• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 18.1 recovery with OxygenOS 11?

Search This thread

Feenix0

I've just finished setting up my T-Mobile 7T with the global v. 11.0.0.2 firmware and Magisk 23. I'm really like a more versatile recovery, and I'm not keen on the experimental version of TWRP that's currently available. Is there any reason to think that the recovery from the 7T build of LineageOS 18.1 would cause problems?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Quoted oos recovery allows oos backup reliably. Restoring needs 2 steps: 1st restore all but data; reboot, skip google setup, remove lock screen in security section, reboot back into twrp; then restore data, reboot twice (1st time has no nav bar, 2nd time nav bar appears)

Feenix0

Quoted oos recovery allows oos backup reliably. Restoring needs 2 steps: 1st restore all but data; reboot, skip google setup, remove lock screen in security section, reboot back into twrp; then restore data, reboot twice (1st time has no nav bar, 2nd time nav bar appears)
I don't quite understand. Are you saying that the stock OxygenOS recovery does backups?