LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

xabu

Could not find an option to remove my own message ... So I'll send you a wallpaper which i use on my Phone.

wallpaper_2.png

Last edited:

pawpawel

Jul 3, 2014
Siedlce
Głównie mam na myśli ich sklep bo muszę zainstalować dwie identyczne aplikacje ale jedna musi być podpięta do ich konta chodzi o płatności

Translated by GT: Mainly, I mean their store because I have to install two identical applications but one must be linked to their account for payments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Tom Mix

Thibou

Apr 27, 2012
France
@Ivan_Meler
Once more, thank you for this new version delivered to our S7. (y)
I would have a specific question for you as the father of all LOS ROM for the S7:
I am not that much after the lastest version of Android, I just like having something working. Updating LOS usually means getting fixes and improvements so this is why I have always been tempted to get newer versions.
I am wondering if the latest builds of previous LOS versions (let say 18.1, 17.1, 16 and 15.1) are all supposed to have reached the same point in term of battery life or camera quality? Or could you say the 17.1 should have better battery life? Maybe you managed to tweak the camera quality more on 16 than 17.1 and 18.1, etc.
In short, could an older LOS version lead to a better overall stability? Or should we always look for the last version as it is the one most likely to gather all the fixes you came with over the years?

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
Well u need to OEM unlock in the first place anyway; i just dont think i did an IMEI partition backup, not sure what thats used for; but everything else ive done correctly (and even incorrectly in previous custom rom installs)
According to the instruction posted above:
"If IMEI is lost during a flash, phone won't be able to reach cellphone networks."
Not sure if that happened in your case, but as you reported your SIM not being active, this was the first thing that came to my mind.
With the second problem (no access to SD card) I have no clue so far. Is there a message in statusbar asking you to configure SD card for internal or external use? Did you remove SD card during flashing process? Are you able to access SD card through TWRP and possibly mount it there?

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
Głównie mam na myśli ich sklep bo muszę zainstalować dwie identyczne aplikacje ale jedna musi być podpięta do ich konta chodzi o płatności

Translated by GT: Mainly, I mean their store because I have to install two identical applications but one must be linked to their account for payments
Are you reffering to the official playstore? Don't you have it or aren't you able to download and install through playstore?
Those are two different issues and it would be helpful if you could give some more details in case you're looking for help.
Do you have other google apps installed? Which Gapps package did you use for installation? Are you running Magisk and have it hide from system within Magisk itself?
------
Czy masz na myśli oficjalny sklep z zabawkami? Nie masz go lub nie możesz pobrać i zainstalować przez Playstore?
To są dwa różne problemy i byłoby pomocne, gdybyś mógł podać więcej szczegółów, jeśli szukasz pomocy.
Czy masz zainstalowane inne aplikacje Google? Którego pakietu Gapps użyłeś do instalacji? Czy używasz Magiska i ukrywasz go przed systemem w samym Magisku?

Nevaran

Jul 21, 2018
According to the instruction posted above:
"If IMEI is lost during a flash, phone won't be able to reach cellphone networks."
Not sure if that happened in your case, but as you reported your SIM not being active, this was the first thing that came to my mind.
With the second problem (no access to SD card) I have no clue so far. Is there a message in statusbar asking you to configure SD card for internal or external use? Did you remove SD card during flashing process? Are you able to access SD card through TWRP and possibly mount it there?
The access to the SD card is a weird one; the stock file manager seems to work fine, but installing the one I use and like, when it sends a message to grant access to teh sd card it complains that it cannot grant access to the root folder because of privacy. The app is called File Manager from File Manager Plus (very original, i know)

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
The access to the SD card is a weird one; the stock file manager seems to work fine, but installing the one I use and like, when it sends a message to grant access to teh sd card it complains that it cannot grant access to the root folder because of privacy. The app is called File Manager from File Manager Plus (very original, i know)
I'm using total commander. When first trying to access sd card it is asking for permission.
Did you try: App manager -> File Manger Plus -> Memory and Cache -> Empty cache & Memory Content?
Otherwise maybe take a look at the granted permissions to see if one is missing there.
There is also an option (I think it's in dev options) to allow access to sd card for other apps. Maybe check this as well.
EDIT: Yes, it is in dev options. You need to unlock access to sd for all apps.

