• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 19.0 (Android 12) [Signature Spoofing] for S8/S8+/Note8

Search This thread

CypherIMC

Feb 25, 2018
WARNING:

i tried flashing back Lineage OS 9 from backup but it would not boot up and is soft-bricked

i can only boot into download mode and only twrp-3.1.1-2-dreamlte.img works, all other's fail to boot (just freezes on TWRP logo and sometimes flickers black as it re-trying)

when i try to manually flash Lineage 9 it sais "error: this package is for dreamlte. this device is ."

i tried restoring TWRP 3.6 and Lineage OS 19 from backup but it still wont boot (just freezes again)

IT IS NOT BOOTLOOPING

restoring the stock S8 rom that i backed up a year ago with TWRP seemed to fix it, not sure if it has something to do with EFS and/or Baseband partition or some other partition (i has every partition backed up) so i am not sure what fixed it
Yes you have this problem because you have installed the dream2lte version of the rom and your twrp is dreamlte, you ahve to flash both with dreamlte!

J0hnC

Dec 5, 2021
I had the same problem with chrome. Now i'm using opera mini, its working without freezes.
Eu também tenho um problema para jogar a impressão de que está congelando, mas não acho que seja isso !, O miracast assim que se conecta à TV, o aparelho reinicia. no entanto, o sistema é bastante fluido.

Translated by GT: I also have a problem to play the impression that it's freezing, but I don't think that's it!, The miracast as soon as it connects to the TV, the device restarts. however, the system is quite fluid.

Last edited by a moderator:

kIERO's

Jan 9, 2012
Amazing work, I know some of this aren't implemented but here is my initial testing of the ROM:

• Wifi on restart doesn't auto connects, I had to restart wifi for it to work.
  • "Cast screen" doesn't work. It detects my "chromecast" but it stops after I select it.
  • "Heart Rate sensor" doesn't work. Tested with known working app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macropinch.hydra.android
  • "Iris scanner" doesn't work, not implemented?
  • CONFIGURATION -> SYSTEM -> DEVELOPER -> "Disable HW Overlays" always on by default, otherwise UI lags like hell.
  • CONFIGURATION -> SYSTEM -> GESTURES -> Press and hold power button, to turn on flashlight. doesn't work.
  • CONFIGURATION -> SYSTEM -> STATUS BAR -> Brightness options don't do anything.
  • CONFIGURATION -> SYSTEM -> "Quick pull down" doesn't work
  • Random System UI freezes for a few seconds, ¿oom killer? ¿ram related? I have no idea how to debug this as logcat spams too much info.
  • Video playing at "1080p60fps HDR" doesn't work, freezes video. Tested on Youtube.

edit:
  • NFC not working Snowers96 my mistake, NFC is working.

Last edited:

cas1421

Dec 7, 2021
Hello @Ivan_Meler,

Rom is amazing, it is responsive and fast.
Has said in previous post NFC is not working.

It is the only think that i use the most, mainly for my public transport metro Card.
Without NFC not possible to get into the metro with my phone.

Thx.

Reactions: Snowers96

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Hello @Ivan_Meler,

Rom is amazing, it is responsive and fast.
Has said in previous post NFC is not working.

It is the only think that i use the most, mainly for my public transport metro Card.
Without NFC not possible to get into the metro with my phone.

Thx.
i tested nfc and even used it for google pay it did work for me

marianarlt

Dec 29, 2018
Berlin
I'm super excited to try this soon! Even though I just put the A11 Lineage rom on a G950F. Thank you very much for this cool christmas gift and your hard work. It is highly appreciated.

bgrnoyan

May 16, 2016
Turkey
kargomen.com
I have often had a freezing problem when using Google Chrome on the S8+ model. In between, there are instant lags in the interface. Overall it's a pretty good ROM, but since it's newer, I hope there will be an update.

NFC works fine for me by the way.

cas1421

Dec 7, 2021
Hi, someone have news about GPS please ? It don't work to my S8 dreamlte.
It works for me.
I have to enable Location-> Location services -> Wi-Fi scanning. to make it better (in official Samsungs roms it is enabled by default )
you can also check if you have enable Location-> Location services -> Google Location Accuracy

Magnuss85

Jun 7, 2019
It works for me.
I have to enable Location-> Location services -> Wi-Fi scanning. to make it better (in official Samsungs roms it is enabled by default )
you can also check if you have enable Location-> Location services -> Google Location Accuracy
Thanks to help me, i try it but GPS don't work again. I use Google Maps. And you ?

