• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

Abuamar354

Jan 20, 2020
Saya mengalami masalah saat mengisi baterai, saI have a problem charging the battery, it's very slow..is there a solution? in the previous room I used Arrow, while I was playing games and the battery charger was still fully charged... But in this room I play games while charging the battery but the battery actually decreases... Is there a solution? Thank you...

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
Yup.

So do you have baseband version 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 now? ... It's not clear. PW
SO just for my understanding. With my MiPad 4 Plus WiFi (no LTE) I have bootloops too. Once in about 10 times though it continues to boot, and then it works fine. So there's a (timing?) issue with the bootloader I assume.
Regarding the firmware, I have fw_clover_miui_MIPAD4_9.8.29_6647b25a58_8.1.zip. Is that the correct one?

pndwal

SO just for my understanding. With my MiPad 4 Plus WiFi (no LTE) I have bootloops too. Once in about 10 times though it continues to boot, and then it works fine. So there's a (timing?) issue with the bootloader I assume.
Regarding the firmware, I have fw_clover_miui_MIPAD4_9.8.29_6647b25a58_8.1.zip. Is that the correct one?
Yes, this is developer (weekly) firmware 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version and was updated,/ is needed for Android Pie+. (Latest Stable = 10.3.2 MIUI.)

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
Yes, this is developer (weekly) firmware 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version and was updated,/ is needed for Android Pie+. (Latest Stable = 10.3.2 MIUI.)
Ok thanks. I assume I don't have to re-flash that firmware after I updated to it once. ROM updates (at least the ones from this Lineage thread) do not update any of these firmwares right?
Still I have those bootloops with anything past the march or maybe may release. Should I flash the clover boot image that is supplied seperately? Or what would that be for, as a boot image is of course also supplied in the Lineage ROMs?

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
Anyone tried pairing a bluetooth keyboard to LOS 18.1?

The keyboard paired successfully to my phone and win10 laptop, but not Mipad4 Plus with LOS 18.1.

It connects but drops connection shortly after. Wonder if anyone has a fix?

Edit: The new keyboard has trackpad as well, wonder if it makes any diff
Since my last posts, I managed to get my hand on another similar MiPad 4 Plus LTE.

Both are exactly the same and I installed the latest 18.1 on both, here's my observation:
- Device 1: Bluetooth keyboard pairs in Eu Miui, but not in 18.1. Keyboard will pair but drop connection. My BT earbuds pair well though. Also LTE works well.
- Device 2: Bluetooth keyboard pairs in both Eu Miui and LOS 18.1. HOWEVER, LTE doesn't work!!! Both in Miui and LOS! It sees my sim card name and phone number but just doesn't seems to be able to pickup any network signal
* Restoring TWRP data partition between the 2 devices doesn't help either. I've also flashed latest firmware. Nothing help with above situation

Now it makes me wonder, are there different MiPad4 Plus LTE manufactured by Xiaomi? The Rom seems to be picking up different drivers for each device?!?

Last edited:

pndwal

Since my last posts, I managed to get my hand on another similar MiPad 4 Plus LTE.

Both are exactly the same and I installed the latest 18.1 on both, here's my observation:
- Device 1: Bluetooth keyboard pairs in Eu Miui, but not in 18.1. Keyboard will pair but drop connection. My BT earbuds pair well though. Also LTE works well.
- Device 2: Bluetooth keyboard pairs in both Eu Miui and LOS 18.1. HOWEVER, LTE doesn't work!!! Both in Miui and LOS! It sees my sim card name and phone number but just doesn't seems to be able to pickup any network signal
* Restoring TWRP data partition between the 2 devices doesn't help either. I've also flashed latest firmware. Nothing help with above situation

Now it makes me wonder, are there different MiPad4 Plus LTE manufactured by Xiaomi? The Rom seems to be picking up different drivers for each device?!?
Please check baseband in Settings on both devices.

Do both have baseband version 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 from developer (weekly) firmware 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version?

This was updated / is needed for Android Pie+ (NOT Latest Stable, 10.3.2 MIUI.) and fixes many issues incl. call problems both with mobile network and using voip calling apps, WhatsApp, Skype etc. See my posts above.

If on older baseband you can update firmware only; no need to flash whole developer preview ROM. 👍 PW

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
Please check baseband in Settings on both devices.

Do both have baseband version 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 from developer (weekly) firmware 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version?

This was updated / is needed for Android Pie+ (NOT Latest Stable, 10.3.2 MIUI.) and fixes many issues incl. call problems both with mobile network and using voip calling apps, WhatsApp, Skype etc. See my posts above.

If on older baseband you can update firmware only; no need to flash whole developer preview ROM. 👍 PW
I tried both 9.8.29 and 10.3.2, same problem

Jun 17, 2021
Excellent work, as always, this new update (September) scanned free of malware. Battery drain is 0.5% per hour so for me it is very good. CTS passed no problem.
Only minor issues in rendering some images with reading apps (but it is a issue that I found in almost all ROMs except carbon or very light ROMs)
Does anyone tried encryption?

Last edited:

511v3r

Apr 1, 2021
As long as you have baseband I mentioned I guess it wouldn't hurt if you suspect some custom ROM etc messed it up.... PW
After much trial and error. Using persist restored from original china miui, I managed to get LTE working on both tablets. However the bluetooth keyboard still doesn't pair with one of my MiPad4+. Again, interestingly when I flash EU Miui over it, the keyboard pairs, just not in LOS 😑

Reactions: pndwal

pndwal

After much trial and error. Using persist restored from original china miui, I managed to get LTE working on both tablets. However the bluetooth keyboard still doesn't pair with one of my MiPad4+. Again, interestingly when I flash EU Miui over it, the keyboard pairs, just not in LOS 😑
Also, here is FW+Vendor image from latest developer firmware:
May help. It's GitHub link for "Mi Pad 4 (Plus)" from here:
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/

🙂 PW

Reactions: 511v3r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update : 20210920 see 1st link for the download.

Changelog :
    - update graphic and ril blobs
    - update thermal hal
    - update camera hal
    - experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
    - fix issue no ril (not tested)
    - update fstab to enable encryption (not tested)
    - others.
    Have you try latest rom?
    On the telegram Mi Pad 4 Support Group (AOSP) they are discussing the same problem and there you can find links to two recoveries that can handle encryption correctly. One is a modified TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-clover-fbe-20210827.img) and the other one is OrangeFox (OrangeFox-clover-fbe-20210827.zip)
    When I installed Android 11, I can't post a video on Instagram, is there a solution?

Have you try with Sept ROM?
    Send me the log.
    Clean install and all works great on MI PAD 4 (not Plus)... installed GAPPS Pico and all great working flawlessly.

Then I did however encountered a boot loop after enabling encryption. I saw other folks with same issue.
    Any clues of what this can be?

Problem is that I cannot get out of it...

I am using the latest TWRP 3.5.2 and still kinda stuck in boot loop... I did a backup of all partitions before the encryption and did a restore after that... no luck... then I wiped system partition > factory reset > davlik/cache and then installed again the latest 20210920 but I am still stuck at boot loop...

Any ideas on how to get out of here? I have a backup of all partitions.
    Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.
    LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.