LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

jei13

Feb 11, 2012
I have an 8" wifi-only clover. I clean installed the 2021115 build a few weeks ago along with NikGapps core and have since dirty flashed 20211119 and currently 20211129 clover build. In all builds I was also experiencing the Google app crash when trying to use voice search, and Chrome's voice search also wasn't working as a result. Giving all permissions to the Google app solved these problems, and after some quick testing, I found out that the voice search still worked as long as I gave permission to only Microphone and Phone (so no need for all permissions). Just my observation on my device.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am talking about the Google app, not the Google Assistant app. Since I installed NikGapps core, I had to download the apps from the Play Store.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabar_op

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I cannot use "Hey Google" still. Voice search works fine. The device says Google Assistant is not available on this device. The Permissions are greyed out and it says No permissions requested. I have been through the setup and voice match.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Just for interest, this is a MiPad 4 LTE 8" being charged by a USB-PD charger
lFEoZWxr7yhe2lkFyzQjTlgZtxiAWZxqgRaYbTPUEx6Dbd-qG-tQkwvfuaKACOL7SlCO8GdsPpvBJi_ouaXn5cAdJJRVhJ4xfivT8F2ZhQNLOO4tqm3Luaz-ZcXV3FrKXq1LBaP8DzC6-sqfOxVVkxq_ZE3-Z5sxJ-lTicOfTKEtZT2VxA4fq2tA8E162rqtnqPrS6hfs0_2fhg1n9N7DipXy-AaQPcTMAd-KA2vwGBAps8IEmFi8mvg5w-MN9yF4Q7vNeVyCChWYsVwe2IK_V8VdIji6ukOrzNTsXqZBorlU5T-FjmckUZi9NhKbTLYelG-cZROZtPnafmaIoMcI_-08aQAQOvYR3YHwMcZESYlkTcWtPFNaiZxLwk6Ec31EyvZElutuVfj5ueeO0E5m7aNNWewXXlJsQfGtVPD_xcbDJ1T_5omaekqT9KkBw0zXZU3LiGqEKacYcB3vo6ruJ4hcuG4HVkL8_4IolvUAcALio_7td3cj153rBMZFY3OGb8asQN140pq8N0gZdCb2bQkNrfdC99PCoeQGTpn2FnX2bWSD3_RV8XbCwIM_NUt3a_svq2KTfLKA7tENI6xKc_wPoZRNe13UW4B8ht6ShvJJm6DDc0OOjNYVa56Iw2hs1J1-L_nA6dxMia8xtNqPOJONWCfr4B5nMH-IPQvJuxZAcgPxVsgA-XFXmCQPu8Wlh2kxmAy0Ve0V_qQa9t6AVmw=w1170-h1872-no

lobbos

Mar 13, 2011
I figured some things out regarding chrome and other apps crashing.

So far nothing helped, I made sure I'm on the latest firmware as @pndwal suggested, I cleared cache and storage of various apps, tried different GAPPS versions. Chrome kept crashing, Maps didn't even start, and I didn't get a location fix for the Google weather widget.

Just now I realized that Chrome crashes, when it tries to get my location. So I installed a location spoofing app and enabled it via developer settings. WIth a 'fake' location everything works just fine.

I have the Mi Pad 4 8" Wifi which doesn't have a GPS chip. Iirc other ROMs were able to get a location from Google Location Services, the ROms here (Lineage an PE) seem to rely on a actual GPS fix?

Is this something that can be changed in the ROM or is there something wrong on my side? Do others with the Wifi model have the same issues?

Reactions: Alecotro

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese

So far nothing helped, I made sure I'm on the latest firmware as @pndwal suggested, I cleared cache and storage of various apps, tried different GAPPS versions. Chrome kept crashing, Maps didn't even start, and I didn't get a location fix for the Google weather widget.

Just now I realized that Chrome crashes, when it tries to get my location. So I installed a location spoofing app and enabled it via developer settings. WIth a 'fake' location everything works just fine.

I have the Mi Pad 4 8" Wifi which doesn't have a GPS chip. Iirc other ROMs were able to get a location from Google Location Services, the ROms here (Lineage an PE) seem to rely on a actual GPS fix?

