• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

pndwal

Just upload lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, changelog :
- update fingerprint along with vendor security patch as per discussion.
- minor update kernel to 4.4.275
Very sorry I got distracted and hadn't tested this sooner.

I can confirm that integrated clover fingerprint is not working.

I tried without Magisk root, then with Magisk; SafetyNet check fails in both instances.

On activating Mi Pad 4 China print via MHPC, SafetyNet passes again.

Both prints show identically as Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys, but seems they must in fact differ... Perhaps there still a Security patch date mismatch? (ro.build.version.security_patch should = 2018-10-01). PW

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021
On Mi Pad 4 wifi only after a format and clean install I was unable to encrypt the tablet (mi splash screen on and off numerous time) Same thing appended with other ROMs (android 11) everything worked on lineage 17.1 or android 10 custom ROMs so I think is a problem of android. Is anybodyelse having this issue? and how you solve it? I really would like my tablet encrypted

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Very sorry I got distracted and hadn't tested this sooner.

I can confirm that integrated clover fingerprint is not working.

I tried not without Magisk root, then with Magisk; SafetyNet check fails in both instances.

On activating Mi Pad 4 China print via MHPC, SafetyNet passes again.

Both prints show identically as Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys, but seems they must in fact differ... Perhaps there still a Security patch date mismatch? (ro.build.version.security_patch should = 2018-10-01). PW

The security patch should be already 2018-10-01 as it is in device tree.

Reactions: pndwal

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
On Mi Pad 4 wifi only after a format and clean install I was unable to encrypt the tablet (mi splash screen on and off numerous time) Same thing appended with other ROMs (android 11) everything worked on lineage 17.1 or android 10 custom ROMs so I think is a problem of android. Is anybodyelse having this issue? and how you solve it? I really would like my tablet encrypted

Is encrypted supported by the twrp?

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I cant connect 5ghz channel too
All updates after 20210315 have from 100-140 channels blocked for 5ghz. It is an important issue because in European countries the routers swap automatic from 36 to 112 channels, so you have to fixed manually the channel used by your router losing the option of letting the router operates freely to catch the best channel everytime.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
All updates after 20210315 have from 100-140 channels blocked for 5ghz. It is an important issue because in European countries the routers swap automatic from 36 to 112 channels, so you have to fixed manually the channel used by your router losing the option of letting the router operates freely to catch the best channel everytime.
Does it mean , this fix is done for compatibility with EU laws , but routers work agains EU laws ?

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
I was still running lineage-18.1-20210315-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. I updated to lineage-18.1-20210718-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip as that one seems to have certified store without external apps, which is what I want. I did wipe cache after update. It works, and it is certified, but the bootloader needs about 4-10 retries every startup before it actually starts booting the tablet. The Mi screen is on for about a minute, then it completely reboots to 'try' again, and after 4-10 times it finally 'works' and then it boots fine and everthing works. As this is before anything is actually running, I suppose I can't grab any logs for that.
I reverted to the march release which works perfectly fine, but is missing some security updates obviously, which is the only reason I would want to update.
Any clue?

crypticc

Aug 22, 2009
London

crypticc

Aug 22, 2009
London
New update lineage-18.1-20210807-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip (not yet tested by me)

Changelog :
- Aug security patch
- Update kernel to 4.4.277
TY

did you get a chance to look at the WiFi channels allowed?
I am NOT entirely sure but quick google suggests in bcmwifi_channels.c in the kernel might be invovled.

Update - I can't see this in your sources.
But I see elsewhere you mention changing cnss-daemon. Could that be involved?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    New update : 20210920 see 1st link for the download.

Changelog :
    - update graphic and ril blobs
    - update thermal hal
    - update camera hal
    - experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
    - fix issue no ril (not tested)
    - update fstab to enable encryption (not tested)
    - others.
    Hi @sabar_op, just for curiosity, will you be so brave to test the A12 in a present future? 🤔 😂

Yes..as long as I still have the device.
    Dirty flash over August, clear cache/dalvik. Restart and no problems so far and Playstore is certified.
    thanks Sabar
    When I installed Android 11, I can't post a video on Instagram, is there a solution?

Have you try with Sept ROM?
    Send me the log.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.