LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

Zuikkis

Nov 20, 2013
Hi!

I'm giving my old SGS7 to my son. The phone already had some early 2022 version of this ROM, working fine. However now I thought that I do full wipe and then transfer google stuff from my sons old phone.

I installed the rom and FlameGapps from first post. Well, turns out that version of FlameGapps does not include the Google Setup Wizard so I couldn't transfer anything from the old phone.

I then noticed that there actually is a newer Android 12.1 release of FlameGapps available. That included SetupWizard and it started copying everything from old phone, however after a while Google Services setup started and kept crashing all over again which made installation impossible. Tried rebooting and reflashing etc but no help there.

Then I reverted back to my "old" 19.0 setup with BitGapps, and managed to finish SetupWizard there! So now I have it working! :) However, is it safe now to dirty flash 19.1 with FlameGapps instead of BitGapps?

Reactions: jfs_100

vik4

Dec 29, 2010
Melbourne
After a full (data+system) wipe, reinstall + gapps +root , I'm still getting random lock ups for several minutes at a time (nothing, including power button responds). Doesn't seem to be Bluetooth related as I had previously thought, as I've found one app that triggers it semi regularly. Are there any particular logs I should look at (do I need to enable anything first?) to investigate this?

hmendes3

Feb 12, 2015
Is it just my phone or this last build is consumming so much more battery to you guys?
(also the metallic voice in calls, even in car bluethoot)
Thanks Ivan, the perfect build is near ;)

tadej58783

May 3, 2022
Is it just my phone or this last build is consumming so much more battery to you guys?
(also the metallic voice in calls, even in car bluethoot)
Thanks Ivan, the perfect build is near ;)
Yes, my battery can only last about an hour with active use, but when the phone is asleep the battery consumption is normal though. I still haven't figured out how to fix my push notifications not appearing. This ROM is also not a full port of Android 12, so many features are still missing, I will be rolling back to LOS 18.1 for now...

Reactions: hmendes3

hmendes3

Feb 12, 2015
Yes, my battery can only last about an hour with active use, but when the phone is asleep the battery consumption is normal though. I still haven't figured out how to fix my push notifications not appearing. This ROM is also not a full port of Android 12, so many features are still missing, I will be rolling back to LOS 18.1 for now...
The led notifications of incomming text messagens (SMS) doesn't work at all with "google messages", and with the native SMS app the messages the notification rings several minutes after. I am using an app called "textra" and the notifications come in time.
In LOS 18.1 do you have robot/metallic voice on calls?

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
Just wanted to say a quick Thank You @Ivan_Meler

Been out the custom ROM scene for a few years now and never thought I had to come back one day, especially after I switched to the Apple side of things ;)
Needed a phone with up to date software for my stepson but only had an old S7 running outdated software. Believe it was Android 8. I quickly found your work. Flashing was really easy and straight forward. Everything seems to work exceptionally well. Last time I used a custom ROM on a Samsung was back in 2017. Back then, anything other than a TouchWiz/OneUI ROM would run like crap, especially the camera. Not sure how you did it, but it's phenomenal. Didn't even had to worry about SafetyNet (not sure if it's still a thing nowadays). Your work is really appreciated. Not only do you keep old devices running, you prevent them from ending up in a landfill, polluting the environment AND you make my stepson happy! Take care. Love you all!

Reactions: Ivan_Meler

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Just wanted to say a quick Thank You @Ivan_Meler

Been out the custom ROM scene for a few years now and never thought I had to come back one day, especially after I switched to the Apple side of things ;)
Needed a phone with up to date software for my stepson but only had an old S7 running outdated software. Believe it was Android 8. I quickly found your work. Flashing was really easy and straight forward. Everything seems to work exceptionally well. Last time I used a custom ROM on a Samsung was back in 2017. Back then, anything other than a TouchWiz/OneUI ROM would run like crap, especially the camera. Not sure how you did it, but it's phenomenal. Didn't even had to worry about SafetyNet (not sure if it's still a thing nowadays). Your work is really appreciated. Not only do you keep old devices running, you prevent them from ending up in a landfill, polluting the environment AND you make my stepson happy! Take care. Love you all!
Oh hey this is amazing to hear, yeah safetynet is still a thing but since rom comes with valid build fingerprint flashing magisk 24.1 or latest canary and installing
https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix makes it work, im always glad to hear people still find use of s7 as its still quite capable device

