LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
So generally better than 6.5w... better than I'm getting on standard LTE model! ... PW
I would not be rushing out to buy a PD charger as the difference is minimal in real life, but if you happen to have a PD charger anyway. When it is at low battery level and I plug in the charger the tablet says - Charging Slowly, then Charging, then Charging Rapidly.

pndwal

I would not be rushing out to buy a PD charger as the difference is minimal in real life, but if you happen to have a PD charger anyway. When it is at low battery level and I plug in the charger the tablet says - Charging Slowly, then Charging, then Charging Rapidly.
Interesting... Missed you said PD charger originally... My charger is QC 3.0 compatible as stated.

Just googled USB Power Delivery as a bit foggy on it...

Bit confused by your original post now; you said PD w/ QC 3 also. But specs seem to indicate QC is compatible with PD from v 4.0...
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-does-fast-charging-work/

PD rev. 3.1 will do staggering 240w over USB C however...
https://www.usb.org/

PW

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Marketing maybe.
qNuvDtcAM14rLUkWhFv64dkNtJGcQjooNaYM3_82K_mc8ySPs3VzxgJ2ff76yQDjKSJywT8a6uaIZwZLeSJDXb_Vr56MGDHKYWKlUuqlYCbRzh8rSmVeni8BxURrkro0zaKhSVfFo43Gc4vK5_qyRas8XS-pRg_OsZMcQp2TIQ95k1HfPHDRrLeLtLmnucBkxQsf-SYdC2HPzWPipYWVXpEMcwp2XqDly-hBPU1VLRlZSevSWK5KcN3QmZuBoAqa5I1hBBqgBsai7sazC46QsgLtDGbPpY3qvpx64vCURzmdOWxyNE9JN_5asjBXhC9aawxJsCeumCFrW4yXl5cAIdbHzMyIX2J-UxkrJ4MjYAIXgVCoyDZRR-4YsQN_BxPvWOlaqSIAFdB6Fj1_SwzjNgmenRCJTygGmYq6LnOSjZgAgM-Kc8Aq0JQdNNHggxiuk6eihdwwnnFw0alIfUxeYm5no_qovdBNg1DAAN4nJ5KaprRlRiXKikrOv-6IWCkRI9gSu_emuKJmEcAZ2yDalqt528shw8o7B9QQem54dnLe1IulG1czcqO4S-rDqvGPmZisZ0SrvdlmiOE1POlmebjUoqTiVQ7XrheakFmxSuEVdpvTmDFzreq7PWk-uIFXaLdZuVtuIcyv-HLIaEV3vY-id5AUzcvy_4ihTJZmmePK30GegTanZLU2hwkqprLrv-dsvwRaC-viAcE_bzz6orw8=w1404-h1872-no

pndwal

Suspect it may be just as it appears; one QC 3.0 port and one (independent) PD Port w/ max 20w....

I take it your tests above use PD USB C port? How does QC 3.0 port compare?

Gen 2 PD (universal standard) for USB 3.1 & USB C has been around from July 2013, but USB-PD PPS (Programmable Power Supply) - allows power management ICs to negotiate the voltage in millivolt increments - would not arrive till 2017 with the USB 3.2 standard.

I suspect your PD port predates PPS and uses older PDO/RDO broadcasts for voltage selection (basically in 5v steps).

QC 3.0 (proprietary standard) of 2015 was not compatible (I read 'an independent solution') with PD and included INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimal Voltage - in millivolt increments). This was later adapted for the PD PPS universal standard.

From this I read that a QC 3.0 port is only good for compatible Qualcomm devices, eg Mi Pad 4 Plus, while PD will work for non Qualcomm PD compatible devices also.

Things did change in 2016 when QC became PD (universal standard) compatible w/ ver. 4.0 (seems they came to the party even before the PPS universal standard was finalised).

My guess is that both newer QC 4.0 and PD PPS chargers should work for non Qualcomm PD compatible devices (iPhone etc) as well as Qualcomm QC compatible devices. PW

Last edited:

pndwal

Just install lastest ver PixelExperience_clover-12.0-20211125-1705-BETA.zip. Everything fine but reading/ grayscale not working. Hope it get fixed in net ver.
Does SafetyNet pass with that? - Eg using public Magisk + Riru + Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.1.2 (& possibly MagiskHide Props Config for fingerprint), or debug (canary) Magisk w/ Zygisk + Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.0 (& possibly MagiskHide Props Config for fingerprint). Ta, PW

ztisik

Nov 27, 2021
Does SafetyNet pass with that? - Eg using public Magisk + Riru + Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.1.2 (& possibly MagiskHide Props Config for fingerprint), or debug (canary) Magisk w/ Zygisk + Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.0 (& possibly MagiskHide Props Config for fingerprint). Ta, PW
Does SafetyNet pass with that? - yes!

Reactions: pndwal

lobbos

Mar 13, 2011
On my regular Mi Pad 4 Wifi I have encountered some issues with different Google apps. I'm using the basic Nikgapps as suggested here and Chrome crashes as soon as I touch the URL bar. Chrome beta works better, but still crashes from time to time.
Google Maps just shows a white screen and doesn't seem to load.
And I just noticed, that the new Google weather widget shows an error about missing location access. I'm fairly certain I set all the right permissions.

All those things also happen on the Pixel Experience Beta btw.

Otherwise the rom seems great already!
Does anybody have any tips how to solve those issues?

Last edited:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I take it your tests above use PD USB C port? How does QC 3.0 port compare?

