• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
Hi , I installed this latest version on my pad 4 lte and all seems to work good.
I have found the problem with LOS arrow buttons which we can add to the keyboard. Using both arrow keys does not have any effect . I use gboard.

What is the correct fingerprint I have to set in props for have safetynet passed in magic ?

jekiDlemot

Apr 10, 2016
Anyone can explain to me how did u manage to install magisk while maintaining Google certificate and safety check okay? I clean install the ROM just like what is written on the first post( flash ROM, flash Nik gapps, then magisk) but still getting CTS profile uncheck, and no certificate. I have read some of the previous post like using hide, that terminal thing, but still no change. Thank you

pndwal

Anyone can explain to me how did u manage to install magisk while maintaining Google certificate and safety check okay? I clean install the ROM just like what is written on the first post( flash ROM, flash Nik gapps, then magisk) but still getting CTS profile uncheck, and no certificate. I have read some of the previous post like using hide, that terminal thing, but still no change. Thank you
Universal Safety Net Fix as well as a certified fingerprint are now necessary to pass ctsProfile, but AFAIK these are both still integrated in this ROM.

Likely you just need to toggle off and on again MagiskHide in Magisk settings, and w/ passing ctsProfile, clear Google PlayStore and Google Play Services data to see Device is certified.

Nb. EDXposed is recently tripping SafetyNet. Solution for users is to uninstall and install LSPosed instead; it's working / passing fine. PW

Last edited:

pndwal

Hi , I installed this latest version on my pad 4 lte and all seems to work good.
I have found the problem with LOS arrow buttons which we can add to the keyboard. Using both arrow keys does not have any effect . I use gboard.

What is the correct fingerprint I have to set in props for have safetynet passed in magic ?
See above. Probably not needed. Wayne print was working fine, and proper Clover / Mi Pad 4 print (from MHPC repo) was also good for me, but problems have been reported with this recently... I think you can simply leave it as set by Dev. PW

jekiDlemot

Apr 10, 2016
Universal Safety Net Fix as well as a certified fingerprint are now necessary to pass ctsProfile, but AFAIK these are both still integrated in this ROM.

Likely you just need to toggle off and on again MagiskHide in Magisk settings, and w/ passing ctsProfile, clear Google PlayStore and Google Play Services data to see Device is certified.

Nb. EDXposed is recently tripping SafetyNet. Solution for users is to uninstall and install LSPosed instead; it's working / passing fine. PW
Tried toggling it on off then wiped play store and services cache and data, still device is not certified on play store. The same for the cts profile (checked it after play certificate). And anyone can explain why is that matter, since I don't have any problem whatsoever right now. But would like to know if someone can describe how did they fix that really.

pndwal

Tried toggling it on off then wiped play store and services cache and data, still device is not certified on play store. The same for the cts profile (checked it after play certificate). And anyone can explain why is that matter, since I don't have any problem whatsoever right now. But would like to know if someone can describe how did they fix that really.
Mine was passing a few days ago... I'll check
again when home (soon).

Matters for bank apps, Netflix etc that poll SafetyNet API.

What modules are installed on Device? PW

Edit:

Did you say you toggled SafetyNet on, then off again?? ... But I said to toggle off, then ON again! 😜 PW

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
But would like to know if someone can describe how did they fix that really.
Yesterday i played and have fingerprint Xiaomi A3 android 11. No certificate no safety net.
1. Switched off all modules except props. Turned of and on magic hide, deleted data of both googles. Restart and no change.
2. Switched on safety net fix 1.1.1 , magic hide off and on, deleted data of both google, restart, safety net ok and certificate ok.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
But would like to know if someone can describe how did they fix that really.
Yesterday I played and have fingerprint Xiaomi A3 android 11 , no china version (I do not remember if I choose global or Europe), result: no safety net.
1.I switched off all modules except props. I turned of and on magic hide, deleted data of both googles (services and play). Restart and no change.
2. I switched on universal safety net fix 1.1.1 , magic hide off and on, deleted data of both googles, restart, and I have safety net ok .
3. Switched on riru and edxposed modules and I do not have safetynet.