Last edited:

Nevaran

Jul 21, 2018
I'm using total commander. When first trying to access sd card it is asking for permission.
Did you try: App manager -> File Manger Plus -> Memory and Cache -> Empty cache & Memory Content?
Otherwise maybe take a look at the granted permissions to see if one is missing there.
There is also an option (I think it's in dev options) to allow access to sd card for other apps. Maybe check this as well.
I was roaming around the permissions options, couldnt find a way to grant it- and i completely reinstalled the app a few times, same issue

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
So access to sd for all apps is given in dev options?
Just in case: Enable dev options by tapping 7 times on build version in the "About phone" section.

Last edited:

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
Anybody here already tried to add a module to magisk (either by installing from magisk or from internal location)?
To get my banking app (tan generator, not banking app in general, this one is working without any issues) running I wanted to install riru. magisk said installation was successful and wants to restart. But module isn't showing up in installed modules.
Should root access be only given to apps and not adb in Magisk superSU options?
EDIT: Weird...after re-installing Magisk within Magisk itself, modules can be installed now. Safetynet still fine,

Last edited:

Nevaran

Jul 21, 2018
=)
Expected you to be aware of it, but I always have others in mind who are probably reading this later and don't have that level of knowledge.
True....So if i try another install attempt and do an EFS-only backup; can i reapply this backup on the new ROM? Or will that give issues

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
True....So if i try another install attempt and do an EFS-only backup; can i reapply this backup on the new ROM? Or will that give issues
Do you have a backup of this device when it was still working that you can restore? Otherwise doing an EFS backup now with your phone not being able to connect to the cellphone network doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
Honestly I never had to deal with restoring EFS partitions. I did a backup of this partition before flashing LOS 19 the first time. Because I messed up at a later point I repeated a clean install but without EFS backup, which also worked fine for me.
Another silly idea: Did you check the tray which contains your SIM and sd card? Maybe it is not sitting the supposed way (although the tight space doesn't seem to allow for this).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds are up mainly to bring them inline with official lineageos 19.1 builds when it comes to features, here is a brief changelog
    - Removed libbfqio dependency from hwc since it was dropped from lineageos 19.1
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (same base as official builds + some extras)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped me cover the build server cost with donations and also got me coffee
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Here we go new build is up and here is the changelog (I also "fixed" mess google made with phone services notification which was affecting a lot of devices and wasnt device or rom specific)
    - Switched to new libperfmgr power hal which can be configured from /system/vendor/etc/powerhints.json
    - Adapted DT2W to new power hal
    - Muted phone services gps notif (Thanks google really appreciate you breaking random things for everyone)
    - Improved battery life and performance
    - Cleaned up all of leftover patches that were used by legacy power hal
    - Synced with LineageOS source

This update has new power hal which took quite a long time to get working properly
    It also outperforms old one and battery life is also better with it since it handles power management way better
    Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project and got me coffee while working on this thing

Also huge thanks to everyone who donated and helped me cover the build server cost as they are the reason this project is still alive

Enjoy new build and stay safe
    Here it is May security update with few changes related to device too
    - Improved battery usage logging for display
    - Added QR code reader to camera app (Long hold icon and launch it from context menu)
    - Merged May 2022. security update

I also continued work and testing of new power hal ive been working on for past month or so, Hopefully ill release build with it in a few days (If time allows me as i do this in my free time as a hobby)
    Power hal seems to perform better and manage battery life and performance way better than curent one but i would like to test it further before releasing it

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped me cover the build server cost which is one of reason why this project is still alive keeping s7 up to date with software, New power hal will improve things even further so i cant wait to release next build with it

18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out in a few days too

New build is up with few new changes
    - Added QR code reader quick settings toggle
    - Improved device performance and stability
    - Added Custom low power mode power profile for cpu
    - Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
    - Exposed device hw revision to settings
    - Improved fast/slow charger detection

As always big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost and get me coffee which keeps me up while working on this project.

Expect builds with even more improvements in near future as im testing some exciting changes right now.

Hello,

the installation worked for me. However, I do not get further with the setup.
    But after the pin input I come back to the Google Services screen. After two repetitions then crashes with the message settings keeps stopping.