Is this something that can be changed in the ROM or is there something wrong on my side? Do others with the Wifi model have the same issues?
I have wifi model and finally you have find the problem! Also by my side anything related to the chrome search bar or search results (like writing anything in the url box, or in the chrome widget, or in an app that uses Google as search engine) go to a crash of Chrome.
Disabling GPS resolve the issue definitively.
Until 1 month ago I was under arrowos with Android 11 and I had tinder app installed which it was recognizing my position (I dunno how due to the GPS missing on wifi model, but I never care about that, it was just working for me...)
Now the tinder app is getting an error and I can't even login because of GPS position missing. I remember like 1 or 2 years ago, under another rom, I was cheating on Pokémon go by spoofing position with smali patch, a magisk module, (i was never able to cheat without this patch, because PKGO saw the spoofing app and I was unable to play), so yesterday I've tried again with smali but the result was a bootloop.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus

Can you send the log after chrome crashing? It maybe related to google framework and gapps for android 12 still beta... Have you try PE12? PE12 has built in gapps...

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
Can you send the log after chrome crashing? It maybe related to google framework and gapps for android 12 still beta... Have you try PE12? PE12 has built in gapps...
I can send you a log if you tell me how, I just need to turn on GPS to get a crash. Tomorrow morning I'll do it, I'm on lineage 20211129, maybe the other guy is on PE

pndwal

Just for interest, this is a MiPad 4 LTE 8" being charged by a USB-PD charger
lFEoZWxr7yhe2lkFyzQjTlgZtxiAWZxqgRaYbTPUEx6Dbd-qG-tQkwvfuaKACOL7SlCO8GdsPpvBJi_ouaXn5cAdJJRVhJ4xfivT8F2ZhQNLOO4tqm3Luaz-ZcXV3FrKXq1LBaP8DzC6-sqfOxVVkxq_ZE3-Z5sxJ-lTicOfTKEtZT2VxA4fq2tA8E162rqtnqPrS6hfs0_2fhg1n9N7DipXy-AaQPcTMAd-KA2vwGBAps8IEmFi8mvg5w-MN9yF4Q7vNeVyCChWYsVwe2IK_V8VdIji6ukOrzNTsXqZBorlU5T-FjmckUZi9NhKbTLYelG-cZROZtPnafmaIoMcI_-08aQAQOvYR3YHwMcZESYlkTcWtPFNaiZxLwk6Ec31EyvZElutuVfj5ueeO0E5m7aNNWewXXlJsQfGtVPD_xcbDJ1T_5omaekqT9KkBw0zXZU3LiGqEKacYcB3vo6ruJ4hcuG4HVkL8_4IolvUAcALio_7td3cj153rBMZFY3OGb8asQN140pq8N0gZdCb2bQkNrfdC99PCoeQGTpn2FnX2bWSD3_RV8XbCwIM_NUt3a_svq2KTfLKA7tENI6xKc_wPoZRNe13UW4B8ht6ShvJJm6DDc0OOjNYVa56Iw2hs1J1-L_nA6dxMia8xtNqPOJONWCfr4B5nMH-IPQvJuxZAcgPxVsgA-XFXmCQPu8Wlh2kxmAy0Ve0V_qQa9t6AVmw=w1170-h1872-no
And I just purchased my first PD charger. ($25 Samsung Travel Adaptor, PD 3.0 PPS, Max 25W); so Quick Charge 4.0 equivalent (single USB C port).

I can confirm this is working like your older PD charger on standard LTE Mi Pad 4. At around 25% charge I'm getting around 7.5 W charging, and still only around 3.8 W on a Quick Charge 3.0 charger (using Inware to monitor also).

So while my gen 3 PD charger may more future proof and I'm very happy with the performance boost over QC 3.0, it seems gen 2 PD is just as good at least for non Plus models. PW

Reactions: GregEden

lobbos

Mar 13, 2011
Alright, I just gathered some logs.
I'm running your latest PE build on noticed the following things:

• Chrome crashes as soon as I touch the URL bar regardless of location setting (Log Chrome)

• Chrome Beta works mostly fine if I have the fake location set. Without a location fix it crashes when I click on any Google search result (Log Chrome Beta)

I hope those logs help you in any way and let me know if you need anything else!

Attachments

• 2021-12-04_14.52-Chrome.zip
    441.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021-12-04_14.54-ChromeBeta.zip
    282.8 KB · Views: 3

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Alright, I just gathered some logs.
I'm running your latest PE build on noticed the following things:

• Chrome crashes as soon as I touch the URL bar regardless of location setting (Log Chrome)

• Chrome Beta works mostly fine if I have the fake location set. Without a location fix it crashes when I click on any Google search result (Log Chrome Beta)

I hope those logs help you in any way and let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks.
Do you you use latest rom? If yes, can you try to use rom lineage-19.0-20211119-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip and check whether chrome is still crashed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom : lineage-19.1-20220928-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, see this link :

Changelog :
    - Sept Security Patch
    - Update cam HAL to LA.UM.10.2.1.r1-03300-sdm660.0.
    - Switch to 4.19 Nyx kernel

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 twrp created by pix106: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197205779)
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps is optional.

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).