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
what are you even talking about, you clearly messed something up as you are only one with issues you are reporting and this clearly gapps related since they are used for notifications on most apps so you should maybe look there, and also how is this not full android 12 rom? its built from same source google uses for pixels on android 12 just without their proprietary stuff most of which come with gapps so i guess pixels or any other device arent running android 12 either according to you

jfs_100

Dec 21, 2021
Hi!

I'm giving my old SGS7 to my son. The phone already had some early 2022 version of this ROM, working fine. However now I thought that I do full wipe and then transfer google stuff from my sons old phone.

I installed the rom and FlameGapps from first post. Well, turns out that version of FlameGapps does not include the Google Setup Wizard so I couldn't transfer anything from the old phone.

I then noticed that there actually is a newer Android 12.1 release of FlameGapps available. That included SetupWizard and it started copying everything from old phone, however after a while Google Services setup started and kept crashing all over again which made installation impossible. Tried rebooting and reflashing etc but no help there.

Then I reverted back to my "old" 19.0 setup with BitGapps, and managed to finish SetupWizard there! So now I have it working! :) However, is it safe now to dirty flash 19.1 with FlameGapps instead of BitGapps?
Did you tried? I am looking for the same😂 dirty flash from 19.0 that time with BiTgapps to flamegapps.

PimpWithALimp95

May 22, 2019
Anyone having issues with the latest version? I updated twrp and flashed the latest rom but it never boots. I even tried with the patched gapps zip and all it did was make the buttons light up next to the home button during the boot that never completes. Am I doing it wrong?

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
Anyone having issues with the latest version? I updated twrp and flashed the latest rom but it never boots. I even tried with the patched gapps zip and all it did was make the buttons light up next to the home button during the boot that never completes. Am I doing it wrong?
I did a dirty flash from CrDroid7, no gapps, and everything went smoothly.

hmendes3

Feb 12, 2015
Hello, can anyone tell me what's the latest build/version of LOS that has the sound (of phone calls) normal (not robot/metallic voice)?
If the sound of calls stands like this, i don't need the ROM. I use the phone on a daily basis and i just need a "normal" build, not the latest and evoluted build.
(I am sorry, it's not your fault Ivan. I recognize your work. I've seen that other builds based on android 12 still have the same robot voice problem)

Reactions: bixaon and jahnkehe

SnarfSnarf

Jul 26, 2011
How do I pass safetynet?
Is there a rom you guys came from that could pass safetynet? Been trying with no luck for a while. Various things in magisk and microg.

(Just fired up the old S7, battery is like new. But I need to be able to put banking apps on it.)

Jan 6, 2021
How do I pass safetynet?
Is there a rom you guys came from that could pass safetynet? Been trying with no luck for a while. Various things in magisk and microg.

(Just fired up the old S7, battery is like new. But I need to be able to put banking apps on it.)
You can use universal safety net fix with magisk canary build.

I can't tell if it's because of the ROM, since I have installed Tasker with different Tasks, FDE AI and other apps, but this morning, my phone would not light up the display anymore. It was on, and when I rebooted it, I could go into twrp without problem and the los boot animation played without any issue, but as soon as it went into OS, the screen went black after a fraction of a second, and would not turn on anymore. Dirty flash did not help, but after deleting data, system and cache it works again. Just wanted to let you know.