Installed packages:
    lineage-19.1-20220427-UNOFFICIAL-herolte
    NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20220421-signed
    Magisk-v24.3

Where could be the problem?
    How did you manage to install 11 gapps on Android 12? That is your issue
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread, also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

Since most gapps didnt update for 12L yet (SDK bumped from 31 to 32) i edited falmegapps and uploaded them here use them if you cant find gapps that work on 12L https://mega.nz/folder/FFoS1IIK#XunGRNTViQY7-OZ8oQr0sg
    Make sure gapps you decide to use support android 12L/12.1/Are targetting api level 3212L/aka 12.1

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: af38c7aab230c53c90faa6b04ef3960a

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: bc1qqan6m5tn284g38tu52nalc9x5z4all8z5geq6y
    ETH(erc20): 0xB737100035a989fA9EaD13B81af2a32EFe6E1C0f
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 12L/S
    Changelog

- Added QR code reader quick settings toggle
    - Improved device performance and stability
    - Added Custom low power mode power profile for cpu
    - Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
    - Exposed device hw revision to settings
    - Improved fast/slow charger detection

- Switched to new libperfmgr power hal which can be configured from /system/vendor/etc/powerhints.json
    - Adapted DT2W to new power hal
    - Muted phone services gps notif (Thanks google really appreciate you breaking random things for everyone)
    - Improved battery life and performance
    - Cleaned up all of leftover patches that were used by legacy power hal

- Improved battery usage logging for display
    - Added QR code reader to camera app (Long hold icon and launch it from context menu)
    - Merged May 2022. security update

- Fixed bug wehre vibrations were too low on some devices due to inintensity being set to 0
    - Fixed bug where apps would show square popup "animation" when launching from icon instead of roudned one
    - Cleaned up build patches

- Updated sepolicy and merged updated common samsung_slsi sepolicy
    - Increased microphone gain while recording media (Camcorder, voice recording etc.)
    - Added option to disable vibration feedback on fingerprint auth

- Fixed extended volume panel
    - Updated icons for few more stock apps
    - Cleaned up patches further
    - Misc peroformance improvements

- Merged April 2022. Security update
    - Enabled new LineageOS icons (you might have to clear launcher cache for them to show up)
    - Fixed issue where galery app would show black text on black background
    - Fixed issue where unlock sound would sometimes play twice

- Drastically speed up app launch time (more info about that here)
    - Imrpoved performance and battery life by disabling some unnecessary logging
    - Switched to source built camera provider and removed samsung proprietary one
    - Upreved camera provider to 2.5
    - Fixed few selinux denials related to NFC trying to raad debug props
    - Removed floating_feature.xml which is unused on aosp
    - Disabled livedisplay by default
    - Cleaned up extra dependencies used for compiling
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back configurable audio volume panel location
    - Speed up unlock with fingerprint
    - Updated a lot of apps to MaterialYou design language
    - Fixed issue where touch screen area bellow home button would act as a gesture area even while gestures are disabled
    - Improved stability of ADB connection
    - Implemented new LineageOS setupwizard
    - Cleaned up device tree and list of required patches
    - Stability and performance improvements
    - Pointed Changelog url in updater app to new page

- Fixed issue with keystore where apps would crash when invoking it (Security related apps mostly like signal and a lot of work apps)
    - Officially rebranded as 19.1
    - Updated changelog URL in updater app to point to a valid changelog
    - Fixed battery icon styles (Again..)
    - Removed invalid zram config.
    - Cleaned up source
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Updated some stock apps to math with new design

- Merged March 2022. security and feature updates (Android 12L)
    - Fixed status bar network trafic monitor
    - Improved zram performance and enabled zram writeback
    - Cleaned up patches needed for build
    - Fixed network usage monitoring
    - Fixed per app network restrictions
    - Removed AudioFX which was causing issues
    - Decreased microphone and earpiece gain a bit to mitigate in-call issues
    - Updated some device control apps like advanced display settings
    - Improved vibrator intensity in new hal
    - Imrpoved fp sensor response time
    - A lot of 'under the hood' changes
    - Performance improvements
    - Merged more previously missing los features
    - Implemented OTA updates

