbane
Hi all, anyone have a non-lte version? Wondering what the battery life is like in standby with this rom. Closer to 2% every 24 hours, or closer to 6-8% every 24 hours? Thanks in advance...

Top Liked Posts

New update : 20210920 see 1st link for the download.

Changelog :
    - update graphic and ril blobs
    - update thermal hal
    - update camera hal
    - experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
    - fix issue no ril (not tested)
    - update fstab to enable encryption (not tested)
    - others.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    Hi @sabar_op, just for curiosity, will you be so brave to test the A12 in a present future? 🤔 😂

Yes..as long as I still have the device.
    New update : 20210920 see 1st link for the download.

Changelog :
    - update graphic and ril blobs
    - update thermal hal
    - update camera hal
    - experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
    - fix issue no ril (not tested)
    - update fstab to enable encryption (not tested)
    - others.
    Dirty flash over August, clear cache/dalvik. Restart and no problems so far and Playstore is certified.
    thanks Sabar
    Hi @sabar_op, just for curiosity, will you be so brave to test the A12 in a present future? 🤔 😂
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.