• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS 19.0 [S] [12] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover)

Search This thread

lobbos

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks.
Do you you use latest rom? If yes, can you try to use rom lineage-19.0-20211119-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip and check whether chrome is still crashed?
I had the lineage build running yesterday. With the GPS spoofing app enabled Chrome did work fine. Without it crashes just as on PE.

I did however not test what happens if I just turn location off all together.

Edit: and yes, I did use the latest PE build 20211128-0616

Last edited:

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
I had the lineage build running yesterday. With the GPS spoofing app enabled Chrome did work fine. Without it crashes just as on PE.

I did however not test what happens if I just turn location off all together.

Edit: and yes, I did use the latest PE build 20211128-0616

Now I better understand...this thread only for lineage.. if you have any issue about PE, send me a pm...

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
Little update. After disabling geolocalization, Chrome crash no more.
But....
Now every 15 minutes, any app I've open, crash to homescreen.... I didn't do any changes to settings, I'm waiting the next crash to collect a log, 5 mins left... . Have i to set all logs or just main logs?
Crashed for sure at 1:15 - 1:30 - 1:45 cause I was gaming in Legend of Runeterra and at 2:00 I was only facebooking, not crashed but jumped to first post automatically.

Edit: by my side, it's too late for use this build for daily use. I was writing a text for my job, forgetting of the crashes every 15 mins, and I lost 1 sheet.... Not a problem, but I'm happy to help as I can

Attachments

• 2021-12-06_02.01.zip
    411.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Little update. After disabling geolocalization, Chrome crash no more.
But....
Now every 15 minutes, any app I've open, crash to homescreen.... I didn't do any changes to settings, I'm waiting the next crash to collect a log, 5 mins left... . Have i to set all logs or just main logs?
Crashed for sure at 1:15 - 1:30 - 1:45 cause I was gaming in Legend of Runeterra and at 2:00 I was only facebooking, not crashed but jumped to first post automatically.

Edit: by my side, it's too late for use this build for daily use. I was writing a text for my job, forgetting of the crashes every 15 mins, and I lost 1 sheet.... Not a problem, but I'm happy to help as I can

I assume you are using lineage-19.0-20211129-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. Can you try lineage-19.0-20211119-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip? Is the chrome crashed also?

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
Yes, I'm under latest. Now I've installed 19112021and still keep crashing with location on. Dunno for the crash every 15 mins, I have to wait

Reactions: sabar_op

Ralph Chen

Jul 2, 2020
About always on display in PE ROM... Another developer told me that it can be added(at least it exists in A11 ones, but not sure for A12)

Add

"overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml"

<bool name="config_dozeAlwaysOnDisplayAvailable">true</bool>

And for burn-in protection

<!-- If true, the display will be shifted around in ambient mode. -->

<bool name="config_enableBurnInProtection">true</bool>

Dunno if it's true or not.

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hello,

Did someome try lineage-19.0-20211129-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip on 8.4 LTE version? is it still have GPS issue?

Thanks & Regards,
I have the LTE version and because it has a GPS there is no issue with location.

I am currently running lineage-19.0-20211129-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip with NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20211018-signed.zip and not using Magisk. The only issue I have is that Google Assistant will not start or work in anyway. Voice search works fine.

arya_farjand

Feb 20, 2012
I have the LTE version and because it has a GPS there is no issue with location.

I am currently running lineage-19.0-20211129-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip with NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20211018-signed.zip and not using Magisk. The only issue I have is that Google Assistant will not start or work in anyway. Voice search works fine.
Use the Nikgapps standard and just disable the Android intelligence.
Mine now works perfectly

Reactions: GregEden
Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
friend, your beta PE 12 ROM for this clover is awesome!
The only problem was Android System Intelligence always force close but fixed by installing the OEM version of the apk instead of the original Pixel 6 version.
The rest is stable.

Thank you so much.

Reactions: pndwal and GregEden
It's beautiful and quite stable, but with some minor issues.

1. Android System Intelligence keeps stop working. There's already a workaround by installing "ExtraPixel" module from this channel https://t.me/randomfilezz, but I suggest to make a fix inside the ROM.
2. Yep, Monet theming engine, ported by @kdrag0n , is open-sourced, so maybe consider adding it and makes it a better ROM. https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-theming-system-recreated/
3. Always on display feature missing. Maybe you forgot to add it😅.
is this ExtraPixel flashable in TWRP?
coz I don't wanna root....

S3miniFin

Jan 23, 2013
........ I have install this rom to testing. Where can enable navi -buttons? There is none in screen to hit.

Top Liked Posts

Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    I'm just guessing that 20211129-clover+ is the last release with SELinux enforcing due to December release using new software stack.
    Have I guessed correctly? Anyone? Thanks in advance 😉

LineageOS Dec build is enforcing....
    Thanks. Might be worth updating the OP when you solve any of the 'known issues'! 😉👍

Thanks.
    Anyway...if rom build already get 'enforcing level', it will stay there in the next rom build, except it's mentioned in changelog of new rom build.
    Dirty flash lineage-19.0-20211230-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip with NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20211227-signed.zip over lineage-19.0-20211129-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

So far so good. Nothing to report.
    LineageOS 19.0, see this link

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest TWRP for clover
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps (NikGApps is tested) is optional.

What's working:
    Display, Audio, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, fingerprint, sensors, RIL (?), let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption
    - Lagging to open camera/snap only for 1st time.
    - SELinux is permissive
    - Others that may come from lineage source
    - Magisk but will work with manual patching of boot.img.

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :

Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).
    Uploading new rom 20211117, changelog :
    - fix gboard crash.
    - use common xiaomi perf tree (better performance/battery?)
    - use thermal qti.
    - some update from lineage source.