Reactions: hmendes3

bixaon

Feb 19, 2022
Hello, can anyone tell me what's the latest build/version of LOS that has the sound (of phone calls) normal (not robot/metallic voice)?
If the sound of calls stands like this, i don't need the ROM. I use the phone on a daily basis and i just need a "normal" build, not the latest and evoluted build.
(I am sorry, it's not your fault Ivan. I recognize your work. I've seen that other builds based on android 12 still have the same robot voice problem)
Absolutely agree!
Couldn't imagine this may be so annoying 🤯
Anyone, please?

mcqtex

Feb 6, 2019
Hello,

the installation worked for me. However, I do not get further with the setup.
But after the pin input I come back to the Google Services screen. After two repetitions then crashes with the message settings keeps stopping.

Installed packages:
lineage-19.1-20220427-UNOFFICIAL-herolte
NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20220421-signed
Magisk-v24.3

Where could be the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are some great news for future o this project and s7 on newer android versions in general
    Huge thanks for device donation goes to Exodusnick, I recieved device today so ill be able to properly test stuff with fully working s7 instead of my old broken one which had to be used with scrcpy.

I already started work on porting some new hals and resolving some issues that were harder to debug before.
    New hals should speed up the device quite a bit without compromissing battery life (might even improve it a bit).

Also big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee in the past, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

More exciting updates coming soon.
    here it is August security update
    Nothing major in this one as i am still working behind the scenes on that huge update i talked about previously which involves rewrite of almost whole graphics and media stack (its almost finished but i still have to do a bit more testing just to make sure there is no regression)

In other news android 13 should be released next month and since there were no major changes s7 should be running it soon after release with not too many issues and ill try to take a few days off from work to get it up and running on it once source is out

Once again huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover build server cost and got me coffee with donations.
    This project wouldnt be alive without them as i do this in my free time as a hobby.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Another progress update after another day of work on this
    Here is list of the blobs that we are now source building instead of using proprietary prebuilts from samsung
    thats almost whole media and graphics stack

this is important for future of device as it will give us full control of whats running on device
    and I or anybody else for that matter will be able to patch any security holes coming from those parts or generally improve them
    or make changes needed for next android version to them

(Once im done with graphics and media ill work on source building stuff related to ril

QlxSDJu.png

Tho ill pause work on this for next week as im going on a short vacation/trip but once im back ill continue work on it and if everything goes as planed post builds using new hals and source for them

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project by covering the build server cost and buying me coffee
    Another quick progress update since im back from my trip
    One of bigger issues with new rebased hwc source has been fixed (I fixed it and tested fix 2 days ago actually but didnt post anything about it) and rest of the issues have been logged

This just leaves 2 issues related to scudo in new OMX stack and 2 or 3 edge cases in hwc stack
    after that new and improved source will be ready and it should bring quite a bit of improvements to s7 on aosp

Big thanks to everyone who is helping to cover the build server cost and coffee spent on this project.
    Here are some progress updates, I got working s7 2 days ago as some of you know from following this thread and i made some progress (actually quite a bit of it)

New graphics stack is running on it already i just finished up few commits that made it boot up with it (its 1am in my timezone now)
    It will still need some cleanup and fixes and testing before it goes public but with this we will replace quite a lot of propretary files with more modern and up to date with open source hals

Once again big thanks to everyone who helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps during night developement haha

More updates soon..
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread, also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

Make sure gapps you decide to use support android 12L/12.1/Are targetting api level 32
    Also make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12 support

If you want to use Magisk use latest Magisk Beta (25.0) or Magisk 24.1, there is bug in 24.3 that was fixed after its release that prevents zygisk from working on some devices with 3.18 kernel

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 3da780126393650fcdecac8c183cc801

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: bc1qqan6m5tn284g38tu52nalc9x5z4all8z5geq6y
    ETH(erc20): 0xB737100035a989fA9EaD13B81af2a32EFe6E1C0f
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 12L/S
    Changelog

- Merged August 2022. Security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Merged July 2022. Security update
    - Fixed more keystore issues

- Fixed issues with keystore present in a lot of bank/secure apps like binance
    - Fixed issue where setupwizard would crash when adding fingerprint due to bug in keystore
    - Cleaned up patches required for build and removed unneeded ones