My play does not have an information if is certified or not. I do not know if this is good information.

4. I replaced edxposed with lsposed and i have safety net ok.

Last edited:

jekiDlemot

Apr 10, 2016
again when home (soon).

Edit:

Did you say you toggled SafetyNet on, then off again?? ... But I said to toggle off, then ON again! 😜 PW
I mean off then on, no module except magiskhide and systemless host. I just flashed it yesterday. Any information would be appreciated.

jekiDlemot

Apr 10, 2016
again when home (soon).

Edit:

I mean off then on, no module except magiskhide and systemless host. I just flashed it yesterday. Any information would be appreciated.

jekiDlemot

Apr 10, 2016
Yesterday i played and have fingerprint Xiaomi A3 android 11 , no china version, result: no safety net.
1. Switched off all modules except props. Turned of and on magic hide, deleted data of both googles. Restart and no change.
2. Switched on safety net fix 1.1.1 , magic hide off and on, deleted data of both google, restart, safety net ok .
3. Switched on riru and edexposed and I do not have safetynet.

My play does not have an information if is certified or not. I do not know if this is good information.

4. Replaced edxposed with lsxposed and i have safety net ok.
Will try the safety net fix, and inform what happen

pndwal

@jekiDlemot, @sabar_op

Bit further:

Observations re. SafetyNet w/ 210605 build:

SafetyNet is passing fine for me, but I have only recently dirty flashed 18.1 over 17.1, and still had Magisk w/ Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

I have just tested with USNF disabled, and get FAILED SafetyNet result, so conclude that inbuilt USNF solution has been removed or is incompatible / disabled with Magisk.

With USNF module enabled in in Magisk I get full SafetyNet PASS.

This 210605 build reverts to Xiaomi Mi 6X (Wayne) fingerprint, and this works fine for full SafetyNet PASS.

I have just tested Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Clover) / MagiskHide Props Config module and can confirm that despite reports of failure, this also results in a full SafetyNet PASS (at least with Magisk)!

It could be that some have mistakenly selected Xiaomi Mi Pad Global (Mocha), which is original 2014 Mi Pad 1 / 7.9 model. This does give FAILED SafetyNet result.

🤠 PW

Last edited:

pndwal

Usually if nothing shows, Device is certified result will appear after some time as long as you have network connection and full SafetyNet PASS. And it should show immediately if you wipe data for PlayStore and Play Services. 👍 PW

pndwal

Yes, it can be installed , but only lsposed activated and both are not tripping SafetyNet.
Oh, see what you mean... of course 'not active' is the same as not installed with Magisk modules (at least for the system components) as nothing gets overlayed on system at boot time...

Incidentally, that's why we can recover from bootloop caused by incompatible modules with boot-to-safe-mode (disables modules); simply disabling effectively removes them from system. PW

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clean install and all works great on MI PAD 4 (not Plus)... installed GAPPS Pico and all great working flawlessly.

Then I did however encountered a boot loop after enabling encryption. I saw other folks with same issue.
    Any clues of what this can be?

Problem is that I cannot get out of it...

I am using the latest TWRP 3.5.2 and still kinda stuck in boot loop... I did a backup of all partitions before the encryption and did a restore after that... no luck... then I wiped system partition > factory reset > davlik/cache and then installed again the latest 20210920 but I am still stuck at boot loop...

Any ideas on how to get out of here? I have a backup of all partitions.
    Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.
    On the telegram Mi Pad 4 Support Group (AOSP) they are discussing the same problem and there you can find links to two recoveries that can handle encryption correctly. One is a modified TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-clover-fbe-20210827.img) and the other one is OrangeFox (OrangeFox-clover-fbe-20210827.zip)
    Have you try latest rom?
    Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.

Not sure why it doesn't work, it may be twrp need to be updated to support R encryption.

I'm some how unable to generate a working invitation link in telegram, so copied this link witch I've found in a german forum.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.