- Merged February 2022. security update
    - Removed broken volume button location toggle
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issue where camera would stop working after prolonged use
    - Merged some more lineageos features that have been posted to gerrit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed developer options crashing on launch
    - Added Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel HD audio mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back lineageos setup wizard present on clean installs
    - Merged some of previously missing features that have been ported over to LineageOS 19
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Enabled selinux (Its enforcing now)
    - Moved audio hal to vendor
    - Fixed confirmation dialog box for button backlight
    - Fixed ok button which would go missing for button backlight
    - Switched to source built secril_config_svc (used for ds detection)
    - Removed obsolete debug.sf.disable_backpressure prop
    - Merged latest security updates to kernel from aosp kernel/common
    - Cleaned up source
    - Cleaned up unused props
    - Removed unused custom ld.config.txt that was overriding main one
    - Synced with LOS source

- Removed duplicate props in vendor and system
    - Cleaned up device tree code
    - Switched to source built camera provider lib
    - Switched to few source built ril related libs
    - Addressed more selinux denials
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added button backlight
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Added system side toggle for navigation bar
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed wireless display
    - Reduced logspam which should imrpove performance a bit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged r18 tag of Android 12 (SQ1D.211205.016.A1)
    - Removed liboemcrypto which was preventing drm playback in some apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Updated Clearkey to 1.4
    - Addressed most of selinux denials
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.0
    - Switched to new AIDL Vibrator hal
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Upreved fingerprint hal/service to 1.3
    - Removed unused kernel defconfig flag
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2021. Security update
    - Merged December 2021 pixel feature drop
    - Added signature spoofing support which can be used to add microg instead of gapps
    - Merged a lot of lineageos features that have been implemented
    - Fixed bluetooth sample rate while in call
    - Moved device specific ueventd rules to /system/vendor/etc
    - Freed up some ram
    - performance and stability improvements

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 19.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.0

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    New builds are up mainly to bring them inline with official lineageos 19.1 builds when it comes to features, here is a brief changelog

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped me cover the build server cost with donations and also got me coffee
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    And here it is build with camera properly fixed
    - Fixed issue where camera would stop working after prolonged use
    - Merged some more lineageos features that have been posted to gerrit
    - Synced with LOS source

keep in mind February security update has not been merged yet and should be in a few days so ill post new build once security update is ready

This really took a long time to fix properly (almost 2 years i would say) especially without disabling fdsan system wide
    This fix will be ported over to 17.1 and 18.1 builds too but before i release them ill hold on till february security update is out

Next thing on my todo list is to somewhat mitigate echo in calls some users are experiencing

Once again big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee
    Well here we go first build of the year, andquite a big one while at it
    Here is a brief changelogbut there are a lot more changes you will discover in this build
    - Removed duplicate props in vendor and system
    - Cleaned up device tree code
    - Switched to source built camera provider lib
    - Switched to few source built ril related libs
    - Addressed more selinux denials
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added button backlight
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Added system side toggle for navigation bar
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Synced with LOS source

Updates for Android 11 and 10 should be out next week

About camera, As some of you might be aware camera tends to crash afterprolongued use, Im investigatinga fix for it but due to nature of issue itself it might take time
    to figure this out completely and what the best way to deal with it is.

Andfinally huge thanks toeveryonewho supported this and other projects of mine so far as they help me cover the build server cost and get me a coffee with their donations, 2022 marks 5 years since release of s7 and im glad i can help in keeping them alive on latest android version with latest security updates
    Hope you all had great holidays, Enjoy new build and stay safe in 2022
    Well here we go quite a big update mid week (covid hit me so i had more time to mess with s7 instead of doing actual work haha)
    Anywya here is a brief changelog
    - Enabled selinux (Its enforcing now)
    - Moved audio hal to vendor
    - Fixed confirmation dialog box for button backlight
    - Fixed ok button which would go missing for button backlight
    - Switched to source built secril_config_svc (used for ds detection)
    - Removed obsolete debug.sf.disable_backpressure prop
    - Merged latest security updates to kernel from aosp kernel/common
    - Cleaned up source
    - Cleaned up unused props
    - Removed unused custom ld.config.txt that was overriding main one
    - Synced with LOS source

there are quite a bit of changes this time around, biggest being that selinux is now enforcing once again.
    Once again big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far as their donation help cover the build server cost and get me a coffee.
    There might be few more updates in the coming days if i find anything device side that needs improvements as i have to stay home anyway so might as well do something productive

enjoy new build and stay safe