- Merged June 2022. security update
    - Merged June 2022. pixel feature drop (SQ3A.220605.009.A1)
    - Improved in-call audio quality drastically
    - Addressed few more selinux denials
    - Improved general stability and performance
    - Cleaned up source

- Updated libexynosdisplay from BSP to comply with some android 12 changes
    - Removed unused build.prop entries
    - Fixed few selinux denials related to hwc props
    - Improved UI performance and stability
    - Cleaned up source
    - Removed more unneeded patches for device support

- Added QR code reader quick settings toggle
    - Improved device performance and stability
    - Added Custom low power mode power profile for cpu
    - Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
    - Exposed device hw revision to settings
    - Improved fast/slow charger detection

- Switched to new libperfmgr power hal which can be configured from /system/vendor/etc/powerhints.json
    - Adapted DT2W to new power hal
    - Muted phone services gps notif (Thanks google really appreciate you breaking random things for everyone)
    - Improved battery life and performance
    - Cleaned up all of leftover patches that were used by legacy power hal

- Improved battery usage logging for display
    - Added QR code reader to camera app (Long hold icon and launch it from context menu)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Merged May 2022. security update

- Removed libbfqio dependency from hwc since it was dropped from lineageos 19.1
    - Synced with LineageOS source (same base as official builds + some extras)

- Fixed bug wehre vibrations were too low on some devices due to inintensity being set to 0
    - Fixed bug where apps would show square popup "animation" when launching from icon instead of roudned one
    - Cleaned up build patches

- Updated sepolicy and merged updated common samsung_slsi sepolicy
    - Increased microphone gain while recording media (Camcorder, voice recording etc.)
    - Added option to disable vibration feedback on fingerprint auth

- Fixed extended volume panel
    - Updated icons for few more stock apps
    - Cleaned up patches further
    - Misc peroformance improvements

- Merged April 2022. Security update
    - Enabled new LineageOS icons (you might have to clear launcher cache for them to show up)
    - Fixed issue where galery app would show black text on black background
    - Fixed issue where unlock sound would sometimes play twice

- Drastically speed up app launch time (more info about that here)
    - Imrpoved performance and battery life by disabling some unnecessary logging
    - Switched to source built camera provider and removed samsung proprietary one
    - Upreved camera provider to 2.5
    - Fixed few selinux denials related to NFC trying to raad debug props
    - Removed floating_feature.xml which is unused on aosp
    - Disabled livedisplay by default
    - Cleaned up extra dependencies used for compiling
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back configurable audio volume panel location
    - Speed up unlock with fingerprint
    - Updated a lot of apps to MaterialYou design language
    - Fixed issue where touch screen area bellow home button would act as a gesture area even while gestures are disabled
    - Improved stability of ADB connection
    - Implemented new LineageOS setupwizard
    - Cleaned up device tree and list of required patches
    - Stability and performance improvements
    - Pointed Changelog url in updater app to new page

- Fixed issue with keystore where apps would crash when invoking it (Security related apps mostly like signal and a lot of work apps)
    - Officially rebranded as 19.1
    - Updated changelog URL in updater app to point to a valid changelog
    - Fixed battery icon styles (Again..)
    - Removed invalid zram config.
    - Cleaned up source
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Updated some stock apps to math with new design

- Merged March 2022. security and feature updates (Android 12L)
    - Fixed status bar network trafic monitor
    - Improved zram performance and enabled zram writeback
    - Cleaned up patches needed for build
    - Fixed network usage monitoring
    - Fixed per app network restrictions
    - Removed AudioFX which was causing issues
    - Decreased microphone and earpiece gain a bit to mitigate in-call issues
    - Updated some device control apps like advanced display settings
    - Improved vibrator intensity in new hal
    - Imrpoved fp sensor response time
    - A lot of 'under the hood' changes
    - Performance improvements
    - Merged more previously missing los features
    - Implemented OTA updates