The QC 3.0 port charges at standard levels and does not charge rapidly. The device itself is almost brand new but I have little information of waht version of PD it is. A $10 charger off eBay. However I have two PD chargers and they both charge the MiPad rapidly using USB PD from the USB-C port.

pndwal

The QC 3.0 port charges at standard levels and does not charge rapidly. The device itself is almost brand new but I have little information of waht version of PD it is. A $10 charger off eBay. However I have two PD chargers and they both charge the MiPad rapidly using USB PD from the USB-C port.
Good to know; I don't have any PD chargers, but this clarifies why I'm not getting the same results w/ my QC 3.0. 🙃 ... And I did know only Plus model recognises hardware needed to support QC despite standard model also having compatible QCom Snapdragon processor.

I'm guessing about the vintage of your PD, based on the age of its QC port. Also, I see little point in having both proprietary and universal standard ports once they were unified w/ QC 4.0 / gen 3 PD in 2016 / 2017, but there would be clear benefits before this.

Seems likely seller was clearing old stock, but still a bargain for $10; and I'm not sure you'd get much improvement w/ newer PPS compatible PD on Mi Pad 4 in any case... Might look for old/cheap one myself! PW

Last edited:

pndwal

Guys, I've posted this in other Mi Pad 4 ROM threads, but new custom ROM users should note:

For all hardware to work properly since Pie, you need at least late developer (weekly) firmware, the latest of which is 9.8.29 (2019-08-29, = MIUI 10.5) version, NOT latest Stable 10.3.2 MIUI.

Note that both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) as well as full stock ROM (MIUI) are available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, and that Fastboot ROMs contain the complete set of factory images unlike recovery ROMs. See here for insight and links:
https://xdaforums.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-84656233

Generally, you need to flash this (latest) firmware only (and only once unless you revert to stock):
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/clover/weekly/9.8.29/

This fixes coms problems after Oreo incl LTE, WiFi etc and call problems both with mobile network and using voip calling apps, WhatsApp, Skype etc. as well as fingerprint sensor, screen and likely other issues.

Late developer (weekly) fw-vendor (Vendor) images may help with rotation problems too, so try flashing in case of problems.

Nb. Both fw only (Firmware) and fw-vendor (Vendor) can be flashed to upgrade (or downgrade if desired) independently of full stock ROM (MIUI) to fix / eliminate problems. NO need to flash full stock at all (AFAIK).

Nb.2. After flashing Vendor you may get bootloop. Simply re-flashing (dirty) ROM + GApps [+ Magisk] fixed updated installation for me. 😀 PW

Reactions: lobbos

pndwal

On my regular Mi Pad 4 Wifi I have encountered some issues with different Google apps. I'm using the basic Nikgapps as suggested here and Chrome crashes as soon as I touch the URL bar. Chrome beta works better, but still crashes from time to time.
Google Maps just shows a white screen and doesn't seem to load.
And I just noticed, that the new Google weather widget shows an error about missing location access. I'm fairly certain I set all the right permissions.

All those things also happen on the Pixel Experience Beta btw.

Otherwise the rom seems great already!
Does anybody have any tips how to solve those issues?
If you haven't, updating to latest firmware is recommended. See my post above.

It may help with your location issues and possibly others.

Can't help with issues specific to LOS 19.0 ATM as I'm still on 18.1. PW

Reactions: lobbos

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
I'm under lineage-19.0-20211119 and because i see the next file was a pixel experience rom, I've never update it. Should i have to dirty flash the PIXELEXPERIENCE_CLOVER-12.0-20211128-0616BETA in order to upgrade my lineage 19?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I'm under lineage-19.0-20211119 and because i see the next file was a pixel experience rom, I've never update it. Should i have to dirty flash the PIXELEXPERIENCE_CLOVER-12.0-20211128-0616BETA in order to upgrade my lineage 19?
No, they are different ROMs. Both for the MinPad4 Clover. They are both Android 12, but different software stacks.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Uploading new rom 20211129 with changelog :
- fix night light
- based on sdm660 common tree of PE
- disabled sepolicy neverallow
- fix spam of perf
- remove devicesettings (temporary?)

I put separate rom between mi pad plus (clover +) and mi pad non plus (clover). The different is only screen density, so let me know if any different between these rom for mi pad non plus user.

dewa5227

Oct 31, 2010
Surabaya
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
actually, even tho you only build like always, both of them are working for the plus and the non-plus, and about the density, it can be easily changed later after install. so it's better to save time by making it unified like before I think?

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
actually, even tho you only build like always, both of them are working for the plus and the non-plus, and about the density, it can be easily changed later after install. so it's better to save time by making it unified like before I think?

There's some issue such as crashed app for non plus version that perhaps due to different screen density. Declare density screen in *.prop is deprecated (now have to declare it in boardconfig), that perhaps the suspect of those issue.
Anyway, just let me know if anyone try both rom. If no different, I'll make unified back again.

Reactions: senseii

Keine Jiang

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks very much for the best ROM ever. I have just updated to Pixel Experience. It is so pretty and smooth.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
20211129 on my clover is a big leap forward. The lockscreen has a padlock instead of a dot, the microphone now works in Duolingo. My LTE data sim is working at full speed. My only issue is Google assitant it not working but that might need NikGapps Full rather than basic. I do not care as I do not use assistant. Duo voice and video calls work. GPS, WiFi, aptX are all functioning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom : lineage-19.1-20220928-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, see this link :

Changelog :
    - Sept Security Patch
    - Update cam HAL to LA.UM.10.2.1.r1-03300-sdm660.0.
    - Switch to 4.19 Nyx kernel

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 twrp created by pix106: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197205779)
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps is optional.

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).