Top Liked Posts

Is there anyone here who can tell me if the german Bank/Sparkassen app works? It did not work in the LineageOS 18. There was always a message that the phone was rooted. Also the installation of Magisk did not work. And before I flash this Rom I would like to know.
    Thanks for the effort.
    This video helped me for that problem
    Well here we go first build of the year, andquite a big one while at it
    Here is a brief changelogbut there are a lot more changes you will discover in this build
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

Updates for Android 11 should be out next week

About camera, As some of you might be aware camera tends to crash afterprolongued use, Im investigatinga fix for it but due to nature of issue itself it might take time
    to figure this out completely and what the best way to deal with it is.

And finally huge thanks toeveryonewho supported this and other projects of mine so far as they help me cover the build server cost and get me a coffee with their donations.
    Hope you all had great holidays, Enjoy new build and stay safe in 2022
    Since corona hit me and i have to stay at home, here is a mid week update with few fixes
    - Switched to source built librilutils
    - Switched to source built libreference-ril
    - Switched to source built secril_config_svc used for dual/single sim detection
    - Updatd way samle rates are handled for bt headsets in call
    - Synced with LOS source

I might do a few more builds in a next few days, Once again big thanks to everyone whio supported this project and helped cover the build server cost and get me a coffee
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    @Ivan_Meler any chance of supporting encryption? I've tried to encrypt the phone on fresh install, but it ends up in a boot loop.
    yeah likely will fix it in one of future updates i didnt have time to test it earlier as its real inconvenience to do so while a lot of other stuff was in development
    How to remap Bixby key for Google Assistant?
    Tutorial to remap bixby button to Google Assistant (ROOT)
    |Requirements|
    -File Explorer root (I used RS File Explorer)
    |Steps|
    -Go to the root folder
    - Enter /system/usr/keylayout
    -Find the file "gpio_keys.kl"
    -rename to "gpio_keys.txt"
    -go to key 703 and rename it to "VOICE_ASSIST" (without the quotes)
    -rename the file again to "kl" format
    -Restart and be happy!!!

Other possible modifications:

VOLUME_DOWN - sets volume down
    VOLUME_UP - sets volume up
    HOME - Homebutton
    POWER - Powermenu
    MUSIC - starts your favorite music player
    CAMERA - starts camera app
    APP_SWITCH - Recent apps button
    VOICE_ASSIST - Google Assistant
    As prommised here it is Android 12, Big thanks to everyone who supported project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and get me coffee
    If you want to turn off auto live display (Yellow tint) type "Live" in settings search and go to LiveDisplay
    Ivanho , my friend , before this year ends I want to thank you for the amazing works you brought to us in 2021 , a year never to forget and a developer with a nice character the proud from Croatia ,.. Stay safe my friend and may you always stay blessed out there with the New year..Puck
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.0 for Exynos 8895 devices

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread, also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)
    NikGapps, BiTgapps and FlameGapps were tested and working tho BitGapps and FlameGapps performed better due to more up to date packages

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 12/S
    Changelog

- Synced with LOS source

- Added Advanced Reboot
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed wireless display
    - Reduced logspam which should imrpove performance a bit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged r18 tag of Android 12 (SQ1D.211205.016.A1)
    - Synced with LOS source

- Disabled legacy configstore which got replaced with props
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Enabled zram swap
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issue where system would experience random freezes in some apps

- Merged December 2021. Security update
    - Merged December 2021 pixel feature drop
    - Added signature spoofing support which can be used to add microg instead of gapps
    - Merged a lot of lineageos features that have been implemented
    - Fixed bluetooth sample rate while in call
    - Moved device specific ueventd rules to /system/vendor/etc
    - Uprevved fp hal to 2.3
    - Implemented fingerprint gestures
    - fixed system audio recording in apps such as screen recorders
    - performance and stability improvements

- Initial release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895/tree/lineage-19.0

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    As prommised here it is Android 12, Big thanks to everyone who supported project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and get me coffee
    If you want to turn off auto live display (Yellow tint) type "Live" in settings search and go to LiveDisplay
    Well here we go first build of the year, andquite a big one while at it
    Here is a brief changelogbut there are a lot more changes you will discover in this build
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Synced with LOS source

Updates for Android 11 should be out next week

About camera, As some of you might be aware camera tends to crash afterprolongued use, Im investigatinga fix for it but due to nature of issue itself it might take time
    to figure this out completely and what the best way to deal with it is.

And finally huge thanks toeveryonewho supported this and other projects of mine so far as they help me cover the build server cost and get me a coffee with their donations.
    Hope you all had great holidays, Enjoy new build and stay safe in 2022
    Since corona hit me and i have to stay at home, here is a mid week update with few fixes
    - Synced with LOS source

I might do a few more builds in a next few days, Once again big thanks to everyone whio supported this project and helped cover the build server cost and get me a coffee
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    New build with few more updates is up, here is a brief changelog

- Disabled legacy configstore which got replaced with props
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Enabled zram swap
    - Synced with LOS source
    Big thanks to everyonewho supported this project as they help cover the build server cost