• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 [R] [11] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

rchoi999

May 6, 2011
Thanks again for the update.

With the latest update 20210920, turning off /on mobile data or airplane mode off/on, system reboots. Restore previous kernel ok.

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
New update : 20210920 see 1st link for the download.

Changelog :
- update graphic and ril blobs
- update thermal hal
- update camera hal
- experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
- fix issue no ril (not tested)
- update fstab to enable encryption (not tested)
- others.

As with all updates after may, I can't get it to boot properly on my MiPad 4 Plus LTE (but no sim inserted). Sometimes it will get past the bootloader (Mi logo) but only about one out of 10 times. Then in works fine. I always go back to the march release as that works perfectly and has certified store.
But still I'd like to figure this out. Dirty or clean flash doesn't matter. Firmware is 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 although I might believe that only had to with lte which I don't actively use.
As I can't connect ADB or anything when the system doesn't boot, how to get forward? Should I reflesh the vendor and firmware stuff?

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
As with all updates after may, I can't get it to boot properly on my MiPad 4 Plus LTE (but no sim inserted). Sometimes it will get past the bootloader (Mi logo) but only about one out of 10 times. Then in works fine. I always go back to the march release as that works perfectly and has certified store.
But still I'd like to figure this out. Dirty or clean flash doesn't matter. Firmware is 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 although I might believe that only had to with lte which I don't actively use.
As I can't connect ADB or anything when the system doesn't boot, how to get forward? Should I reflesh the vendor and firmware stuff?

Can you take dmesg? Before it reboot, press and hold power + volume down, once it reboot, change volume down to volume up to boot to twrp (still press and hold power button). Then go to /sys/fs/pstore.

I also have mi pad 4 plus lte without sim card inserted, no issue reboot such as your case.

Zack divoi

Sep 20, 2021
LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
- Download the zip(s).
- Install latest TWRP for clover
- Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
- Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
- Flash ROM.
- Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
- Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
sdm660
When I installed Android 11, I can't post a video on Instagram, is there a solution?

Jun 17, 2021
[WARNING] the new update 20092021 scanned positive of 2 malwares in root folder. (Avast scan)
Previous version 16092021 was free of malware.
I did a dirty flash ... Then went back to 16092021 and scanned again (still free of malware) so the problem must be in the new built

pmjcr

Dec 13, 2010

Changelog :
- update thermal hal
- update camera hal
- experimental kernel using westcoast (seems stable). If facing issue, use prev kernel.
- others.
Clean install and all works great on MI PAD 4 (not Plus)... installed GAPPS Pico and all great working flawlessly.

Then I did however encountered a boot loop after enabling encryption. I saw other folks with same issue.
Any clues of what this can be?

Problem is that I cannot get out of it...

I am using the latest TWRP 3.5.2 and still kinda stuck in boot loop... I did a backup of all partitions before the encryption and did a restore after that... no luck... then I wiped system partition > factory reset > davlik/cache and then installed again the latest 20210920 but I am still stuck at boot loop...

Any ideas on how to get out of here? I have a backup of all partitions.

Last edited:

pmjcr

Dec 13, 2010
Clean install and all works great on MI PAD 4 (not Plus)... installed GAPPS Pico and all great working flawlessly.

Then I did however encountered a boot loop after enabling encryption. I saw other folks with same issue.

I am using the latest TWRP 3.5.2 and still kinda stuck in boot loop... I did a backup of all partitions before the encryption and did a restore after that... no luck... then I wiped system partition > factory reset > davlik/cache and then installed again the latest 20210920 but I am still stuck at boot loop...

Well I was able to fix the problem myself... was pretty tough!

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010

Had to install chinese version of MIUI ROM via Fastboot but because Fastboot was always rebooting it could not flash everything.. so Data partitions was not there... then create /data manually via fastboot and then reflashed LOS 18.1.... then restored the backup on /system and /data. Then I had to remove the lockscreen.db file since pin locking was not unlocking... was really painfull...

All in all, encryption is not working and is a really pain to put back everything working again. I recommend not to put anything sensitive to your tablet as the files can be accessed via TWRP or even accessed via the tablet itself by removing the lockscreen.db file from /data/system... Is really unsafe to use the tablet in this situation.

Not sure why it doesn't work, it may be twrp need to be updated to support R encryption.

Reactions: pndwal

pmjcr

Dec 13, 2010
On the telegram Mi Pad 4 Support Group (AOSP) they are discussing the same problem and there you can find links to two recoveries that can handle encryption correctly. One is a modified TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-clover-fbe-20210827.img) and the other one is OrangeFox (OrangeFox-clover-fbe-20210827.zip)
Thanks. Sure is that group name? It seems not to find the account

pndwal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Changelog :
    - update thermal hal
    - update camera hal
    - others.
    Have you try latest rom?
    On the telegram Mi Pad 4 Support Group (AOSP) they are discussing the same problem and there you can find links to two recoveries that can handle encryption correctly. One is a modified TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-clover-fbe-20210827.img) and the other one is OrangeFox (OrangeFox-clover-fbe-20210827.zip)
    When I installed Android 11, I can't post a video on Instagram, is there a solution?

Have you try with Sept ROM?
    Send me the log.

LineageOS 18.1, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Download the zip(s).
    - Install latest TWRP for clover
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Wipe dalvik/cache (upgrade from lineageos 18.1) and wipe system/data if upgrade from other rom.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is recommended) is a must.
    - Optional: Flash latest Magisk for root.

Everything should work.

Source :
    sdm660
    New update : lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. see 1st post for the link.
    - April build security patch
    - EAS kernel integrated (fingerprint and touchscreen looks ok).
    - Update blobs gps, wfd, ril, and wifi.
    - Safetynet fix integration and change fingerprint to clover. Thanks to @pndwal
    - etc (see common tree in sdm660 source).
    New update for LOS18.1 and PE11 dated on 20210312 (see 1st post for the link) with March security patch.
    New update : see 1st post for the link
    - September security patch.
    - Add support for app signature spoofing (not tested).

I also upload new kernel 4.4.283 for anyone who want to try it.
    FWIW, I've used MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module to change Xiaomi Mi 6X fingerprint (xiaomi/wayne/wayne:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V9.5.11.0.ODCCNFA:user/release-keys) to Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 China (Xiaomi/clover/clover:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.019/V10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI:user/release-keys) from MHPC repo.

Either value works fine to pass safetynet along with Universal SafetyNet Fix module. 👍 PW

Yes...just try it and it pass the safetynet...and build new rom along with some updates in blobs and integrate it with EAS kernel...

I am waiting update April security patch to release the rom.