LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

dorkshoei

Feb 3, 2017
Portland
Another question.

Sometimes if I connect a USB cable (for data) I get a "wave graphic" on the screen. It looks like a wave moving up the background from the bottom to the top for about 1 second. I think it's signifying an error in making the data connection but I can't find more info on this.

Last edited:

tim-scrap

Another question.

Sometimes if I connect a USB cable (for data) I get a "wave graphic" on the screen. It looks like a wave moving up the background from the bottom to the top for about 1 second. I think it's signifying an error in making the data connection but I can't find more info on this.
Well as los 19 is not updated anymore you have to look at los 20.

dorkshoei

Feb 3, 2017
Portland
So my kids cracked my screen. I replaced it. Tablet was fine for few hours until I turned on the camera (with it showing 90% charge).

Screen flickered and it hard reset.

Somehow the battery must have spontanously failed (really bizarre). On reboot I was getting weird issues, bootlooping, flickering screen in TWRP (which went away after plugged into USB for 20 mins) and very erratic battery level reporting. Eventually the battery just quit reporting it was charging.

I load tested the battery and it failed at 1/2A (immediately dropped under 3V). I jerry-rigged the battery upto a bench PSU and was able to get the tablet running more reliably.

But still bootlooping ..... note: during the lengthy debugging I did erase all the partitions without thinking; I guess per the following I must have wiped the proprietary xiaomi stuff :-(

sabar_op suggested trying to flash the stock rom using xiaomi flash tool. I did this and amazingly it worked. I can boot into the stock android BUT I now seem to have a locked bootloader.

If I try the Xiaomi unlock tool it connects and tells me it's locked and I need to boot, go into "developer options" -> "mi unlock status".

But when I try to do that it tell me I need to insert a SIM card. I bought it unlocked from AliE.

Also, AFAICR only AT&T wireless supported the LTE on this device (which probably explains why my Google Fi SIM did nothing).

Is there any other way?

Attachments

• PXL_20230423_203530394.jpg
    PXL_20230423_203530394.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
@dorkshoei you could try ADB and use the unlock command.
Note there is a typo in this - he means devices not devies, it is a way to confirm your computer is actually talking to the tablet. It lists connected devices.

dorkshoei

Feb 3, 2017
Portland
@dorkshoei you could try ADB and use the unlock command.
Note there is a typo in this - he means devices not devies, it is a way to confirm your computer is actually talking to the tablet. It lists connected devices.

You mean fastboot, not adb.

I already tried "fastboot oem unlock" and it failed.

Code:
# ./adb devices
List of devices attached
97e0c420    device

# ./adb reboot bootloader
# ./fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: 'Token Verify Failed, Reboot the device
')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I had a BAD FEELING that restoring the stock image, at least using the Xiaomi Flash defaults, was a suboptimal idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom : lineage-19.1-20220928-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, see this link :

Changelog :
    - Sept Security Patch
    - Update cam HAL to LA.UM.10.2.1.r1-03300-sdm660.0.
    - Switch to 4.19 Nyx kernel

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 twrp created by pix106: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197205779)
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps is optional.

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).