- Merged February 2022. security update
    - Removed broken volume button location toggle
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issue where camera would stop working after prolonged use
    - Merged some more lineageos features that have been posted to gerrit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed developer options crashing on launch
    - Added Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel HD audio mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back lineageos setup wizard present on clean installs
    - Merged some of previously missing features that have been ported over to LineageOS 19
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Enabled selinux (Its enforcing now)
    - Moved audio hal to vendor
    - Fixed confirmation dialog box for button backlight
    - Fixed ok button which would go missing for button backlight
    - Switched to source built secril_config_svc (used for ds detection)
    - Removed obsolete debug.sf.disable_backpressure prop
    - Merged latest security updates to kernel from aosp kernel/common
    - Cleaned up source
    - Cleaned up unused props
    - Removed unused custom ld.config.txt that was overriding main one
    - Synced with LOS source

- Removed duplicate props in vendor and system
    - Cleaned up device tree code
    - Switched to source built camera provider lib
    - Switched to few source built ril related libs
    - Addressed more selinux denials
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added button backlight
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Added system side toggle for navigation bar
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed wireless display
    - Reduced logspam which should imrpove performance a bit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged r18 tag of Android 12 (SQ1D.211205.016.A1)
    - Removed liboemcrypto which was preventing drm playback in some apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Updated Clearkey to 1.4
    - Addressed most of selinux denials
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.0
    - Switched to new AIDL Vibrator hal
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Upreved fingerprint hal/service to 1.3
    - Removed unused kernel defconfig flag
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2021. Security update
    - Merged December 2021 pixel feature drop
    - Added signature spoofing support which can be used to add microg instead of gapps
    - Merged a lot of lineageos features that have been implemented
    - Fixed bluetooth sample rate while in call
    - Moved device specific ueventd rules to /system/vendor/etc
    - Freed up some ram
    - performance and stability improvements

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 19.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.0

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Since my birthday is tomorrow I decided to release a little surprise build. Here is a brief changelog:
    - Updated libexynosdisplay from BSP to comply with some android 12 changes
    - Removed unused build.prop entries
    - Fixed few selinux denials related to hwc props
    - Improved UI performance and stability
    - Cleaned up source
    - Removed more unneeded patches for device support

Im aware of Seedvault issue curently present and im working on a fix for it.
    I wanted to release something as a gift from me to everyone using this rom and supporting this project throughout the years. Keeping older phones alive and up to date is really fun hobby and I don't think I would've kept doing it if it wasnt for all of the support from the comunity.

Once again big thanks to everyone who helped cover the build serve cost and coffee.

Enjoy new build and stay safe
    New build is up, here is a brief changelog
    - Merged July 2022. Security update
    - Fixed more keystore issues

Also some important news, Exodusnick decided to provide huge help and he bought and shipped s7 to me which should be here next week, so all of exciting updates i talked about last week should be way easier to achieve and this will make testing and developement a lot easier, Once again huge thanks to him.

Also big thanks to donators that helped to cover build server cost and got me coffee which helped to keep this project up and running.

Thanks to this s7 should live for few more android releases without any major issues. and Android 12 will get even better with new hals that are curently in developement

There will be updates to 18.1 and 17.1 in a few days once july security updates have been ported to them

Here are some great news for future o this project and s7 on newer android versions in general
    Huge thanks for device donation goes to Exodusnick, I recieved device today so ill be able to properly test stuff with fully working s7 instead of my old broken one which had to be used with scrcpy.

I already started work on porting some new hals and resolving some issues that were harder to debug before.
    New hals should speed up the device quite a bit without compromissing battery life (might even improve it a bit).

Also big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee in the past, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

More exciting updates coming soon.
    And here we go as prommised, new build with improved in call audio quality and June security update
    - Merged June 2022. security update
    - Merged June 2022. pixel feature drop (SQ3A.220605.009.A1)
    - Improved in-call audio quality drastically
    - Addressed few more selinux denials
    - Improved general stability and performance
    - Cleaned up source

Once again huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me a coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without support of the comunity and s7 wouldnt still be running latest OS with latest security updates over 6 years after launch

18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out over the coming days