LineageOS 19.1 Android 12L for GT-N5100 GT-N5110 GT-N5120 BETA

Search This thread

moriartydean

Jan 18, 2022
I've the Samsung note 8 nt 5110
I've flashed the lineage-19.0-20220109-HTML6405-n5110.zip

anyway, the deep sleep/shutdown doesn't work apparently for me, I've tried multiple time to shutdown the tablet but it restart quite shortly after.

Thanks a lot for all yours works.

moriartydean

Jan 18, 2022
sorry I'm not a developer so forgive my ignorance ,
I've downloaded adb on my pc, trying to provide you last_kmsg through those advice https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-how-to-properly-post-a-bug.1520508/,
but I 've probably messed up something since I've bootlooped ,
made a recovery through TWRP it work but it add up data on my diskspace and I don't know how to make free space again.

Any links on how can i provide you last_kmsg?

Thank you

Last edited:

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
I am amazed to see Android 12 running on that old but reliabledevice. Thank you very much.

I have 2 issues:
  1. Encryption: Your advice with the resizing of data does not seem to work here. It works your android 9 version. The system does reproducible not boot up and a new install is necessary
  2. With this one I am not sure: Password length even without encryption seems to be an issue. The system takes my usual 10 character long password, but becomes unusable with the next boot. If I am using only 8 characters it seems to be fine. Still though, no encryption possible.
My device is a GT N5100
Thanks for looking into that

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Encryption: Your advice with the resizing of data does not seem to work here. It works your android 9 version. The system does reproducible not boot up and a new install is necessary
That's not supported yet, maybe I will be able to fix this someday.
With this one I am not sure: Password length even without encryption seems to be an issue. The system takes my usual 10 character long password, but becomes unusable with the next boot. If I am using only 8 characters it seems to be fine. Still though, no encryption possible.
Ok, so if you set a password without encryption ( 10 characters long ) your device doesn't boot up anymore?

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
That's not supported yet, maybe I will be able to fix this someday.

Ok, so if you set a password without encryption ( 10 characters long ) your device doesn't boot up anymore?
That is correct. But this maybe a limitation in general of password length with lineageOS. Also on my Samsung A8 with standard Android 9 ROM there is a limit in characters. It stops to accept more than 16 characters. So the 10 characters are a very specific problem and I am fine to have a password length of e.g. 8 character and would rather see other areas of the ROM improved 😁. Still amazed to be able to test Android 12 on my Note 8.

I can live without encryption for now to do further tests, but I would not carry the device around with me in the public

Reactions: moriartydean

html6405

Recognized Developer
I don't know, i forgot. As far i remember I never repair this phone IMEI or restore with TWRP. Strangely when i try to instal LOS 14.1 back, the SIM is not detected. before with LOS 14 is working.
Ok, is your sim card recognized at all?
BTW, what is patched modem?
If the IMEI got repaired theoretically, then the IMEI cert got lost.
To allow a connection with a mobile network, you need a modified modem which allows this also without the certificate.

Reactions: rollinrollinrollin

Emaulana

Nov 19, 2013
LG Magna
Ok, is your sim card recognized at all?

If the IMEI got repaired theoretically, then the IMEI cert got lost.
To allow a connection with a mobile network, you need a modified modem which allows this also without the certificate.
On LOS 14.1strangely not recognized at all now. On your ROMs, LOS 16 and LOS19 the SIM is recognized but no voice connection or data.

html6405

Recognized Developer
On LOS 14.1strangely not recognized at all now. On your ROMs, LOS 16 and LOS19 the SIM is recognized but no voice connection or data.
You can give it a try:

Emaulana

Nov 19, 2013
LG Magna

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using lineageos 16 final, I tried cdroid 8.2 and like the features. Then I try this 19.1 beta and I love it. Gonna stick with this for now, I find it a bit smoother than crdroid o my device. Making it usable again. Thank you very much sir developer, really appreciate your work.
    So far everything work as suppose to, got a random reboot once. And I have a problem with gapps. Tried microg, installed but play store freeze. Then mindthegapps, play store also freeze but after update playstore via apkmirror it works, yeyy. Installl wa ok, but contact is not synching.
    Anybody have any idea hhw to sync contacts? So far not many gapps options for android 12l
    Thanks in advance

side note: got unused laptop battery lying around, put some tapes and wire then I have much better battery live compare to the original dying batt :)
    IMG_20220423_104806~2.jpg
    Update 10.05.2022:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
    I think your installation is now a little bit unclean with the mix of gapps and microG.
    Contact syncing works fine with open gapps 12.1 test version and mindthegapps 12.1 arm on my devices.
    ok, I tried in recovery, wipe system data cache, install los, reboot system make sure everything ok, reboot recovery again, install mindthegapps, reboot system. still no sync contacts.
    solved: in recovery, wipe system data cache, install los then mindgapps directly, reboot system. And the contacts syncs, yeyy. but I feel it run not as smooth as before, but most likely because the cpu was overworked (feels hot at the back of tablet).

thank you so much for the support
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my preview version of LineageOS 19.1 for our Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 devices.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO and @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which helped me a lot.

This is a BETA build, also on the LineageOS side, so don't install it if you want a completley stable rom and don't report my already listet bugs!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • consumerir transmitter
    • Stylus
    • RIL
    • much more...
    • Random reboots
    • Encryption
    • Maybe more
    • SD-Card can't be formatted as internal storage, this will cause a bootloop
    If you don't like it, reboot into recovery and type the following command:
    • adb shell (or use TWRP's terminal)
    • bash /data/param_restore.sh
    • reboot
    • Uploaded a prepared package to build your own boot picture

I would recommend to use microG (much faster experience) or open Gapps as soon they are available.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

1. Download Magisk 24.1 and flash it via TWRP (yes, flash the APK file), reboot
    2. Open Magisk and update the App (and do a reboot if it's asking)
    3. Enable Zygisk in Magisk
    4. Download and install microG installer in the Magisk manager, reboot
    5. Download and install safetynet-fix in the Magisk manager, reboot
    6. Check with a safetynet checker app and you should pass :)
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][12.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][BETA] LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.2
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-11-25
    Last Updated 2022-05-10
    Update 26.11.2021:
    • N5120: fixed deep sleep bug
    • fixed sw decoder issue
    This update comes via OTA and don't forget, if you're using BitGapps,
    reflash them manually after the flash, otherwise you will face a bootloop...
    Update 18.02.2022:
    • Fixed GPS completely for n5100 and n5110 devices (3D fix)
    • Synched with LineageOS sources, many features came back
    • Switchted back to rounded icons, the resolutions got improved a lot.
    • Made Signature Spoofing working, these devices run much more smooth with microG
    • Replaced gCam with LineageOS Camera2
    • Many more small changes
    Update 30.11.2021:
    • N5100 & N5110: fixed GPS (N5120 should already work)
    • Enable default power hal for all
    This update comes via OTA and don't forget, if you're using BitGapps,
    reflash them manually after the flash, otherwise you will face a bootloop...
    Update 29.12.2021:
    • Synched with latest LineageOS sources
    • Signed with dev keys (removes the "signed with public keys" warning)
    • N5120: Fixed RIL, untested by me, because I don't have my device here, would be great if someone could test and report
    • N5120: It could be that gps crashes with this version, I would recommend to disable it until next build
    • Made some fixes for encryption ( but still not finished )
    • Created workaround to fix shutdown / reboot behaviour with Magisk
    • Fixed video recording with camera's
    • Fixed Torch (flashlight)
    • Fixed hardware button gestures control
    • Fixed GPS week rollover issue
    • Set swappiness to 60