• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
TY

did you get a chance to look at the WiFi channels allowed?
I am NOT entirely sure but quick google suggests in bcmwifi_channels.c in the kernel might be invovled.

Update - I can't see this in your sources.
But I see elsewhere you mention changing cnss-daemon. Could that be involved?

You can try it by your self, and let me know the result. Mine is ok with this configuration, so I don't have any intention to investigate or change it.

Reactions: wwt

JeeHaa

Aug 28, 2007
FYI: I just updated from 17.1 to 18.1 without wipe, and no issues so far.
I just installed the latest TWRP, installed the latest 18.1 ROM + OpenGapps Nano, rebooted and done!

Jun 17, 2021
Great job, works well and Safety net (included CTS) passed without problem.

Only a major issue Avast found a malware in "Provider Certificate sistem" so I am rolling back to the previous built

Last edited:

LiteOnAlways

Jul 9, 2011
Hello, I have no location with Google maps, A-Gps not working.
Also Google contacts are not syncing.
Latest update 18.1.
I have Mi pad 4 this is the one without Gps.

sb56637

Nov 29, 2010
Is anybody running this on a WiFI-only miPad 4? If so, could you please describe your standby battery drain? It appears that LTE miPads don't have any problems, but the WiFI-only version usually has much higher standby battery drain even in deep sleep with WiFI and Bluetooth turned off. The only ROM so far that I've tried that doesn't have this problem is ArrowOS, but it looks like they've stopped updating for Clover. Thanks!

Also, it appears that Gapps are required for this ROM to work correctly. By any chance would microG (fake alternative Google services/framework masquerading as the real thing) work?

Jun 17, 2021
Is anybody running this on a WiFI-only miPad 4? If so, could you please describe your standby battery drain? It appears that LTE miPads don't have any problems, but the WiFI-only version usually has much higher standby battery drain even in deep sleep with WiFI and Bluetooth turned off. The only ROM so far that I've tried that doesn't have this problem is ArrowOS, but it looks like they've stopped updating for Clover. Thanks!

Also, it appears that Gapps are required for this ROM to work correctly. By any chance would microG (fake alternative Google services/framework masquerading as the real thing) work?
I do have mi pad 4 wi fi only battery drain was 0.8-1%/ h so not bad. I had to switch ROM cause I did find a malware (avast) on 18.1 and I went for carbon official. With Carbon 8.0 ROM there is some less customisation but battery drain is 0.3%/h

Reactions: sb56637

appman1234

Jun 5, 2012

I'm using MiPad 4 Wifi version. No standby battery drain found.

The following from my MiPad 4:
- Battery at 82% (more than 2 days left)
- Last full charge is 47 hours ago
- Screen usage since full charge: 9min

Great build, thanks!

Reactions: sb56637
Jun 17, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-071911_AccuBattery_1.png
    Screenshot_20210811-071911_AccuBattery_1.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 26

Wizballs

Nov 15, 2011
Brisbane

I'll try and upload some logs on the weekend, and if we are lucky the dev maybe able to take a look. I have wifi only also and this is a common problem on pretty much every rom except arrowos. Logs do show entries every second or so regarding radio/sim1

sb56637

Nov 29, 2010
I'll try and upload some logs on the weekend, and if we are lucky the dev maybe able to take a look. I have wifi only also and this is a common problem on pretty much every rom except arrowos. Logs do show entries every second or so regarding radio/sim1
That would be good, thanks. I also suspect that it has something to do with it expecting a cellular signal even though it's WiFI only. There's a hidden diagnostics and settings menu in Android that you can access from the phone app by dialing *#*#4636#*#* which has a cellular radio "enabled" toggle on mine. And in Better Battery Stats it shows "No or Unknown Signal" 100% of the time.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
That would be good, thanks. I also suspect that it has something to do with it expecting a cellular signal even though it's WiFI only. There's a hidden diagnostics and settings menu in Android that you can access from the phone app by dialing *#*#4636#*#* which has a cellular radio "enabled" toggle on mine. And in Better Battery Stats it shows "No or Unknown Signal" 100% of the time.

Try to edit build.prop :
Remove path vendor.rild.libpath (vendor.rild.libpath=/vendor/lib64/libril-qc-hal-qmi.so -> vendor.rild.libpath=)

And also add this line :
ro.carrier=wifi-only
ro.radio.noril=true

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clean install and all works great on MI PAD 4 (not Plus)... installed GAPPS Pico and all great working flawlessly.

Then I did however encountered a boot loop after enabling encryption. I saw other folks with same issue.
    Any clues of what this can be?

Problem is that I cannot get out of it...

I am using the latest TWRP 3.5.2 and still kinda stuck in boot loop... I did a backup of all partitions before the encryption and did a restore after that... no luck... then I wiped system partition > factory reset > davlik/cache and then installed again the latest 20210920 but I am still stuck at boot loop...

Any ideas on how to get out of here? I have a backup of all partitions.
    Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.
    On the telegram Mi Pad 4 Support Group (AOSP) they are discussing the same problem and there you can find links to two recoveries that can handle encryption correctly. One is a modified TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-clover-fbe-20210827.img) and the other one is OrangeFox (OrangeFox-clover-fbe-20210827.zip)
    Have you try latest rom?
    Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.

Not sure why it doesn't work, it may be twrp need to be updated to support R encryption.

I'm some how unable to generate a working invitation link in telegram, so copied this link witch I've found in a german forum.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.